Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91334 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Everyday4:
bro1234 please what is your objective opinion on writing and publishing poems?

Honestly bro, I have never written poems before. In fact I don't even know a poem when I see one, unless its like the Psalms. My advise is that you should do it. Publish your works. Its free to do that. Who knows, it may be what is missing in our world today.

GO AHEAD AND DO IT. WRITE IT. PUBLISH IT.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Eddodoh(m): 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
I have been writing short stories at my leisure and dumping them somewhere. I think It's high time I turn my passion for writing into something meaningful.

I need a mentor to guide me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Eddodoh:
I have been writing short stories at my leisure and dumping them somewhere. I think It's high time I turn my passion for writing into something meaningful.

I need a mentor to guide me.

Welcome bro.

Yeah. Its time to sharpen those skills and see how they can attract some extra.

We are here to help. Start. Start, Start.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Eddodoh(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
bros1234:

Welcome bro.

Yeah. Its time to sharpen those skills and see how they can attract some extra.

We are here to help. Start. Start, Start.
Thanks. I am currently writing on a topic: Understanding Customers As An Asset To Your Business

I am yet to get a laptop though. I write using EverNote.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2016
I hope everyone is still motivated and loving the journey of being a writer and publisher. I know I am! My sales aren't crazy but I'm loving the KENP reads... Almost 5k pages read since October across my 3 titles.

I hope to bring out the fourth book in a day or two. I really want at least 10-12 out by December. Goals goals! Have a great day peeps.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Aida13:
I hope everyone is still motivated and loving the journey of being a writer and publisher. I know I am! My sales aren't crazy but I'm loving the KENP reads... Almost 5k pages read since October across my 3 titles.

I hope to bring out the fourth book in a day or two. I really want at least 10-12 out by December. Goals goals! Have a great day peeps.

Good work sis. Good work.

You really beat me on the KENP read. But I can be consoled that my sales are not too bad, though it's just crawling. Just 4 books everyday.

Let's keep the motivation high. An author's main joy is seeing people read what you manufactured and wrote in ur house. and then send u a thank u note.

I just published a book that ended up as 371 pages. And I wrote it in 15 days. It was about 47,000 WORDS.

I didnt even know I have improved my writing like that.

I will give an update by month end.

God's blessings

3 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
bros1234:

You really beat me on the KENP read. But I can be consoled that my sales are not too bad, though it's just crawling. Just 4 books everyday.

Let's keep the motivation high. An author's main joy is seeing people read what you manufactured and wrote in ur house. and then send u a thank u note.

I just published a book that ended up as 371 pages. And I wrote it in 15 days. It was about 47,000 WORDS.

God's blessings

47,000 words is massive! Imagine the editing involved omg. It's taking me forever just to edit 31k words i wrote recently. It's amazing you wrote that many words in just 15 days. Nigerians are really talented.

Kudos with the four books a day. I notice I earn more from KENP reads so which ever one is fine by me so long as I'm earning. I think 3000 pages is approx. 15 usd from what I noted from my reports.

Thanks bro for starting this thread and I look forward to more insight and feedback from you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by skyrockete(m): 4:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Pls help ooo! I have written 3 books and I want to upload it to Amazon but I find it difficult to format, help. What should I do? I am in Ibadan, anybody in Ibadan who can render me tutorship? Pls help
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
Aida13:

47,000 words is massive! Imagine the editing involved omg. It's taking me forever just to edit 31k words i wrote recently. It's amazing you wrote that many words in just 15 days. Nigerians are really talented.

Kudos with the four books a day. I notice I earn more from KENP reads so which ever one is fine by me so long as I'm earning. I think 3000 pages is approx. 15 usd from what I noted from my reports.

Thanks bro for starting this thread and I look forward to more insight and feedback from you!

