Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27244 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by MadamExcellency: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
I'm talking about my region being developed........... your talking about economic migrants and stragglers that need my region to survive.

Define region according to Nigerian constitution? You mean Economic migrants in Lagos State House of Assembly? Stop engaging distractions, all these jabs on Nairaland are actually a personal setback that provide no food on your table. This is just an advice.

You don't have any stake where you don't own a dime even in your fathers compound (assuming certain percent of your inheritance is with strangers and non is with you) hence leave the region matter for Mathias. Hunger can't go away by wishes rather by exchange of cash and what you give and get.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by naptu2: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2016
tinsel:

Whether the government is spending a kobo or not is not the issue. They made it possible. With all our support for Jonathan in the south east how many of these kind of project did he give us. None. You guys always have excuse for every thing.

What the hell does your support for Jonathan have to do with me?? How does it relate to my post?? I'm talking about a project in Badagry and you are talking about the east, what does the one have to do with the other What silly excuse are you talking about?? Excuse for what?? And who the hell are "you guys"??

Please re-read my post and point out how it relates to the gibberish you posted up there.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Define region according to Nigerian constitution? You mean Economic migrants in Lagos State House of Assembly? Stop engaging distractions, all these jabs on Nairaland are actually a personal setback that provide no food on your table. This is just an advice.

You don't have any stake where you don't own a dime even in your fathers compound (assuming certain percent of your inheritance is with strangers and non is with you) hence leave the region matter for Mathias. Hunger can't go away by wishes rather by exchange of cash and what you give and get.

Why are you acting as if it's my fault the SE can't replicate what you claim they're doing in the southwest in their region.

We welcome everyone.... it's our culture and we're seeing its results.

You hate everyone and you're seeing its results as no one is eager to visit or invest in your region...... simple.

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2016
ehikwe22:
Yorubas are the only proud betrayers I know. Yorubas are Nigeria's problem and they're happy about that. The North is using you people for their evil agenda against the South and you're proud about it. soon the devil you work for will consume you.
Hate will consume you. shocked

Can't you be accomodating like us, build bridges and watch people flock to you?

The more you hate us, the more we progress and you hate some more........ it's like a never ending cycle.

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amagunnerfan: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2016
samcolee:
wont insult you buh why do everyone believe that ss always blow things up. Have not seen much violence in aks where am from, though i think most of the vandalism is caused by negligence of the area. I support these developments but it doesn't help much cos we still get goods from those places at high price cos of transport. If there is development there will be no vandals
If the pipelines in the ND are been blown up as it is the case now, why do you think Government will trust you people enough to bring development over there?

The problem of ND & SE is lack of accountability. Have you held your governors accountable for their federal allocations? You rather play the victim than take your governors to account. This my brother is the main problem.

It is not as if SW and the north gets way more than you lot or is it? And what development has happened in the north ever since their religious madness, wonder why they are not crying wolf as you lot in the South South and South East?

When you think everyone is your enemy, you can't make friends. Stop been so paranoid and maybe, just maybe things will work.

The South West plays her politics better, learn from there.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Dude, I don't hate....

More so... I don't even see a seaport as a big deal in lagos state... With seaport or not.. Lagos will remain the way it has alwys been....

Again... You SW are lousy toddlers... Your words run faster than u think! Stop talking and start thinking!
And South west is far ahead your militant and environmental saboteurs of a race.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by chernest2002: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2016
If they like make dem built 50 seaports is not my business after all Lagos na NO MAN'S LAND.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
http://punchng.com/seast-safest-place-live-says-un/
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/05/the-south-eastern-part-of-nigeria-is.html
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/05/the-south-eastern-part-of-nigeria-is.html
https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un
I still don't believe,, you and I know is a lie, , don't believe something just cost some arm of UN say so.. in board day light on a weekly basis robbers operate in ABA and Onista to the admiration of police and civilian alike... just last week a friend got disposed of large sum of money in Aba when he went to buy goods

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by BMedia: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2016
Ibos need to learn how to play politics and shun hatred and empty pride/arrogance.

Build political alliances with the North and other regions in order to thrive in this country. You cannot get Biafra, you don't have a military that can get you Biafra, nobody is giving you a referendum because you simply want it and you lack the power to force it, the bottom line is your future is in Nigeria.

Without the Norths cooperation, Ibos will never produce a President or be able to elect one that will protect their interests, ESPECIALLY if they continue to deliberately ensure their interests are always opposite to that of the North/ SW.

