Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Nigerians: We Are Racists! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: We Are Racists! (4622 Views)

Nigerians: We Don't Live In Paradise And We Know It / Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out / America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by RichyBlacK(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
tae_x:

Oh and im sorry, i posted this in the wrong section. my bad.

What section would you have posted it?

Note that the contents of a thread is better a reflection of the thread than the words in its title.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by RichyBlacK(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
tae_x:

at away4real. Speaking of preconcieved ideas of superiority, it is our own past that is biting us in the arse. I live in the uk, and I see a lot of black people making it in thier chosen professions. The only difference is that these people are in the minority. The majority of black ppl living in the uk tend to limit themselves, they have no vision because they think like you do. They think that they can never get anywhere as the white man is there to put them down so they dont even bother trying. No be mouth, na work. If these people disregarded the current state of black achievement out there, got a good education and got a first degree, are u telling me that they wld then be discriminated against even though thier credentials are as good or even better than that of the next person? U dont realise that there is actually a system to prevent things like that. If i applied for a job, same as a white man, I have a 1st and so does he, If they take the white man over me, there has to be a damn good reason otherwise i can take them to an employment tribunal and get a whole lotta compensation for it, and dont tell me the system doesn't work because it does. WE are the ones who don't try. Yes there is still racism out there, but we dont believe we can beat it so we dont try, we simply take it out on other innocent whites simply because they have the same color of skin. THAT IS NONSENSE

@tae_x,

I'm in full agreement with you on that statement!

Yes there is still racism out there, but the existing array of tools (legal, administrative, political, media, etc.) are enough to do serious damage to it. Even in barbaric nations that still have institutionalized racism (mostly in the Middle-East and Asia), there are ways and means, peaceful and violent, to obstruct, dent, damage or disable those institutions that encourage and enable racism and racist ideologies.

The struggle against tribalism, ethnic bigotry, racism, sectionalism and religionism, is one that humans have to continually fight!
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@
the reality will always be

assuptions will always be

nl then again got its quota

realisation will always be; then again shall u talk real

like someone said bla bla pigeon aha; wetin oh if the chose the whiteone over u for a given job; you take their whiteass to tribunal

who are the tribunals; FA

well me said, u are still a learner cuz i dnt even know where to start

i really dnt; cuz if the soul that were eaten up by crocodile in  South-africa waken up; damn your holy ass, u will be in serious wahala

forget white people, every Nigerians know the biggest devil are the Fg; i aint here to write script to suit your delusions

u either live it up or not
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@

and to u

im still waitin to be prooven wrong

then shall i know whats up

we are in the planet
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@@

white people devil or not

one thing certain right

average nigeria know the white has gone far ahead of nigeria-africa

but may i remind u that the same emm or some still thinks yall live along side the lion in Kenya
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2009
tea
at away4real. Speaking of preconcieved ideas of superiority, it is our own past that is biting us in the arse. I live in the uk, and I see a lot of black people making it in thier chosen professions. The only difference is that these people are in the minority. The majority of black ppl living in the uk tend to limit themselves, they have no vision because they think like you do. They think that they can never get anywhere as the white man is there to put them down so they dont even bother trying. No be mouth, na work. If these people disregarded the current state of black achievement out there, got a good education and got a first degree, are u telling me that they wld then be discriminated against even though thier credentials are as good or even better than that of the next person? U dont realise that there is actually a system to prevent things like that. If i applied for a job, same as a white man, I have a 1st and so does he, If they take the white man over me, there has to be a damn good reason otherwise i can take them to an employment tribunal and get a whole lotta compensation for it, and dont tell me the system doesn't work because it does. WE are the ones who don't try. Yes there is still racism out there, but we dont believe we can beat it so we dont try, we simply take it out on other innocent whites simply because they have the same color of skin. THAT IS NONSf ENSE

i think most people will agree with some of the stuff u written but that doesnt change the reality which i ve stated

