Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91330 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:34am On Oct 30, 2016
Lol thanks @bros1234 I will definitely do the 2.99 for upcoming books. Optimize... Oh ok. Will have to figure that out. Along with what categories to choose from because I didn't see too many relevant options.

I'm happy with the last title.. It got up to 8,000 BSR the past week. Thank goodness all those novel reading is starting to pay off... Maybe in big bucks soon... Yippeee \o/

Also bro could you remove the link from your quotes reply. Because I'm taking out links as much as possible after a few hours. Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
Aida13:
Hello please who can leave a review for this book in exchange for an advance review copy? Thanks

gud day,did u really write this book?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
miisy:

She really did. She has other books and they are all great. I see her creating a bestseller soon
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
miisy:

Hi, yes I did. Also could you help me remove the link in your quoted reply? Thanks for helping me find this post I made because I needed to take down any links.

Hit me up if you have any other questions :-)

@bros1234

That bestseller is my dream... I need to just put in extra effort in the writing and presentation. Thanks for the big-ups lol
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2016
UPDATE:

This is my 3rd month in publishing in Amazon Kindle. Here is my updates so far.

Total books: 20
Niche: My Personal Passion

Month 1 (Aug) - $110
Month 2 (Sep) - $359
Month 3 (Oct) - $478

OCTOBER BREAKDOWN

CreateSpace (US Marketplace) - $70.30
CreateSpace (UK Marketplace) - #8.33

KDP -US - $348.75
KDP - UK - #52.34

I ignored adding up the other ones and also counted the pounds as dollars, so that I don't exaggerate anything. So add the createspace earning and KDP earning, you'll get my calculation for Oct.

LESSONS

I have now proved that this works. It's now time to scale up into other niches. I have also improved my writing speed and skills so much that I can now write 5-6000 words per day.

If you are still sitting on the fence, come on and give this business a chance. My major reason for considering this business model is that you can keep earning from these books for life. No more work on your part. Isnt that great?

I hope I have motivated someone. I don't know if I will share further earning proof. I may or may not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by sexymonkey(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2016
bros1234:
Finally, I got one of my books ready in hard copy through createspace. Let's see how it goes. I'm thinking of putting all 14 books into hard copies too. Just leaning.
pls can you explain the format used in delivering the books.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2016
@bros1234

Those figures look inspiring. With 20 books out it's good to see that readers are interested enough to buy copies daily. That Createspace... Will jump on it soon.

My strengths lie with KENP reads which will average 25,000 pages read in October. I'm picturing what it will look like if I had 20 or even 10 books on sale... Whew. Got to get to work work work work.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2016
bros1234:

I havent made a withdrawable money and I am not bothered about that yet. I started uploading books on July 29, 2016. I want to gether sales. When I get to that bridge I will cross it.

Hello.
Stumbled into this thread. I'd like to learn how to go about publishing. Could you be kind enough to put me through, via email if need be?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
bros1234:
UPDATE:

This is my 3rd month in publishing in Amazon Kindle. Here is my updates so far.

Total books: 20
Niche: My Personal Passion

Month 1 (Aug) - $110
Month 2 (Sep) - $359
Month 3 (Oct) - $478

OCTOBER BREAKDOWN

CreateSpace (US Marketplace) - $70.30
CreateSpace (UK Marketplace) - #8.33

KDP -US - $348.75
KDP - UK - #52.34

I ignored adding up the other ones and also counted the pounds as dollars, so that I don't exaggerate anything. So add the createspace earning and KDP earning, you'll get my calculation for Oct.

LESSONS

I have now proved that this works. It's now time to scale up into other niches. I have also improved my writing speed and skills so much that I can now write 5-6000 words per day.

If you are still sitting on the fence, come on and give this business a chance. My major reason for considering this business model is that you can keep earning from these books for life. No more work on your part. Isnt that great?

I hope I have motivated someone. I don't know if I will share further earning proof. I may or may not.
CONGRATS SIR! More dollars to us grin grin
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Aida13:
@bros1234

Those figures look inspiring. With 20 books out it's good to see that readers are interested enough to buy copies daily. That Createspace... Will jump on it soon.

My strengths lie with KENP reads which will average 25,000 pages read in October. I'm picturing what it will look like if I had 20 or even 10 books on sale... Whew. Got to get to work work work work.

25,000 KENP READ!

WOW!

You are doing absolutely well out there. I am following you bumper to bumper. I get your book alerts, when you make edits and releases. Your BSR shows you wont earn anything less than $500 per month. You're really in charge in that romance fiction. Wish I could write fiction like you do.

Keep it going sis.

I was just testing the waters in this business by just writing on things I know very well and do. Now it's time to venture into other niches and really get started...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
MULLAH123:

CONGRATS SIR! More dollars to us grin grin

Yes bro
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
Joseid:

Hello.
Stumbled into this thread. I'd like to learn how to go about publishing. Could you be kind enough to put me through, via email if need be?

Please go through this thread. It should give you an idea on whereto start. If you have problems, let us know.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
bros1234:

25,000 KENP READ!

WOW!

