Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (93772 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
bros1234:

Bro, you did not deal with me.

The person you dealt with Jude Ibro. Not me.

Read this post: https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon/6#50250202

You may have read that post and contacted him.

If you even follow that post you'll notice that I responded to him and warned him about his method. So bro, once again, you did not deal with me. You have also successfully derailed this thread.

Next time. The first rule is to be sure before you accuse someone. Cos accusing the wrong person has consequences. That's what you have done.

Oga plz don't give them much of you time instead focus more on making your dollars. Keep up the good work we got ur back
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by cheehummer(f): 1:15am On Nov 16, 2016
Aida13:
These oyibo are really stingy. Did free promo and they downloaded 500 copies but to buy... Lol and they say only Naija likes awoof angry angry grin

Please my question is, I see people "bolding" some text in their description for emphasis. I want to try it but worried about the html tags showing. Kudos to you guys for the sales and kenp reads. My books get more reads than sales. Na wa back to drawing board.
Hello, I also write fiction in addition to ghostwriting but I want to branch into amazon publishinget. Please, I sent you a PM.
Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:51am On Nov 16, 2016
Hi guys hope all had been resolved and this thread can continue to do its job of encouraging writers, aspiring authors and the like..

@bros1234 it is well take it as one of those things

cheehummer:

Hello, I also write fiction in addition to ghostwriting but I want to branch into amazon publishinget. Please, I sent you a PM.
Thanks

Replied you via email.

Also...

I believe there are many writers out there wishing to have their work published on Amazon. If that is your dream then you can start from somewhere.

I'm talking fiction authors. If you have a book you want live on Kindle and be able to be called "published author" then I can be of service.

In terms of formatting and cover I can maybe sort it out for you so long as you're really ready to publish and have a finished story. Anyone can then buy your book from around the world. Even if just friends and family from church school etc anywhere in the world lol

https://www.amazon.com/No-Ordinary-Girl-Mia-Oma-ebook/dp/B01MA3RK8M/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&ref_=dbs_a_w_dp_b01ma3rk8m

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by henrimoto(m): 3:46am On Nov 16, 2016
@lobell, why did you think it was bros1234 that presented himself as judeibro to defraud you of 5k in the first place?

Its clear that the person you accused of fraud is different from who actually defrauded you. (@lobell, seriously apologise to him(@bros1234).

I remembered reading that post by judeibro, with the way he writes, you should have known that he is an information marketer.

Anyways, thanks for creating this awareness to others and sorry for the loss.

@bros1234, sorry for the wrong accusation, you 've cleared yourself here. Carry on!

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by henrimoto(m): 5:07am On Nov 16, 2016
@lobell, go clear the username @bros1234 you accused falsely of being same as judeibro here....

www.nairaland.com/3369042/let-me-mentor-free-charge.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Aida13:
Hi guys hope all had been resolved and this thread can continue to do its job of encouraging writers, aspiring authors and the like..

@bros1234 it is well take it as one of those things

I thought you've ran away. Lol. Hmmmm. I expected that you would be a bit more direct.

But it's all good
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2016
henrimoto:
@lobell, go clear the username @bros1234 you accused falsely of being same as judeibro here....

www.nairaland.com/3369042/let-me-mentor-free-charge.

Thanks for pointing that thread out. That's just how people go about talking without thinking about the impact of what they are saying. Whatever made him conclude that JudeIbro and bros1234/bros12345 is the same is what I don't know.

My dear accuser, @Lobell, you need to come direct. Go back to all the threads where you have falsely accused me and state clearly that you have sorted out your confusion. That you mistakenly accused the wrong person. Dont hide your apology under... "if you say you are not the person"

Come clear and be specific. That is the only condition for my total forgiveness.

And if you still have doubts, I am once again inviting you to my office. 6 Allen Avenue Ikeja, Opp Mama Cass, Stanbic Pension Building. Suite 6, down floor. Come with someone. I will show you all my details, email (my email is here but u are bent on giving me another email), phone numbers, payoneer, amazon, facebook, etc.

Let me not say much, cos you really fxxked up
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2016
Back to business.

