Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312037 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2011
puyol001:

@justwise Please guys help me out! Which of the visa application forms should I download and fill, is it the vaf9-POINTS BASED SYSTEM FORM (VAF9 JULY 2011) PERSONAL DETAILS or only the vaf9- POINTS BASED SYSTEM APPENDIX 8 (JULY 2011) TIER 4 (GENERAL) STUDENT
SELF-ASSESSMENT.
Or should I download, fill and submit both forms? And, should it be printed in black and white or coloured. Also, will I need to submit a birth certificate even though I am using my own account? Please someone should help me out. Tanx

Use black and white pen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
And you have to download both the student self accessment and personal details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
Does anyone knw the GBP exchange rate?? Or where/how r u guys gonna take £ with you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
@justwise,
my friend was refused the tire 4 student visa under section 320 (7a). what should she do? cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

@justwise,
my friend was refused the tire 4 student visa under section 320 (7a). what should she do? cry
Did she submit any forged/fake document or made any false representation in her application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ JUSTWISE yes she did. bank statement. what should she do next
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

@ JUSTWISE yes she did. bank statement. what should she do next

Nothing. she has being given 10yrs ban from entry the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ justwise. i thought the 10 yrs ban was under 320(7b)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

@ justwise. i thought the 10 yrs ban was under 320(7b)

320 (7A) where false representations have been made or false documents have been submitted
(whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge),
or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

http://www.thomasmore.co.uk/ImageLibrary/Immigration%20Law%20Lecture.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
@justwise,
for some reason that page wont open on my system. can u just tell me what its about. a brief summary. no hope for her abi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

@justwise,
for some reason that page wont open on my system. can u just tell me what its about. a brief summary. no hope for her abi

That is just the case, i know some pple will encourage her to appeal but that will be waste of money and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2011
@justwise. thanks alot. lemme break the bad news to her then, so with the news rules in place im no longer eligible for the post study work visa cos i just startred my programme
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

@justwise. thanks alot. lemme break the bad news to her then, so with the news rules in place im no longer eligible for the post study work visa cos i just startred my programme

Sadly that is the case. Only those graduating b4 next April are eligible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
im not sure im willing to put myself through the wahala that my fellow nigerians are doing here all in the name of trying to get resident permit papers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2011
shellygirl:

im not sure im willing to put myself through the wahala that my fellow nigerians are doing here all in the name of trying to get resident permit papers

People do crazy stuff for sure and alot of pple still get deported and lost everything.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2011
Boy that sucks! No more post-study work. So no one can ever work right after school again? What if you actually have a proper job? Not roaming the streets like most people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2011
gbaby87:

Boy that sucks! No more post-study work. So no one can ever work right after school again? What if you actually have a proper job? Not roaming the streets like most people

How will u get a 'proper' job without work permit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2011
Getting a proper job= getting a job offer,and I'm not talking mopping flrs nd washing dishes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
gbaby87:

Getting a proper job= getting a job offer,and I'm not talking mopping flrs nd washing dishes

You can't get a 'proper' job with student visa cos u are only allowed to work part-time.

Well when u get here u will learn from experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2011
You still don't get what I'm saying.
Don't you know you can work parttime and then the person decides they want you fulltime? Or can't you apply for a fulltime job and you actually get it THEN go for a post-study visa? That's what I want to know, cos the actual problem is that most of these ppl stay and don't even HAVE a reason for staying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2011
gbaby87:

You still don't get what I'm saying.
Don't you know you can work parttime and then the person decides they want you fulltime? Or can't you apply for a fulltime job and you actually get it THEN go for a post-study visa? That's what I want to know, cos the actual problem is that most of these ppl stay and don't even HAVE a reason for staying.

You can not get a proper full time job as a foreign student with student visa, you can't ask for full time job when u don't have the right to work full time, foreign students are not eligible to apply for post-study-work permit from next April.

