Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,240 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Do you Believe In Love? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do you Believe In Love? (30366 Views)

Can You Believe This Lady Is Almost 40 Years Old (photos) / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by benjanny(m): 6:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Sometime ago,i never beleive in love,but finally i now beleive in love

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by slim49z(m): 6:54am On Sep 08, 2016
nma24:
I do believe in Love but it is hard to come by these days

Love ko love ni! My first girlfriend left me when I was a broke ass student for a working class dude. And my second girlfriend left me after my NYSC cos I got no job.

Now the second girlfriend wants to come back cos I have hustled and made my dough and professing to me she has never stopped loving me. Who is fooling who! I told her to look for another car park, period.

For every love, there's a reason - believe that!!

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Emma5097: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:
Can you love without a reason and unconditionally? What is the true definition of love?

I strongly believe that real and unconditional love only exist from God to man but anyone who believes in human love is a big dummy.

In my opinion i believe that ,human love is a charade, a facade and a chase after the wind which is based on a selfish condition and if the condition is no longer there, love fades and tolerance sets in with an eventual crash.

[b]But when this selfish condition is still present in that other person, we usually use the so called dumb words "I LOVE YOU", "PROMISE YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME", "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU", "WILL YOU MARRY ME", "YES I DO TILL DEATH..."

Let's cut the chase and face facts, human relationship is basically an exchange of obligation,a pure trade by barter. We will likely hear those vague words "I love you" from someone who actually desires you because of your sexual features,money,cuteness,fear of God, future prospect,moral standards, fame and so on and God help you that those reasons remain else you are a past tense or a mere partner that will be tolerated maybe because the other party is no longer at a vantage point to dump you and both of you will now become a good sample couple of real love while in actual fact you are only tolerating each other.

So when next you hear a man ask you "will you marry me or can we start dating?" or a lady agrees to be your date or wife,rather than assume that it is love in action, just find a nice moment to ask that person why he or she wants you as a date or spouse so that you can always keep that reason alive to avoid heart ache.[/b]

So my humble advice to people out there looking for true love or someone who will love them for real is to stop chasing shadows and be with someone who catches their fancy and keep the condition of the "attraction" alive or continue to wait for real love until Mongo park discovers them.

I have deep things to write concerning this but on a second thought i have decided to hold back and throw this open for discussion as the title is self explicit.

Call me a sadist, a pessimist or any name you desire but as I always reiterate, I am a realist but Maybe true love exist between a man and woman in a love affair in one out of a million chances but i would like to read from you if you believe in this 4 letter scam called L O V E,

Over to you all.

Truth is one can't argue with u on this summation of yours because you are right. However I believe that experiences differ and scenarios play an important part on what you experience. I personally believe that love is a double edged sword and can also be likened to walking on the edge of a ledge and one wrong move shoots you down. If you don't trust the person then how do you love the person but then again in this time and era when trusting ones self ain't easy, how do you trust someone else? If you find that rare love without reason in someone then my brother and sister God help you butter ur bread o else if na for reason, na there u pass go. Someone once told me that men fall in love with what they see and women fall in love with what they hear. Nowadays when love is mentioned, the world makes us be like.........

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Emma5097: 7:01am On Sep 08, 2016
darian5735:
Waiting for someone to blame buhari on this post

Following.....

Oya I go do am. But then again for this buhari economic recession period who get the energy to take love Abi u no know say na money dey make love sweet. How u wan take buy anything to spice am up. Abeg joor as dollar increase love increase. Oya wailers come I dey kampe. But remember that Mumu talk is.....,

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by deltaprincess(f): 7:02am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:
Can you love without a reason and unconditionally? What is the true definition of love?

I strongly believe that real and unconditional love only exist from God to man but anyone who believes in human love is a big dummy.

In my opinion i believe that ,human love is a charade, a facade and a chase after the wind which is based on a selfish condition and if the condition is no longer there, love fades and tolerance sets in with an eventual crash.

[b]But when this selfish condition is still present in that other person, we usually use the so called dumb words "I LOVE YOU", "PROMISE YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME", "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU", "WILL YOU MARRY ME", "YES I DO TILL DEATH..."

