Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312036 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ Teamo. That s really a miracle. Do u know if the person had been to UK before. I hope mine will come out like that too. I have finally submitted my application today @ d Abuja office. Prayer mode activated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
Big Phil:

@skii and justwise,
When I read your message I knew it was serious business and that is a question to be asked because it is the reason for going thru this visa application stress. Justwise I am of the opinion that you make this whole explanation so that we don't lose focus on d reason for UK postgrad with part time job and other hustle.

A friend who applied on d 9th Aug is in the air now abroad Virgin air and is with cash of 1260GBP, 46kg free load and a hand bag, He took of 10.20am to LHR. Those who applied btw 15th Aug-19 Aug be expectant next week for Good news.

@Te amo, How is dat possible seems its a miracle.
alaki:

@ Teamo. That s really a miracle. Do u know if the person had been to UK before. I hope mine will come out like that too. I have finally submitted my application today @ d Abuja office. Prayer mode activated

I could not believe it myself wen i saw it and no,he has not been der b4 and even if u've been der i dn't tink it works day way.
After checking ukba website,dey wrote 1% of it ever happening within 5 working days.

I just submitted mine too,last week Monday n he submitted his on Thursday and he has gotten his own while i'm still waiting for mine.

All i know is that,IT IS WELL,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sanol: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
i apply on the 25th of August i ve not hear any thing from them, pls i need help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BigPhil1: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2011
sanol:

i apply on the 25th of August i ve not hear any thing from them, pls i need help

Sanol you don't need to worry as long as u submitted original documents. Latest 22nd of September 2011 you should be getting a reply. 18days exclude weekends and public holidays. Mit is well jare
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2011
sanol:

25th of August n ur already complaining. I know how it feels my brother but d tin is dat a frnd of mine applied 19th of August n he has not heard any tin 2.

So ur own na small thing. I applied 29th of August and by God's grace 19th-21th of dis month i know der will b good news.

Don't stress urself 2 much jare just pray dat der will b divine intervention from watever God u serve just lyk my frnd.

I've already started packing my bags cos i must get der b4 26th unless my course will b deferred to next yr September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sanol: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
thanks,
Big Phil:

Sanol you don't need to worry as long as u submitted original documents. Latest 22nd of September 2011 you should be getting a reply. 18days exclude weekends and public holidays. Mit is well jare
\

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Te-amo I am quite sure your friend used an agent for his/her visa application, most likely PFL. Confirm from your friend and let those with late application know if it will help their cases.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
@gbaby87 congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
@princedm, seriously assuming he used one i would have gone to meet d agent since i saw his visa but dis guy did not use anybody @ all.

I was even among d group of frnds dat directed him on how 2 fill d form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2011
Thanks guys! Hope y'all get yours too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 2:13am On Sep 10, 2011
@ te meo,am sure ur skool gives extension after the resumption date and pls can someone share more light on dis pfl agent tin,how long will d visa come out if one goes thru them,
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2011
@JUSTWISE I've still not gotten this clear,
If I am required to keep d £5,200 as evidence of maintenance fund in my account, nd d
exchange rate used in accessing the money in my account is 1GBP = 260 Naira, which
makes the £5,200 = 1,352,000 naira. And I showed that I had £5,400 = 1,404,000 Naira
in my account during d 28days stuff, nd after I lodged my visa application I withdrew
below the £5,400 = 1,404,000 naira I showed in my bank statement but not below the
maintenance fund £5,200 = 1,352,000 naira, will it have a negative effect when my
bank statement is been verified by d ECO?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2011
nology:

@JUSTWISE I've still not gotten this clear,

If I am required to keep d £5,200 as evidence of maintenance fund in my account, nd d exchange rate used in accessing the money in my account is 1GBP = 260 Naira, which makes the £5,200 = 1,352,000 naira. And I showed that I had £5,400 = 1,404,000 Naira in my account during d 28days stuff, nd after I lodged my visa application I withdrew below the £5,400 = 1,404,000 naira I showed in my bank statement but not below the maintenance fund £5,200 = 1,352,000 naira, will it have a negative effect when my bank statement is been verified by d ECO?

Forget about the exchange rate or anything else, if you are required to have £5200 and after you submitted ur application u went on to withdrew below that £5200 then IF the embassy finds out ur visa will be refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2011
@Carfreak; Seems both of us are in same situation. The BHC said on monday, yet the status has not changed. Which of the centres did u submit ur application? I Could not sleep well yesterday.

