Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,884 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311971 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2010
ella1:

Pls which of the VFS centers in faster VI or Ikeja? thanks

Hi ella1 - The best answer I can give you is: 'it depends'. lipsrsealed

Okay here is why:
1. A lot of people on Nairaland have testified to VI having a faster response time. However, as I am sure most of these people have not tried Ikeja (you only use one, unless you are reapplying), it might not mean it is necessarily the fastest.
2. I have most of my students to be to Ikeja as not one of my students has had to wait greater than 10 working days to get an outcome when using this service so far. However, because I really help them to create an airtight application, this may be the reason for a fast turnaround instead of the actual center.
3. The BHC in Lagos used to process applications made through the VFS offices in Ikeja and VI, but now the BHC in Abuja does, adding an extra two working days to transfer documents across the country (minimum), so it might be better to apply in Abuja. However, since Ibadan applications an the whole of Abuja is being processed there also it might not necessarily be the fastest.

So my answer is, I prefer Ikeja, but anyone you decide on should be fine if your application is airtight, and if you apply on time. If you are approaching your enrollment deadline speak to your university about an extension.

Hope this helps!

DegreeAngel UK Limited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 1:28am On Jan 03, 2010
Can somebody help with details of cheap accomodation for students in uk for the first weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2010
Hi monixl - it depends on where you want to stay, please remember if gas, electricity and water are not included (i.e. bills not included), you might need to add £1,500 per year on to the rent, also take into account transport costs which could range from £0 to £1,500 peryear depending on distance from school and transport links:

www.studentpad.co.uk
www.accommodationforstudents.com

Those two links are for students only.

You can also try the following for private landlords who post their own property (a few agents also):
www.loot.com
www.gumtree.com
www.rightmove.co.uk

WARNING - Gumtree is free to post on, and there are a lot of scammer who will even put photographs there, I advise you not to pay for anything until you are given the keys at the door, or unless you are using an accredited and registered agency. Loot charges for a lot of its advert but because they are landlords advertising direct it may be cheaper than going through an agency - they may also be more open to negotiation. Rightmove is likely to be expensive rentals because fo agent fees (virtually no private landlords advertise here). But possibly safer to use agents if you are paying from outside UK.

Good luck!

www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2010
If it is temporary accommodation however, you can try hostels, but they are not always safe depending on the area you choose. Try contacting your university to ask them about hostels that are safe/recommended.

Otherwise here is another link:
http://www.studentaccommodation.org/hostels_united_kingdom_list_uk.asp

Be careful to check the currency type.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
Guys, please avoid all deception when applying for visas, and for thos of you in the UK already obey the laws and don't overstay:

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjRKkgVlZI[/flash]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ell77 Nice Video clip, what a shame the first guy doesn't even know his date of birth. cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 12:13am On Jan 04, 2010
ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 12:38am On Jan 04, 2010
Hello guys! Just to tremind you that this thread has nothing to do with the anything other than applying to study in the UK on tier 4 of the New PBS system.

Anyone who wants to study elsewhere, will probably be looking on another thread already so please don't post adverts on other countries here.

The thread contributors are trying to help those who want to study in the UK. If you really need attention start your own thread, this thread is already a little long for people to read through from beginning to end, and you wont be helping.  lipsrsealed

Thank you

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 12:46am On Jan 04, 2010
@ell77 I'm so sorry about that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
That's okay monixl, forget about it. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cconcept: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
ell7,
i sent you some mails.check your email boxes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cconcept: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
ell77,check ur email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
THANK BABA GOD , Got my visa today, Guess what , it took only 5 working days instead of 10
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
monixl:

THANK BABA GOD , Got my visa today, Guess what , it took only 5 working days instead of 10

Congrat and wecome to icey Uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ Justwise, Thanks, I still need your advice on what to do before leaving and when i get there , my school resumes on 18th of jan, Please kindly advice on what to buy from here and first steps to take when i get there,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
monixl:

@ Justwise, Thanks, I still need your advice on what to do before leaving and when i get there , my school resumes on 18th of jan, Please kindly advice on what to buy from here and first steps to take when i get there,

Well, i don't think u need to buy alot but get your proper winter jacket cos its pretty cold here now. Another thing that will help u in this winter is ABONIKI BALM, a friend got me one when he was coming last yr and its great.

Is your school in london or outside london? If its outside london then u need to take train or bus when u get to heathrow airport, some schools do pick up new students from train stations or airport, find out from your school. If i remember more i will list them here. Others will help u too.

Congrat once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
monixl:

Congrats and welcome to UK, yes it is chilly right now. Wear layers of clothing and if possible purchase a coat, the shock of the weather at this time might be a bit much.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 2:05am On Jan 06, 2010
Please , i need advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
Happy new year. Honestly, i've learnt so much in this thread.I'll like to say a big thank you to elle, flekan, justwise and other contributors on this thread. I've decided to apply with the certificate that has the in correct date of birth and an affidavit from the Federal High Court. I'll like contributors to give details of how the personal letter to explain will look like plus a sponsor letter format for my Dad because he deposited money for the living expenses and maintenance fund in my account. I'll like to hear back from you as your response is of great importance to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cconcept: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2010
ell77,where are you?
and what is wrong with your phone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2010
Hi cconcept there is nothing wrong with the phone, I just called you using our office lines.

