Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312241 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ justwise, i just want to ask u something relating to USA, i am currently in Uk doin a masters degree, I intend to visit my aunt in the USA for the easter holidays. I would like to know if i culd apply for a US visitors visa from here or go bak to nigeria to apply.
thnks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
luizworld:

@ justwise, i just want to ask u something relating to USA, i am currently in Uk doin a masters degree, I intend to visit my aunt in the USA for the easter holidays. I would like to know if i culd apply for a US visitors visa from here or go bak to nigeria to apply.
thnks bro

Not at all, u don't need to go back to Nigeria, just get a letter from ur uni here and ur bank statement, check if they require insurance too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
@justwise, thanks bro, The IV letter from my aunt shld be there too right.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
luizworld:

@justwise, thanks bro, The IV letter from my aunt shld be there too right.

Yes it should be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxes2005(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
guygude,

please where did u hear that
from and I dont fink it can ever be
possible cos of dia law.

I mean if u av studied with english
4 d past 12 yrs so u r gud to go i guess

SHALOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Cnice: 1:45am On Feb 19, 2010
Prays the Lord, Halleluya!!!!!!!!!, I got my VISA yesterday after replying, I sent them a mail also and I got it yesterday, thanks to God and NL expecially Justwise, will see more of u in chat over there, am very happy, not easy but successful at the end.

cheers all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 7:09am On Feb 19, 2010
@ell77 and justwise and evrybody.
I have laminated my degree certificates. is it true dat the high commission will not accept it. Pls help me urgently so i no wot to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by opeolatoye: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2010
Thanks to y'all for all this information. I am about applying for a UK student Visa for my ACCA/MBA and I have found this a lot helpful. Although, I am still waiting for my Visa letter/CAS number, I still need to clarify this issues although I am to resume Sept.

1) Must the maintenance fee/tuition fee be in my account during the application period after the 28 days or the money cant be withdrawn immediately I print the bank statement??

2) If I apply today, in how many days will they get back to me? Also, I heard dat I only need to apply, that there wont be interview, is this true

Please house, I will appreciate a reply, Thnks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
gtrings:

@ell77 and justwise and evrybody.
I have laminated my degree certificates. is it true dat the high commission will not accept it. Pls help me urgently so i no wot to do.

No its not a good idea, make a photocopy of the original quick to avoid any disappointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
Cnice:

Prays the Lord, Halleluya!!!!!!!!!, I got my VISA yesterday after replying, I sent them a mail also and I got it yesterday, thanks to God and NL expecially Justwise, will see more of u in chat over there, am very happy, not easy but successful at the end.

cheers all.

Awwww. . i'm happy for u, u did it and u should be proud of urself. Congrat and the very best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
opeolatoye:

Thanks to y'all for all this information. I am about applying for a UK student Visa for my ACCA/MBA and I have found this a lot helpful. Although, I am still waiting for my Visa letter/CAS number, I still need to clarify this issues although I am to resume Sept.
1) Must the maintenance fee/tuition fee be in my account during the application period after the 28 days or the money cant be withdrawn immediately I print the bank statement??
2) If I apply today, in how many days will they get back to me? Also, I heard dat I only need to apply, that there wont be interview, is this true
Please house, I will appreciate a reply, Thnks

Don't withdraw the money untill u get ur visa, they may have to call ur bank for some questions, to be at the safer side leave the money there.

It takes about 10days, sometimes even less.

They will not call u for an interview if there is nothing suspicious about ur application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by opeolatoye: 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2010
Don't withdraw the money untill u get your visa, they may have to call your bank for some questions, to be at the safer side leave the money there.

It takes about 10days, sometimes even less.

They will not call u for an interview if there is nothing suspicious about your application.

Justwise, thnks so muchhhhh,  But am i going to submit originals of my credentials or wat, sorry for all these questions, this is d first time am doing this, Also, most of my original credentials are laminated,  hope dis does not discredit me, thnks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2010
Thanks justwise. But the form states i must submit the original and photocopies will not be entertained. My friend submitted his and got his Visa last year. Dont U think I should accompany it with a letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2010
gtrings:

Thanks justwise. But the form states i must submit the original and photocopies will not be entertained. My friend submitted his and got his Visa last year. Dont U think I should accompany it with a letter.

Then that is a straight forward issue, since the form 'stated' original copy then do that, they will return the original copy to u and make a photocopy for themselves.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2010
opeolatoye:

[color=#006600][/color]

Justwise, thnks so muchhhhh, But am i going to submit originals of my credentials or wat, sorry for all these questions, this is d first time am doing this, Also, most of my original credentials are laminated, hope dis does not discredit me, thnks so much

Submit the original copy, it will be returned to u even if they did not u can request for it. Since some of them are laminated and u can't do anything about it then write a little note to explain that to them(just 2-3 lines). Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
@justwise.

