Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312044 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2011
Good mornin justwise and everyone,pls justwise since I was refused a student visa the first time because of my bank account and now I have d money in my account for 28days,is it possible that they will process it ontime since my other documents checkt out because time is against me,
Plss reply me,thanksg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2011
Big Thanks to justWise and all Nairalanders, I got my visa this morning, and for thses still expecting theirs, u all will have a good testimony to give ijn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
Congratulations!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2011
batu2sai:

Big Thanks to justWise and all Nairalanders, I got my visa this morning, and for thses still expecting theirs, u all will have a good testimony to give ijn.

Congrat!! Now u can have rest of mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
joy4you:

Good mornin justwise and everyone,pls justwise since I was refused a student visa the first time because of my bank account and now I have d money in my account for 28days,is it possible that they will process it ontime since my other documents checkt out because time is against me,
Plss reply me,thanksg

I'm not sure how it works, they may not give u express service leaving others who submited b4 you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
batu2sai:

Congrats!, u complained earlier dat d vfs office dint have your doc, so when did u receive d sms alert for your passport pick up?, nd also did your online status change?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2011
Submitted since aug 12th and I've not heard anytin, I know all is well but I don't sleep well dis days,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2011
@sux why not call the BHC office just like carfreak and bokoram did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2011
nology:

Congrats!, u complained earlier dat d vfs office dint have your doc, so when did u receive d sms alert for your passport pick up?, nd also did your online status change?
I got the text around 5:30pm yesterday,and my friends who applied same day got their text too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
If you have anyone who applied recently in the past 3weeks and he or she has gotten his/her visa, go check again the visa was no issued in Abuja it was issued here in lagos. just learnt and confirmed this from the Agent i used. BHC in Lagos has started issuing visas alongside the one in Abj.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2011
batu2sai:

If you have anyone who applied recently in the past 3weeks and he or she has gotten his/her visa, go check again the visa was no issued in Abuja it was issued here in lagos. just learnt and confirmed this from the Agent i used. BHC in Lagos has started issuing visas alongside the one in Abj.

I dont know abt that, because mine was issued in Abj and dated sept 7. I got my sms at abt 9:30am.

@ Sux, u should really call the BHC, u know!

@ Alaki, i'm available online right now, searching for a ticket. we can chat.

@Bokoram, how far??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
hello everyone,
i must say you guys are doing a great job. i just stumbled on this site and regret just finding it. i got refused a student visa on the grounds that some abnormalities were found on my bank statement.(UBA). that they sent it to their forgery team and they got doubts it was actually issued by UBA (abnormal BHC ppl) i didn't attach a verification letter because i assumed they would call to confirm from the bank. well. i wanna reapply and if any of you have any advice to give me i would very much appreciate it. i don't want to review it because i don't have that kinda time my latest date for reg is 15th oct. i hope they would not use it against me being that i didn't review meaning that i accept their refusal. btw, i wasn't banned. pls your advice is needed. thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
pandora__:

hello everyone,
i must say you guys are doing a great job. i just stumbled on this site and regret just finding it. i got refused a student visa on the grounds that some abnormalities were found on my bank statement.(UBA).[b] that they sent it to their forgery team and they got doubts [/b]it was actually issued by UBA (abnormal BHC ppl) i didn't attach a verification letter because i assumed they would call to confirm from the bank. well. i wanna reapply and if any of you have any advice to give me i would very much appreciate it. i don't want to review it because i don't have that kinda time my latest date for reg is 15th oct. i hope they would not use it against me being that i didn't review meaning that i accept their refusal. btw, i wasn't banned. pls your advice is needed. thanks a bunch.

If you can't convince the BHC that the bank statement is original then you will be refused again if u applied.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
@justwise, thanks for your swift reply smiley. i got a verification letter from my bank to attach to my new statement. i pray this would be enough. thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
pandora__:

@justwise, thanks for your swift reply smiley. i got a verification letter from my bank to attach to my new statement. i pray this would be enough. thanks once again.

As long as u can prove that the bank statement is original and they can confirm that with ur bank then u got no prob.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
good day all.

my school will start jan 23 2012 and i wish travelling on 6th jan 2012 can i apply for my visa on 7 october 2011 since they said one can apply 3 month ahead.

i will like to confirm if it 3 month from the start date or travel date to aviod spending visa fee in vain

thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
Congrats @carfreak,@batu2sai.

