Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6189298 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Of course our textile export global brands to US of A...worth nearly half a billion dollars. That is a fact. The other fact is we also buy back second hand clothes from US. So we can sell them Calvin Klein for 100 dollars..and buy it back at 10 dollars...after a season or two...

Of course many countries want to end the second hand clothes trade - it's not dignifying - Rwanda has done it - but US are threatening to torpedo the whole AGOA if we won't take their hands-me-down and last season dead stock.

And yeah kenya need to learn from nigeria...in wearing their own clothes..but not african prints please..every day. We simply should get out of the undignified business of second hand clothes.

Daejoyoung:

But you started this whole textile debate to show that Kenya is far better at it, and that Nigeria is all about oil and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Yes I have to agree - there is nothing the congolese love than fashion and music. They don't give a damn about anything else.They don't care about their country going to the dogs - as long as they can look good!dance to their music! and eat their curry!
Well Nigeria cares for fashion and music, but also information tech, Entrepreneurship and what have you. But for the Nigerian people(not the Government) the country would be way worse than Yemen.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Dream on. We are aiming at south Africa. There is nothing we can learn from Nigeria or aim for. Our growth is broad-based and solid.

15yrs ago our economy was $12B - and after growing it consistently for 15yrs at 5-6%- now it's at $80B (not cooked). Now if grow at same rate - and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't - we don't depend on one or two sectors - then in 15yrs - around 2033 - our GDP should be $550B (NOT COOKED) - and I think South Africa - will be around there too...because their growth is anemic and they have serious structural issues to resolve.

If South Africa are not carefully - we may reach them in 10yrs time.

15yrs ago - South Africa economy was $175B - now it's 317B - they have just nearly doubled! While we have grown ours nearly 7 times - without cooking!

15yra go - Nigeria GDP was believeable at $85B - now it's crazy overcooked at $400B

Therefore my projection is that in 15yrs now - Kenya will be Africa leading economy at $650B - followed by South Africa at 600B - with Nigeria okay still just being Nigeria !!!

Take a small break now bro.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
Arguments are becoming too irrelevant.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
And so while we export nearly half billion dollars worth of textile to US - we import about the same as second hand clothes (about 100,000 tonnes ) - or 4,000 trucks of clothes- worth about 100M usd.

So maybe there is something to learn about Nigeria prints smiley But kenyans are so used to western clothing - I don't think they can wear multi-colored print everyday - so we will continue wearing second hand or last season clothes dumped to us from the US.

The urban Kenyan woman is increasingly appreciating the Nigerian prints and designs as you need to see the volumes of fabrics coming into Nairobi from Lagos on a weekly basis.

There is a quiet influx of Nigerian trained tailors into Nairobi, then sew in their apartments and some sharp minded Kenyans buy off from them and upload for sale on Kilimani mums etc after the Nigerian has made a healthy profitcheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sounds great. I think like polythene bag; we just need to eventually bite the bullet and ban second hand clothes. It will unlock lot more jobs - tailors and such - than EPZ that we export to US. The US i doubt can cut AGOA coz we refuse to buy their hand-me-down.
Pavore9:

The urban Kenyan woman is increasingly appreciating the Nigerian prints and designs as you need to see the volumes of fabrics coming into Nairobi from Lagos on a weekly basis.

There is a quiet influx of Nigerian trained tailors into Nairobi, then sew in their apartments and some sharp minded Kenyans buy off from them and upload for sale on Kilimani mums etc after the Nigerian has made a healthy profitcheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
See our nigerian giant banks

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

First you say Nigeria is nothing and doesn't produce anything compared to Kenya, then when we prove you wrong you try to use our size as an excuse?

The only people trying to rubbish another country as nothing to satisfy their inferiority complex here are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
You need to understand how to analyze data - one outlier - is nothing to shout about. Secondly GTBANK is not that bigger than our top banks. Our banks are Africa (actually world) fastest growing.

As of 2017 - KCB was about $9B dollars in assets & Equity at 7B - and was only below 4 nigeria banks - who are howevering around $12B(AccessBank), $13B(GTBank),$14B(FirstBank) and 21$(Zenith).

Now if you check the growth rate of kenya banks - KCB (grew by 25% - Equity 12%) - then without doubt you know in 2018-2020 - Both Equity and KCB(most definitely) - will be better than all Nigeria banks - SAVE for Zenith Bank. The kenya bank growth is solid...amongst the highest global growth rate the last many years.