@Justwise: Pls do not mind my question! Ordinarity, if one's application has any imperfection prior/before the verification stage, will they still go ahead with the verification stage or will discontinue with the verification and make decision on the basis of the imperfections noticed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2011
Forget about the exchange rate or anything else, if you are required to have £5200 and after
you submitted your application u went on to withdrew below that £5200 then IF the embassy
finds out your visa will be refused.
Since I've been withdrawing it has not gone below 1,410,000 naira, nd I am required to show dat I have £5,200. Is it okay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2011
Hey Guys,

Yeah Bokoram, we are and i applied at the Lekki office. You may want to read this story below but for me, i'm done worrying. Qui sera, sera.

Its a sober morning after for me but what i have to share may help someone so hear goes. I'll try to be brief bt its quite a story.

A friend was to apply for his visa as early as July 1 but couldnt because his school had not issued his CAS. Their reason,we dont know bt i guess they were trying to ensure enough students for the course before issuing a CAS to him. Please note that this friend had paid the full tuition of £8500. Eventually, he was notified sometime in August that the course would no longer be offered for sept 2011 and my friend promptly requested for his money to pay his second choice school, whom he immediately contacted and was informed that his place was still open upon paying a deposit of £2500, subsequently leading to a CAS being issued to him.

Without waiting for the funds to arrive, his father immediately paid the full tuition to staffordshire. Of course with our usual transfer delays,the funds got to the school on friday, august 12, which in fairness to them, a CAS was issued to my friend on Aug 15. So while i applied on Aug 15, he immediately printed his CAS and proceeded to Abuja on Aug 16 to apply from his base in Ilorin. He got to Abuja at abt 2pm and was quick enough to still submit his application before they closed on the 16th.   of course he received an sms same day, saying his application had been forwarded.

Now here's the catch. Staffordshire informed him that though the course starts on sept 27th, he would nonetheless have to resume LATEST sept 7th as he MUST attend the 3 week pre-master's course hence his latest resumption date on his CAS was sept 7th. We were both sure that he would get his visa before that day[b] (Aug 16 - Sept 7) exactly 15 working days if u count the public holls.[/b]

Surprisingly, we did not get to hear from VFS and following nology's post, i asked him to call the consulate after i had called and when he did, he was told the same thing we were all told. Get ur passport on monday. However, he called me at about noon yday, that he had received the sms and was heading to pick up his passport, only to get the news that he had been denied. My pain, the ECO denied him on SEPT 7, stating that as there was no extension as of that date, the CAS was therefore invalid. can u beat that? trully as of that date, the CAS was invalid but for the love of God, was this guy's application just getting to the ECO on SEPT 7? what happened between Aug 16 and Sept 7?  This is absolutely bizarre and speaks of gross incompetence if u ask me.

Suspecting foul play as an ex-banker, i went to my office and asked my guys in my Audit unit if they had received any request from the British High Commission seeking confirmation of my statement of account and he they said NO. i even went  directly to the officer on that desk who is a personal friend and he said no such request had come on my behalf. So whats going on here because i'm supposed to be picking my passport on Monday and my Bank says !!!!!

There are so many pointers from this plot for everyone to pick whichever concerns him/her but i guess what i'm saying is, if you have less than 30 working days to resume, save your money and defer to the next semester otherwise, you will be refused on a stupid technicality not even your own fault.  Justwise and others, what do u think?

see ya guys and good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2011
Carfreak: I saw ur post, its very sympathetic. Had a take away from your post/story.
I think this whole stuffs(VISAS & any thing generally in life) requires the Mercy and Favour of God.
The word of God says"its not he that willeth and runneth but He that showeth Mercy" It is well!