What I mean is the Original certificate is Laminated and the form says i must submit the Original Certificate.
But the Uk visa site says they dont collect laminated documents.

I thank U for ur answers Pls just help me lastly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
gtrings:

@justwise.

What I mean is the Original certificate is Laminated and the form says i must submit the Original Certificate.
But the Uk visa site says they dont collect laminated documents.

I thank U for your answers Pls just help me lastly

When is ur course starting? If u can get the original copies from the school u graduted from then good since there is an issue about laminated copy.
Go to the school that issued those certificates and see if u can get another original copy, i know u will be asked to pay, but its better than been refuseda visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
march 1st but i can defer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
@justwise.

I have contacte the school and they will send me a "to whom it a concern" by email on monday. how about that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
gtrings:

@justwise.

I have contacte the school and they will send me a "to whom it a concern" by email on monday. how about that

If i were u, i will visit the school and get the original copy, i hope BHC will accept "to whom it a concern" since u can defer its better to do things right and have rest of mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxes2005(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
gtrings:

@justwise.

The money you will spend to get anoda
original cert wnt be dat much compare to
wat u av spent so far.

I fink d pain u'l fee if u pay twice for one fing
will nt be dat much compared to d pain you'll
feel if u are refused.

Kinda go to the school and get a new original
one and pay dem money. At most it cant be 5k,

SHALOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2010
@justwise and Sussexwise. thanks Very much. I called the VFS Helpline to ask on wot to do. They tolds me to write a letter. My degree is from India. And Ucan't be given a degree twice in any school unless U have lost ur degree. Though my degree can be Verified on the Internet and i have my complete statement of result. Wot i was told by the VFS is write a letter explaining this to the british high commission and include all other documents to back it up. Pls can some help me with a format for such a letter. I have deferred my admission to october.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxes2005(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2010
gtrings:

@justwise and Sussexwise. thanks Very much. I called the VFS Helpline to ask on wot to do. They tolds me to write a letter. My degree is from India. And Ucan't be given a degree twice in any school unless U have lost your degree. Though my degree can be Verified on the Internet and i have my complete statement of result. Wot i was told by the VFS is write a letter explaining this to the british high commission and include all other documents to back it up. Pls can some help me with a format for such a letter. I have deferred my admission to october.

Alright bro.

Anyways, the type of letter should be a direct one and
dont use too much big english, LOL

Dnt forget to include all what you were told when you
called and also include it in your paper that you contacted
BDHC and they were the one that advised you on that.

I will love if you can e-mail them and let them reply you
with the information they gave you on phone, i fink with this,
you can print out the e-mail correspondence, write a short note
to support it.

God is on your side.

SHALOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gtrings: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2010
thanks guy. I contacted VFS not BDHC and I told them i have my statement of result (which arent laminated) and that my degree can be verified online and i was told to include all of this in my letter. Though i have sent a mail since friday to get concrete info.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2010
gtrings:

thanks guy. I contacted VFS not BDHC and I told them i have my statement of result (which arent laminated) and that my degree can be verified online and i was told to include all of this in my letter. Though i have sent a mail since friday to get concrete info.

Yes u did the right thing by contacting VFS, adress the letter to consulate officer, tell him that u just realised that laminated document is not accepted but that u have statement of result which can be verified online(give him brief direction on how to verify it)

Explain to him why u can't get the original copy, don't 4get to mention that u contacted VFS and what they told u.
Keep it simple and short. Hope he sees it from ur own point of view. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2010
Can anyone update me with the list of cheapest colleges or uni in UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2010
monixl:

Can anyone update me with the list of cheapest colleges or uni in UK

What is ur budget ? 1st degree or Msc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2010
1st degree or HNC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by az01(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2010
Hi 2 everyone in the house, i thank u very much for d precious info u kip giving uk visa applicants here, more grease 2 ur elbow, i wil just lik 2 tel u dat my uk student visa has just bin issued last week infact it was lik a miracle coz i applied on d 10 of dis month and it was issued on d 11 of dis month but i got it 4 dayz after, after lotz of challenges i thank god o, thou av not travelled,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
az01:

Hi 2 everyone in the house, i thank u very much for d precious info u kip giving uk visa applicants here, more grease 2 your elbow, i wil just lik 2 tel u dat my uk student visa has just bin issued last week infact it was lik a miracle coz i applied on d 10 of dis month and it was issued on d 11 of dis month but i got it 4 dayz after, after lotz of challenges i thank god o, thou av not travelled,

Congrat and good luck with ur studies here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2010
monixl:

1st degree or HNC

The school fees for many courses lasting for a yr here is from £7000, HND is a yr course, for 1st degree, u pay yearly but i will check some registered colleges here to give u more info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
@ justwise , Thanx, plz keep me updated , i want to apply for my cousin in nigeria to come here, i was thinkin i could get a college btw £2000 - £3000

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.