Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44442 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

You had to modify my original comment to drive home your point.
Pathetic much?
I didn't modify your comment.

You went bonkers about "inhabitants going extinct" in some states. That seems to infer your state have "inhabitants booming with prosperity" of some sort.
Unfortunately, you admitted to having some semblance of under development.

If you look at critically, you are not in any way better off unless you want to hold on to the hypocritic mindset of being Nigerian.

My take is simple, Living in Makoko in Lagos does not make you any different from somebody living in a slum in Bayelsa.

Under-development cut across board, some just glorify theirs
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Sealeddeal(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
So South Westerners also want to lay claim to Eastern Palm oil? So they love oyel now and no more Cocoa?.Those people

5 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by playboy99(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

This is my problem with you Nsukabaggers. So now prize is prize eh cheesy It's no more "nobel price" cheesy

If to say I no bust you now, you for don go spread nonsense to your fellow gala boys. No wonder y'all
own 85% of Lagos grin cheesy Na part of the bullshit wey una dey always tell unaselves for village be that

Nobel price ko, Nobel commodity ni.

Next time, if you have no evidence to back up your comment, don't bother to reply me. Okaaaaay?

You said Yorubas are no longer in the top 3 of the states with the most professors. FINE

Is the link you posted the evidence?

If you have a PDF document of the NUC report, post it. If you don't have it, don't reply me

nice one dere ariwo ko ni music simple n straight.

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

This is my problem with you Nsukabaggers. So now prize is prize eh cheesy It's no more "nobel price" cheesy

If to say I no bust you now, you for don go spread nonsense to your fellow gala boys. No wonder y'all
own 85% of Lagos grin cheesy Na part of the bullshit wey una dey always tell unaselves for village be that

Nobel price ko, Nobel commodity ni.

Next time, if you have no evidence to back up your comment, don't bother to reply me. Okaaaaay?

You said Yorubas are no longer in the top 3 of the states with the most professors. FINE

Is the link you posted the evidence?

If you have a PDF document of the NUC report, post it. If you don't have it, don't reply me

Noble is an adjective so spare me this empty critics. I can choose any adjective to qualify my nouns and that's not your business or you gonna ask me for links tomorrow when I choose to call it dignity prize? Rubbish

Meanwhile, I better end the conversion here BC I don't have time for lazy asses if you can't do a Research for yourself so be it and is none of my business...

If you like continue living in the past( that the highest professors in Nigeria is from your village in ekiti) while the present keeps running away from your reach...
The news is already at the mainstream media if you need for evidence about it follow the lead I gave you.

Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jara: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Very soon you are going ask for evidence or claim that only the EAST produce PALM WINE! Is there any part of the West without palm trees? In which country did you grow up?
Ikechukwu48:

Provide EVIDENCE!!!!

I'll wait

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by dalass(f): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
You never fed us but yourselves!. South west fed itself and even built cocoa house from the change...Where is your own "Palm of oil house o"

That is not the reason I made this thread.

I just wanted to highlight that over 100yrs ago the Niger Delta has been feeding you.
[/quote]

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by DaPuncline: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
Simple answers:

1) If you have travelled out of your current enclave before, the first question is self-explanatory unless you want to imply people or from the East or colonial masters were not travelling or doing business pre-NigerBridge construction. But that is your choice to believe.

2) The same way the old lie was sold to us about the groundnut pyramids and cocoa building oil installations when regionalism was in place as you rightly observed. It depends on which side of the lie pendulum [/i]you reside.

