Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311857 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2010
@ justwise, i calculated everything and its 2.4M but now i have in my account the sum of 2.6M. I hope that is not a problem ?, House, pls advice me on what to do if i'm still on the right track huh, cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Just wise - Thanks it is good to be back although admittedly I am still very busy and ma take time replying for now so thanks for your posting consistency. I enjoyed Christmas, but I worked almost throughout that period on my masters' assignments and replying to email enquiries for DegreeAngel. How was your break? What's new with you?

Bayonero:

@ell77 dis is Bayonero saw your comment tanks a lot so concernin d suspended school wat do u advice i should do cos am confused now am just putin everytin in God hand. Waitin 4 your reply.

Bayo, I honestly cannot answer that question for you. If you feel the school is just a victim of its leniency and will soon be removed from the list you can wait, but if you cannot wait or feel the school is not for you at all then try your best to speak to everyone you can until someone says yes. Remember the first person you get through to is often the lowest ranking in that department, beg or demand to speak to their supervisor, and then their supervisor and then theirs. If you are not able to get through to them I can assist you if you email me your details and authority to call on your behalf. I am based in London. Alternatively just apply for the visa, lose the visa application money when you are rejected and then ask them for your money back. It is likely that even then they might remove administration fees, speak to them about this before you apply for the visa.

oyewsmt:

@ justwise, i calculated everything and its 2.4M but now i have in my account the sum of 2.6M. I hope that is not a problem ?,  House, pls advice me on what to do if i'm still on the right track huh,  cheers

oyewsmt - Justwise has advised you correctly so you should apply with that in mind if you have held this full amount of money for at least 28 days. The money you have converted into pounds is roughly £10,000, though you should base your estimates on www.oanda.com exchange rates for the day you are ready to apply (the date of the bank account statement printout), which should be written on the statement with the conversion amount. I don't know your details but if you are choosing an institute in UK the money (the £10,000), should be the amount of maintenance fees and tuition fees not yet paid, as a general rule the only maintenance fees paid that UKBA really recognises are accommodation fees (more specifically those paid for halls of residence/ avoid paying for private accommodation and forget about using family accommodation as a means of escaping this:  unless perhaps it is your parent/legal guardian which is unlikely if you need a visa to enter UK). So if the £10,000 is what you have not paid then that is fine.

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2010
@ell77

Thanks ell77, happy to hear that u enjoyed ur xmas, mine was quiet, never left the house, the snow was there causing problems, so i stayed home watching repeat after repeat programs on tv, new yr the same, though sometimes it feels good to lazy around.hahaha,
Massive thank you for taking time out to respond to those emails, i can imagine how busy ur inbox will be. I know alot of pple here appreciate what u are doing. Those top tips u gave on student visa is pricelss, it will save pple alot of headaches.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ceekay(m): 1:09am On Jan 31, 2010
Please dear nairalanders answer me this question, and i hope to God its what i want to hear
I intend to study computer science in the uk this year and its a three year course
In order to procure my visa, would i present a bank account that shows just the school fees of my first year or of the three years
Thank you undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:51am On Jan 31, 2010
Ceekay:

Please dear nairalanders answer me this question, and i hope to God its what i want to hear
I intend to study computer science in the uk this year and its a three year course
In order to procure my visa, would i present a bank account that shows just the school fees of my first year or of the three years
Thank you undecided

