Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91315 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
bros1234:

I doubt I can do this bro. Sorry. Rather I can send you an editable png version of one of my real book covers published on CreateSpace. You should be able to edit it using fireworks or coreldraw. or get someone to help you do that.
alright send it to me. Send it to osatuyiadekunle@gmaildotcom. After editing the png version,what will I covert it to or save as to make uploading easy on createSpace
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2016
shakol91:
alright send it to me. Send it to osatuyiadekunle@gmaildotcom. After editing the png version,what will I covert it to or save as to make uploading easy on createSpace

I have sent you a mail with the cover sample requested, in png format. It's editable. Note that after editing it, you can then go to smallpdf.com and convert JPG to PDF. Its the PDF version that u will upload to createspace. I also attached the PDF version for you as well
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2016
bros1234:

I have sent you a mail with the cover sample requested, in png format. It's editable. Note that after editing it, you can then go to smallpdf.com and convert JPG to PDF. Its the PDF version that u will upload to createspace. I also attached the PDF version for you as well
thanks boss,but I tried to open the message,it displayed message truncated due to size. Pls what's the other method
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Jtvinci:
how much are you willing to pay?

600 per review...because I have reduced it to $0.99 and I need 6 reviews ...

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2016
shakol91:
thanks boss,but I tried to open the message,it displayed message truncated due to size. Pls what's the other method

The image is large. It may not open on mobile. Use a system to view it and work on it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2016
bros1234:

The image is large. It may not open on mobile. Use a system to view it and work on it.
yes,I used pc for the downloading. I'm confused on how to edit it because of the cover content, I was expecting novel cover but you sent church book cover. Still confused on how to go about it. Pls help me
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2016
angry na wa for these oyibo people sef. somebody will sweat for days writing and formatting a book, design a good cover and upload it. only for them to buy it, read it and then have their money refunded back to them. finished my 11th book now, still no sales. cry
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
everton4life:
angry na wa for these oyibo people sef. somebody will sweat for days writing and formatting a book, design a good cover and upload it. only for them to buy it, read it and then have their money refunded back to them. finished my 11th book now, still no sales. cry

11th book. No sales.

No no no no. something is wrong somewhere.

Please mail me ur book link let me see ur niche and recommend.

tvchost at gmail dot come
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
shakol91:
yes,I used pc for the downloading. I'm confused on how to edit it because of the cover content, I was expecting novel cover but you sent church book cover. Still confused on how to go about it. Pls help me

What do u mean u were expecting a novel cover? Did I say I was going to design your cover for you. I sent you a template which should give you cover sizes and specs and you are still asking confused. At this stage, take your matter to a graphic designer in your street.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by micson: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hello please i need someone who can buy my amazon kindle books and give me
5 star reviews note
i will be purchase for 5 times and given a 5 start review for each purchase
pm for more details as to what you will charge
but the book is selling for 0.99
thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
bros1234:

I always appreciate your work and assistance. I thought you will send me novel template,which I can just edit the title and picture and replace it with mine. And edit the back cover. But when I saw the church cover,It was confusing and looks like I'll have to do a fresh work and also start writing contents. Anyway,I'll try my best and if it doesn't work,I'll move on. Thanks for everything
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2016
shakol91:
I always appreciate your work and assistance. I thought you will send me novel template,which I can just edit the title and picture and replace it with mine. And edit the back cover. But when I saw the church cover,It was confusing and looks like I'll have to do a fresh work and also start writing contents. Anyway,I'll try my best and if it doesn't work,I'll move on. Thanks for everything

On a second thought I edited my post. Believe me, it may just take 500 naira or 1k for a graphic designer to do you a cover. I cant teach you that over nairaland. Also I dont write novels. Sorry.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Chromedome(m): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hello,

This is a very nice thread, I commend the op for doing a good job.

For those that need a professional, high-converting kindle cover, I offer this service for an affordable fee of only 1000 naira! I am a professional graphic designer, so be rest assured. Your cover will be ready within 24hours once you place an order.

Simply send me :

1. Title
2. Sub title
3. Name of author
4. The genre of book ie, horror, fantasy, romance etc

That's all you have to do, leave the rest to me, you will be amazed by my work! Kindly find some of my recent jobs below.

Remember, first impressions matters, this is very true especially when it comes to the visual representation of your work. You may have the best content, but no one will be interested if your book is not well packaged - especially when your target audience are from the west; don't toil for nothing,order your amazing kindle/ebook cover now and start making sales!!

Contact on my signature, thank you.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2016
bros1234:

On a second thought I edited my post. Believe me, it may just take 500 naira or 1k for a graphic designer to do you a cover. I cant teach you that over nairaland. Also I dont write novels. Sorry.
thanks. I will post feedback later
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 12:27am On Oct 06, 2016
bros1234:

11th book. No sales.

No no no no. something is wrong somewhere.

Please mail me ur book link let me see ur niche and recommend.

tvchost at gmail dot come
Sent. I hope to hear from you soon
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:29am On Oct 06, 2016
everton4life:
Sent. I hope to hear from you soon

Replied you. More blessings to your hustle
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2016
Chromedome:
Hello,

For those that need a professional, high-converting kindle cover, I offer this service for an affordable fee of only 1000 naira! I am a professional graphic designer, so be rest assured. Your cover will be ready within 24hours once you place an order.

Simply send me :

1. Title
2. Sub title
3. Name of author

That's all you have to do, leave the rest to me, you will be amazed by my work! Kindly find some of my recent jobs below.