3) This question seem to suggest you don't know what the current clamour for restructuring is all about because that is the [i]whole idea
: Not feeding the country

Hope some sort of credence is achieved with the answers offered
1). Since they (colonial masters) were traveling and doing business before pre-niger bridge construction, so why following lagos route and ignored the route that linked them directly to the eastern region which facilitated their business ? Don't even stress yourself bro, one of your folks said you people used steam engine truck: to cross the niger river ? Lol..
2). So you mean the oil pyramid and cocoa cultivation never existed ?
3). Since you said you guys were feeding us then, even when each regions were dependent on their own farm produce and natural resources, so why calling for restructuring now ? I don't get you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
zheroes:
@ op, APCharam or whatever your name is: kindly tell me the reason your brought up this thread?? Is it to prove that one region feeds the entire nation? If it is then I have a message for you;

If you are married and you the man gets a job that pays you 200million annually, do you come home to brag to your wife that you re earning so much and that YOUR family is poor without you? Same applies to the woman. So I don't understand all this rant about region. When nigerian won bronze in the just concluded olympics may be kelechi iheanacho should have said the money from the japanese mogul should come to him alone since he scored the goal.

The earlier every region recognises that we are alll irrespective of tribe married and remain a family called NIGERIA, the better for us.

We will remain one.
Abeg shift. when fulanis cowmen are killing our people in their land, with the vested interest of taking over their land, you
re still claiming we are one. We are not one biko.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by obaaderemi: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
So in other words, there is a log of wood in your eyes but you want to remove a speck in another's.

And you hold your leaders accountable with curses upon curses Really that's the most advanced way of accountability?

Niger Delta need to learn from you guys

I give up
Yes,u need to learn from them.they have cocoa house to show for their trouble[built proudly with cocoa money well managed long ago]pls kindly point out ur own 'palm oil house.'i dont know why u guys always do this?how can a sane person open a thread and claim they have been feeding the whole country?even some of the so called palm oil came from the western region and at a time when the binis were still grouped with those in the 'west.'Even when one tries hard not to respond to the tribal nonsense by some of these halfwits,they still somehow draw u out.its depressing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Noble is an adjective so spare me this empty critics. I can choose any adjective to qualify my nouns and that's not your business or you gonna ask me for links tomorrow when I choose to call it dignity prize? Rubbish

Meanwhile, I better end the conversion here BC I don't have time for lazy asses if you can't do a Research for yourself so be it and is none of my business...

If you like continue living in the past( that the highest professors in Nigeria is from your village in ekiti) while the present keeps running away from your reach...
The news is already at the mainstream media if you need for evidence about it follow the lead I gave you.

Goodbye.

You're retar......

Who is talking about the meaning of Noble. Otondo. Nobel prize is an award. It has nothing to do with nouns and
the bullshit you're talking about. We're talking about Jollof, you're talking about Einstein.

Sharaaaaap you have no conversation. You spit bullshit, I busted you grin . If I post something here and you ask me
for the evidence, I'll provide the link. I know the SE has performed better than the SW in WAEC in recent times and
there is evidence for that

Swallow your pride. We all flop but admitting you've flopped is your major problem.

There is no news in any mainstream media. If there is, you post it. I'm not your regular NLder you tell crap

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by sangresan(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
So,where is the 'oil palm' house in Enugu and Calabar?....Illiteracy is when you posted figures for just two years and start beating your chest...These people are mere noise makers..They should let us rest.

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jneutron4000: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Cool. If that will make you crawl back to the brown roof cave in ibadan where you raised your head from. cheesy
grin grin grin I never left but I just bought Gala from one of your brothers here in IB grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ritchiee: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

You thought.? Keep thoughting grin

Happy Recession Descendants Of a fallen Angel grin

grin CHARCOAL CALLING KETTLE BLACK.
YOUR COWARDLY NRI WAS A DEMOTED FALLEN ANGEL THAT LOST HIS BALLS DUE TO THE UNPRECEDENTED FALL FROM HEAVEN.GO AND READ YOUR HISTORY grin

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
As for the Nsukabagger/riverine zorros, Now that you've shown us how y'all fed the whole country in 1914, what
do you want us to do about it.

You want some Ben & Jerry's ? grin cheesy

And what do you have to show for it today?

That's a million dollar question

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1914/3064634_1914_opt.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiGyOH69YLPAhUBJMAKHe0OAM8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE8bx1PWlU-vVAQhrTxIllP50Cn-w

Saw this pdf "Annual Report 1914, Nigeria " (see link above) which showed gross revenue between the north and southern regions after one year of almagation.

