Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs (1844 Views)

Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her / This Is What You See In A Relationship Of No Sex Before Marriage (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
It is with intense heaviness of heart i have come here to seek your mature advises regarding the situation i am in right now. I am in a very serious relationship of abt 3 yrs, i plan on proposing few weeks from now, the lady in question is everything i want in my wife and my family have been very receptive of our relationship as she is like part of the family already, last time i saw my parents, i made them understand that we'd be settling down very soon. Now, i got the shock of my life when my dad told me his pastor friend whom he trusts says God is giving a warning that i should not marry this lady and he was so passionate while discussing with me. Fellas, this is a lady i have never found fault with since we have been together. She is focused, ambitious, submissive, beautiful and everything a man could ever pray for. I am really at crossroads, should i heed to the warning and walk away? or stay and follow my heart. The question on my mind is why did God wait for 3 years to speak? Could the prophesy be erroneous? My heart and instinct tells me to ignore, make my dad see reasons with me and go ahead to marry this lady.
I had to register a new username to create this topic. @Moderator, i beg you in God's name, please push this to front page, i need mature opinions and advises. Thanks in anticipation, good people.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by madridguy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
My advise bro, get in contact with another soothsayer, do your own findings to confirm what your dad's pastors said. I will strongly advise you not to overlook what your Pman said because wetin elder see while sitting young man will not see it even climbing skyscraper.

My opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by SweetieConstie(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm.... This is quite complicated though! sad

OP, please, hold on lemme quickly call some of the elders in the house... grin

But if I were you, I would simply follow my heart... Shikena!!
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by peedeeasobie(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ask your dad if he married through prophecy!

The bible never said 'he that findeth through prophecy'...

Tell your dad an emphatic NO!

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Melahou(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Its complicated but if i where you i would follow my heart.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by tyson99(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Take heed!
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
prophesy my Round, black ass! sad

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by enshi(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
For you to still depend on your father for a choice of wife means you are not yet mature for marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by mayim(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
This one is tough, I hope you haven't told her yet, please do not. Try to explain to your dad what your convictions are. But all these prophesy tinz dey fear me o cry. But really, do dese things still happen? Pastor saying, don't marry this one, marry that one.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by enshi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

If its round and Black.. .. I could go the extra mile....
.. ... ... ... My spec. .. .. ...... .... .
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

Pictures of ur round black ass!

Am nat playing Esther! grin
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
peedeeasobie:
Ask your dad if he married through prophecy!

The bible never said 'he that findeth through prophecy'...

Tell your dad an emphatic NO!

Thanks for your input? I totally have your line of thought too, but what if it turns out to be true?
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by chocolateme(f): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sometimes we should reason with their reasons and check If there is something he seeing that you have not seen in those 3 years.
Things will work out ok?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by lytech1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
You just got a life problem!!!

Everything bad that comes afterward in the relationship will be like I DA KNOW

If you quit,everything that happen will be like THIS OLD FOOL PUSH ME iNTO THiS.

Advice: this is where your happiness lies,stay with her..

If its God will? Things will be fine
If other way round? Things won't work out.

Listening to peoples voice can be misleading..

Let the will of God be done

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
enshi:

If its round and Black.. .. I could go the extra mile.... .. ... ... ... My spec. .. .. ...... .... .
gringrin
years and years of squatting!grin
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
tyson99:
Take heed!

Thanks, i should just walk away? And start all over? We have come really far bro. we were friends for years before we started going out and officially we started going out 3 years ago.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Jarizod:
Pictures of ur round black ass!

Am nat playing Esther! grin

Lol. grin

go away Zod!

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

Stop advertising your ass damn it! cool

@OP...Just chill and seek a different pastors guidance.
People can be manipulative sometimes and that includes your close friends, family and loved ones.
Talk to her about it, perhaps there's something your dad discovered about her while he's using the pastor as a cover up.

It's a 3 year relationship dude...Something must have cropped up between her and your dad which you do not know about..
Trust me on this.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

gringrin

Guys, i appreciate you all but please do not derail this thread, it is not very fair.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lagosparty:

lol. haha! grin
I ain't ashamed of 'em bosoms!

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
free01:

Guys, i appreciate you all but please do not derail this thread, it is not very fair.

e ma binu! grin

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by donbenedict(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
What sort of stvpid prophesy is that?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lagosparty:

@OP...Just chill and seek a different pastors guidance.
People can be manipulative sometimes and that includes your close friends, family and loved ones.
Talk to her about it, perhaps there's something your dad discovered about her while he's using the pastor as a cover up.

It's a 3 year relationship dude...Something must have cropped up between her and your dad which you do not know about..
Trust me on this.

Hmm, that's really thoughtful, i am very close to my dad and i strongly believe he would have told me as it is, not try to cook up a cover up story. I will talk to him about that though. Thanks
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:
Lol. grin

go away Zod!
u'll show me one day cheesy
just me alone tho x of these hungry Vaseline niggas grin
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

lol. haha! grin

I ain't ashamed of 'em bosoms!

Wanna show me? wink
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by free01: 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
chocolateme:
Sometimes we should reason with their reasons and check If there is something he seeing that you have not seen in those 3 years.
Things will work out ok?

Many thanks for your comment and cares.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by enshi(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

gringrin

Just like my heavy chest et packs took same duration
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by mhizAnnie(f): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
My dear just pray over it that's my candid advice
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by mhizAnnie(f): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
My dear just pray over it that's my candid advice for u
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by paranorman(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Op you'd be a be fool if you seek a sooth-sayer or another 'man-of-God'...
F.o.o.lish people everywhere!

Are you not a Christian?
So, is God hiding from you? Do you need a phophet to guide you life? No!

Fast and pray by yourself. Let not a single soul know it, NOT even your girl. Ask God to reveal her to you, simple....
I mean fast, I mean like the fast your break with only fruits in the evening, at sun-down; 7 pm specifically. 7 days. You will not die.

Don't take this issue of marriage with levity, be serious. The pastor might be right, or wrong! Ask God to reveal her to you. Read the book of Daniel, Mark 4. Tell no one, and don't let people notice it.

When Nebuchadnezzar had a dream and wanted to kill all the magicians because they could not tell him what he dreamt about and its interpretation, Daniel saved them all when God reveal the secrets to him.. Key into verses that deals with revealing of secrets. Same with Mark 4. Secrets' verses.

Wake at 12 mid-night and pray for 30 mins/1 hr. You will get your answer before 7 days is over or just after it. I just hope you are true child of God, because if you're not, na hunger strike you just dey suffer yourself o. Stay away from every form of sin too.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by pacretus(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
free01:

Thanks for your input? I totally have your line of thought too, but what if it turns out to be true?
bro my advice is,don't take what your dad said for a play.

Fathers i know ain't that religious and do not easily believe pastors. but if your dad took the pastor serious,then it's not a small sONthing.

Marriage is a no joking matter.be carefull.
Many men have been destroyed by so called loving wife.
Re: My Dad Wants Me To End My Relationship Of 3 Yrs by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Estharfabian:

I thought you're albino undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Its Over But I Don't Want To Be The One To End It / Checkout This Couple Pose For A Picture At Public Pool - Isn't This Indecent? / You're Airforce1 Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.