but just wonderin if them mama from your side that still believe some kids are born witches are to be taken serious

u see we get a wahala; it very easy to come here and type nonesense
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by away4real(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
tae_x:

at away4real. Speaking of preconcieved ideas of superiority, it is our own past that is biting us in the arse. I live in the uk, and I see a lot of black people making it in thier chosen professions. The only difference is that these people are in the minority. The majority of black ppl living in the uk tend to limit themselves, they have no vision because they think like you do. They think that they can never get anywhere as the white man is there to put them down so they dont even bother trying. No be mouth, na work. If these people disregarded the current state of black achievement out there, got a good education and got a first degree, are u telling me that they wld then be discriminated against even though thier credentials are as good or even better than that of the next person? U dont realise that there is actually a system to prevent things like that. If i applied for a job, same as a white man, I have a 1st and so does he, If they take the white man over me, there has to be a damn good reason otherwise i can take them to an employment tribunal and get a whole lotta compensation for it, and dont tell me the system doesn't work because it does. WE are the ones who don't try. Yes there is still racism out there, but we dont believe we can beat it so we dont try, we simply take it out on other innocent whites simply because they have the same color of skin. THAT IS NONSENSE

@ poster with all due respect you have valid points. I have in no way suggested that black people should not try as you have stated and labelled me one of them thanks for the complement.

But you have not addressed fundamental issues. You stated that those that "make it" amongst the blacks are in the minority, have you asked why is that so. What are the factors that make some give up so soon. Oh do black people just choose not to try and have vision. I reject as false the notion that black people do not try, it is untrue, black people on the average do try , of cos you have the odd weed smoker and "blamist", these are just outlyers.

I gave two clear facts and all you have come up with is "utopia". How many black ceo's in the UK and secondly The minorities in the metropolitan police recently stated that they work 4 times as hard to get the same level of recognition like their white colleagues. So the issue is that abinitio the ethnic minority police officer is worse off cos he has to be 4 times more hard working and determined, so this is where the numbers drop, on the average not all blacks will be 4 times as determined so that is why you have them in the minority not becos they dont try.

Coming to living in the UK, i live in the UK as well (so wats d big deal). I work in an investment bank and volunteer for the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). So does that mean i can say in certain there is no bias out there hell no rather i can say first hand there is. Working for the CAB I have represented people in tribunals both employment and immigration and i understand first hand the issues. The tribunals do work but how many cases can be proved, some are thrown out on technicalities or are statute barred.

The UK govt has made progress and enacted laws against discrimination so it helps, but i asked a simple question who is the aggressor in this case. If it did not exist or should be ignored as you propose why were the laws enacted or why the need for a tribunal. And you think the presence of tribunals has all of a sudden changed the UK. You really must be living in a bubble.

My arguement is that you can not state Nigerians as racist to the white man as suggested by your post becos on the contrary Nigerians are more accomodating. This debate is not if racism exist or not, its on Nigerians being racist. Okay
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by sleekp1: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ikeyman00
If you're going to abuse people at least say it in the language they would understand.
You need lessons in English come on there must be a night school near you, I laughed when I saw your derisory statement about us the Edo people, but I couldn't get what you were trying to say.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
away4real

sometimes words make no sense i think

but hahhaha emm opp talkin
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
sleek

@ikeyman00
If you're going to abuse people at least say it in the language they would understand.
You need lessons in English come on there must be a night school near you,  I laughed when I saw your derisory statement about us the Edo people, but I couldn't get what you were trying to say.

frankin speakin, i dnt know what u are talkin about

but if u are really sleeky as u claimed; then u should be makin sense to be honest

but then im still standin vindicative

till then bla blah
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by sleekp1: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

sleek

but if u are really sleeky as u claimed; then u should be makin sense to be honest

till then bla blah

This is what am talking about:

if any naija emm are prone to denouce themselves after emm migrating to oversea

na edo people

now quote me

superman

a lot of them settle for a white lady

a lot of them never wana come back to naija

etc they avoid eachother like hell

edo people may una desist from bleachin your skin, u bi blaik?? oo

to say that therent aint nothing wrong with u might be an understatement! Shocked

white people or not

live your lives!! fools

u can check out the edos in nl to verify what i ve said this is no joke!