Go to page 7 and see for yourself how Nigeria's greatest revenue earner at over €1million pounds ( at least 10 times higher than any commodity export even cocoa) is proof that Niger Delta and eastern Nigeria has been feeding Nigeria since almagation.

Bros, don't you think you're biased with your claim? Did you know palm oil was also grown in Ilaje, Ese-Odo, Igbokoda, Ondo, Ore, and other parts of the western region at that time (now Ondo State)? This region also contributed to that palm oil proceed you saw on the list. So, by the time you add proceeds from Timber and Cocoa to that of palm oil from the western region, you'd realise the figure is huge. In addition, the reason for the low proceeds from cocoa in that year was due to the fact that at that time, cocoa's introduction to Nigerian soil by the colonialists was less than 2 decades old. Subsequently, we learnt that cocoa proceeds overtook all others, 2 decades later due to mass production. Did you know that proceeds from cocoa alone, excluding timber's were used to establish University of Ife, UCH( the 3rd largest teaching hospital in the whole of commonwealth countries at a time) among others? In mid 40s, cocoa took over as Nigeria's cash cow . I'm sure you know Yorubas are known for timber and cocoa and this dates back to pre-amalgamation era.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
So what is the point of this thread?
1914 was just one year, and according to Regionalism, you keep 50% to yourself.

Which country in this world does all regions generate the same level id revenue?
So you hear them say that they are feeding the country?

The mentality of the black man is indeed bleeped up

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ugosample:
So what is the point of this thread?
1914 was just one year, and according to Regionalism, you keep 50% to yourself.

Which country in this world does all regions generate the same level id revenue?
So you hear them say that they are feeding the country?

The mentality of the black man is indeed bleeped up
There is a fundamental difference between palm oil and crude oil.
The palm oil belongs to the farmer not the government. So the proceeds of the sale of the palm oil goes to the farmer.The question of feeding anyone therefore does not arise.Palm oil export/sales DOES NOT equal government revenue

If their farmers were so prosperous selling palm oil what did they do wwith the money?
There was a company called the Royal Niger Company ,a British concern that made most of the money from palm oil but government cannot take peoples palm oil to sell and pocket the proceeds in the same way as they do crude oil

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by palladin: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hagm0nd:
The cocoa output for that year was much higher than what is written due to the fact that huge quantities hadn't been exported yet

Thanks for letting APCHaram see this.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
I didn't modify your comment.

You went bonkers about "inhabitants going extinct" in some states. That seems to infer your state have "inhabitants booming with prosperity" of some sort.
Unfortunately, you admitted to having some semblance of under development.

If you look at critically, you are not in any way better off unless you want to hold on to the hypocritic mindset of being Nigerian.

My take is simple, Living in Makoko in Lagos does not make you any different from somebody living in a slum in Bayelsa.

Under-development cut across board, some just glorify theirs

You do realize that 75% of those occupying slums like Makoko andd Ajegunle are your people?

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hagm0nd:
The cocoa output for that year was much higher than what is written due to the fact that huge quantities hadn't been exported yet
THe fact remains that cocoa was imported to Nigeria from Brazil and cultivation started in 1870s in Calabar. This was a failure. It is no surprise that cocoa took a while to take off in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
As for the Nsukabagger/riverine zorros, Now that you've shown us how y'all fed the whole country in 1914, what
do you want us to do about it.

You want some Ben & Jerry's ? grin cheesy

And what do you have to show for it today?

That's a million dollar question

Their influx into other states is crazy! Them 'DAYVAYLOPAS' cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ugosample(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
aribisala0:
There is a fundamental difference between palm oil and crude oil.
The palm oil belongs to the farmer not the government. So the proceeds of the sale of the palm oil goes to the farmer.The question of feeding anyone therefore does not arise
There was a company called the Royal Niger Company ,a British concern that made most of the money from palm oil but government cannot take peoples palm oil to sell and pocket the proceeds in the same way as they do crude oil

That is a fact that I cannot dispute.