Grandstanding will get you nowhere. This is the bitter truth.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by samcolee(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2016
sesaan:

I don't know any where in the world that people protest by distroying infrastructure,, Only ogogoro druck Niger Delta militant... They now wants investors to invest,,, If I was an investor I will never near Niger delta no way
if you're an investor don't come near if u aint ready to site ur head office in the region u r drilling oil. And no 1 will tell why the drill in ss and have heard office at lagos right from time. I wonder why they take the risk of coming here to drill but don't want to get the youths here employed by building refineries. Maybe this is this the more reasons the NDA are saying enough is enough. If they were engaged i don't think the will take up arms. Even the oil companies are occupied more by non indigenes leaving them with nothing. Don't get me wrong even when we have lazy people who are not ready to work we still have hardworking people buh they dont have the opportunity
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by bakynes(m): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2016
The truth is most of these investments you hear about in Lagos is the choice location of investors so there is no need to blame the FG. Edo state and Akwa- ibom is also peaceful thats why there is 2000MW power plant currently been built there now. As for Bayelsa and Delta i wont advice any investor to go and invest there. The South East too is peaceful but you need to drop Biafra issue and accept Nigeria then your voices can be heard.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2016
sesaan:

I still don't believe,, you and I know is a lie, , don't believe something just cost some arm of UN say so.. in board day light on a weekly basis robbers operate in ABA and Onista to the admiration of police and civilian alike... just last week a friend got disposed of large sum of money in Aba when he went to buy goods
My friend, shut the fucck up. You think the international community is bigoted? Petty crimes is what makes somewhere unsafe? Do you know how much is being swindled from people trying to buy land and properties everyday in the SW? What of your omo-oniles, and state govts empowered agberos and rival cult groups.?
The SE is the most peaceful in the country and very industrious to boot. Your presidents unfortunately have failed to leverage on that.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by izzou(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2016
GreatSE:

Signature: Am in love with K E M I O L U N L O Y O

We know all the Efuluefu.... what is proud about your Igbo. RUBBISH

Am from Anambra, Ogidi in Idenmili North LGA. I love Nigeria and would never want it to split.

You can die in hatred for all i care. I dont have anything to prove to you or your bittered generations.

And don't quote me again , both on this thread or anywhere on Nairaland

Cheers

cool

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by bakynes(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2016
samcolee:
if you're an investor don't come near if u aint ready to site ur head office in the region u r drilling oil. And no 1 will tell why the drill in ss and have heard office at lagos right from time. I wonder why they take the risk of coming here to drill but don't want to get the youths here employed by building refineries. Maybe this is this the more reasons the NDA are saying enough is enough. If they were engaged i don't think the will take up arms. Even the oil companies are occupied more by non indigenes leaving them with nothing. Don't get me wrong even when we have lazy people who are not ready to work we still have hardworking people buh they dont have the opportunity
My guy dont lie to yourself, are you telling me you dont know Oil majors give job slots to Niger Deltans and some of them sell these slots to non- Niger deltan indigenes. The refinery been built in lagos is not your oil money Dangote is into Cement and Agro biz. As if you dont know many of the Oil companies headquarters relocated to lagos because of Militancy. You just wallowing in self- pity go and address your house then you can talk of injustice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2016
samcolee:
the things is our collective efforts that will build Nigeria,, this ruling oligarchy have a grand master plan of grooming their children to take up the most juicy positions, they always have a way of planting them there... you will never see the child of a governor of former minister applying for jobs and going through rigorous training,,, at the end those that attend interview never gets the jobs,, a former governor's son will never write an application he will just drive to the office and come out with employment lo letter that's if he chooses to work,, I have witness this,, we the youths really need to wake up,, the Niger delta militants should channel there anger to the ruling elites not on pipes,, not using the agitation to corruptly enrich them selves the likes of Tompolo, Asari and co
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:
What about approving new deep seaport for some of the coastal states like Delta, Rivers,Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom,Calabar) so that traders cost of clearance and transportation from lagos to the south-east south-south and surrounding states can be reduced and those states can have more internally generated revenue like Lagos?

Or better still the FG should approve the refurbishment of all the abandoned seaports or the key ones. I sure the loots that have been recovered can foot the bill for at least one.

Traders are crying about the high cost of customs clearance leaving them no choice but to increase the price of their wares. Honestly it makes no economic sense that a country as big as Nigeria have all their active seaports located in one small state, for God sake these are the things that these so called elected Rep members and senators should be discussing in their respective meetings rather than just looking to line their own pockets and padding budgets.

