Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312053 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2011
@carfreak abi wetin be ur name? U lack manners and faith. Dnt badmouth pppl's applicatioon, dis thread is created 2 help ppl and boost der morale so if ur prayin 4 ur own refusal na ur lost be dat ok!
@ bokoram my brother it is well put ur faith in God, dis week wil be a favourable week 4 us insha Allah,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
@sux-xzmyn, you obviously have no idea what manners are hence i suggest you go find out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2011
@sux, I'm sorry but carfreak and whoever can say whatever. This thread was NOT created by your mommy, its nobody's duty to tell you what you want to hear, what they give u is honesty. If you've made a mistake, calling on faith and belief is typical(not saying that its impossible) but the lord helps those who help themselves. You will find no better group of ppl who wish you well than here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2011
i tire oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2011
@carfreak I got d email. I don reply am. Pls accept my add request on your messenger. @all what's up will everybody. Pls guys, *in Wyclef's voice* No Fighting ☺
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
Carfreak; please what do u suggest? Do we wait till we recieve their text tomorow before going to the centre? or Maybe we should wait till the status changes to "ready to pick up" what do u think? This guys should please respond to us ontime tomorrow o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2011
@gbaby87, Merci Bouque.

@ Alaki, sorry, have been out visiting and also had to dash to the hospital where my younger sister was admitted. no worries, she's better now, just the usual pregnant women stuff. I've accepted u and will be online as from 8am tomorrow. Chat with u then.

@Bokoram, honestly, i think we should again call the customer care line at about 10am to actually confirm if our passports have reached the respective VFS offices cos i dont know where u live, bt as for me, i wont consider it funny if i have to drive all the way from surulere to lekki through the crazy traffic only to be told its not there yet. Having done that for about 7yrs now, i'm kinda enjoying this brief recess from driving through traffic. in fact eh, i even prefer Okada these days. so thats my plan. what do u think? I'll be online as from 8am tomorrow so lets talk then. Night.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2011
carfreak; I just spoke to the customer care person at the BHC this monrning and she told me my Passport/application was dispatched on the 8th (last thursday) to my application centre yet my status has not changed at their tracking site. Neither have i gotten any sms. Honestly am confussed at this point.

Carfreak, Justwise and others; PLEASE ADVISE. Should i go to ikeja now or wait till i receive their sms?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2011
Wait for the online thing to chng. I nver (till this day) got a txt to come nd collect, but they sent me one that u had collected! Thieves
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BokoRam: 9:36am On Sep 12, 2011
gbaby87; Tanx 4 ur quick response. Just wondering that withing thursday to date, the status is still yet to change. do u ve an idea of y its happenin dt way. Pls pardon me for asking too much question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2011
BokoRam:

gbaby87; Tanx 4 your quick response. Just wondering that withing thursday to date, the status is still yet to change. do u ve an idea of y its happenin dt way. Pls pardon me for asking too much question.

Why not go to the center to see if its there? The online system can be updated all the time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2011
Called the BHC visa customer care line this morning as was told that my application had been processed and dispatched back to the collection centre (vfs ikeja) on the 7th which was this past wednesday. Though I didn't get any text neither did my online status change, I acted on the information gotten from BHC and went to vfs, to my suprise after waiting a few minutes I was told that " IT IS NOT YET READY".I applied on the 15th of August and till dis day I haven't heard anything. I sure hope it won't take 2 weeks for vfs to call me for collection. School starts this coming monday. But am still hanging around cause a friend who applied with me the same day called BHC and was told the same thing I was told, the only additional info he got was to wait till around 12pm today for a text from vfs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2011
I can confirm that those numbers on the BHC website are just there to fool you all. I have seen people who submitted in September and gotten visas and they are saying they are still treating Aug 22nd. The lady even told me i'm a liar even when I have set my eyes on the visas, seems to me they are uk vac reps and they just calculate based on date you submitted. When i called i was not even asked for any reference number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
Na im be sey Naija factor don dey enter am small small
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2011
10 working days n still counting 

26th September is my resumption date deadline unless I'm deferring  till next year.

I've already packed my bags n I'm GOOD TO GO with a very HIGH MORALE( well,only if i get my visa on time  grin grin)

It is well my people  wink wink wink wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
my God! the amount of money folks here pay for a masters degree! shocked
That's enough to start up a successful business here in nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2011
davidylan:

my God! the amount of money folks here pay for a masters degree! shocked
That's enough to start up a successful business here in nigeria.

