Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship (22662 Views)

Chinese Men Support Obiano In Anambra During Solidarity Rally (Photos) / Market Women Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha (PICTURES) / Traders Protest In Onitsha Over "Taxation' By Governor Obiano(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by SWORD419(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
The women aint Wearing bra
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by kossyablaze(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
misspicy:
Kossyablaze come and see mama chioma your in-law grin
lolzzzzz grin
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by MasterofdRolls1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Adaowerri111:
But I thought he was the best governor, God bless owelle rochas okorocha, he is easing the pains of the people with capital projects, steady work day and night, God bless you sir. Runs out of thread

Where are the capital projects?
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by rhektor(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Clown, you don't have any point because there is nothing on the thread that suggest that Obiano is not a performer. People protest all over the world even when you spoonfeed them..

[s][/s]

Zombies will always be zombies, even if you kill them

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by rhektor(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
doctokwus:
That is the good thing about economic hardship;it has no religious,denominational,ethnic,tribal or party affiliation. When it hits a people,there is no amount of propaganda,channels TV bought news slots,$5m ugu exporting,that wud stop them from showing their disapproval.
Obiano propaganda facade is gradually clearing from people's eyes.The only state governor that buys dedicated slots on channels tv.
The one thing Obiano brought back from America is how to package a N1000 product to make it luk like a N100m one.

Very true bro, don't mind this tomatoes and ugwu governor. Àwọn gómìnà aláta grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by mrvitalis(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Chukwudi stop being a hopeless child. Did you read anywhere that the people are being owed? Obiano is the only Nigerian governor that is paying salaries as and when due and equally doing massive infrastructures across the state. He didn't even collect bailout nor burden the state with loans unlike other states did and keep doing..

[s][/s]
Then u must have miss understood what I wrote... I never said they don't pay salary... I never said they owed salary... Did I??
My point was that it is not from the agricultural innovation that the date get there money as Bruce and some people would have us believe, it is from IGR.. Mostly gotten from tax
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Cuche: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hired protesters
It is clear that the battle for 2017 has begun for some political jobbers. Like someone said the blueprint for developing Anambra state is crystal clear and Obiano is pursuing it with vigor despite the economic downturn.
I beg the politicians to allow him a second term, it will be to the benefit of the State.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Doug07034780891(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
How did you know that, are you the commissioner of finance and budget? cool

mrvitalis:

Then u must have miss understood what I wrote... I never said they don't pay salary... I never said they owed salary... Did I??
My point was that it is not from the agricultural innovation that the date get there money as Bruce and some people would have us believe, it is from IGR.. Mostly gotten from tax
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Cuche: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abagworo:
The recent events in Anambra State is assuming same pattern as has been the case in Imo State. The people behind it are same people linked to PDP. Watch out for more protests and then media attacks against the Governor.
Are you trying to compare Anambra with Imo state? Okorocha missed it, big time, when he stopped paying salary. I heard the bailout loan he took from FG was diverted.
Most states in the country really depend on the salaries of its civil servants to stimulate all other strata of Labour and trade. So not making available that money is a sure way to create poverty and much grumblings among the citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by mrvitalis(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
How did you know that, are you the commissioner of finance and budget? cool

It's a state and the budget was well read by me. .. So I know what am saying, I agriculture can reduce unemployment but it hardly increase government revenues, that's my point stryker
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Doug07034780891(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
You are still wobbling and mumbling! Now you have committed another blunder, how did you arrive to the worthless comment that agriculture cannot grow or improve IGR? Did you do economics at all in your secondary school? cool

mrvitalis:

It's a state and the budget was well read by me. .. So I know what am saying, I agriculture can reduce unemployment but it hardly increase government revenues, that's my point stryker
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by mrvitalis(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
You are still wobbling and mumbling! Now you have committed another blunder, how did you arrive to the worthless comment that agriculture cannot grow or improve IGR? Did you do economics at all in your secondary school? cool

Men am shocked at the fact that u don't know that agriculture is a non taxed sector in Nigeria.... Tell me how it adds to the state IGR
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Doug07034780891(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chukwudi, I will lecture you for free!