Rotimi Amaechi as the transport minister and who should be representing the interests of the Mid-West, south east and south-south and their surrounding states seems to be blind to the importance of diversifying the seaports in Nigeria. No problem sha, when he finishes with APC he will return to his people who will then question him what he has achieved in terms of multi-million dollar infrastructure. He bashed and rebashed Jonathan continuously over his lack of development , now that he is in the main hot seat of developing infrastructure what is he doing!!!!

deal with militancy and insecurity first in that region and all other things will follow.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
My friend, shut the fucck up. You think the international community is bigoted? Petty crimes is what makes somewhere unsafe? Do you know how much is being swindled from people trying to buy land and properties everyday in the SW? What of your omo-oniles, and state govts empowered agberos and rival cult groups.?
The SE is the most peaceful in the country and very industrious to boot. Your presidents unfortunately have failed to leverage on that.
You just proven that the truth taste like Alomo.., Let me educate you a bit.. just cos the UN say something that doesn't make it correct,, what was their mode or Index used in finding out the safest place in nigeria?? don't be trabalistic am not from SW,,some you people don't even know Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by diczo(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Ajibel:
I knew with BRF position in the 3 key ministries, Lagos would get lots of favours.

Now Lagos state has or intend to have how many seaports About 4 in total in the next 6 years.

The Lekki deep seaport is already ongoing.

Thats very unfair to the whole country.Its Lagos the only coastal State in Nigeria.What happened to Calabar Akwa-ibom and Rivers and Bayelsa states.They should Deconjest that Lagos Jareh! Every Year we spend huge sums of money on Lagos Benin Express way, East-West road.some of these would have been transported through water ways to the south. APC government be appointing 83 year old man as a chairman are we moving forward or backward in this country.Nigerians are not bored so enough of this African Magic on the polity.
Edited :::

Thanks to naptu2, Lagos is expected to have 7 seaports

1) Apapa Port
2) Tin Can Island Port
3) Lekki Port
4) Badagry Port
5) Ikorodu Port (Lighter Terminal. NPA is working on making it an export port).
6) Ijora Wharf
7) Customs Quay (the original port of Lagos)
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by 989900E: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:

We know how GEJ denied and frustrated Lagosians by not approving the RED line right off way which end up frustrating away investors ready to lay down $billions for the project.

That clown is a sad, incompetent, unpatriotic and vindictive man who put politics before country..

Well said . . .

That was a project that was expected to commute roughly 1.5 million passengers daily! Now multiply that by just N100 per passenger . . . cry

Bitter politics is of no use to nobody.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Fourwinds: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
yes ooo....so wetin come happen....
Biafra
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2016
sesaan:

You just proven that the truth taste like Alomo.., Let me educate you a bit.. just cos the UN say something that doesn't make it correct,, what was their mode or Index used in finding out the safest place in nigeria?? don't be trabalistic am not from SW,,some you people don't even know Nigeria..
I get annoyed with obstinate illiterates, so my patience with you is wearing out.
The UN knows more about Nigeria than you do. They gave incontrovertible reasons for their assertions which is more than you have given since.
I am sure just like the rest of you illiterates, you have not gone beyong ore and you want to tell us you know Nigeria. Laughable lots.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Bruteforce101: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2016
GreatSE:

How do one fight for development..... By sabotaging other regions, the only resean an Hausa/Fulani man will develop another man's land is because they know One day they will Collect it.....Yoruba Land is a conquered HAUSA /Fulani Land, when the time comes they will come for it...... Buhari have said it.

See what hatred have done to your brain. May God heal your soul.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Really? So the reason why a progressive govt that wants to succeed would ignore better investment opportunities in other parts of the country because the people there don't like him. shocked
Very good. Nigeria's subsequents presidents would not always be supported by everybody. But this politics of winner takes all would never be forgotten.
I am sure it is just beginning. I am hopeful though that the niger-delta would begin to leverage on its strength and decide and remove presidents.
This project was not decided by buhari, it's been a long time coming(2008) moreover, it's not a wholey federal govt project, no sane bossiness man will take his investments to unsecured areas,, it's not rocket science, you can't force me to spend my money where i don't wanna! Deal with your insecurities first, learn from the south west, all struggles does not have to have element of violence!

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2016
diczo:
Thats very unfair to the whole country.Its Lagos the only coastal State in Nigeria.What happened to Calabar Akwa-ibom and Rivers and Bayelsa states.They should Deconjest that Lagos Jareh! Every Year we spend huge sums of money on Lagos Benin Express way, East-West road.some of these would have been transported through water ways to the south. APC government be appointing 83 year old man as a chairman are we moving forward or backward in this country.Nigerians are not bored so enough of this African Magic on the polity.

yes, it looks unfair but please hold your leaders accountable. This project was abandoned during the previous government and because BRF couldnt influence the continuation, the project suffered. But now, BRF has been able to influence the project to the benefit of Lagos.