Remember, first impressions matters, this is very true especially when it comes to the visual representation of your work. You may have the best content, but no one will be interested if your book is not well packaged - especially when your target audience are from the west; don't toil for nothing,order your amazing kindle/ebook cover now and start making sales!!

Be arranging my commissions undecided

I have checked out the covers you showcased here. Looks okay. I'm glad that my friend PERCEPTION PLAYS got you to do the cover. What DPI are you using? I'm thinking may need to be increased
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by everton4life(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
another thing I noticed is that each time I want to do a Kindle promo. I keep seeing a message like "Your start reading location has not been set. " how do I solve this
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2016
everton4life:
another thing I noticed is that each time I want to do a Kindle promo. I keep seeing a message like "Your start reading location has not been set. " how do I solve this

Ignore it. It doesnt matter. You dont need to do anything about it
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Chromedome(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2016
bros1234:

Be arranging my commissions undecided

I have checked out the covers you showcased here. Looks okay. I'm glad that my friend PERCEPTION PLAYS got you to do the cover. What DPI are you using? I'm thinking may need to be increased

Morning, I'm glad you know the author of "Perception Plays", a very smart and intuitive individual.

To your question, I deliver at 72DPI,if you want it print ready - 300DPI and get a free 3D mock up of your cover, that will cost you 2k.

I offer this service on Fiverr and the minimum I charge is $10 per cover. I am just doing this to help guys here in solving a very important aspect for making sales from their books on Amazon.

Most of my foreign clients always emphasis on their cover design being beautiful and professional ; it is the basis of making sales on Amazon. (oyibo are visual creatures) cool

Kindly contact me at my signature if you need my service. Call/ whatsapp. Thank you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 12:20am On Oct 09, 2016
These oyibo are really stingy. Did free promo and they downloaded 500 copies but to buy... Lol and they say only Naija likes awoof angry angry grin

Please my question is, I see people "bolding" some text in their description for emphasis. I want to try it but worried about the html tags showing. Kudos to you guys for the sales and kenp reads. My books get more reads than sales. Na wa back to drawing board.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Aida13:
These oyibo are really stingy. Did free promo and they downloaded 500 copies but to buy... Lol and they say only Naija likes awoof angry angry grin

Please my question is, I see people "bolding" some text in their description for emphasis. I want to try it but worried about the html tags showing. Kudos to you guys for the sales and kenp reads. My books get more reads than sales. Na wa back to drawing board.

1. Bro, you're welcome to the club.That was what they did to me one day. They downloaded over 650 books in one day. I even thought maybe it was robots that was downloading the books because I was just shocked to see 688 books downloaded...and not much sales for the other titles I have. So you're welcome bro.

2. To add that header bolded tag us this: <h2> What you want to increase-bold</h2>

If you just want to bold a portion without making it look bigger (heading), use this:

<b> this is bold text</b>

The h2 tag is a heading tag not so big, but very moderate and recomended in the amazon platform. h1 tags are bigger and h3 tags a bit smaller than h2.

No ask me how i take know. Na website I dey design until Buhari carry recession enter and clients begin abandon their websites, no more renewal. Nna, na im I redirect.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Aida13:

which niche is your book? Just a broad idea, you don't need to disclose too much. Thanks!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
emmalexdboy:
which niche is your book? Just a broad idea, you don't need to disclose too much. Thanks!

It's romance fiction. However with Nigerian setting so my next plan is to go global lol
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
bros1234:

1. Bro, you're welcome to the club.That was what they did to me one day. They downloaded over 650 books in one day. I even thought maybe it was robots that was downloading the books because I was just shocked to see 688 books downloaded...and not much sales for the other titles I have. So you're welcome bro.

2. To add that header bolded tag us this: <h2> What you want to increase-bold</h2>

If you just want to bold a portion without making it look bigger (heading), use this:

<b> this is bold text</b>

The h2 tag is a heading tag not so big, but very moderate and recomended in the amazon platform. h1 tags are bigger and h3 tags a bit smaller than h2.

No ask me how i take know. Na website I dey design until Buhari carry recession enter and clients begin abandon their websites, no more renewal. Nna, na im I redirect.

Thanks bro I hope I have the courage to try those bold tags. Some said they used it but it ended up just coming out with the tags showing.

Imagine if those 650 downloads a day was real sales *sigh* at least it means the book is not the problem. They are just not comfortable paying for an unknown author I guess
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
Chromedome:
Hello,

Simply send me :

1. Title
2. Sub title
3. Name of author

Thanks for the cover Perception plays... It represented my story in more ways than one.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by glo3nity: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, please I will like to know if preview on KDP is compulsory and the importance.

Thank you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by MrHim(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
EkoErrands:

Thanks for the cover Perception plays... It represented my story in more ways than one.

You are welcome. Look forward to subsequent dealings.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Jtvinci(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
alright then, we are all hustling, and sorry for my delay in reply. how do we move forward?
EkoErrands:

600 per review...because I have reduced it to $0.99 and I need 6 reviews ...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EXICON(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
I can get this done for you.
Reach me on my signature.

shakol91:
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shakol91(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
EXICON:
I can get this done for you.
Reach me on my signature.

if I send you my book cover photograph will you be able to make use of that?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 3:03am On Oct 14, 2016
For anyone able to leave Amazon reviews, I'm interested. I need reviews for three ebooks. Thanks guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.