In my end, this your story looks even more considerable when compared to my my case (VISA APLLICATION). Cant even think of telling it to the house becos its incredible. Humanly speaking, its not posible. Guys, na God. Though its not easy challenging God. But i did in my case. Am believing in him. Come this Monday, will be at the centre to pik the stuff.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
What a pathetic story! :O @carfreak I don't believe your branch will know when they r verifying your account. They can easily ask the nearest branch to them or d bank's headquarters to get your account information. Like in @dellman's case they have already verified his account before his Bank called him. For me I'm already discussing with my school for an extension, my latest start date is 3rd October. I believe you will get a positive result when u get there on Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
@all. I'm suspecting that their messaging/alert system is faulty and not prompt. Soon as I wait up to 10 working days. I will just call them directly #shikena
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
I find that nigerians like to blame and leave too much to God. Do your part and he will do His. You think the ECO is not also praying that he catches you?? I'm sorry bout your friend, but dude was leaving too much to chance, the fact that he didn't even know he had to do pre-masters, no comment. Like I said know what you're about, and nobody can tell u nonsense
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sanol: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2011
i submitted my bank statement showing my 28days of my fund but the bank printed for 6month from march to august. pls is that ok or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
Sorry guys but do Nigerians require a Tuberculosis certificate or any of such medical clearances before entering UK? thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
Yes, the ECO prays that he catches imperfections in ones application. But what am saying in this context is that, we (those still expecting their VISAS) need God's favour here. Did not recommend that ECO should not catch someone's aplic weakneses. My believe is that If he catches or sees any imperfection, the ECO has no option but to overlook it, then grant u VISA. This is my believe and faith.

My fellow guys who are still expecting responses, please lets keep praying to God for his Favour on our VISA applic. Whether your VISA appli was in good state wen it was made or not, we still need to pray this prayer. Nobody, even the devil can not stop us in Jesus Name.

Please note that my imperfection does not mean ( fake documents o). It could mean marginal/slight defferences on the balance in ur statement, Error in DOB, Error in Account number, account with less 28 days, those with legal guardian, mistakes in application, etc.

It is well! God is on the Throne.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
Good day just wise and others,pls can u guys share more light on this PFL agency and the time interval one get attain a visa using them because am yet to even apply,thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
@ Alaki, i used to work at the head office of my bank until Sept 1, 2011 where i resigned to take this course. Verification is only done at the Head office Audit Unit and if those guys said they didnt get any request, then they didnt. In fact, I used to confirm statements for the Australian High commission in my capacity then until the function was re-assigned. even with that, i used to still get requests from the commission until they were formally advised.

@Gbaby87, as much as i agree with you that we leave too many things to God and faith where we are supposed to do our bit, u dont get this. At which point did my friend leave anything to chance? Was he going to force his initial school to issue him a CAS? Of course he knew he had to do a pre-masters, thats the reason he immediately paid the full tuition fees and look at when he got the CAS and when he applied, he should score an A+ for that. Nope, i dont agree with u, the consulate messed this up, real bad!! This morning, some dude with a megaphone entered my street at 6:15am with a supposed preaching. Everybody was visibly upset yet no one wanted to talk because he "was doing God's work". Bro, i came to my balcony at issued him a warning that if he didnt leave the front of my house, i would not be responsible for my actions. The guy took off. Could he do that on Bourdillon, or VGC  before we even say abroad? Bt because its good ol Surulere, lawlessness is supreme and nothing can happen. We are just religious people but do not know God and i'm not one of such hypocrites.

So Bokoram, if your application was in a "bad state" or filled with technicalities that may affect a favourable decision for u, be assured that the ECO will find it because they also believe in God. Sorry about the way its coming but its the truth and thats where i stand.  Monday will tell.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by codedest: 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
First of all I thank God cos I got my visa on Thursday (10 Sept) which was surprising cos I applied on 1 Sept. This means it only took 4 working days as I actually got the sms notification on 9 Sept. I applied thru PFL (free promo) so naturally I thought that was why it was that quick. However, a couple of my friends who used PFL too and applied a good 2 weeks before I did are yet to get theirs. Meanwhile, a friend of mine got his notification on 9 Sept and we applied on the same day (he did not use an agent). I suspect there's a certain relationship b/w paying your fees in full and getting your sms real fast as everybody I know who got theirs real early had made full payments. That said, who's going to Bradford?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by codedest: 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
Oops! I got d visa on 8 Sept (thursday), sms notification on 7 Sept (wednesday) and I applied on 1 Sept. Still high from all the partying I guess grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
ts quite a wonderful news. I have noticed that they have cut down on the number of days that it normally takes. I hope mine will be same too @carfreak which school are u going to? Pls can we rub minds privately my yahoo is chezndy@yahoo.com pls send me your contact pin or yahoo messenger id. I will be waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2011
carfreak:

