Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27242 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ojukwufrank: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
[s]
CSTR12:
Actually that is a statement of fact.
Even under backward Nigeria, islamic fundamentalism does not exist in the SE. The last time fulani went on rampage in abia state, saw what nearly became a whole scale counter-attack that took the army to quell.
Any encroachment would not be tolerated. A fulani dominated unprofessional army would not exist in that nation.
[/s]

Shedding hot tears cos of seaport. Lol. Your bravery couldnt stop the Enugu brutal massacre, you are needed at the Enugu IDP camp.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:

Close your mouth too man, I also live outside the country so I am also privileged to have an unbiased, detribalised and out-of-the-box vantage view of the situation. Besides Abuja (FCT) and Lagos (ex-FCT), kindly point out to me any region or state where the FG has invested anything or which receives this so called 'FG ATTENTION' which you and many other indoctrinated ones keep lamenting about?... And by the way, what exactly do you mean by the "FG refusing to invest or refusing to force/compel investors to invest in the region?"...

Investors go to a location on their own freewill based on 2 main things;
1. A secure and enabling environment,
2. A market for their goods or services.

I cited an example of shoprite Warri being attacked and looted by some idiotic youth of one community late last year. When nonsensical acts like that are the norm, it beats my imagination why anyone who claims to be unsentimental, objective and smart should be surprised when similar businesses become reluctant to come to the SS; it's even more ridiculous when some persons choose to accuse the FG or 'other tribes/regions' for the indiscretions of these youths.

Regarding the SS seaports, importers boycotted the SS seaports because of insecurity (pirates and irate youths demanding undue settlements) and that is what killed those ports. I don't need to remind you that Igbos are the biggest importers in Nigeria and these businessmen were not foolish when they began opting to go all the way to Lagos instead of using closeby ports. It wasn't the FG that chased importers to Lagos.

A businessman takes his business to a place where he hopes to make more money; he doesn't site his business in a location to please anyone at the expense of his profits. That is the reason why you have Igbo businessmen for example in every corner of Nigeria doing their thing. Capt. Iheanacho is presently making moves to site his planned refinery in Lagos. As foolish as this may seem for most people, the fact remains that it is his sole prerogative. The man is not a fool, he simply cares more about his profits than he cares about trying to develop the SE or please anyone - he's simply a businessman.

You just asked whether the Badagry port is more viable than constructing ports close to the SE; are you aware the proposed port is a state government initiative?.... Does it make any rational sense to you suggesting that Ambode should build a seaport in the SS or SE?... Like I keep saying, contrary to your claim of not being sentimental, if sentiments aren't obscuring your objectivity, this issue should be a commonsensical matter...

And finally, you asked me whether I'm being paid or whether I am Yoruba, sorry I'm not being paid by anyone and I'm not Yoruba. I just can't quietly watch people making baseless arguments, lamenting unnecessarily and throwing lots of common sense and objectivity to the wind all because of some tribal/ethnic/political sentiments.
ur papa born u well. Don't know u frm adam, but jus know that somebdy frm afar is very proud of u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
ur papa born u well. Don't know u frm adam, but jus know that somebdy frm afar is very proud of u
Thanks bro... me I don taya for some people and their continuous lamentation for this country especially as the loudest lamenters have never for once, directed the blame to the real culprits. I cant understand how the minds of so many can be so screwed by a few deceivers. Anybody who sits back, drops sentiments and critically thinks without emotional and sentimental influence should be able to see the real problem to be a local leadership matter.

For example, Delta state is one of the richest states in Nigeria and this same state is the largest debtor owing over N300 billion. Nobody can point out any single major project in this state in 16 years to justify the billions it receives and the billions it owes. Yet when you highlight cases of communities without clean water, some clowns jump in from nowhere and claims it is the north or maybe SW that should be blamed for this issue; no blame ever goes to the state governments. The saddest part is that even enlightened people swallow this rubbish and increase the tempo of lamentations. I just marvel at the inability of people to think independently.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:
Thanks bro... me I don taya for some people and their continuous lamentation for this country especially as the loudest lamenters have never for once, directed the blame to the real culprits. I cant understand how the minds of so many can be so screwed by a few deceivers. Anybody who sits back, drops sentiments and critically thinks without emotional and sentimental influence should be able to see the real problem to be a local leadership matter.

For example, Delta state is one of the richest states in Nigeria and this same state is the largest debtor owing over N300 billion. Nobody can point out any single major project in this state in 16 years to justify the billions it receives and the billions it owes. Yet when you highlight cases of communities without clean water, some clowns jump in from nowhere and claims it is the north or maybe SW that should be blamed for this issue; no blame ever goes to the state governments. The saddest part is that even enlightened people swallow this rubbish and increase the tempo of lamentations. I just marvel at the inability of people to think independently.
sori Boss
calm down
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by hakanai(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2016
CSTR12:
Yes, Goodluck with that.
That is actually the best outcome which i am sure most in the SE/SS would be happy with finally. But i hope you caution your herdsmen and islamists from encroaching our territory.
Any possible enroachment would be met with isreali-like action.

