Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6171529 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

Oil would definitely phase out for cars in 25years (though useful in other areas). You need to see the number of Germans and Russians who take Fuel Cells and most Renewable Energy Programmes year in, year out.
An looking forward for the day l'll have my own Tesla
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

Genau, l have always believed the best resources are human resources not natural resources, invest in human resources and you would rule, it's what the Russians are also doing despite the resources they have.
I agree with that but have also to say that Russia is not doing well...some indicators show that Russia is in a deep hole curtsey of the current govt
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

I think the good thing about Kenya is that we don't have much stuff so we kinda perfected ways of utilizing the little we have

I dread the oil we found. It might make us that poor in service delivery. Btw we aint that good in utilizing what we have, its just that relatively speaking, Nigeria is something else grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2017
@freshest do you speak fluent German?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I dread the oil we found. It might make us that poor in service delivery. Btw we aint that good in utilizing what we have, its just that relatively speaking, Nigeria is something else grin
Me too..but for now we can use it wisely an slingshot our economy closer to SA or naija then cut the flow if possible
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2017
NairoBae

tongue

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:
NairoBae

tongue
Msee of late ya have been travelling a lot eh.. cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

Me too..but for now we can use it wisely an slingshot our economy closer to SA or naija then cut the flow if possible

I sincerely hope we do that. If we do, then our Mzansi bros can give space to tha new kid on tha block tongue grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

Msee of late ya have been travelling a lot eh.. cheesy

TembeaKenya cheesy
Hii ni nchi yetu bana
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Naiberi Joint inside Nairobi County tongue

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Love is always brewing somewhere in downtown Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:
@freshest do you speak fluent German?
Nein, ein bleischen Deutsche cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

The hope for African oil producing countries to rank amongst top world economies is not in the export of raw materials but manufactured goods.
The likes of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia amongst the top oil producing nations for now can still relax because of their relatively small population, they all produce far above Nigeria's 2.2 million barrels but are less than 30 million in population. Nigeria's oil is not even enough for her, so the need to diversify properly, and export more, is more or less an emergency in Nigeria at the moment. This is why Nigeria alongside Gambia have refused to sign the EPA for ECOWAS. Nigeria must either produce more barrels, have a workable refinery, or focus on something else as a major export.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I sincerely hope we do that. If we do, then our Mzansi bros can give space to tha new kid on tha block tongue grin

we ain't giving space to anyone grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

I think much problem in Nigeria is not about production but distribution... Whether electricity or other resources cheesy

u're very correct.......Nigeria actually produce about 9300mw of electricity but distribute about 5000mw. though, they're currently working on it.the idea is to generate n distribute 20000mw of electricity by 2020.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Sure? They produce power and cant distribute it undecided Must be the oil cartels. Smart states would invest on renewable energy like solar and end reliance on the central govt
federal govt of Nigeria is in charge of power, so, most states cant generate electricity on their own. though, Lagos state is about to generate 3000mw of electricity. if Lagos can succeed, I believe the remaining states will follow suit without depending on the FGN. Ibadan will be the second state with 1000mw of electricity generated from waste.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

Genau, l have always believed the best resources are human resources not natural resources, invest in human resources and you would rule, it's what the Russians are also doing despite the abundant natural resources they have.
the best example for manipulation of human resources should be BRAZIL and not RUSSIA.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
shervydman:

federal govt of Nigeria is in charge of power, so, most states cant generate electricity on their own. though, Lagos state is about to generate 3000mw of electricity. if Lagos can succeed, I believe the remaining states will follow suit without depending on the FGN. Ibadan will be the second state with 1000mw of electricity generated from waste.
Fashola seems to be against power generated from waste, the man only sees problem rather than opportunities, however some rural communities in Kaduna(not connected to the national grid) have enjoyed two years stable power from solar energy, some would also benefit from Solar soon in Calabar l guess.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

Fashola seems to be against power generated from waste, the man only sees problem rather than opportunities, however some rural communities in Kaduna(not connected to the national grid) have enjoyed two years stable power from solar energy, some would also benefit from Solar soon in Calabar l guess.
fashola is a lawyer and not an engineer. its not his fault.
yes, those that are not connected to the national grid enjoys stable electrical supply than those connected to it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

So true.I believe we should look out there an emulate more advanced countries..I like the Scandinavian countries an the way they handle stuff
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Yap .. tell them we are coming an they better be ready grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:

TembeaKenya cheesy
Hii ni nchi yetu bana
definitely going to do that but for now baridi nayo cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Love is always brewing somewhere in downtown Nairobi
Reason ni juu ya baridi mob ..I think so grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
shervydman:

u're very correct.......Nigeria actually produce about 9300mw of electricity but distribute about 5000mw. though, they're currently working on it.the idea is to generate n distribute 20000mw of electricity by 2020.
9000mw is much better if well utilized.... Before you start the 20000 thingy better make sure the 9000 is flowing well
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
shervydman:

the best example for manipulation of human resources should be BRAZIL and not RUSSIA.
Agree.. I don't think Russia is a good example in this case
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Jayceon:
we ain't giving space to anyone grin
We will not ask ..w'll demand for it..actually w'll grab it by force grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
freshest4live:

Oil would definitely phase out for cars in 25years (though useful in other areas). You need to see the number of Germans and Russians who take Fuel Cells and most Renewable Energy Programmes year in, year out.
The interest is there. Oil producing African countries would have to follow this path or be left behind. The good thing is there's a growing army of Nigerians in diaspora who would help if the policies are relaxed and the Government gives the private sector complete autonomy on this like they did with the telecommunication sector which has now become so successful in Africa.
Countries should also invest in clean nuclear energy..as much wind or solar is good the future wars will be mostly on energy an clean nuclear energy is the best solution .do you know if we master the art of nuclear fusion instead of fission our oceans contain enough fuel to power us for thousands if not millions of years

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
mtis:

9000mw is much better if well utilized.... Before you start the 20000 thingy better make sure the 9000 is flowing well
sure.....they're working on it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re-Hello everyone on this topic. smiley

wendem:-
- TayserMahiri
- mtis
- shervydman
- freshest4live

• How are you guys?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hati13:

- TayserMahiri
- mtis
- shervydman
- freshest4live

• How are you guys?
we're cool.......wenedem, how are u?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
shervydman:

we're cool.......wenedem, how are u?
I'm good.

By the way, I've been active on other NL topics, but not this one.

Anything new?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hati13:

- TayserMahiri
- mtis
- shervydman
- freshest4live

• How are you guys?

We're still doing fine wendem. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.