Now look below and see a wholesale dealer that deals on the home grown processed rice. Now as a distributor don't you know that he will pay operational permit? Pay local government permit and in some cases VAT? Where do you think those taxes are going? Don't you think that by the virtue of the man setting up that office that he has automatically expanded the IGR base of the state? Or you don't think so?

What about the tuba yam, vegetable etc from Ogbaru that ends up at the foodstuff market in Onitsha, you don't know that they pay some local taxes too? All these adds up in one or another to the IGR of the state. What about the commercial farms like the Coscharis rice farms in Anambra, do you think they won't be paying commercial farm tax to the state government which in most cases run into millions? Or you think they will be operating for free?

mrvitalis:

Men am shocked at the fact that u don't know that agriculture is a non taxed sector in Nigeria.... Tell me how it adds to the state IGR

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Chibuhealth(f): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

Agberos. Dey south east.??
where agbero no dey? Eh? Nwa ekwensu
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by mrvitalis(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Chukwudi, I will lecture you for free!

Now look below and see a wholesale dealer that deals on the home grown processed rice. Now as a distributor don't you know that he will pay operational permit? Pay local government permit and in some cases VAT? Where do you think those taxes are going? Don't you think that by the virtue of the man setting up that office that he has automatically expanded the IGR base of the state? Or you don't think so?

What about the tuba yam, vegetable etc from Ogbaru found it's way to Onitsha, you don't know that they pay some local tax too? All these adds up in one or another to the IGR of the state.

Have u had of tax wavers??

So because the Yarm is now produce I anambra doesn't mean we would now have more yam sellers. ...
Farming only benefits the farmer and not government... . If we produce all the rice we need, government would make almost no money from it, but it will reduce unemployment and save forex
As for generating government revenues.. . Agriculture is not the way... expect the farm. Is government owned. .. But that's not the case I. Anambra
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Doug07034780891(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
I just gave you an instance that as little as tuba yam seller is, he pays some tax too. I am making those points to prove to you how agriculture grows IGR.

Now look at the bigger pictures, now look at the Coscharis rice farms in Anambra. Do you think such a commercial farm won't pay tax to the state where it is operating? These and more are some of the ways states makes money from agriculture. What about agro-processing? What about value chain? All these are by-products of agriculture and how it affects the economy of a state positively..

mrvitalis:

Have u had of tax wavers??

So because the Yarm is now produce I anambra doesn't mean we would now have more yam sellers. ...
Farming only benefits the farmer and not government... . If we produce all the rice we need, government would make almost no money from it, but it will reduce unemployment and save forex
As for generating government revenues.. . Agriculture is not the way... expect the farm. Is government owned. .. But that's not the case I. Anambra

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by mrvitalis(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Doug07034780891:
I just gave you an instance that as little as tuba yam seller is, he pays some tax too. I am making those points to prove to you how agriculture grows IGR.

Now look at the bigger pictures, now look at the Coscharis rice farms in Anambra. Do you think such a commercial farm won't pay tax to the state where it is operating? These and more are some of the ways states makes money from agriculture. What about agro-processing? What about value chain? All these are by-products of agriculture and how it affects the economy of a state positively..