Yeah and hope you will also roundup your fraudulent peps in our domain back to your enclaves. Because any criminal activity by your folks will be addressed with a Thailand and Indonesia replica judgement. wink wink wink

Gosh ! we will be free at last to travel without the terrible "Nigerians are fraudulent or drug criminals" bad name acquired by your folks internationally. cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2016
hakanai:

Yeah and hope you will also roundup your fraudulent peps in our domain back to your enclaves. Because any criminal activity by your folks will be addressed with a Thailand and Indonesia replica judgement. wink wink wink

Gosh ! we will be free at last to travel without the terrible "Nigerians are fraudulent or drug criminals" bad name acquired by your folks internationally. cool cool cool
No, Nigeria is known as the love, dating, internet fraud or advanced fee fraud capital of the world. That is what the world knows you as. Have you tried doing business in advanced countries, not indonesia or southafrica. The first thing they think of you is fraud. That is the image your yoruba people have given to us.
And this is what Nigerians are known for in Western countries like USA, United Kingdom, france, Germany, and every part of western and eastern europe.
Fraud is what has given you your bad name. So sorry, to disappoint you, as long as you are yoruba and live among yorubas, bad name will continue to follow you in whatever country you chose.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by hakanai(m): 11:50am On Aug 05, 2016
CSTR12:
No, Nigeria is known as the love, dating, internet fraud or advanced fee fraud capital of the world. That is what the world knows you as. Have you tried doing business in advanced countries, not indonesia or southafrica. The first thing they think of you is fraud. That is the image your yoruba people have given to us.
And this is what Nigerians are known for in Western countries like USA, United Kingdom, france, Germany, and every part of western and eastern europe.
Fraud is what has given you your bad name. So sorry, to disappoint you, as long as you are yoruba and live among yorubas, bad name will continue to follow you in whatever country you chose.

undecided undecided undecided undecided Strange am just hearing this for the first time from you and who told you am Yoruba? It would seem your beef has its root. Na wah! So all the allegations are true.

What i know and have observed mostly is that your peps lead when it comes to international fraud,scam,trafficking,Illegal aliens in other nations,counterfeit and recently narcotics dealing. Try researching its impact in Europe,Asia,Africa etc and see who leads the pack. HAve you also notice that somehow the citizens of those nations are gradually knowing who you people are. Below are a few videos i Got by merely using the drugs Nigeria and Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y&spfreload=10 <-(Look at this video and you can see the shameless man weeping and blaming Nigeria. After much you can see his foolishness and what it brings. If na here someone for halla IPOB )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttFdu7aWUg

Please enjoy !!!

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by SuperS1Panther: 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:

Close your mouth too man, I also live outside the country so I am also privileged to have an unbiased, detribalised and out-of-the-box vantage view of the situation. Besides Abuja (FCT) and Lagos (ex-FCT), kindly point out to me any region or state where the FG has invested anything or which receives this so called 'FG ATTENTION' which you and many other indoctrinated ones keep lamenting about?... And by the way, what exactly do you mean by the "FG refusing to invest or refusing to force/compel investors to invest in the region?"...

Investors go to a location on their own freewill based on 2 main things;
1. A secure and enabling environment,
2. A market for their goods or services.

I cited an example of shoprite Warri being attacked and looted by some idiotic youth of one community late last year. When nonsensical acts like that are the norm, it beats my imagination why anyone who claims to be unsentimental, objective and smart should be surprised when similar businesses become reluctant to come to the SS; it's even more ridiculous when some persons choose to accuse the FG or 'other tribes/regions' for the indiscretions of these youths.

Regarding the SS seaports, importers boycotted the SS seaports because of insecurity (pirates and irate youths demanding undue settlements) and that is what killed those ports. I don't need to remind you that Igbos are the biggest importers in Nigeria and these businessmen were not foolish when they began opting to go all the way to Lagos instead of using closeby ports. It wasn't the FG that chased importers to Lagos.

A businessman takes his business to a place where he hopes to make more money; he doesn't site his business in a location to please anyone at the expense of his profits. That is the reason why you have Igbo businessmen for example in every corner of Nigeria doing their thing. Capt. Iheanacho is presently making moves to site his planned refinery in Lagos. As foolish as this may seem for most people, the fact remains that it is his sole prerogative. The man is not a fool, he simply cares more about his profits than he cares about trying to develop the SE or please anyone - he's simply a businessman.

You just asked whether the Badagry port is more viable than constructing ports close to the SE; are you aware the proposed port is a state government initiative?.... Does it make any rational sense to you suggesting that Ambode should build a seaport in the SS or SE?... Like I keep saying, contrary to your claim of not being sentimental, if sentiments aren't obscuring your objectivity, this issue should be a commonsensical matter...

And finally, you asked me whether I'm being paid or whether I am Yoruba, sorry I'm not being paid by anyone and I'm not Yoruba. I just can't quietly watch people making baseless arguments, lamenting unnecessarily and throwing lots of common sense and objectivity to the wind all because of some tribal/ethnic/political sentiments.