Half month gone. 160 books sold so far. 7 returns. About 6,000 KENP reads.

Still needs to improve.

No book published this month so far. Have been suffering from writer's block. Not good. Anyone with idea on how to overcome writer's block should help. I need to push 2 or 4 books before month end. No motivation at all.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2016
bros1234:
Back to business.

Half month gone. 160 books sold so far. 7 returns. About 6,000 KENP reads.

Still needs to improve.

No book published this month so far. Have been suffering from writer's block. Not good. Anyone with idea on how to overcome writer's block should help. I need to push 2 or 4 books before month end. No motivation at all.
keep up the good work sir. Please help me review this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M34GEO4 its $0.99
I'll pay for the purchase
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:39am On Nov 17, 2016
dtruseeker:
keep up the good work sir. Please help me review this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M34GEO4 its $0.99
I'll pay for the purchase

Hello bro,

Your book looks good. But it's just 10 pages. You didnt add copyright page. First page, etc. That would have increased the pages.

Anyway great effort. Pls write and publish more. I haven't spent up to $5 on Amazon and so cannot post a review on Amazon yet. I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2016
bros1234:

Hello bro,

Your book looks good. But it's just 10 pages. You didnt add copyright page. First page, etc. That would have increased the pages.

Anyway great effort. Pls write and publish more. I haven't spent up to $5 on Amazon and so cannot post a review on Amazon yet. I'm sorry.
noted. thanks for the observations sir.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
bros1234:

I thought you've ran away. Lol. Hmmmm. I expected that you would be a bit more direct.

But it's all good

Wow what do you mean ran away lol I have not been frequent in NL that much that's all. Not sure what you mean by more direct?

I'm glad the issue was resolved but feel disappointed that someone can just stress another person with careless allegation. Sorry for that.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2016
I sold 7 copies this month. Gradually we will get there
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
I'm yet to see my first pay since I published in September but going by the Royalty reports I earned over $100 in KENP reads alone (October sales). Book unit sales were just ok nothing to write home about lol.

So when does the money get into my Payoneer for crying out loud it's been over 60 days come on grin
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
Aida13:
I'm yet to see my first pay since I published in September but going by the Royalty reports I earned over $100 in KENP reads alone (October sales). Book unit sales were just ok nothing to write home about lol.

So when does the money get into my Payoneer for crying out loud it's been over 60 days come on grin

Good work sis.

It will enter 60 days after.

For example, you will receive september income in Nov and Oct Income in Dec. Usually they send it on the 29th

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
dtruseeker:
I sold 7 copies this month. Gradually we will get there

That's the spirit. Keep it up.

Let me shock you. If you have one book selling 7 in one month, you are doing over well. Some books I have sell only 1 in a month. My only consolation is that I have two books that are selling over 3 each daily. I dont know why they are selling, but believe me, I put more effort in the ones not selling at all. So you are doing great. Write more and publish more
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
One of my prayer books just hit number 2 in the category again today. This book is just selling. I don't know why it is selling. It is just selling. But believe me, I put more effort in the ones not selling than this one selling like craze. Its BestSeller Ran today is around 12k.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
bros1234:

Good work sis.
It will enter 60 days after.
For example, you will receive september income in Nov and Oct Income in Dec. Usually they send it on the 29th

Wow thanks I was wondering.

Good one with the no. 2 ranking you really chose the right passion and niche.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
bros1234:

That's the spirit. Keep it up.