Wow. You mean that 3000 KENP read is $15. That's nice. I should get up to $30 from them this month then. Very encouragine.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
skyrockete:
Pls help ooo! I have written 3 books and I want to upload it to Amazon but I find it difficult to format, help. What should I do? I am in Ibadan, anybody in Ibadan who can render me tutorship? Pls help

Bro. Its difficult to give this lecture here o. Just edit it in WORD. Make ur heading with eith Heading 1 or Heading 2. Then use the automatic table of contents and save as .doc

That's all. But it could be hard if u dont know much. If the book is not much in pages I may help you with the arrangement and reforward to you. If it's more than 20 pages, pls forget sending it to me. Also note that I am not talking about proofreading it for you. I am not making any typographic corrections, just formatting for kindle best view level and my assistance is still FREE.

Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:19am On Oct 22, 2016
bros1234:

Wow. You mean that 3000 KENP read is $15. That's nice. I should get up to $30 from them this month then. Very encouragine.

Yes, approx 3000 KENP = $15.

Since September when I brought out the first title till date (October) I've had about 10,000 KENP across the 3 books.

Not sure when they're going to transfer the royalties though... But I think the KENP rates vary month to month...

Hope I get paid soon but I read somewhere it will be after 3 months since the first time the book came out... Did you get your payment in yet @bros1234?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by m8rasw6h11(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2016
Aida13:

Yes, approx 3000 KENP = $15.

Since September when I brought out the first title till date (October) I've had about 10,000 KENP across the 3 books.

Not sure when they're going to transfer the royalties though... But I think the KENP rates vary month to month...

Hope I get paid soon but I read somewhere it will be after 3 months since the first time the book came out... Did you get your payment in yet @bros1234?

60 days. Not 3months
I dunno if Amazon has stopped the rule, but you're not suposed to upload screenshots of your earnings/account.
It can get your banned.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by kissler(f): 6:49am On Oct 22, 2016
bros1234:

God's blessings
U are doing a great job here Bro. and am really motivated and encouraged.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 7:13am On Oct 22, 2016
m8rasw6h11:

60 days. Not 3months
I dunno if Amazon has stopped the rule, but you're not suposed to upload screenshots of your earnings/account.
It can get your banned.

Bro. Welcome on board. Thanks for your advise. But people upload screen shots all the time in blogs and so on. How are they going to know it's mine when my name and books are not shown.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2016
Aida13:

Wow, your KENP reads is very impressive. I no see your back at all! I'm very curious to know the genre your books are. Just a broad idea, you don't need to disclose too much!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2016
bros 12345, one of my new books has the 200,000 rank and is in the top 100 (actually 90) in one of my chosen category. Is that a good rank: because I only sell 1 copy per week!
Also, can Nigerians download a kindle book when you run a free promotion? Thanks!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2016
m8rasw6h11:

60 days. Not 3months
It can get your banned.

Wow didn't know... I thought @bros1234 put up a screenshot of something similar earlier. I will take it down thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Wow, your KENP reads is very impressive. I no see your back at all! I'm very curious to know the genre your books are. Just a broad idea, you don't need to disclose too much!

Thanks. I'm surprised and happy with it myself. On 21st (yesterday) I actually clocked an unprecedented 2,000+ pages in one day. Was really amazed.

It's romance fiction (the genre).

I put up an image but will take it down later. Though my books or name isn't in this screenshot.. But don't want their issues ooh. Lol

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by m8rasw6h11(m): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2016
bros12345:

Bro. Welcome on board. Thanks for your advise. But people upload screen shots all the time in blogs and so on. How are they going to know it's mine when my name and books are not shown.

Thanks, following this thread.
I wasn't refering to you, but Aida who had his titles displayed.
You can be caught via reverse image search.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
Aida13:

Thanks. I'm surprised and happy with it myself. On 21st (yesterday) I actually clocked an unprecedented 2,000+ pages in one day. Was really amazed.

It's romance fiction (the genre).

I put up an image but will take it down later. Though my books or name isn't in this screenshot.. But don't want their issues ooh. Lol

Lady Oma, you're killing those guys with your KENP read. Good work. See my measely sales and KENP read below. I need to improve.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
bros1234:

Lady Oma, you're killing those guys with your KENP read. Good work. See my measely sales and KENP read below. I need to improve.