Masterstroke response.

Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
hakanai:

undecided undecided undecided undecided Strange am just hearing this for the first time from you and who told you am Yoruba? It would seem your beef has its root. Na wah! So all the allegations are true.

What i know and have observed mostly is that your peps lead when it comes to international fraud,scam,trafficking,Illegal aliens in other nations,counterfeit and recently narcotics dealing. Try researching its impact in Europe,Asia,Africa etc and see who leads the pack. HAve you also notice that somehow the citizens of those nations are gradually knowing who you people are. Below are a few videos i Got by merely using the drugs Nigeria and Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y&spfreload=10 <-(Look at this video and you can see the shameless man weeping and blaming Nigeria. After much you can see his foolishness and what it brings. If na here someone for halla IPOB )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttFdu7aWUg

Please enjoy !!!
This is what i got by typing Nigeria and fraud
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3303526/Divorcee-scammed-4-000-Nigerian-fianc-proposed-one-month-met-online-telling-needed-cash-UK.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3erhjn/i_always_wonder_who_falls_for_those_online/
http://www.singles4real.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgMvmMeVw7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Igmt6PsgIA

Even the FBI most wanted lists is dominated by our crime loving yoruba people
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191241-u-s-indicts-9-nigerians-over-online-romance-fraud.html

Even Oprah Winfrey the richest black woman on earth also had a say on yoruba fraudulent DNA
https://www.nairaland.com/126009/oprah-winfrey-insults-nigerians
http://allafrica.com/stories/200708270490.html
As you can see all those are opinions of people in the developed west. The people that decides what happens in the world. The people with the biggest media.
Indonesia and most parts of asia are poor, third world country like Nigeria, so nobody listens to them anyway.
I live in developed west so i know how you and your YORUBA people have soiled our name with your yahoo-yahoo and all kinds of internet fraud. As long as you are yoruba, bad name is your heritage.
That you claim not to know this shows that not only are you a liar and an inbred, but also a caveman.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by DabuIIIT: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2016
obailala:
Are you aware this project is the brainchild of the Lagos State government?... Is Ambode supposed to go build seaports in Delta or Rivers or Bayelsa or in the south east to stop secession or militancy?.... How could the minds of so many in the SE and SS just go overboard because Jonathan lost an election?... (this may not directly be connected to GEJ but it is obvious that this skewed manner of thinking became rampant since GEJ's outster).

Are there no leaders in the SS and SE?.... What are the leaders doing?... For how long shall young enterprising and even enlightened people from the SS and SE continue to fall for and swallow this age long deceit that people of 'other' regions and tribes are responsible for the lack of development in the SS and SE?.... Even if some dubious leaders in the SE and SS continue to deceive the youths with this lie to divert attention from their ineptitude and kleptocracy, when are the youths going to wake up to see beyond their nose?

For how long shall this cry of marginalisation persist? and for how long shall this cry be directed to the wrong quarters?

everywhere if it aint se its ss and then gej lose election.....u gotta get a life,u almost 70!
grin
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

But you do relate with me....cheesy

Ofcoz I'll relate with a brother like you... Don't mind me... I was just bored and decided to look for trouble then...

How's ur service going?
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amodu(m): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:

Ofcoz I'll relate with a brother like you... Don't mind me... I was just bored and decided to look for trouble then...

How's ur service going?

I Laff

It is very much fine my broda, all glory to God.

How is ur side
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

I Laff

It is very much fine my broda, all glory to God.

How is ur side

It aint easy man!.... Just trying to cope here.. No light... No 3G network... But I am grateful to God.. Where are u serving?
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amodu(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:

It aint easy man!.... Just trying to cope here.. No light... No 3G network... But I am grateful to God.. Where are u serving?

We're on the same fate as regards availability of electricity but there is 3G.

Glory be to God. It will be easy my broda.

I am in Barkum Village here in Kano State.

You're in Abuja?
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

We're on the same fate as regards availability of electricity but there is 3G.

Glory be to God. It will be easy my broda.

I am in Barkum Village here in Kano State.

You're in Abuja?

Nope... It didn't turn out like I planned.. So I switched to Delta to run professional programmes with their maritime school at burutu.. But the fee's very expensive so I'm shutting down for now!
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amodu(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:

Nope... It didn't turn out like I planned.. So I switched to Delta to run professional programmes with their maritime school at burutu.. But the fee's very expensive so I'm shutting down for now!

Okay.

God is on our side and will sure favour us and crown our efforts with a befitting job.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

Okay.

God is on our side and will sure favour us and crown our efforts with a befitting job.

Amen!.... Happy sallah celebration in advance!
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amodu(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2016
yanabasee:

Amen!.... Happy sallah celebration in advance!
Thank you baba

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boris Neenwi Shot Dead By Assassins In Rivers State. Photos / Ooni, Yoruba Leaders Move To Save Tinubu’s Presidential Bid / Reno Omokri Writes Trump On Buhari's US Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.