But if you have any problems getting through to me personally by phone, you have my email address. Sometimes if my staff are all tied up giving training sessions or negotiating with universities on tuition fees or helping distressed students, the lines will be diverted to our answering machine so you may leave a message and we will get back to you. Generally, the best times to call are between 11am and 3pm (Monday - Sunday) for general enquiries, sometimes you can call before or after these times and still get through to us. Each of our candidates have their own dedicated consultant with direct mobile phone access (often myself), so you can even call evenings and weekends without trouble. These numbers are only given to candidates who have chosen us to help them in their applications, our service is normally FREE, so the candidate service starts when you decide you are ready to apply to university.

Here is the number again:
Dial the number as +44207 148 7926
or 0044207 148 7926

www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2010
@lad1000 - Just make sure the letter is fully comprehensive of why the mistake was made (or who by), then talk about other records that do show your correct date of birth and state that these documents all belong to you. If you are unsure seek legal advice and if any fraud was at play then please don't bother applying with this it will cause a possible ten year ban for applying to UK for any visa.

@monixl - Help with what? You need a flight ticket, get a police check before you go (to help with some jobs), stick to your luggage allowance on flight and get padlocks for checked in luggage, don't carry any food (animals, plants etc) or liquids, get some pounds before you come Naira is not recognised here, don't put cash in your suitcase (put it in your hand luggage and declare it), don't carry any artefacts, get warm clothes, make sure you phone line is unblocked and roamed (then get a chip here in UK ASAP), contact hostels for pre-booking or atleast print a list of hostels that have accommodation at the time you need if you have not already paid for accommodation, get your CV ready for part-time work. Stay tuned to www.degreeangel.co.uk, for FREE courses on employment, study assistance in UK (how to get a 1st Class), and exploring your entrepreneurial side whilst keeping to the restrictions set by the UKBA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by instinctg(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2010
I cant lie about something like this.The result is mine.It's just that my school probably filled a wrong date of birth on my form during the registration exercise.I have my international passport and my birth certificate has evidence of my correct age.Better still,i heard that the other certificate is out.Hope there are no bad consequences if i apply with the new certificate that has my correct date of birth.Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2010
The last user didnt logout is account on nairaland.Lad 1000 was the sender of the previous message.Pls reply thru lad1000.Thankssssssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by abes(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2010
i just applied yesterday,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chigsmith: 10:38am On Jan 09, 2010
@ell77,
I got mine visa yesterday. Pls wat is d max amt u can com wit and where and how will u declare the amt u ar carrying.
On locking ur bag, will d padlock not set trigger d metal detector?
So hw will u get ur bag secured?
what do u mean by keep ur phone roaming? Will one enter d uk with it, is there any rervice there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by prestigejayjay: 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2010
House pls help,
I want to join this FEB/March admission and my Uncle that is sponsoring me
just told me to go and open a new account to his bank instead of our agreement to use
his FAT ACCOUNT before cos we are bearing the same name.
What is bothering me now is that,

Hope they wont reject my statement of Account cos it is newly opened one?
(With the money therein for 28 day)
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
prestigejayjay:

House pls help,
just told me to go and open a new account to his bank instead of our agreement to use
Thanks

Go and open a new account as your uncle said and leave it untouched for 28days, they will not refuse u visa based on that  as long as u have the required amount and untouch for 28days. ell77 will tell u more(She is the pro)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by prestigejayjay: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2010
Thanks Justwise,
I am very grateful.
Any other contribution?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2010
prestigejayjay:

House pls help,

Thanks

Justwise said it best. I'll say you go with what he says. Opening a new account doesn't mean you will be rejected when you apply. All they want you to do is keep the money needed in your account for a minimum of 28 days before you apply.

chigsmith:

@ell77,
I got mine visa yesterday. Pls wat is d max amt u can com wit and where and how will u declare the amt u ar carrying.
On locking your bag, will d padlock not set trigger d metal detector?
So hw will u get your bag secured?
what do u mean by keep your phone roaming? Will one enter d uk with it, is there any rervice there

You can go along with the money you will be needing when you get there (Accommodation fee, Remaining of your school fee is not already paid before you leave & Living expenses sha). You will be giving a receipt for all the money your carrying if bought at the Bank or Bureau De Change. So you can just tender the receipt when asked for, though I don't think they will be bothered by the amount your carrying since you are a student. Getting your bag secured is your job. So, keep it very secure and safe

Roaming is something you can get your service provider to do for you before you. Just call your customer service and tell them that you want do roaming on your phone, it will enable you use your Sim card when you get to the UK. At last just until you get a new Sim card there. I'll advice you read most of ell77 post also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by prestigejayjay: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
I really appreciate u my brother.
Thanks so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by K3769: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2010

Hey monixi, how come? i have applied for my student visa since 18th of dec last year and it hasnt come
out yet, I am happy for u and i hope mine comes out also wit good news as this is my 2nd application, cos i was denied
the 1st time which was in july last year

Reason was i dint have the maintenance fund in my acct, being tht i used a sponsors acct so i was not awarded 10 pts
but now i have put the money in my acct and i dont expect it to take this late, was wondering if the mutallab issue was the 1 causing it b4

any idea house wat mite be causin the delay, ?

Thank u all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.