Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312050 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Pandora I thank God for U o! What a wonderful news after all u went through. UK awaits U
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
Gosh Congrats Pandora! When did you submit? ( I'm going to Uni. Cardiff)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ alaki, am tellin u. @sir-lipton I submitted got refused then d refusal got revoked came 2 abj submitted on thur n picked up today. Thanks Guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lanrewajew(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2011
@sir_lipton; i wish to start nxt yr, possibly January intake. @biloxy; i want 2 go for a Bachelors degree in any accounting related course. Is my diploma relevant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rabidvirus: 5:38am On Sep 21, 2011
Hello house, i wanna share me story with the house,i got my student visa in 7 working days. I applied on the 5th of sept and got a text to come for collection on the 15th of sept.I picked it up on the 20th, and i was successful.I wanna thank Justwise, u too much jare!!, wishing other applicants success, Strathclyde here i come!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:44am On Sep 21, 2011
pandora__:

Thank God got my visa today. Who's going to the Uni of Hull and leaving sat? Holla!!!

Congrat bro, enjoy ur time in Hull, you will be heading the same way with somebody going to Bradford University cos Hull is about an hr away from Bradford.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:44am On Sep 21, 2011
rabidvirus:

Hello house, i wanna share me story with the house,i got my student visa in 7 working days. I applied on the 5th of sept and got a text to come for collection on the 15th of sept.I picked it up on the 20th, and i was successful.I wanna thank Justwise, u too much jare!!, wishing other applicants success, Strathclyde here i come!!

Congrat, i'm happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2011
@justwise, thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2011
pandora__:

@justwise, thanks a bunch.

No worries, did u book ur connecting flight from heathrow to Leeds/Bradford airport or are u taking train from heathrow to Hull?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 7:53am On Sep 21, 2011
carfreak:

Guys,

Miss me, Well urs sincerely has been having a running battle trying to get paid before taking off. So i actually took gbaby87's agent and she's getting me a one way ticket to u know where via Emirates.I leave sat night. Its cheaper and i'm flying them for a change from Virgin.

Te-Amo, have a little faith, if u look at the calendar, there's only one working day left for applications to have been sent, which was the 26th because 29th was a bank holiday in the UK, 30th and 31st were public holidays in Nigeria. U may just get it.

This is what i advise u do, call your school. enough of this mail thing. Most times, if i send a mail and i dont get a response with 48hrs, i call. It creates a personal rapport and connotes seriousness. Call your school and speak with the international student officer asking for an extension. if they can, they should also send a mail to the consulate.

Again on Friday, call the call centre and see what they say. it aint over till the fat lady sings grin grin grin grin.

Dat was quite funny,thanks 4 ur advice i will surely buzz dem 2day

Sir_Lipton:

Lmaooo Te- Amo, they're not serious . my Friend submitted on the 8th of this month and got his on the 16th. He lives in Warri so he couldnt pick it up till Monday ( which was yesterday). And he got it. I put in my application exactly a week ago from today and I'm sure it's almost ready. My other friend went to the collection centre today and said it was almost empty, The number of applications are dropping so, calm down. You may just get it before the week runs out. All you need is faith.

@Sir_Lipton,thanks i really appreciate ur reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2011
@justwise, am going to manchester airport then would find my way. What do u thk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2011
pandora__:

@justwise, am going to manchester airport then would find my way. What do u thk?

Ok, Manchester to Hull is not that far depending on ur means of transport. You can take National express from Manchester airport to Hull or take train.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2011
@justwise, thanks 4 d info. Do the trains go straight to hull?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2011
pandora__:

@justwise, thanks 4 d info. Do the trains go straight to hull?

Yes, both train and coach goes straight to Hull, contact ur uni, they should be able to pick u up at train or Coach station
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2011
@justwise. Their arrival period was for 19th and 20th. After that, we wud have 2 find our way ourselves. Thanks anyway, wud find my way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2011
@SirLipton I submitted @ Abuja. Had earlier decided that if I wait after 10working days I will call them. Guess I will have to call them today. Congrats @rabidvirus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2011
pandora__:

@justwise. Their arrival period was for 19th and 20th. After that, we wud have 2 find our way ourselves. Thanks anyway, wud find my way

Oh ok, then u will be fine, every tax or bus driver knows the uni, and its not far from the station. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
This BHC people no de gree pick call o! Is that d same experience that u guys had with them? I have been calling them intermittently for 2hours now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
Whew

Finally my deadline has finally been moved to 3rd of October by d school authorities(and updated @ d embassy).