So KCB by this year if it's grows at 20-25% - will obviously overtake ACESS and GTBANK smiley - and by 2019 - FirstBank - and then 2 more years - and Zenith Bank will be seeing KCB back - and Equity - and lot more like Cooperative Bank of Kenya (who already joined the global 1000 banks). And we won't force any of our 45 banks to merge - like South Africa or Nigeria - because the banking market requires small, medium, and large banks - we are in fact licensing more and more banks.

We'll still be here! Naijjans bookmark this post.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
While still on banking - as far as total country's banking asset - Nigeria (2017) is $90B dollars (N33 trillion)- and kenya is $40 billion (kshs 4 trillion) - and Kenya banks are growing so fast - just where is this $500B gorillla giant? with 200M people and world's 3% of petrodollars grin grin grin grin grin

I mean your total banking assets is $90B dollars and ours is $40B dollars. COOKED GDP. Over-cooked GDP will not impress anybody.

South Africa who don't cook their GDP - have about $300B total bank assets. Just one bank STANBANK of South Africa total bank assets is equal to the GIANT's 18-22 BANKS -$86B versus 90B

Come on NIGERIA. SMELL THE COFFEE!! The evidence is overwhelming and stop throwing around fake fake fake fake GDP of LAGOS and Nigeria.

Kenya ambition is South Africa. We respect South Africans and Egyptians - who are most definitely in the second world. Not lying Nigerians - a primitive third world country that relies on CRUDE OIL. If ETHIOPIA ever agrees to privatize/liberize it's banking sector - boy - we will be aiming at SOUTH AFRICA - not useless NIGERIA. Our banks are just circling Ethiopia ..and have already entered the Nigeria sibling DRC Congo smiley

Can someone,anyone explain the obvious discrepancy? How does Dangoteland with 4x our pop and that hilarious GDP have a total banking asset only 2x ours!?

Can any Naijjan venture a logical explanation,PLEASE!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nobody is defending Nigeria, we are only saying Kenya is not at Nigeria's level yet, maybe you'll get there with the help of the lndians and whites who dominate your business space, and with your potential via tourism but at the moment Kenya is still too small.
what an annihilation!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya exports textile and apparels - worth 500M dollars ($0.5B) to US of A annually. The jeans or other clothes you buy in the US - chance are they are from Kenya or Mauritus or Lesotho or Bangladesh. Next time try to read the label - you'll see MADE IN KENYA.

As for long story of Benin & Togo - I don't know how to respond to that - smiley sound like total chaos - we have porous border with Somalia and they do sneak in lots of goods - but it's nothing - worth worrying about on the large scale.

stories for the gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
In our village - we have Africa if not the world biggest manufacture of fly fishing hooks - my friend actually owns the company. How is making syringes relevant to the debate here?

I also know 2 makers-we're the number one maker of fishing flies globally. THAT'S FACT NOT COOKED DATA!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
NairobiWalker:

The only people trying to rubbish another country as nothing to satisfy their inferiority complex here are Nigerians.
please who exactly is Nigeria inferior too?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
trevortom:
I have seen this thread of Nigerians Vs Kenyans for quite sometime and decided to contribute....

I believe everyone has a right to their Opinion and belief. However, sometimes opinion is an indicator of mindset but not actual fact. As a Kenyan, I find it strange and funny that 98% of people in this debate have neither visited Nigeria or Kenya. In this regard, it begs to ask whether it is really a debate on the state of affairs of these two countries or are we seeking a place from which we can build our fragile esteems.
As individuals we should always aspire to be greater and better than we are but not than other people. So as much as my countrymen came to this blog with the intention of representing the true image of our country, I think the reason for their patriotic action has been lost along the way. It is a well known fact, that Nigeria has known issues and so is Kenya. But what I see here is not who is better than who but who is worse than who. I may be insulted for these but hey If you are a true Kenyan, then let go of this urge to show Kenya as being better than Nigeria. For if Kenya and Nigeria are in the same situation then, is it really wise to compare and contrast amongst the two?
Tribalism, politics, education etc have made us distort patriotism and selfish pride. It is a selfish pride and emptiness that is driving the arguments that are in this debate. For all I care, I love my country with all our perfectness and Imperfections. To this I believe we are only comparable to ourselves. By these I mean that, If as Kenyans we can look at our country yesterday vs Today and can see a change, then we have a basis for comparison.
We then must strive to compete between the old and new Kenya but not vs other countries. I understand that sometimes for national pride competition exists. But shall we compete here on this platform when in the real world we are nowhere to be seen? Are we this quick to deal with corrupt officials and ideologies? Are we this quick to bring and seek the true facts regarding particular scandals? Are we this quick and unrelenting to seek and adhere to justice?
As a Kenyan I can just say, we are only comparable and answerable to ourselves. Seeking to show others what we have done is a confirmation of the low esteem by which we seek approval and affirmation, using the false pretense of pride and in the name of defending our country.