After ur graduation u can apply for a job but the company has to sponsor u and that is a tall order. . . u can read up on that. The message will become clearer to you when u get to the UK and get into job market.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 8:47am On Sep 08, 2011
@gbaby 87, why not apply for a PTA from your bank, you will get it at the bank rate instead of the black market rate. How far with your visa? Are they still waiting for you? lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2011
t. Or u apply for a fulltime, AFTER school, they say you've got it, pending all the legal stuff, so my question is simple. Can you WITHOUT a doubt NOT be able to work? Or there is a way? If say tescos wants to give a FT job as manager(and they knw I'm foreign etc) question is can I NOT apply to be able to stay and work. Simple.
@ ssi, pta is too small I want to take accommodation fees with me. I haven't actually checked o! For all I know I didn't get it and I'm here making plans. I'll go for it today sha, pray for me!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
PIOUSON, BIG PHILL, NOLOGY, BATUSAI, any news at all? I guess from the look of things, none of us has reached the 20day mark as people have suggested but i went ahead to mail the enquiry desk yesterday and no one has responded.

i guess we are the only ones left awaiting. My application is 16 working days old today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
gbaby87:

t. Or u apply for a fulltime, AFTER school, they say you've got it, pending all the legal stuff, so my question is simple. Can you WITHOUT a doubt NOT be able to work? Or there is a way? If say tescos wants to give a FT job as manager(and they knw I'm foreign etc) question is can I NOT apply to be able to stay and work. Simple.
@ ssi, pta is too small I want to take accommodation fees with me. I haven't actually checked o! For all I know I didn't get it and I'm here making plans. I'll go for it today sha, pray for me!!

You will get answers to ur 'simple' questions when you get here. Lets not stretch it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
@gbaby av u gone to collect ur package frm VFS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
@justwise, imagination!!! You don't even know if I don't actually know someone there who'll give me a job. My problem is not 'there' my problem is 'here'. Are you tryin to tell me you can't imagine that its possible for someone to be hired against all odds?? All I want to know is, is there a way to work after studying?! SIMPLE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
gbaby87:

@justwise, imagination!!! You don't even know if I don't actually know someone there who'll give me a job. My problem is not 'there' my problem is 'here'. Are you tryin to tell me you can't imagine that its possible for someone to be hired against all odds?? All I want to know is, is there a way to work after studying?! SIMPLE.

Yes you can be hired against all odds but i'm talking about reality here and not about miracle. Getting a job after graduation as a foreign student is hard, even if your daddy wants to employ you. . he has to proof that there is no British or EU job seeker who can do the job THEN b4 considering ur application.

If ur talent or skill is rare then getting a job will be easier for u. Because of this new rule that were brought in this yr, many companies are discouraged from employing non-EU workers even as many prefer non-EU workers to EU ones.

I don't think u will get it until you arrive here and learn from experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
@All, I called d BHC office today asking dem about dis our Tier 4(general student) visa application processing stuff nd how long it takes them to process it.

The woman that answered me said they are trying their best to process and verify d documents.
She said the number of days a Tier 4 student application processing will take may be longer than d 15 working days expected.

Nd that what determines the number of working days it takes is the verification and the number of applications they have to process, nd this verification is based on individual documents, that is why some people get their visa earlier than others that submitted before them.

She also said as of today (8th of Sept. 2011), lemme quote her "as of today for d tier 4(general student visa), we are currently working on those that applied on the 16th of August".

So there is no cause for alarm. We all just have to continue waiting nd praying dat God will make dem to give us d visa & also issue us d visa in due time.
Patience is the key, hope this helps to reduce d tension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
@justwise, so basically it can be done, you, for some jaded reason don't think so. Getting a job is not as hard as you think and I'll prove it to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
Just picked up my visa y'all! They had it on a silver platter waiting for me with 'madam we are sorry for wasting your time' on a card. Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
@gbaby87, congrats, lol , ( sorry madam for the delay). Which school are you going to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.