Well this is advanced economics

When a government wants a sector to grow it brings what we call tax waver, in Nigeria exporting agric products, farming and processing mining (for 2 years tho) attracts 0% tax

They are not taxed

So baba coscharis wont pay tax for that farm... hope u understand now
The only tax we would pay is income tax and that's negligible
Hope u enjoyed the lecture
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Doug07034780891(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chukwudi, you keep making more and more blunders. Where did you learn this economics that's up-side-down? And how did you get the nonsense comment that Coscharis won't be paying tax to the government? Are you the commissioner of finance or head of IGR that gives waivers? Anyway you are still a school boy that's still growing..

mrvitalis:

Well this is advanced economics

When a government wants a sector to grow it brings what we call tax waver, in Nigeria exporting agric products, farming and processing mining (for 2 years tho) attracts 0% tax

They are not taxed

So baba coscharis wont pay tax for that farm... hope u understand now
The only tax we would pay is income tax and that's negligible
Hope u enjoyed the lecture
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Chapter5ive: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lol @ugu exporter. Lol
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by SonofDevil: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chibuhealth:
where agbero no dey? Eh? Nwa ekwensu

LOL Esu ni iyalaya egringrin

I thought biafraudians from ugu republic said south is the paradise of nigeria..?grincheesy
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by no1madman(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
eyaaaaaaaaaaa! This is no life!
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by LoveDecay(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
Eya .......... why are there so many widows in the east.

Anambra, exports rice and ugwu to thailand. All the farmers in Anambra are women, ooh grin

it is a very developed, higly homogenized and indigenous, ibo state. That is full of law abiding christians. tongue
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

LOL Esu ni iyalaya egringrin

I thought biafraudians from ugu republic said south is the paradise of nigeria..?grincheesy
why do you guys enjoy privacation?
I just posted in a Yoruba thread where my pals showing maturity didn't engage in this infantile behavior of yours. I can only conclude that its only envy that guides this attacks .grow up dude
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by sorepco(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
More like ngige at work

dmorf:

APC at Work
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by SonofDevil: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
eduj:

why do you guys enjoy privacation?
I just posted in a Yoruba thread where my pals showing maturity didn't engage in this infantile behavior of yours. I can only conclude that its only envy that guides this attacks .grow up dude
Shup up.!! Flattino from ugu republic don't u see what she wrote
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

one should think by now I would be used to your type.You are so eager to engage in an ethic fight that you couldn't even spot the error in my previous post -that's if you can even identify it. I bet you sleep on top your mobile device. Nairaland should include the alert option for people like you maybe then, you can deceive yourself that you have a worthwhile past-time/occupation.
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

thought by now I would be used to your type.You are so eager to engage in an ethic fight that you couldn't even spot the error in my previous post -that's if you can even identify it. I bet you sleep on top your mobile device. Nairaland should include the alert option for people like you maybe then, you can deceive yourself that you have a worthwhile past-time/occupation.
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

thought by now I would be used to your type.You are so eager to engage in an ethic fight that you couldn't even spot the error in my previous post -that's if you can even identify it. I bet you sleep on top your mobile device. Nairaland should probably include the alert/vibrate option for people like you maybe then, you can deceive yourself that you have a worthwhile past-time/occupation.
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by globe16: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
sponsored protest.. Who gave them their shirts? Obiano is working but has the weakest media team in government. I dont know how he continues to pay the ghost workers he calls media team.. Peter obi and his gang are winning the propaganda war aginst him and the docile obiano is there apologizing.. Dude obviously doesnt know anything about politics,

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by SonofDevil: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
eduj:

one should think by now I would be used to your type.You are so eager to engage in an ethic fight that you couldn't even spot the error in my previous post -that's if you can even identify it. I bet you sleep on top your mobile device. Nairaland should include the alert option for people like you maybe then, you can deceive yourself that you have a worthwhile past-time/occupation.
Save your trash.

Parkwell make I see front cheesygrin
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

Save your trash.

Parkwell make I see front cheesygrin
woah! look how fast your reply came. you are obviously quick with your fingers. have you ever considered taking up an occupation as a typist or pianist? am sure you would do well.
Re: Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship by steadyguy101: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
a widow is proudly wearing a shirt with widow written of it?

something is amiss here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Visits Prophet Joshua Iginla (Photos) / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Kuffour, Others- PUNCH / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.