Thank You smiley smiley smiley smiley
unbaised. God bless u and your generation
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
is it Kenya that Nigeria wants to be inferior to :/ abi bawo?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
We don't believe in the government of Nigeria, you asss. Maybe you once did and they frustrated you,I can't say but we can see you are frustrated. What the Nigerian guys here are defending is that despite bad governance, Nigerians are pulling themselves up with their shoe laces and making impacts in Nigeria and Africa. It might interest you to know that among Kenya's 43 banks two are owned by Nigerians and[b] Kenya itself has been cooking its GDP and stats badly.[/b] They are worse off apart from northern Nigeria which has turned itself to an albatross. I wonder what you as a youth has done to help Nigeria other than to moan and attack Nigeria.

I insist on the evidence,sir! I do know the IMF/WB are actually harsh with their figures in that they they count our self employed farm workers as 'jobless.'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
samsobo24:
you continue to showcase your deficient knowledge.I only used that as a meme.

AND

Moreover,we are very proud of our local attire that we now export different styles and fabrics to Europe and the world.
Our politicians put on Native wears,Bankers,Teachers,Civil servants etc put on Native dresses at least Weekends.

Unlike those your politicians who feel inferior putting on native wears.
u don finished the inferior dude
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

But you started this whole textile debate to show that Kenya is far better at it, and that Nigeria is all about oil and nothing else.
He a confused fellow
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
trevortom:
I have seen this thread of Nigerians Vs Kenyans for quite sometime and decided to contribute....

I believe everyone has a right to their Opinion and belief. However, sometimes opinion is an indicator of mindset but not actual fact. As a Kenyan, I find it strange and funny that 98% of people in this debate have neither visited Nigeria or Kenya. In this regard, it begs to ask whether it is really a debate on the state of affairs of these two countries or are we seeking a place from which we can build our fragile esteems.
As individuals we should always aspire to be greater and better than we are but not than other people. So as much as my countrymen came to this blog with the intention of representing the true image of our country, I think the reason for their patriotic action has been lost along the way. It is a well known fact, that Nigeria has known issues and so is Kenya. But what I see here is not who is better than who but who is worse than who. I may be insulted for these but hey If you are a true Kenyan, then let go of this urge to show Kenya as being better than Nigeria. For if Kenya and Nigeria are in the same situation then, is it really wise to compare and contrast amongst the two?
Tribalism, politics, education etc have made us distort patriotism and selfish pride. It is a selfish pride and emptiness that is driving the arguments that are in this debate. For all I care, I love my country with all our perfectness and Imperfections. To this I believe we are only comparable to ourselves. By these I mean that, If as Kenyans we can look at our country yesterday vs Today and can see a change, then we have a basis for comparison.
We then must strive to compete between the old and new Kenya but not vs other countries. I understand that sometimes for national pride competition exists. But shall we compete here on this platform when in the real world we are nowhere to be seen? Are we this quick to deal with corrupt officials and ideologies? Are we this quick to bring and seek the true facts regarding particular scandals? Are we this quick and unrelenting to seek and adhere to justice?
As a Kenyan I can just say, we are only comparable and answerable to ourselves. Seeking to show others what we have done is a confirmation of the low esteem by which we seek approval and affirmation, using the false pretense of pride and in the name of defending our country.

Not to throw shade but really,nigga! Kenya of 2013 and 2018 are 2 different countries! And no,correcting misinfo and false beliefs isn't low self esteem.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
is it not the same Kenya that Lagos has a bigger economy than , probably twice Kenya's economy ?

is it not d same Kenya that is irrelevant to Africa and Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Not to throw shade but really,nigga! Kenya of 2013 and 2018 are 2 different countries! And no,correcting misinfo and false beliefs isn't low self esteem.
SMH
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