@Gbaby87, as much as i agree with you that we leave too many things to God and faith where we are supposed to do our bit, u dont get this. At which point did my friend leave anything to chance? Was he going to force his initial school to issue him a CAS? Of course he knew he had to do a pre-masters, thats the reason he immediately paid the full tuition fees and look at when he got the CAS and when he applied, he should score an A+ for that. Nope, i dont agree with u, the consulate messed this up, real bad!! This morning, some dude with a megaphone entered my street at 6:15am with a supposed preaching. Everybody was visibly upset yet no one wanted to talk because he "was doing God's work". Bro, i came to my balcony at issued him a warning that if he didnt leave the front of my house, i would not be responsible for my actions. The guy took off. Could he do that on Bourdillon, or VGC before we even say abroad? Bt because its good ol Surulere, lawlessness is supreme and nothing can happen. We are just religious people but do not know God and i'm not one of such hypocrites.

Yeah, but dont you think he was cutting it a bit too close? anything couldve have happened to cause a delay and i know that some people (in their minds) think that if the ECO sees the resumption date is close he will fastforward the process, beans! For all you know it didnt even get to his table till the day before sef! im not saying its his fault i'm just saying people 'assume' too much. Me myself i'm a victim of assuming. E.g. When i was applying my bank statement said 'Kemi' short for Folukemi (duhh right?) wrong!! i was advised to go and change the name to reflect my FULL name why? cos who's to say i didnt go and get someone elses documents. how many folukemi's are in lagos? when the guy explained all this to me, i swear it was like light in my head and as much as it pains me, i understand their logic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 7:14am On Sep 11, 2011
codedest:

First of all I thank God cos I got my visa on Thursday (10 Sept) which was surprising cos I applied on 1 Sept. This means it only took 4 working days as I actually got the sms notification on 9 Sept. I applied thru PFL (free promo) so naturally I thought that was why it was that quick. However, a couple of my friends who used PFL too and applied a good 2 weeks before I did are yet to get theirs. Meanwhile, a friend of mine got his notification on 9 Sept and we applied on the same day (he did not use an agent). [b]I suspect there's a certain relationship b/w paying your fees in full and getting your sms real fast as everybody I know who got theirs real early had made full payments.[/b]That said, who's going to Bradford?
Don't suspect oh, cos for me I paid my tuition fee in full (11,000 pounds) and also a deposit for my accommodation (200 pounds), nd since I applied on the 22nd of August I haven't received any sms(even on d day I submitted). Too bad!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 8:17am On Sep 11, 2011
Oga Carfreak; if this is a curse from you. I rebuke ur comments about my application in Jesus name. This will not be my portion. if u can nt wish me well or boost my spirit. Then do not give nagative comments abt my aplicatn. I beg u in d name of God. Dont be offended sha o. but dont just like dt comment of urs concerning my aplication. Wish u well. We shall congratulate our selfs tomorow by the grace of God. God bless u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2011
@codedest, guy talk true jare, who be the jazzman wey u go meet? That's quite a record and congrats!!!!

@ alaki, i dont have a BB cos i cant stand the way people use so i'm on a personal crusade against it. I'll e-mail u however and relay my details shortly. I'm actually headed for Swansea for an MBA

@Gbaby87, your example is just apt. That's actually all the ECO needs to deny ur application, on a very minute detail which is the small technicality i was trying to explain to Bokoram and u have his/her response. Good thing you quickly addressed it. Before i submitted my application, i filled my forms like 4 times before i got an error free application form filled.

@Bokoram, i'm happy u said "If, " because i do not curse people nor wish them ill. I can hardly bear to watch a thief being brutalised even though he was caught in the act so why should i curse u. This forum was meant to educate each and everyone of us and the only we can do this is to tell things the way they are. I wish u the best in your application but also do something. Try to read through all the posts from page 95 and see the number of people whose applications were denied cos of something really absurd but have gone back to re-apply. i believe one of them was now given his visa and Teamo is still very much around. I even applaud him/her as he/she actually pasted the denial notice.

i wont leave for the VFS office until about noon so as to give them enough time because the last time i checked online, that silly message was still there, "ur application has been, bla bla bla. But should u go first thing in the morning, u can jolly well fill us in.

astolavista,

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.