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

Their influx into other states is crazy! Them 'DAYVAYLOPAS' cheesy

You can imagine a chitgbo calling SWsterners parasites.

Nothing wey I never see for this forum cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ugosample(m): 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
musicwriter:
Well, I'm not interested in the ethnic angle, I just want to add some information that've been plucked off the history books, because they don't want you to know.

Colonialism was about resource control and exploitation, making it possible for the colonialists (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal) e.t.c to get food and raw materials from their colonies for FREE. Our ancestors working as slaves grew everything Europeans wanted against our will. Example; when the texile industry was booming in Europe, all parts of Africa were forced to start growing cotton, because they needed more cotton for their cloth factories. This caused widespread famine, and there was starvation across Africa. Our ancestors were starving to death because they couldn't grow maize, yam, cassava, rice anymore. Instead we were forced to planting cotton, even though we didn't need it ourselves.

That's by the way................

It was only in the late 1800 century as calls for abolition of slavery intensified that they began paying ''peanuts'' for the raw materials. Therefore, if Lord Lugard reported £1 million for palm oil, be informed the real worth would be any where between £5 million- £10 million.

And if Lugard told you £100,000 for cocoa or groundnut, be informed the real value would be any where between £500,000 - £1 million. Slavery meant absolute possession. Colonization meant exploitation.

Prices were set by Europeans, so our ancestors had no say how much we wanted to sell our palm oil, cocoa, groundnut, tin, e.t.c. They were no bargaining or haggling as you would expect in a normal market setting today. They just weigh your stuff and pay how much they feel comfortable with.

That's how Britain, France, Portugal, Spain, got rich. And that's why we got poor.

I have writen songs around all these. Pray I get a record label and I'll use music to open up the minds of Africans.

Note:
Fortunately, this extreme greed by Europeans was a major contributory reason our ancestors fought for their freedom/independence.

There is no doubt that Indeed, Africa was cheated.
That one is not in doubt.
But my question is.....
Now that we have a new generation of skilled and enlightened Africans, why haven't we improved our lot as a people?

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Michel2013: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Mr. Man stop spewing trash.

Why is the SW celebrating cocoa instead of oil palm?

I have looked into the Report of 1911 (check page 16) and you will see an average earnings for the past 5yrs up starting from 1907 to 1911 and Nigeria earned an average of just €85,000 from cocoa. See it for yourself.

So how come You made €900,000 from palm export and we only hear you guys beating your flat chest about cocoa?

Stop your lies Abeg !

Can you point to Palm Oil house in Ibadan ?

You can lie for satan I swear!

And finally cocoa was also farmed in present day Delta state (my state ), Akwa Ibom, Rivers and also Calabar.

So if we go by your own logic then Niger Delta made half of that paltry 5yr average earnings of €85,000.

You people should stop giving Yorubas a bad name with your jealousy, envy and outright lies.
[b]

Truth is like pregnancy which can never be hidden forever especially at this internet age.
nigeria govt has tried their fruitless efforts to intimidate history but no amount of denial can expunge facts of nigeria history.it was due to huge importance of palm oil that old eastern region was initiately called oil river protectorate but later merged with up west as southern protectorate for purpose of administration. nigeria has debased the significant role of old eastern region in history of nigeria development since after the civil war that is why true information is not taught in our schools.they keep boasting how cocoa and groundnut pyramid were the major revenue sources of nigeria then. malaysia saw this huge revenue potential in palm oil that is why they imported our palm seedlings today malaysia is better of for it.

there is another fact in this document,if you look closely at southern map you will also see the Bight of Biafra which nigeria has been in denial. this can tell how nigeria has sacrificed meritocracy to mediocrity as long as it suits her purpose ,which is the bane of nigeria state till today.it is this that explains the emergence of a dullard illiterate president we have today in 21 century. one thing i know is that when we keep teaching our children the distorted history of nigeria we end producing half baked historians.[/b]
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by CandyDiamond(f): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
SS/SE feeding the parasitic SW/North since the days of John the Babtist, no wonder they glue their hand and leg with super glue on one Nigeria like ant liking sugar.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
CandyDiamond:
SS/SE feeding the parasitic SW/North since the days of John the Babtist, no wonder they glue their hand and leg with super glue on one Nigeria like ant liking sugar.