I won't call that measly at ALL. I'm averaging a unit sale a day so I'm totally in envy of your sales numbers. You're killing both ends with some consistency, which is what I'm aiming for as I get more titles out (at a better price too as you advised!).
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 2:39am On Oct 23, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues understanding this "royalty earned" stuff. Sometimes it will be a certain amount and then later it will reduce. For example in the section where it says "royalty earned" I noted it could be like $9.00 then the next day up to $10 but then suddenly it will go down to around $6.00 and now even $5.00.

Who understands what is going on? How can royalties be reducing even when you see you are making everyday unit sales? I realky don't get it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Aida13:
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues understanding this "royalty earned" stuff. Sometimes it will be a certain amount and then later it will reduce. For example in the section where it says "royalty earned" I noted it could be like $9.00 then the next day up to $10 but then suddenly it will go down to around $6.00 and now even $5.00.

Who understands what is going on? How can royalties be reducing even when you see you are making everyday unit sales? I realky don't get it.

Nothing is going on sis.

1. Check to be sure there are no returns.

2. If there are no returns, then check the date and refresh. Most likely when you enter a new date frame it will reduce, but the money is still there. You can select date range to view and you can see that your money is there

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 11:58am On Oct 23, 2016
bros1234:

Nothing is going on sis.

2. If there are no returns, then check the date and refresh. Most likely when you enter a new date frame it will reduce, but the money is still there. You can select date range to view and you can see that your money is there
bros I'm new to this thing. I just published my book plz how can I promote it to get sales?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by slimjoe007(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Aida13:
Hi everyone,

There is nothing wrong with your sales or your money disappearing. Th reason for this is that the sales dashboard usually display 30 days report this means that if it shows from 1st september to 1st october sales to be $30. on the second it will show 2nd september to 2nd october. this means that any sales you made on 1st september will be deducted though it is still there if you chose the custom mode and select from 1st september to practically today you will see your entire earning displayed.

Hope this is descriptive?

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
slimjoe007:

There is nothing wrong with your sales or your money disappearing. Th reason for this is that the sales dashboard usually display 30 days report this means that if it shows from 1st september to 1st october sales to be $30. on the second it will show 2nd september to 2nd october. this means that any sales you made on 1st september will be deducted though it is still there if you chose the custom mode and select from 1st september to practically today you will see your entire earning displayed.

Hope this is descriptive?

bros1234:

Nothing is going on sis.

Thanks guys for explaining it so well. I also found an answer in Amazon earlier and I'm happy I get it now.

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:54am On Oct 24, 2016
dtruseeker:
bros I'm new to this thing. I just published my book plz how can I promote it to get sales?

Hello bro,

Nice to hear that you just published.

1. Please keep writing and publishing.

2. You can only offer free promo, where people can download your book for free....but you must enrol the book in KDP Select. If you did not enrol it while publishing it, you can still enrol it. It's after that you can promote it for free. There are other promo options where you pay and amazon promotes the book, but the book must have had its price unchanged for like 3 months or so (can't remember) before you can use that option.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hmmm! I cant believe this.

How is everyone doing in this thread.

NOTE: I now offer Amazon publishing service. You can read the thread starting to know more.

Thanks

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by dtruseeker(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
bros1234:

NOTE: I now offer Amazon publishing service. You can read the thread starting to know more.

Thanks
need ur number sir
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks

Congrats. I didn't get your location? Are you in Nigeria?

I got to slightly increase my price for my new book and for subsequent Titles I will go higher while also improving quality and substance.

I now correctly check my sales records using the custom settings. I soon realized my sales weren't as bad as they looked in general. Thanks for your pointers which really helped.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
dtruseeker:
need ur number sir

My contact is at the beginning of this thread.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
Aida13:

Congrats. I didn't get your location? Are you in Nigeria?

I got to slightly increase my price for my new book and for subsequent Titles I will go higher while also improving quality and substance.

I now correctly check my sales records using the custom settings. I soon realized my sales weren't as bad as they looked in general. Thanks for your pointers which really helped.

Pls make ur books $2.99 and choose 70% royalty plan. You deserve it. Your books are great. I read them and loved them. Will purchase them soon.

Yes. I am in Nigeria

Lastly change the category of ur books. At 11,000 BSR your books should be number 1 in some categories.

Gal/Woman/Grandma (lol) You are doing great. Pls optimize

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.