Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312226 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2011
justwise:

Since you made the deposit after the 28days you can go ahead and apply, don't keep the money in that account for more than a month else you have to start afresh again.
Thanks a lot bro, u are too much!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Alexis83: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
Hi I'm about to apply for my visa. Just received my cas and school starts 12th January. I wanted to know if there is really a fast vfs service that's called VIP. I have paid 4000pounds to the school and my moms statement of ac is 2.5m naira. I was thinking of paying more money to the school so the statement can be more valid with their rules. Pls I need advice on the right steps I should take. Pls it's urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
Alexis83:

Hi I'm about to apply for my visa. Just received my cas and school starts 12th January. I wanted to know if there is really a fast vfs service that's called VIP. I have paid 4000pounds to the school and my moms statement of ac is 2.5m naira. I was thinking of paying more money to the school so the statement can be more valid with their rules. Pls I need advice on the right steps I should take. Pls it's urgent.

How much is the total school fees and where in the UK is your school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Alexis83: 12:20am On Dec 08, 2011
University of buckingham and it's 12000 for a masters degree. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Alexis83: 12:34am On Dec 08, 2011
Alexis83:

New here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:20am On Dec 08, 2011
Alexis83:

University of buckingham and it's 12000 for a masters degree. Thanks.

The 2.5m will not be enough for the remaining fees and maintenance fees, you need to have about N3,378.99 kept in your account for 28days.

You can pay more money to the uni and get a new CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Alexis83: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2011
justwise:

The 2.5m will not be enough for the remaining fees and maintenance fees, you need to have about N3,378.99 kept in your account for 28days.

You can pay more money to the uni and get a new CAS.
if I do this by next week Wednesday do u think it will be too late to apply for the visa in time for school on the 12th of January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2011
Alexis83:

if I do this by next week Wednesday do u think it will be too late to apply for the visa in time for school on the 12th of January

Make the payment and ask your school for 2wks extension, but if you have all the money in ur account now then there is no need making the payment, just go ahead and apply for the visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2011
@justwise
am unable to submit my application as planned this week, the school i applied conducted an interview(skype) for me on thursday and also requested i update my bank account statement. Though i have already done that so hopefully i should be able to submit on monday or tuesday.
and one more thing i will want you to put me through; in the personal details form, what point is to be stated for English?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
sean001:

@justwise
am unable to submit my application as planned this week, the school i applied conducted an interview(skype) for me on thursday and also requested i update my bank account statement. Though i have already done that so hopefully i should be able to submit on monday or tuesday.
and one more thing i will want you to put me through; in the personal details form, what point is to be stated for English?

Update ur bank statement? Why?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2011
justwise:

Update your bank statement? Why?
They said it should not be more than 21 days(their own policy).highly ridiculous.they said I have to do so before they can issue the CAS.I don't really understand their ways of doing things,conducting a second interview after the payment of the course fee! I just hope everything will be sorted by monday.
What point is to be stated for english?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
sean001:

They said it should not be more than 21 days(their own policy).highly ridiculous.they said I have to do so before they can issue the CAS.I don't really understand their ways of doing things,conducting a second interview after the payment of the course fee! I just hope everything will be sorted by monday.
What point is to be stated for english?

Which school is that?. .if you don't mind me asking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
justwise:

Which school is that?. .if you don't mind me asking
The london college UCK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
sean001:

The london college UCK

Just London College? Or London College of. . . .? I can't see any registered school called London College, there are London College of. bla bla bla. .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2011
justwise:

Just London College? Or London College of. . . .? I can't see any registered school called London College, there are London College of. bla bla bla. .
Not london college, it Is "The london college" check page 124 of 145 of the new register of sponsors.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
sean001:

Not london college, it Is "The london college" check page 124 of 145 of the new register of sponsors.

Ok i have seen it, but i got no clue why you were asked to upgrade your bank statement and the 21days thing. It sounds strange to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
justwise:

Ok i have seen it, but i got no clue why you were asked to upgrade your bank statement and the 21days thing. It sounds strange to me.
Well I think they are just trying to follow the policy to standard,possibly to have enough time in case there is any delay,they shouldn't be asking for bank statement in the first instance but it is part of their requirements. Anyway i have already made another deposit of 5pounds to update the statement so hopefully I should be set by monday.pls what about the point for English?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
sean001:

Well I think they are just trying to follow the policy to standard,possibly to have enough time in case there is any delay,they shouldn't be asking for bank statement in the first instance but it is part of their requirements. Anyway i have already made another deposit of 5pounds to update the statement so hopefully I should be set by monday.pls what about the point for English?