Let me shock you. If you have one book selling 7 in one month, you are doing over well. Some books I have sell only 1 in a month. My only consolation is that I have two books that are selling over 3 each daily. I dont know why they are selling, but believe me, I put more effort in the ones not selling at all. So you are doing great. Write more and publish more
Thank you sir. You inspired me I will definitely write and publish more
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Ewenla202: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
@bro123: Know this you have nothing to with the false allegations that guy made against your person. If you recalled awhile back, there was one particular guy that posted that he could assist people to make money on kdp. And you did want people to be careful.
This the guy write- up then. I copied and saved on my laptop. I just crosschecked now and I discovered "JudeIbro"
For up coming kindle authors, send your book title, subtitle, photo (if any) and authors name, let me design a professional kindle cover free of charge for the first three. I will also send u updates of my kindle book sales so u know amazon kindle is serious bizness. Since the ban on Naira Mastercard for international business, I depend on my payoneer card and income I make from amazon. I have paid for WES Certificate Evaluation (245 Canadian dollars) for a client planning to migrate to Canada, whose Naira Mastercard was declined, I buy things like Wrist watches (with working chronograph), USB led (lamp), power banks, T-shirts and shoes on aliexpress and sell them (note: things are cheaper on aliexpress than Jumia and Konga, but it take btw 2 - 3weeks to arrive because I use free shipment), I have used my payoneer card to pay for a lecturer journal article to be publish on an international journal and got the naira equivalent paid to me. Why am I saying all this? U can make a living if u take amazon kindle publishing serious.

For those that can't write, I will give u books (converted to kindle format by me) for N500 each and free cover design, this is just to encourage u guys. U can't make it on amazon with just one or two books, no way. I have 25 books already published on kindle and plans to make it 30 b4 next weekend, I have about 150 unpublished books, I just need to tidy them up, design covers for them, convert to kindle format and publish. The secret is keep publishing. Now the question is how do I get my books? This is a secret I share with only those in my inner circle.

Keep publishing and the recession won't even bother u. You can make up to $50 USD on the average every month if u have more than 15 books without promoting ur books and this figure can go as high as $500 per month with paid promotions (e.g amazon promotion, google adword promotion or facebook promotion). I promote my books using free alternatives such as twitter. One of my secrets is to open a twitter account ( with "oyinbo man pix" make una no blame me o, man must hustle), search for kindle books related topics and I will comment about the book on a trending hash tag, then I will drop a link to my book on amazon, men it converts very well though not up to paid advert. Planning to do paid advert when I am through with my website where I have all my books plus their links to my amazon kindle store. I don't intend to promote individual books, but a link to all my books, that way, I will carry all my books along in the scheme of things.

But for now, I am sticking to my twitter approach, and people who just come across my books and make purchase. I like it when I download may sales report in Excel format and scrutinize it on the 15th of every month, and I love those emails from Payoneer that screams "You have received payment" at the end of the month. This is what I do and it's been fun.
judeibro@gmail.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ewenla202:
@bro123: Know this you have nothing to with the false allegations that guy made against your person. If you recalled awhile back, there was one particular guy that posted that he could assist people to make money on kdp. And you did want people to be careful.
This the guy write- up then. I copied and saved on my laptop. I just crosschecked now and I discovered "JudeIbro"

Thanks for the observation. I'm glad that the house here has also understood that and we have moved on. I am not Jude Ibro. It was a very bad mistake for that guy to just make unnecessary conclusions and accuse me falsely. But I have moved on.

At least, God don help me cross $500 in Amazon sales this month. So it is well

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks for the observation. I'm glad that the house here has also understood that and we have moved on. I am not Jude Ibro. It was a very bad mistake for that guy to just make unnecessary conclusions and accuse me falsely. But I have moved on.

At least, God don help me cross $500 in Amazon sales this month. So it is well

What is your secret Bros 1234, can you share it with the house please. I recently published a kdp book on Amazon on diet and did a free promotion for three days and I only got 25 downloads. May be there are secrets to selling on Amazon. Share them please. I am listening attentively

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:04am On Nov 28, 2016
AncientTimes:

What is your secret Bros 1234, can you share it with the house please. I recently published a kdp book on Amazon on diet and did a free promotion for three days and I only got 25 downloads. May be there are secrets to selling on Amazon. Share them please. I am listening attentively

My greatest secret is that there is no secret.

1. I choose a niche I have a lot of knowledge.

2. I write quality stuff, at least to my best of ability.

3. I do basic and good proofreading (at least to my best ability)

4. I push the button ...that is publish...and then hope for the best.

5. I keep writing even when the ones published are not selling. I just write and publish more. I failed this Nov. cos I only published two books. That's failure to me. So far I have about 25 books on Amazon and sell about 5-10 daily.