Let's cut the chase and face facts, human relationship is basically an exchange of obligation,a pure trade by barter. We will likely hear those vague words "I love you" from someone who actually desires you because of your sexual features,money,cuteness,fear of God, future prospect,moral standards, fame and so on and God help you that those reasons remain else you are a past tense or a mere partner that will be tolerated maybe because the other party is no longer at a vantage point to dump you and both of you will now become a good sample couple of real love while in actual fact you are only tolerating each other.

So when next you hear a man ask you "will you marry me or can we start dating?" or a lady agrees to be your date or wife,rather than assume that it is love in action, just find a nice moment to ask that person why he or she wants you as a date or spouse so that you can always keep that reason alive to avoid heart ache.[/b]

So my humble advice to people out there looking for true love or someone who will love them for real is to stop chasing shadows and be with someone who catches their fancy and keep the condition of the "attraction" alive or continue to wait for real love until Mongo park discovers them.

I have deep things to write concerning this but on a second thought i have decided to hold back and throw this open for discussion as the title is self explicit.

Call me a sadist, a pessimist or any name you desire but as I always reiterate, I am a realist but Maybe true love exist between a man and woman in a love affair in one out of a million chances but i would like to read from you if you believe in this 4 letter scam called L O V E,

Over to you all.

Love is just an emotion like anger.... It is not long lasting just a feeling of the moment that can wane or accelerate. It's a choice also and not a bond. Friendship is a bond and it's more encompassing than love....
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Obanz2(f): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2016
yemmit90:

Can you love without a reason?

This is a simple logic. Love is not natural, it is a result of personal perspectives, greed and gains/rewards.

Have you ever asked yourself why the so called Love vanish between couple that once loved each other?
and those couple fail to build friendship.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by LaExpert: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:

Over to you all.

1. You ought not to regard someone else as a 'big fool' because you have different views.

2. Why is God exempted?

Perhaps, we can reach a simple conclusion on this, I believe this is a very interesting topic.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2016
yemmit90:

This is a simple logic. Love is not natural, it is a result of personal perspectives, greed and gains/rewards.

Have you ever asked yourself why the so called Love vanish between couple that once loved each other?
Australian ex-model Turia Pitt suffered burns to 65 per cent of her body, lost her fingers and thumb on her right hand and spent five months in hospital after she was trapped by a grass-fire in a 100 kilometer ultra-marathon in the Kimberley. Her boyfriend decided to quit his job to care for her recovery. Days ago, in an interview for CNN they asked him: “Did you at any moment think about leaving her and hiring someone to take her of her and moving on with your life?” His reply touched the world: “I married her soul, her character, and she’s the only woman that will continue to fulfill my dreams.” THIS IS WHAT TRUE LUV IS ALL ABOUT.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by mctowel01: 7:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Only your mother will give you true love cos come rqin come sunshine, break a leg, an arm, go broke,.. She will always be there
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:14am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:

Over to you all.

Love exists. The love God has for mankind is yes, but such love also exists amongst his true followers. The problem is not with word love, love but with the people proclaiming it.

For instance, you can't deny that a mother loves her baby. We see bonds between mother and children, such things aren't illusion. There will only be love in God, In His people and His word. Because love is from God.

But you can't practice love in evil, which is what most people try to do, the reason they fail. You see a girl on the street with curvy shape admire her, desire to have sex with her, and because there's other suitable word to make her fall for you, you employ love on a strange land. It won't work.

There is no love without God and there is no God without love. When we say God is love, we also mean love is God. So for you to demonstrate that love, you must not isolate it from God otherwise it is no longer love at all.

Love exist between mothers and children, brothers, sisters, husbands and wives and many more relationships approved by God.

Not between boyfriend and girlfriend. Sugar mama and baby mama, gay and lesbians etc. You don't force into such things.

Secondly, love is a promise. It is not attached to anything. It is a commitment. When you promise to love, you promise to do all it takes, you promise to give your life, you promise to die.

So next time if you want to say I love... Think again and consider if it is the right thing to say.