That is true, just under 9months the £14,000 up to £16,000 is gone.

How many of us are ready to pay half of that for better facility and good education in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
Like I said. If so far your online account has been working then that's more reliable than one bored babe who you can't locate when you get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
justwise:

That is true, just under 9months the £14,000 up to £16,000 is gone.

How many of us are ready to pay half of that for better facility and good education in Nigeria?

shocked shocked shocked What type of jobs do you get that provides such a ROI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
ROI is only when u return home to Naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked What type of jobs do you get that provides such a ROI?

Its madness, actually if u are doing ur Msc in London, it will cost you nothing less than £17200 in 9-10 months, and you are not guaranteed a job anywhere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
justwise:

Its madness, actually if u are doing your Msc in London, it will cost you nothing less than £17200 in 9-10 months, and you are not guaranteed a job anywhere.

N4m? shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
davidylan:

N4m? shocked

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2011
justwise:

Yes

and i just read you cant even get a work visa after school neither can you bring your dependents anymore. So what's the point wasting all that cash? Why not try Canada or the US?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2011
davidylan:

and i just read you cant even get a work visa after school neither can you bring your dependents anymore. So what's the point wasting all that cash? Why not try Canada or the US?

Yes u can. Getting a job after graduation is tougher than it was 5 yrs ago and the global economic situation made things even harder.
Going to US will cost you the same if not more. Canada could be cheaper for Msc but more expensive for undergraduate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
justwise:

Yes u can. Getting a job after graduation is tougher than it was 5 yrs ago and the global economic situation made things even harder.
Going to US will cost you the same if not more. Canada could be cheaper for Msc but more expensive for undergraduate.

Canada is more expensive but for immigration purposes it is probably the best choice of the 3.
The US is about the same cost but depends on what program you are going for. A phd in the biomedical sciences for example is absolutely free and you are paid a monthly stipend enough to maintain an apt, car and still have enough for pocket money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
davidylan:

Canada is more expensive[b] but for immigration purposes it is probably the best choice of the 3[/b].
The US is about the same cost but depends on what program you are going for. A phd in the biomedical sciences for example is absolutely free and you are paid a monthly stipend enough to maintain an apt, car and still have enough for pocket money.

Have to agree with u on that, the rush for UK education will dy away gradually pretty soon with their tougher immigration policies. Politicains are scoring cheap political points with immigration and winning votes with it.

This is why many Nigerians doesn't like going back to Nigeria after graduation if the prospect of getting a job is very remote, they decide to stick it out rather.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 12:04am On Sep 13, 2011
princedm:

I can confirm that those numbers on the BHC website are just there to fool you all. I have seen people who submitted in September and gotten visas and they are saying they are still treating Aug 22nd. The lady even told me i'm a liar even when I have set my eyes on the visas, seems to me they are uk vac reps and they just calculate based on date you submitted. When i called i was not even asked for any reference number.
grin FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYY. WHEN DID U CALL THEM?, IS IT TRUE OR U ARE JUST JOKING?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2011
Forget about the exchange rate or anything else, if you are required to have £5200 and after
you submitted your application u went on to withdrew below that £5200 then IF the embassy
finds out your visa will be refused.
Since I've been withdrawing it has not gone below 1,410,000 naira, nd I am required to show dat I have £5,200. Is it okay?
@Justwise pls answer me. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 7:56am On Sep 13, 2011
Hey Guys,

I must first of all apologise to Alaki and bokoram for not coming up at 8am as planned.

Anyways, i was about to go chase my entitlements at my former office when and sms informed me that my application was ready for collection. I was just parking at my office and the security guard was so shocked because i just zoomed off to Lekki leaving him bewildered.

Long story short, i got my passport after waiting for one hour and didnt open it until i was in my office and whoa!!!! my visa was staring at me.

So thanks people and good luck to all. Funny thing though, i applied on Aug 15 yet my visa was dated sept 7. then, the only docs that were taken were my statement of account, copy of my former i.d card and my payslips.

Batusai, Bokoram, Big Phil and Nology, whats ur status?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2011
nology:

@Justwise pls answer me. Thanks

There is nothing i will say now that will change the situation, you have submitted already. Lets leave it and hope for the best outcome soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2011
Congrats @carfreak. Others bokoram and co. What's up with yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.