Yes school fees PLUS maintenance money for a year too, inner london £7,200. Outside london £5,400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2010
@ell77 i got ur reply tanks a million i realy appreciate ur concern bt der is a little change, i called d skool and they said b4 d end of febuary dat it must have been resolved so i think i wil wait bt wat eva cums up i wil let u know . But am havin a littel problem i use to hav 2.3 million in my acct dat has completed d 28 days bt d money i needed is like 2million after calculatin d 5400+2340 wich is 7740. So i took 2hundred thousand frm d money to arrange 4 anoda alternative here back home . So i was wanderin since dey said they ar goin to resolve it can i print out my statement of acct wich is 2.1 million frm d original money dat was 2.3 million i hope it is not goin 2 affect since d money i need is 2million plz reply. Tanks and God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2010
[b]oyewsmt - Justwise has advised you correctly so you should apply with that in mind if you have held this full amount of money for at least 28 days. The money you have converted into pounds is roughly £10,000, though you should base your estimates on www.oanda.com exchange rates for the day you are ready to apply (the date of the bank account statement printout), which should be written on the statement with the conversion amount. I don't know your details but if you are choosing an institute in UK the money (the £10,000), should be the amount of maintenance fees and tuition fees not yet paid, as a general rule the only maintenance fees paid that UKBA really recognises are accommodation fees (more specifically those paid for halls of residence/ avoid paying for private accommodation and forget about using family accommodation as a means of escaping this:  unless perhaps it is your parent/legal guardian which is unlikely if you need a visa to enter UK). So if the £10,000 is what you have not paid then that is fine.[/b]

@Ell77, I appreciate your concern so much towards my issue because right now i'[m disturbed with alot of things which are private and i would not mind if you and Justwise can get back with me with your email addresses so as to discuss things more better. I'll be more than happy to read back from you guys asap. I really cares. Happy Sunday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2010
@oyewsmt

You are free to send me an email anytime, my email address is in my profile, i will reply as soon as i log on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Cnice: 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
hi any one in the house with good information can render a helping hand here,
I just submitted my application for tier 4 today in victoria island and I was told 10 working days, though that is for them I know it will be out before then,please how can I check the progress, and how can I call them if I need to do so, they did not give me any number,
please if u could help with a piece of advice I will appreciate.
just let me know what to do next and God will bless you all as He has always been doing,thank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tobiecxs(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Cnice, if you paid NGN400 for sms, they will send texts on the progress of your visa application, but you can still find out by going to www.ukvac-ng.com, then click 'Track your application', a pop-up appears, you have to provide your application reference number and birthday.
Don't be bothered about the 10days thing, mine was 15days, but the processed visa was in my hands in 4 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
@everi1 i summitted my visa application 2day @ V.I and they asked me to cum back in 10 days time plz which is d reference number i wil use to monitor my application. And i want everybody to wish me luck on my visa. Thank u and God bless u all 4 ur surport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Bayonero & tobiecxs, I wish both una best of luck and mother luck shall follow ya applications. Cheers and relax
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2010
@ell77 & justwise plz help me i dont know wich is d rèference numba i wil use to track my application cos i sumited my application on d 4 of feb 2010 and dey asked me 2 cum bak in ten working days and my school wil b resumin b4 den is it possible 2 cum out on the 12 of dis month being friday i want 2 know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
@ell77 & justwise plz help me i dont know wich is d rèference numba i wil use to track my application cos i sumited my application on d 4 of feb 2010 and dey asked me 2 cum bak in ten working days and my school wil b resumin b4 den is it possible 2 cum out on the 12 of dis month being friday i want 2 know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2010
Bayonero:

@ell77 & justwise plz help me i dont know wich is d rèference numba i wil use to track my application cos i sumited my application on d 4 of feb 2010 and dey asked me 2 come bak in ten working days and my school wil b resumin b4 den is it possible 2 come out on the 12 of dis month being friday i want 2 know.

Its quite posible that it will come out b4 10days, some pple get called after 5 working days or even less. Your reference number should be on the paper they gave u after submission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2010
Bayonero:

@ell77 & justwise plz help me i dont know wich is d rèference numba i wil use to track my application cos i sumited my application on d 4 of feb 2010 and dey asked me 2 come bak in ten working days and my school wil b resumin b4 den is it possible 2 come out on the 12 of dis month being friday i want 2 know.