These were all taken from the previous page, I think you don't only have problem with English language, you also have problem remembering what you've written. Sometime try and read what you're writing before clicking the reply button.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by mex004(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2009
tae_x (f)

Its so unfortunate u don't even know the meaning of RACIST, na wa oooooooooooo, embarassed
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
now question!!!

to those em

the Jews eat alone, party alone;ding alone etc

u have to be Jews to be accepted; right

why is that acceptably deemed in the society
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
sleek
These were all taken from the previous page, I think you don't only have problem with English language, you also have problem remembering what you've written. Sometime try and read what you're writing before clicking the reply button.

superman

till then bla blah

thanks to the net

the whole nigerians can have a look shocked
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2009
I cant imagine this Ikeyman is actually typing on a computer *smh*
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
haa grin^^^

typin from ur backside
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by away4real(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

haa grin^^^

typin from your backside

Pls if you dont mind you are makin the thread difficult to follow, posting too many responses that have no direct relevance. If you can help delete some of your post that will help or the moderator can help.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
well emm this is politic section ^^^

hope u remember that boss

thank u
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by MrCrackles(m): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
Poster and Poster
I laugh in Lagos Island. . . . grin
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
^^^^haaa grin grin

away4 real

i mean; look at your username;

what is that saying to nigerians that wana stay in nigeria to build our country

listen my friend

get help
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by blackspade(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Poster

Your friends have the right to feel that way. The amount of race mixing in Britain is disgusting, before you know it blacks will disappear and all there will be are those mixed up people.

I once read 50% of Black Caribbean men and 30% of Black Caribbean women are in mixed race relationships. The numbers for Black Africans are rising sharply. undecided
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by sleekp1: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
blackspade:

@ Poster

Your friends have the right to feel that way. The amount of race mixing in Britain is disgusting, before you know it blacks will disappear and all there will be are those mixed up people.

I once read 50% of Black Caribbean men and 30% of Black Caribbean women are in mixed race relationships. The numbers for Black Africans are rising sharply. undecided

In some parts of London its 70% Black Caribbean men and 70% of Black Caribbean women  in mixed race relationships.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
70% Black Caribbean men and 70% of Black Caribbean women in mixed race relationships.

So whats wrong with this?? undecided undecided

This is our main problem, perpetuating and enforcing the belief of Race
ofcourse there will be Racism.

I wonder how we cant see its so ridiculous to group people based on skin colour
when you cant explain what happens within.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
^^^^

bullshit

lets face the real stuff and leave that aside

if we can
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
I am not racist, I have a black and white television.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by sleekp1: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2009
Gamine:

So whats wrong with this?? undecided undecided

Nothing wrong with it except the percentages is wholly in favour of white people and yet they still get angry when they see a black man and a white woman. And black people thinking if they marry white people their status will somehow be elevated, are always in for a shock. How come the Indians always marry within their own? We suffer from inferiority complex than any race.

This is our main problem, perpetuating and enforcing the belief of Race
ofcourse there will be Racism.
Are black people really the ones perpetuating and enforcing Racism? Which planet did you drop from?

I wonder how we cant see its so ridiculous to group people based on skin colour
when you cant explain what happens within.

Who is grouping people based on skin colour? I didn't realize black people had such powers. What country did you say you live in again? If its Italy I hope you are married to a rich Italian.

P.S
Am sure you are intelligent enough to charge for your services. My sister no give dem for free O o o. ROFLMAO! ! !
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2009
Who is grouping people based on skin colour? I didn't realize black people had such powers. What country did you say you live in again? If its Italy I hope you are married to a rich Italian.