Thanks carfreak n sir_lipton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2011
grin

now isnt that better,

so any news from piouson? the dude just sort of faded.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 22, 2011
Hey everyone! This is an amazing thread, I wish I found this before I applied and make a complete cock up of the whole thing. Anyway I'm in a huge mess. I made many mistakes in my application but when I was given my notice of refusal, the letter was blank.Seriously. It had no reasons for refusal. It said and I quote: Insert here for reason 1. Confused.com. I'm clueless as to what to do now. Reapply or get an admin review? Or does anyone know whom I should contact to get some answers? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Also some clarification: I'm being sponsored for my MSc by my mum. The money she has though is enough for the maintenance and tuition BUT it is in two savings accounts. Must all our money be in ONE account? Also, I have my own money saved, can I include this? I would be exceedingly grateful if my queries are responded to urgently. My programme starts early October. Thanks!

Ps. Could @justwise and other gurus assist?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2011
Seymour:

Hey everyone! This is an amazing thread, I wish I found this before I applied and make a complete rooster up of the whole thing. Anyway I'm in a huge mess. I made many mistakes in my application but when I was given my notice of refusal, the letter was blank.Seriously. It had no reasons for refusal. It said and I quote: Insert here for reason 1. Confused.com. I'm clueless as to what to do now. Reapply or get an admin review? Or does anyone know whom I should contact to get some answers? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Also some clarification: I'm being sponsored for my MSc by my mum. The money she has though is enough for the maintenance and tuition BUT it is in two savings accounts. Must all our money be in ONE account? Also, I have my own money saved, can I include this? I would be exceedingly grateful if my queries are responded to urgently. My programme starts early October. Thanks!

Ps. Could @justwise and other gurus assist?
What are the mistakes u made? What documents did u submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 22, 2011
Thanks @justwise. Well, my mistakes were:
1. My CAS didn't reflect that I had paid my tuition fees. It showed only my deposit and the money I had in my accounts was only enough for maintenance.
2. I did not include the OANDA printout.
3. I indicated that I had money in my own account AND said I had money in my parents'. I'm not sure if this counts as a mistake though.
My errors were mainly money related. But I'm not sure how to proceed from this point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 22, 2011
I included my birth certificate, Cambridge O'Level (for English), University degree cert, my account statement, parent's account statement, sponsorship letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2011
Seymour:

Thanks @justwise. Well, my mistakes were:
1. My CAS didn't reflect that I had paid my tuition fees. It showed only my deposit and the money I had in my accounts was only enough for maintenance.
2. I did not include the OANDA printout.
3. I indicated that I had money in my own account AND said I had money in my parents'. I'm not sure if this counts as a mistake though.
My errors were mainly money related. But I'm not sure how to proceed from this point.

I do understand where u are coming from, you can still re-apply and be successful, but the sticking issue now is whether ur school will be able to give u an extension else u may have to settle for Jan or Feb admission season.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2011
justwise:

I do understand where u are coming from, you can still re-apply and be successful, but the sticking issue now is whether your school will be able to give u an extension else u may have to settle for Jan or Feb admission season.

my school (imperial) has a 2 week grace window, so if my reapplication goes through as quickly as the initial did, i'll be fine. i just dont want to make any more mistakes (and waste even more money.) so if i get a corrected cas and include the exchange rate info, will i be good to go? or will the accounts trip me up? thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2011
@diva11 they just sent me a mail saying they cant send to the specified address i gave them o! i added on on yahoo chat, can u please come online so we can talk about this. I need some things cleared. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2011
Seymour:

my school (imperial) has a 2 week grace window, so if my reapplication goes through as quickly as the initial did, i'll be fine. i just dont want to make any more mistakes (and waste even more money.) so if i get a corrected cas and include the exchange rate info, will i be good to go? or will the accounts trip me up? thanks!

Well. . as long u have the complete maintenance fees, sort out the CAS issue then u stand a chance. Just make sure that the money has being on those 2 accounts for 28days and not more than a month after that 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2011
Thank you very very much @justwise! God will confuse you with blessings! LOL! One more question: you can use a fixed deposit account for your maintenance, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2011
Seymour:

Thank you very very much @justwise! God will confuse you with blessings! LOL! One more question: you can use a fixed deposit account for your maintenance, right?

Sure you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by blackedwin: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Justwise and the rest,
We submited our applicatn 29th August,my wife as principal applicant while me and our baby as dependant,up till now no feedback,status hasn't changed,and school starts 26 September,what could be the issue,we all have travel history to the UK.
Any advice will be highly appreciated

Regards
Edwin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2011
blackedwin:

@Justwise and the rest,
We submited our applicatn 29th August,my wife as principal applicant while me and our baby as dependant,up till now no feedback,status hasn't changed,and school starts 26 September,what could be the issue,we all have travel history to the UK.
Any advice will be highly appreciated

Regards
Edwin

Give them a call.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.