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Ghost447(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2016
God loves me, my mum loves me. Apart from these, I don't believe in any other love.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2016
ogorwyne:
I just did an evaluation using myself and I concur. What we call love is an attraction. Something that might fade if that feature we got attracted to ceases to exist. There is always a reason why we love our partners, that 'reason' is why we still say those 'I love U's. That's Love with conditions. I tried to imagine my partner without some of the features that got me attracted to him. Hmmm

An elderly man once told me that 'Love' fades in almost every marriage at a particular point in time and that when couples get to that stage what keeps them together is the Friendship they built over the years, God, and the vows they exchanged.

This topic is a bit complicated though.

Affection fades, desires ceaces. But not love. Love neither fades nor dies. When you're committed to love, you love to the end. Love is better defined as the presence of God between me and you.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by iamrealdeji(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2016
For men,their love for their woman fades as the woman starts to give birth to children and she's becoming less attractive and fat.
For women,their love for their man fades as he stops caring the way he used to care.
But in all,women love more than men do and women love their man for long than vice versa.
I noticed women love me when men care. I notice my mum used to be more in love with my dad whenever my dad cares more but otherwise when he cares less
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:26am On Sep 08, 2016
yemmit90:

No you can't love without a reason. But you can love for a wrong reason. And every other reason for love aside God is no love at all. There is no love isolated from God. For God is love.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Zackpraise(m): 7:28am On Sep 08, 2016
'LOVE' ? Na scam....there must be a reason for a lady to attract me...
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2016
firstking01:
My brother, dnt be self delusional...love vanish between couples because they fell inlove for a "reason"...if you love with no reasons, then that love will last cool.

Of course you need to fall in love for a reason, but let God be the reason. That way, your love will not just last, it will be eternal.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:35am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:

Yes love only exist from God to man but anyone who believes in human love is a big fool.

Human love is a charade, a chase after the wind which is based on a condition and if the condition is no longer there, love fades and tolerance sets in with an eventual crash just for us to start looking for the right condition in another person which triggers the so called dumb words "I LOVE YOU".

Wrong! If love exists between God and man, and He created man in His likeness, then man is capable of loving not just Him, but others.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:

[color=#000099][b]

I believe theirs is love there ,,,jus that we the youth av remixed it... i am lukin fr luv in a guy dt is rich,,,am lukin fr luv in a woman dt is big boobs/Ass...luv has no spec its only lust dat cums wit specs
OP shuld realise yu dnnt date sum1 because of physical things n refer to it as luv because wit time they wil fade n yu'll even get tired of it because it allova ur face.. any r/ship base on physical appearance naa lust.."You cannt go 4 inner qualities/attributes in ur partner n fall out of luv" ...i nid sum1 to debunk this

Over to you all.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by harrylassboy(m): 7:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by FaroukM(m): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2016
Someone once told me “Love is blind..Marriage is the Eye Opener”
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 7:52am On Sep 08, 2016
Toks2008:

You keep impressing me.

Those who i can say are capable of loving are the teenagers who mostly have pure hearts and that is why you see a girl of 17 ready to elope with a lover who can't even feed himself but then if you ask her why she "loves" the guy she will still lame things like.."he is fine, tall, has teddy and 6packs" ...

As long as there is a reason for loving then forget those 4 letter words.

This is why I pity ladies who think a man truly loves them because they propose marriage to them

Its either he loves your curves, your outward beauty, your manners, your cooking ability or sexual prowess..but take that thing away from him and watch him change or worse still as soon as he has gotten enough of whatever endeared him to you he will start hunting for a new one.

I know a man who got married to a beautiful lady. Just five months after their wedding, there was a fire accident she was badly affected. She is now on wheels, nothing to desire in her.

Yet this young man loves her cares and provide for her, above all he is faithful to her and is so reluctant taking another wife so as because he loves God.

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by iamrealdeji(m): 7:54am On Sep 08, 2016
Love koor. There must be a reason for a lady to attract me and it's her physical looks. I.e her curvy body and cute face.
We men think with our dicks most times.
Women love men when they care for them,meaning that women think with their brains. Dino Melaye is the typical prototype of an average Nigerian man. Once we're tired of a woman,we're tired and we start to get aggressive and that aggression is what fades the love our women have for us
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
don't say what you have never experienced,what do you mean by that?...a fathers love can be as intense as a mothers love..it depends on individuals!!!!...just because women show their emotions does not mean men have none!!!
but actually men don't have emotions tho grin
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by iamrealdeji(m): 7:58am On Sep 08, 2016
udumosam23:

I know a man who got married to a beautiful lady. Just five months after their wedding, there was a fire accident she was badly affected. She is now on wheels, nothing to desire in her.