You are doing absolutely well out there. I am following you bumper to bumper. I get your book alerts, when you make edits and releases. Your BSR shows you wont earn anything less than $500 per month. You're really in charge in that romance fiction. Wish I could write fiction like you do.

Keep it going sis.

I was just testing the waters in this business by just writing on things I know very well and do. Now it's time to venture into other niches and really get started...

I really love fiction and have a lot I've already written and just need to polish to suit the standards of the market. Thanks for the feedback and motivation. I didn't know you could get notified like that and I appreciate it really.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
bros1234:

She really did. She has other books and they are all great. I see her creating a bestseller soon
wooow . .she? that's nice... nice to know..
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Aida13:

Hi, yes I did. Also could you help me remove the link in your quoted reply? Thanks for helping me find this post I made because I needed to take down any links.

@bros1234

That bestseller is my dream... I need to just put in extra effort in the writing and presentation. Thanks for the big-ups lol
kudos dearii...that's so nice, congrats ...u will get there..
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Aida13:

@bros1234

why taking down the links dough?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen we are officially in NaNoWriMo month. This is five days late but I just thought I'd let those of you that might be interested in it know. @Aida13 *sideeye*
for more info go to NaNoWriMo.Org and please support me when my own book come out. It's going to be amazing.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2016
Signed #BadCreative
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by tboibamz: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
Greetings to everyone here. Good to know about this. More grease to your elbows.

#following.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
GoldPencil:
Ladies and gentlemen we are officially in NaNoWriMo month. This is five days late but I just thought I'd let those of you that might be interested in it know. @Aida13 *sideeye*
for more info go to NaNoWriMo.Org and please support me when my own book come out. It's going to be amazing.

Lol
I know about NaNoWriMo but wow I'm up to my elbows with other stuff.. I ghost write for a few other people... No time babe but thanks I'll see how it goes

miisy:
why taking down the links dough?

Just because of what I heard about all this Amazon restriction stuff that I don't even understand myself
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 8:05am On Nov 06, 2016
Aida13:

Lol
I know about NaNoWriMo but wow I'm up to my elbows with other stuff.. I ghost write for a few other people... No time babe but thanks I'll see how it goes

Just because of what I heard about all this Amazon restriction stuff that I don't even understand myself
owkk...so they don't allow people to up their links on site,what about sending it to a friend on whatsapp?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2016
GoldPencil:
what is it about pls...gud morning to u.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2016
@miissy its a yearly challenge where you have to write a fifty thousand word novel in thirty days. Takes place every November. Although there are prizes to be won, the focus is more on creativity. Whether you can push your self to do that in such a time. Helps build your writing skill. The idea is that if you write 1670 words daily, you will have a 50000 word book by 30th November.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by miisy(f): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2016
GoldPencil:
@miissy its a yearly challenge where you have to write a fifty thousand word novel in thirty days. Takes place every November. Although there are prizes to be won, the focus is more on creativity. Whether you can push your self to do that in such a time. Helps build your writing skill. The idea is that if you write 1670 words daily, you will have a 50000 word book by 30th November.
that's nice... dough it won't be easy to start now..thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by einsteine(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2016
Aida13:

Lol

Amazon does not penalize for linking to your books. How else would people promote their books? What Amazon penalizes for is including excerpts of your books in other websites and this condition is only for books enrolled in Kindle Unlimited.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
einsteine:

Amazon does not penalize for linking to your books. How else would people promote their books? What Amazon penalizes for is including excerpts of your books in other websites and this condition is only for books enrolled in Kindle Unlimited.

Whew thanks for that. Wanted to include an excerpt of my book on Wattpad. That was close

GoldPencil:

@miisy

I guess I'll be linking my books on site after all. Also, hope you get it now about NaNoWriMo. It's fun if you have the time and motivation.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
slimjoe007:

Send me a PM and i will send you a written document on the easy steps to start. It is free o am not requesting anything o before they turn me to marketer.
Hello boss. I could really do with your help too. Please, may I also send you a PM?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by xpressTrade: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
if you need videos for your gig,i can make an amazing one for you at a thousand naira. whatsapp me. if you need explaindio, videoscribe,videomakerfx,active presenter,nitro pro,video spin softwares hit me up.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Aida13:

Lol

Hey sis, I am interested in doing some ghostwriting by 2017, beginning Jan. Any possibility I could get a few words from you. Just a few would do. Maybe email, Whatsapp, anyway
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
bros1234:

Hey sis, I am interested in doing some ghostwriting by 2017, beginning Jan. Any possibility I could get a few words from you. Just a few would do. Maybe email, Whatsapp, anyway

Do you need a ghost writer for your books? Or do you mean you are interested in ghost writing? If you need me to handle some ghost writing for you come January then no probs.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
Aida13:

Do you need a ghost writer for your books? Or do you mean you are interested in ghost writing? If you need me to handle some ghost writing for you come January then no probs.

I mean that I am interested in Ghostwriting. How did you get ur first client and where? Fiverr?

At least I can now do other things and work on Amazon gradually since it will bring in small change monthly on autopilot henceforth. At least 5 sales drop in every day. So I have to do other stuff. Waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.