You guys,lyk how many working days was your visa processed cos i will lyk 2 know if der's still hope me getting a visa dis year cos my deadline is fast approaching,just one week 2 go n i applied on d 29th wich makes it 10 working days 2day(not sure how dey calculate der wrking days ish).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
Te-amo:

You guys,lyk how many working days was your visa processed cos i will lyk 2 know if der's still hope me getting a visa dis year cos my deadline is fast approaching,just one week 2 go n i applied on d 29th wich makes it 10 working days 2day(not sure how dey calculate der wrking days ish).
applied on the 15th of august. monday - friday (working days) as long as theres no public holiday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2011
Pls post d BHC people fone number here 4 d benefit of ppl like us, since august 12th God av mercy, I've tracked and tracked to no avail ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hi All,

Yes, it's true, Heard that from the first of September, student applications are now being processed in Lagos, starting from the First of this month. If you applied before then, then yours might have been among the batch that got forwarded to Abuja. I confirmed this from PFL Ikeja, and from the Submission lady at VFS. And, another thing I noticed, the work load has severely dropped 'cause we were just only about 7 tier 4 applicants today. So, if you applied after the first, I assure you to put your mind at ease, you should be getting that text anytime from 5 working days upwards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
And Please, who on here used a GTB Bank statement? Just to be sure that they accept the way GTB prints theirs. Cause it's on one nasty light piece of paper. Anyways I know people that Used it, Just making sure wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
biloxy:

good day all.

my school will start jan 23 2012 and i wish travelling on 6th jan 2012 can i apply for my visa on 7 october 2011 since they said one can apply 3 month ahead.

i will like to confirm if it 3 month from the start date or travel date to aviod spending visa fee in vain

thank u
nope, you can only apply 3 months before[b] your start date[/b] so the earliest time you can apply is on October 23

Te-amo:

I also applied on Aug 15 and got my notification on September 12. So if u remove the UK Bank holiday on Aug 29, Ramadan Holls on Aug 30 and 31, then u have 18 working days.

@Bokoram, u there??

@ Sux, the numbers are below:
Phone: Visa Customer Care: +234 (0) 8036591145
+234 (0) 8035900179
+234 (0) 7034062883
(between the hours of 0900-1400 Monday to Thursday and 0900-1200 on Fridays)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hello! Pls is there anyone here that used a UBA bank statement to apply? Pls lemme know, because I want to get this second application right. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
I don come again wink

Dellman and bountimore as well as others that have gotten their visas and travelled, (if you guys still check here any longer as una don get visa now, u don fashi NL grin) how far with settling down? into school? accommodation and stuff? what did u guys take along? personal stuffs? official stuffs? what did u also forget? what did you miss that you wish you took along with you?

Sensei justwise grin
U fit help answer the above too o.
winter is coming so thick clothes is a must
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
Skii:

I don come again wink

Dellman and bountimore as well as others that have gotten their visas and travelled, (if you guys still check here any longer as una don get visa now, u don fashi NL grin) how far with settling down? into school? accommodation and stuff? what did u guys take along? personal stuffs? official stuffs? what did u also forget? what did you miss that you wish you took along with you?

Sensei justwise grin
U fit help answer the above too o.
winter is coming so thick clothes is a must

lol. . u no well. grin grin grin. don't 4get ur Aboniki, buy one of two winter jackets for a start, take unlocked mobile phone so that when u get here u buy just sim card. You may not need to take text books cos u will get them here.

Registration will not be a prob but accommodation might be an issue if you arrived late without any accommodation arrangement with ur school or outside the school. You will settle down pretty quick if ur are open to changes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hello! Pls is there anyone here that used a UBA bank statement to apply? Pls lemme know, because I want to get this second application right. Thank you! If you did, did you attach a reference letter 2 it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pinkasso: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
@Sir_Lipton,
when you get to GTBank ask them to print the statement on the paper specifically used for Visa purpose , you know there two types the statement from the bank, the one for bank reconciliation and a  statement for visa purposes, and also collect a covering letter too, although its at a cost, I hope this helps.  I think you can use anyone of the two, but the one for visa purpose is much more clearer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2011
You dont need to panic over UBA bank statement the only thing u need to do is to cross check it before leaving the bank.

make sure the following are in place

1) make sure the character are bold ie easily readable

2)make sure it is printed on letter headed paper and not continuation sheet bacause embassy have
sample of every bank original letter headed paper.

3)make sure the bank stamp is very clear on the statement showing the branch were it was printed

4) make sure the issue of opening and closing balance is taken care of by making deposit a day before printing.

5) note that some customer service staffs are new staff and can generate you statement below UBA statement making your own different from other.

[quote author=pandora__ link=topic=331618.msg9147418#msg9147418 date=1316021621]
Hello! Pls is there anyone here that used a UBA bank statement to apply? Pls lemme know, because I want to get this second application right. Thank you! If you did, did you attach a reference letter 2 it?
[quote][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
I got my visa today after 22 working days ooooo, I thank Allah, justwise, and d rest ooo after 3 failed applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
@sux Congrats! Any news from anybody else? What's up people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
[[table]quote author=sux-xzmyn link=topic=331618.msg9153716#msg9153716 date=1316102097]
I got my visa today after 22 working days ooooo, I thank Allah, justwise, and d rest ooo after 3 failed applications
[quote][/quote][/table]

CONGRATULATION sux-xzmyn - that quite long.
how many month bank statement did you print and did you attach reference letter from the bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2011
I printed a close to 6 mth statement and I dint attach reference letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.