Yet this young man loves her cares and provide for her, above all he is faithful to her and is so reluctant taking another wife so as because he loves God.
that's true boss,love still exists indeed o. I used to own an Australian magazine. In the mag,the woman was beautiful,the man handsome,they were ranchers and all of a sudden,the woman lost her arm to a big machine while working on their ranch and this man still loves her,takes care of her,dresses her up do everything for her and never cheats on her. Love still exists to people that think it doesn't and elderly people telling you it doesn't,its not everything these elderly men know,some of them say total false and not knowledgeable about some things

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by babyfaceafrica: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
but actually men don't have emotions tho grin
you are high on sperm...good morning
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2016
WriteBoy:
Love, what is love? Love is the mental and sometimes physical sensation that accompanies the belief that our most primal needs are about to be met. For love to take roots, there must exist the possibility of a person having one or more of their needs met. So when a lady who desires to be doted on meets a man who is quite literally the most caring man on earth, because the lady's pressing need at that moment is care and affection, she will make concessions in order to please the man and thus fall in love.

Love like Toks2008 said is trade by barter. I trade my time, you trade your caresses, your loving words, something goes off in our brains (chemicals, hormones etc) and because we are both seeking to have our needs met, we become inseparable.

There's nothing like true love. When you look at it, our ancestors practised arranged marriages. Did that stop them from loving themselves? Evidence suggests that love was even stronger then. The ancients knew that love could be cultivated in any two individuals with time and meeting of each others needs. Sadly, today -- thanks to all the work the western world has done selling us the romanticized ideals of love and relationships.

No matter how hard you try, you'll always meet a frustrated end until you define love aright.

Love is the presence of God in us QED.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2016
charmingfrank:
you see the problem here. this is what existentialism will teach us. existence before essence. someone said God is love,my question here is that how can you know that God is love without knowing what love us. for yoy to be able to know that God is love this means that you already know what Love is. Come to think of it,we love God or gods because of the promises of enternal life and what we have read and have been thought. lets take for instance all these mentioned aboved does not exist. hiw can we then know what love is and that true love comes from God?
90% of religious people like Christians worship God not because of the unconditional love for their God but because they believe they don't want to spend eternity in hell. If heaven and hell doesn't exist, I wonder how many Christians will be left on this earth grin .... The love between God and man is not even unconditional because there's still conditions attached to it. grin cheesy
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by ogorwyne(f): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2016
udumosam23:

Affection fades, desires ceaces. But not love. Love neither fades nor dies. When you're committed to love, you love to the end. Love is better defined as the presence of God between me and you.
You just defined love using God. And yeah I agree. You mentioned commitment also and I concur. Love can never stand on its own. Come to think of it, I think other things are more important than love in relationships. Love dies, those other things make marriages Work. God, Commitment, Trust, and a host of others. Only God can love u till the end. Talk to couples.

And how about we talk about love from a differnt angle, how about those that don't believe in God? Does it mean Love isn't for them? Since you said its the presence of God between two people.

I could still learn from u if am wrong.
Ur name sounds like a friends name, his is Udiomuno Samuel. Good morning
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by udumosam23(m): 8:15am On Sep 08, 2016
Owliver:
sorry to disappoint you. even the religious God don't love unconditionally. he doesn't love sinners. he has a lake of fire for them. He only loves those who worship him and it is said he will give them mansions in heaven.

so even the religious God loves for a purpose.

Lol, your knowledge about God can be better. God loves His children. They don't have to be good before He loves them. Rather, He makes them good because He loves them. It is God who identifies Himself with us, we can't go to Him, until He comes to us. We're incapable of loving Him until He first loves us. And this His love is not based on who or what we are. He chooses to love us. He decides who love.

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
you are high on sperm...good morning
grin Good morning
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by dsekist(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Shea! If luv is blind marriage then will open ur eyes
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Obcglobal(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
We have three types of love, agape love,erotic love and Platonic love so it depends on the one you are focusing your discussion on. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. / All I Did Was Introduce Her To My Man”– Lady Shares How Friend Engaged Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.