If you have taken English language test then put the score in the space provided on the form. Your school should tell you if u need to take an English language test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2011
justwise:

If you have taken English language test then put the score in the space provided on the form. Your school should tell you if u need to take an English language test.
Ok.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lanrewajew(m): 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
Hi Justwise, pls I need to know if it is necessary for me to write an english test for my admission into London School of Commerce. If necessary, kindly suggest exams that I can take with no delay in results; and materials I can get to prepare myself for the exam. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
lanrewajew:

Hi Justwise, pls I need to know if it is necessary for me to write an english test for my admission into London School of Commerce. If necessary, kindly suggest exams that I can take with no delay in results; and materials I can get to prepare myself for the exam. Thanks

Your course requirements will state whether you need to write English language test or not, if in doubt then email your school they will give you all the details, or check your school website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ChineduXXY: 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hello Justwise/Omo_Tier1, Please I would like to know if there is any way that I can use my sister or brother's account for my tier4 VISA. I already have my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
ChineduXXY:

Hello Justwise/Omo_Tier1, Please I would like to know if there is any way that I can use my[b] sister or brother's account [/b]for my tier4 VISA. I already have my CAS.

Transfer the money into your account because you can't use their account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Sonye(f): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
May i please know if it is now compulsory to write the IELTS test before you can apply for a student visa in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sonye:

May i please know if it is now compulsory to write the IELTS test before you can apply for a student visa in the UK?

Your school will definitely tell you that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ChineduXXY: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
justwise:

Transfer the money into your account because you can't use their account.

Thank you I told them exactly the same thing. That is a real issue I am facing right now. They disagreed and said that they are going to use a Lawyer to present the case, attach the birth certificate of both me and my brother, including a picture showing us both, then he will write a letter, the lawyer will also write a letter. Then we will present all these with my brother's statement of account and his hand written letter.
What do you think about this procedure? I was told that the Lawyer has done it, or said he has done it times without number.
, and also, what do you think about putting the money in my parent's account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
ChineduXXY:

Thank you I told them exactly the same thing. That is a real issue I am facing right now. They disagreed and said that they are going to use a Lawyer to present the case, attach the birth certificate of both me and my brother, including a picture showing us both, then he will write a letter, the lawyer will also write a letter. Then we will present all these with my brother's statement of account and his hand written letter.
What do you think about this procedure? I was told that the Lawyer has done it, or said he has done it times without number.

They will only be wasting the money on the lawyer.

Yes putting the money in your mum or daddy's account for 28days will be a better option then attach your birth certificate to your visa application pack.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
ChineduXXY:

You will definitely get a refusal,no doubt about that.The money can only be in your account or your parent's account.the unfortunate part of it is that the lawyer won't tell you the truth purposely because of his personal interest. I also encountered the same problem and that was why I had to defer my admission till february.I got a letter from an immigration lawyer to back up my sister's statement of account but was rejected by my college. If I can be rejected by a college who needs my money what do you think will happen at the high commision that doesn't care at all? If only I had listened to Justwise's advise immediately I joined this forum I would have been in the UK by now.You don't have to waste your money and time,uk visa is one of the easiest to get provided you follow the laid down rules.In order to get more information,take your time and read all the pages in this forum and also the tier 4 policy guidance,you will get all what you need to make your application successful.If your brother really wants to help you,he should transfer the money into your account or if he his not giving you the benefit of doubt,he can transfer it to your parent's account,It is cheaper and safer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2011
sean001:

You will definitely get a refusal,no doubt about that.The money can only be in your account or your parent's account.the unfortunate part of it is that the lawyer won't tell you the truth purposely because of his personal interest. I also encountered the same problem and that was why I had to defer my admission till february.I got a letter from an immigration lawyer to back up my sister's statement of account but was rejected by my college. If I can be rejected by a college who needs my money what do you think will happen at the high commision that doesn't care at all? If only I had listened to Justwise's advise immediately I joined this forum I would have been in the UK by now.You don't have to waste your money and time,uk visa is one of the easiest to get provided you follow the laid down rules.In order to get more information,take your time and read all the pages in this forum and also the tier 4 policy guidance,you will get all what you need to make your application successful.If your brother really wants to help you,he should transfer the money into your account or if he his not giving you the benefit of doubt,he can transfer it to your parent's account,It is cheaper and safer.

That is the truth, the lawyer is fighting for his pocket.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.