6. This Nov, we have crossed $700 in sales...to the glory of God.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
bros1234:

5. I keep writing even when the ones published are not selling. I just write and publish more. I failed this Nov. cos I only published two books. That's failure to me. So far I have about 25 books on Amazon and sell about 5-10 daily.

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm, 700 USD, I knew when you were earning 358 plus and not you have crossed. I am a newbie, I need to be thought. I wrote one book on diet, but it didn't sell as I expect. Did a free promotion and from Wednesday to Saturday and I got 26 downloads..it was really poor. Well, may be my key words are not really the perfect ones and so forth. I will be writing another book soon then I will run a free promotion and we what happens. I blesed God for your profit. You are making it so much. Continue to encourage us.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm, 700 USD, I knew when you were earning 358 plus and not you have crossed. I am a newbie, I need to be thought. I wrote one book on diet, but it didn't sell as I expect. Did a free promotion and from Wednesday to Saturday and I got 26 downloads..it was really poor. Well, may be my key words are not really the perfect ones and so forth. I will be writing another book soon then I will run a free promotion and we what happens. I blessed God for your profit. You are making it so much. Continue to encourage us.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
EkoErrands:

How to you make sure that when you are doing a promo, there are information about your other books available? Do you have to make a particular setting by doing that?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by einsteine(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2016
AncientTimes:

How to you make sure that when you are doing a promo, there are information about your other books available? Do you have to make a particular setting by doing that?

Include the information in the front matter as well as the book description. That is, information about other books by that author.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
einsteine:

Include the information in the front matter as well as the book description. That is, information about other books by that author.

So in the front matter, like my title page or other things, I should include my precious books and then in my books descriptions, I should also refer to those books written my me. Okay. I have to try.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:42am On Dec 01, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks

Wow 25 books on Amazon. That's impressive and so is the $700 sales.. Goals!

You must have good electricity supply and a whole lot of free time and determination.

You also picked a great niche where people buy books. In fiction it's a little different especially for new authors. We will all get there :-)
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 01, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks
$700 a month? Whew! You're the boss mehn. I just finished proofreading my first book. it's on finance, about 9000 words. I want to push four books out before December 18th. Guess I have a long way to go.
Btw, what is the lowest amount you can cash out?
And, do you use payoneer or PayPal?
You just pumped me to write more. My problem I think, is that I keep writing long stuff and doing meticulous proofreading.
It is well sha.
To your success...and our success!
Slainte!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:58am On Dec 01, 2016
Joseid:
$700 a month? Whew! You're the boss mehn. I just finished proofreading my first book. it's on finance, about 9000 words. I want to push four books out before December 18th. Guess I have a long way to go.
Btw, what is the lowest amount you can cash out?
And, do you use payoneer or PayPal?
You just pumped me to write more. My problem I think, is that I keep writing long stuff and doing meticulous proofreading.
It is well sha.
To your success...and our success!
Slainte!

Bro. Publish your book and then publish more. I keep saying it here. You can never write a perfect book. Dont spend too much time on just one book. Just do a good proofreading work. I have books that are not selling at all. But I have a book that sells 5-6 daily and so on.

Amazon pays with Payoneer. They will pay you even 10 cent that you make after 60 days, e.g, September earning is paid in November, October earning paid in December and November earning paid in Jan and so on.

Actually, we crossed $900 this past Nov. to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by uncleshege(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2016
bros1234:

Bro. Publish your book and then publish more. I keep saying it here. You can never write a perfect book. Dont spend too much time on just one book. Just do a good proofreading work. I have books that are not selling at all. But I have a book that sells 5-6 daily and so on.

Amazon pays with Payoneer. They will pay you even 10 cent that you make after 60 days, e.g, September earning is paid in November, October earning paid in December and November earning paid in Jan and so on.

Actually, we crossed $900 this past Nov. to the glory of God.

Lemme help you convert that your payoneer dollars to naira wink Hit me up. Contact in my signature...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply)

What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires / Bc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.