You said what have I done for nigeria. Well in 1998 I came back to nigeria to invest in my home country my investment was going well. I was out forming the locals because of my experience in a lot of african countries and countries out of africa and then nigerians as usual become jealous the mentality is to destroy and give everything to a illiterate or criminal. That is what exactly they did, today where I was investing there is nothing happening there for about 15 years now. The criminal they gave the investment to knows nothing so I pack my bags and when to invest in other in other african countries contribute to other african countries. My work has paid off with 5 houses in other african cities. I now look at people where I was investing in nigeria in poverty. Why a lot of people having a hard time in the country off mine because they cannot learn how do u kick all your industries company and factory out of the country to build other countries and Then choose to follow a criminal .the way you make your bed so you lie on it
I am also in private business and its not too bad -in the same Nigeria where you felt everyone was against you. By the way, I don't really understand your story. Maybe if you cool down to type. There are opportunities across Africa but due to size and diversity Nigeria trumps most African countries. Sorry for your frustration though.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Let take Yemi Kale's cooked stats at it HIGHEST. Oil & related as of 2017 Q2 account for 65% of export - and the rest is Sesame, Soya Beens & shrimps.
[img]https://images.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2017/9/2017_9$large_Nigeria_records_rise_in_non-oil_export.jpg[/img]

Also if you use 2013 data here -in 2Q - total value of non-oil export to Ecowas is mere 375m - with 40% of it manufactured - so that is about $150M - or $450M - per annum is the best they could!.
[img]https://www.proshareng.com/userfiles/11(18).jpg[/img]

That is the best the GIANT can do - in manufactured exports - I think kenya export of manufactured table salt alone is $100M plus grin grin.

If I am not wrong Nigeria export of manufactured goods will struggle to hit 1B dollars - Kenya is in my guestimate doing around 3B dollars worth of export of manufactured goods - or about half of the 5-6B dollars of total export.

And you now know why Nigeria is scared to sign the Africa Free Trade. Outside CRUDE OIL - there is nothing going on in there.

True talk!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Sounds great. I think like polythene bag; we just need to eventually bite the bullet and ban second hand clothes. It will unlock lot more jobs - tailors and such - than EPZ that we export to US. The US i doubt can cut AGOA coz we refuse to buy their hand-me-down.
Trust me, US will do that. Do you remember how EU increased import taxes after Kenya delayed signing onto the EPAs? US are more brutal in trade negotiations.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

We'll still be here! Naijjans bookmark this post.
I wish you long life,bro. Maybe Kenyan banks will catch up with the nigerian banks by the time you are 199years old.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
I wish you long life,bro. Maybe Kenyan banks will catch up with the nigerian banks by the time you are 199years old.
lol ah ah 199 yrs pity am na 165 is good lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
trevortom:

You wrote like a wise educated elder. First of all if you were familiar with nairaland and Nigeria itself, you would notice that we are our own greatest critics. Nigeria (I exclude the government here) competes against itself. We taunt ourselves daily and it drives our private sector which is dominated by the southerners anyway. We compare Nigeria of today with that of yesterday and we are not comfortable with where we are. These are the things that drive us. But I can see it's not the same with your brothers here..They are burying their heads in the sand. They have already started attacking you for being objective and for not attacking Nigeria like the rest of them. Their inferiority complex is so glaring for all to see. Meanwhile there is a Nigerian running amuck here posting rubbish about Nigeria, by the name suffernsmiling,you will notice how no Nigerian has insulted him back. But your insecure brothers are already angry with you. I dedicate this video to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuwyZoo6ia8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
You wrote like a wise educated elder. First of all if you were familiar with nairaland and Nigeria itself, you would notice that we are our own greatest critics. Nigeria (I exclude the government here) competes against itself. We taunt ourselves daily and it drives our private sector which is dominated by the southerners anyway. We compare Nigeria of today with that of yesterday and we are not comfortable with where we are. These are the things that drive us. But I can see it's not the same with your brothers here..They are burying their heads in the sand. They have already started attacking you for being objective and for not attacking Nigeria like the rest of them. Their inferiority complex is so glaring for all to see. Meanwhile there is a Nigerian running amuck here posting rubbish about Nigeria, by the name suffernsmiling,you will notice how no Nigerian has insulted him back. But your insecure brothers are already angry with you. I dedicate this video to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuwyZoo6ia8
nice video ,when that RSVP guy watches d video he will say d guy "cooked up facts " lol especially d part where he said Lagos economy is huge cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
EAC will soon be completed and become d most advanced mega city in Africa and will be among d world best cities , Kenyans will come and say its a lie that we "cooked up the city" dangote is building one of d largest refineries in d world in Lagos when its done + EAC Lagos economy wud be larger than the whole east Africa +southern Africa combined

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Grow up little kid and jump to another thread. There must be a sections for dung flies like you?

you must be crazy to call another man kid.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
jason14:
nice video ,when that RSVP guy watches d video he will say d guy "cooked up facts " lol especially d part where he said Lagos economy is huge cheesy

shvt the fvck up...suicid my foot....

we africans dont give a blue shitt about japan.... angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.