Check for something like this IKAC/number/number/1 on the paper giving to you after you submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
Guess this thread is dedicated 2me. Av been active on Nairaland but on d auto section where I help ma brother 2trade cars. Anyway I already have my admission letters to resume in may but am awaiting ma visa letter as I'll be making payments soon by His grace. Pls guide me thru every single step n wen do I submit ma application. Do I go thru an agent n which is 100%
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2010
Sithanda:

Guess this thread is dedicated 2me. Av been active on Nairaland but on d auto section where I help ma brother 2trade cars. Anyway I already have my admission letters to resume in may but am awaiting ma visa letter as I'll be making payments soon by His grace. Pls guide me thru every single step n wen do I submit ma application. Do I go thru an agent n which is 100%

Going through an agent is waste of money and its NEVER 100%.
Which school is that that resumes in May? I only know of Sept and Jan intakes, no May intake here in the Uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2010
West london college n after a 2yr course proceeds to greenwich
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
Sithanda:

West london college n after a 2yr course proceeds to greenwich

All u need to do is to apply then pay the tuition fees(part or full fees) they will send u UNconditional admission letter or a number(cos very soon there will be no admission letter rather they will give u a number).

Because ur school is in london, u need to have £7200 + the remaining school fees(if u made part payment) in ur bank account for 28days untouched b4 applying for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
Is it my personal ac or sponsor's ac
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
What I can I do cos we can't afford dat much in an ac 4 a month is there any shortcut?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
Sithanda:

Is it my personal ac or sponsor's ac

Personal account is better though nothing wrong with sponsor's account as long as the sponsor is ur dady/mum/elder brother/sister. . .etc.

When it comes to tuition fees + maintenance money there is no shortcut cos u need that money dearly when u get here. All eyes are on foreign students now, all sorts of tight rules are coming in, any shortcut will backffired.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
Thanks a milla. God'll fix it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 11:48am On Feb 08, 2010
@ell77 & justwise, I have more than 2.4m in my account and i'm touching it but i don't touch it below 2.4m. Is it advicable for me to keep touching the money or i should stop. I hope to read back from you asap.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
oyewsmt:

@ell77 & justwise, I have more than 2.4m in my account and i'm touching it but i don't touch it below 2.4m. Is it advicable for me to keep touching the money or i should stop. I hope to read back from you asap.

It depend on the course u coming here to do and the city, if u are coming for Msc and ur Uni is in london then that money is not enough. Even outside london, many Msc courses here range from £8900 up + maintenance money. That N2.4m is about £10,000(depending on exchange rate)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
I want to come for Bsc and he fee is 2750 but i have paid half so i'm waiting my addmission package. What do u advice on that?
Another thing bothering ma mind is i'm reading through http://www.ukvac-ng.com/documents.aspx "In these cases, please send a good quality attested photocopy of the original. Please also make sure that you do not laminate the documents you submit in support of your visa application. Please do not include cash or travellers cheques with your visa application", I have 2 of my to whoms laminated. Advice me on what to do, I see u are online, lets get to chat now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
@oyewsmt na which course n skul b dat less 3000 cox mine is 4950 n presently I no get cash 4 ac
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
Sithanda:

@oyewsmt na which course n skul b dat less 3000 cox mine is 4950 n presently I no get cash 4 ac

Its Straford or you go to South Chelsea. Mine is Bsc is that your 4950 Bsc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2010
Yeah it's d tuition is available but I no get money wey I go put for ac 4 visa application. Advise me cox I wan enter in may
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
oyewsmt:

I want to come for Bsc and he fee is 2750 but i have paid half so i'm waiting my addmission package. What do u advice on that?
Another thing bothering ma mind is i'm reading through http://www.ukvac-ng.com/documents.aspx "In these cases, please send a good quality attested photocopy of the original. Please also make sure that you do not laminate the documents you submit in support of your visa application. Please do not include cash or travellers cheques with your visa application", I have 2 of my to whoms laminated. Advice me on what to do, I see u are online, lets get to chat now.

Please tell me this. .is the £2750 part payment or the whole school fees? Do u mean Straford college or university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
Straford college is what i mean and u can check it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.