P.S
Am sure you are intelligent enough to charge for your services. My sister no give dem for free O o o. ROFLMAO! ! !

undecided undecided
Great, that you can laugh at your stupidity.
It'd be tragic otherwise.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by sleekp1: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2009
Gamine:

undecided undecided
Great, that you can laugh at your stupidity.
It'd be tragic otherwise.

What first attracted you to your 70yr old Italian husband?
Hehehe !!!!! its your stupidity that made me erupt in giggles. An old woman is uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb hehehe !!!!
Am sure you're in a mixed race relation hence your reaction, its not every woman who would be happy sleeping with an Italian grand father hehehe.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by FBS: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
Erm . . .who started this topic asserting that we are racists! Does the poster know the meaning of such a strong word? Had he phrased in form of a question it would have been a different thing.

Let me ask you Mr Poster and I would like you to back it up with facts:

- How many foreigners ("white people"wink in Nigeria were denied work/job because of their race?
- How many of them were denied visa into the country?
- How many foreigners died or were killed in racially motivated attacks in Nigeria?
- How many times have you heard on radio or TV that foreigners were referred to in derogatory terms? (Pls dont tell me "oyinbo" is derogatory)
- How many right wing (nationalist extremist parties. . .please don't mention the bokoharams) political parties exist in Nigeria?
- How many times if ever did any foreigner complained of been spat at in the face?
- Who are those who run the top companies in Nigeria?

It is common knowlegde that these "white" people are worshipped in Nigeria and indeed Africa.

If at all, most (note: not all) Nigerians are tribalistic but to say we are racists, sh!t bleeping NO!.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
@@@@

like i said just cuz nl is free should warrant to typin shit right here

to say that there aren massive stupid nigerians out there arent no joke

poster

still waitin to be proven wrong!

endless time abi?
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
@away4real, the only answer that i have for you is the same one u seem not to be getting. Nobody is disputing that the whites WERE the agressors, but it was back in the day, BACK IN THE DAY. They are not so anymore. U need to get that. We as black people have been dealt harsh cards in life, but we cannot keep using that as an excuse for underachievement. We need to work harder than the whites in order to get to the same place in life that they are, that is not fair, but it is what it is and we need to deal with it and get over it.
I am also very offended by you telling me that i live in a bubble, u dont know me from adam, so pls dont make that kind of an assumtion about me, in high school i was beaten up constantly simply because i was one of 4 black girls in a school of 600 students, coins were thrown at me in class everyday, one a girl even broke my arm. The other three werent picked on because they did not speak thier minds, i constantly did and it always landed me in hot water. Now that may not be hardcore enough for you but it was hard for me, they wanted me to stop coming to school because they hated me, but i kept going, everyday, my father even wanted to remove me, but i refused. So dont tell me i live in a bubble or imply that I am naive because i am anything but. If anybody has earned the right to be racist towards whites, it is me. But i learnt to rise above it n realise that not all of them are like that. And there is no big deal to living in the uk, that is not what i meant.
The whole point of this topic is to get to the root of why nigerians are racist, there is simply no call for it. Yh, so we were opressed and sold as slaves, its ancient history. What we forget is that as a race, it also made us stronger.

Oh n lemme ask you a question, ure saying the reason for our lack of success in the uk is not due to our own laziness. Well i assume u dont think ure a lazy person. Why arent u the ceo of a major company? anyone holding u back?
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
@sleek-p, can u make a human being white, black or yellow?? When u can make a living breathing being, then u are allowed to say its disgusting to mix races, WE ARE ALL HUMANS, some are stupid enough to think one race is better than the other, but pls, if we wanna call ourselves enlightened, pls lets think like enlightened people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibb Phone Number And Profile On Facebook / Prof. Babs Fafunwa Is Dead? / Some Christians Should Shut Up!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.