Lemme ask you, during GEJ's dispensation, which projects like this were your representatives able to attract to your region (If you are from the SE or SS)

Lagos is not congested. It's because areas like Lekki, Ikorodu, Epe are not as developed as the mainland that's why there are more concentration of people in the Mainland.

Once the Badagry, Eko atlantic and Ibeju-lekki project comes up, people would migrate to these areas giving the mainland a breather.

I believe if the reps from the coastal states like Crossriver, Bayelsa and the rest approach the FG, they'll listen to them.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Bruteforce101: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2016
[s]
MadamExcellency:

[/s]

Stop crying Ngwakwe

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by hakanai(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Ajibel:
I knew with BRF position in the 3 key ministries, Lagos would get lots of favours.

Now Lagos state has or intend to have how many seaports About 4 in total in the next 6 years.

The Lekki deep seaport is already ongoing.

Edited :::

Thanks to naptu2, Lagos is expected to have 7 seaports

1) Apapa Port
2) Tin Can Island Port
3) Lekki Port
4) Badagry Port
5) Ikorodu Port (Lighter Terminal. NPA is working on making it an export port).
6) Ijora Wharf
7) Customs Quay (the original port of Lagos)

You will appreciate the port sites and the boost it would get once the rail-lines become active from the North to the SW. Because by then raw materials and finished goods will exchange in tonnes across both region and on to the international.

You have industries largely in Lagos and Ogun also access to international market via the ports. Raw materials and others from the North(Kano) by rail. Finished goods going both ways to the North and West with added value. Dangote i hope you finish your refinary in time too.

I just can't wait ... Even if Naija scatter God willing we can always do business with the SW.

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
And when did you start selling land to non indegenes in your area?

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
If the pipelines in the ND are been blown up as it is the case now, why do you think Government will trust you people enough to bring development over there?

The problem of ND & SE is lack of accountability. Have you held your governors accountable for their federal allocations? You rather play the victim than take your governors to account. This my brother is the main problem.

It is not as if SW and the north gets way more than you lot or is it? And what development has happened in the north ever since their religious madness, wonder why they are not crying wolf as you lot in the South South and South East?

When you think everyone is your enemy, you can't make friends. Stop been so paranoid and maybe, just maybe things will work.

The South West plays her politics better, learn from there.
Sorry, this is complete Bullshit.
I know how you lots like to chalk up backward politics to sophistication, but that is what it is, backward politics.
Kano state alone gets more funds from the federal government than the entire SE, so maybe you need to get enlightened before spewing inanities. The SE also had the least project allocation in this govt's budget, so yes, there is true to all the tales of marginalization you hate hearing.
GEJ could have been vindictive if he wanted to. It does not take anything to be vindictive. He could have cornered all the projects, atleast i know i would have. It is just unfortunate that he didn't. Atleast, it is a lesson for the SS that Nigeria is a dog eat dog world where selfishness is called sophistication, which is actually the height of bitter politics. The next SS/SE endorsed president would be ravenous in its approach without apology.
Btw,as you can see these projects are not a product of any ingenious state governnance. It is a federal govt backed initiative. So spare us the my state governor is better than yours BS. It is not true at all.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
I get annoyed with obstinate illiterates, so my patience with you is wearing out.
The UN knows more about Nigeria than you do. They gave incontrovertible reasons for their assertions which is more than you have given since.
I am sure just like the rest of you illiterates, you have not gone beyong ore and you want to tell us you know Nigeria. Laughable lots.
am sorry I provoked You... Am a fool, am an illiterate,, I don't know Nigeria the UN knows about Nigeria my father land more than me.. you are absolutely correct , but u didn't answer my question,, again what index did the UN used in coming to agreement about the safest place in Nigeria?? since am a fool which I have acknowledge pls sir enlighten me... in order not to make a fool of yourself kindly don't reply if u r not sure of the answer,, I will understand.. have a nice day IPOB youth

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2016
hakanai:

You will appreciate the port sites and the boost it would get once the rail-lines become active from the North to the SW. Because by then raw materials and finished goods will exchange in tonnes across both region and on to the international.

You have industries largely in Lagos and Ogun also access to international market via the ports. Raw materials and others from the North(Kano) by rail. Finished goods going both ways to the North and West with added value. Dangote i hope you finish your refinary in time too.

I just can't wait ... Even if Naija scatter God willing we can always do business with the SW.
Yes, Goodluck with that.
That is actually the best outcome which i am sure most in the SE/SS would be happy with finally. But i hope you caution your herdsmen and islamists from encroaching our territory.
Any possible enroachment would be met with isreali-like action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Tinubu Congratulates Reno Omokri On 50th Birthday / Tinubu Spent Five Years Attacking Jonathan – Omokri / Tambuwal: Peter Obi’s Presidential Ambition Dead On Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.