Aunty, I'm particularly interested in the emboldened.

Who do the SE feed today?

What does the SE contribute to the FA today?

Who is more of the parasite between the SEasterners and the SWsterners today?

Please don't tell me bullshit about what happened in 1914. Reason why I mentioned "today" at the end of
every sentence

Thanks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by harbibi: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!
. can you imagine! These bunch of ignoramus and untruthful people should please shut up and at least be grateful and say thank you for God to bless this country with such a region, the people of such region should be treated with ultra respect instead of taking them for granted.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Michel2013:

[b]

Truth is like pregnancy which can never be hidden forever especially at this internet age.
nigeria govt has tried their fruitless efforts to intimidate history but no amount of denial can expunge facts of nigeria history.it was due to huge importance of palm oil that old eastern region was initiately called oil river protectorate but later merged with up west as southern protectorate for purpose of administration. nigeria has debased the significant role of old eastern region in history of nigeria development since after the civil war that is why true information is not taught in our schools.they keep boasting how cocoa and groundnut pyramid were the major revenue sources of nigeria then. malaysia saw this huge revenue potential in palm oil that is why they imported our palm seedlings today malaysia is better of for it.

there is another fact in this document,if you look closely at southern map you will also see the Bight of Biafra which nigeria has been in denial. this can tell how nigeria has sacrificed meritocracy to mediocrity as long as it suits her purpose ,which is the bane of nigeria state till today.it is this that explains the emergence of a dullard illiterate president we have today in 21 century. one thing i know is that when we keep teaching our children the distorted history of nigeria we end producing half baked historians.[/b]

First of all let us separate geography from Sentiment

The most important oil producing states based on today;s map would be Edo,Delta,Akwa Ibom Rivers,Abia,Imo,Cross River and Anambra,Ondo.

This thread was started on the Premise that Delta states "FED" Nigeria and mischievously changed
It simply reflects trade with the UK. Were people starving before Colonialism. ?
It is a fundamental misunderstanding that is ubiquitous now that exports are the only way to prosperity or that those who are not exporting must be suffering. I wont debate that here but the figures do not indicate anyway that the east was exporting more than the west anyway
Palm oil is private property . If it is sold the owners must be prosperous and there must be some evidence of that in development. Why then was Lagos better developed in 1898 than Calabar?
Why was there more investment in a rail network to Ogbomoshao and thence to Nguru and why not in the East ?? why why why indeed

Prior to 1906 There were no states and much of Igbo land did not even recognize the authority of the white man over them. The white man drew his maps in Europe but did not dominate the entire Nigerian space. That is "History" Sombody is citing 1914 figures of "Nigeria" . The question is this . When did the British finaly pacify militarily the Igbos? To the best of my knowledge this was not before 1914 e.g refer to the Ekumeku War. The other point is that it was the Royal Niger Company that dominated the East and yes their major business was palm oil. They were not as strong in the Colony of Lagos( The Colony simply means what we now know as SW and parts of Edo state. Again there were no maps as such and the space was never "fully pacified"
So what record do we have . There are,prior to 1914, Colonial reports for the Colony and Southern Nigeria SEPARATELY. These reports reflect recorded exports and imports by Colonial Power and the figures are comparable but we must hold clearly in out minds what these terms meant ie Colony and Southern Nigeria. Lagos was the "capital" of Colony and Calabar was the Capital of Southern Nigeria which merged in 1906 with Lagos as capital from day one.

What are the figures
http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

compare and contrast
http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria_opt.pdf

You are too emotional. What is all this nonsense about a dullard? and Bight of Biafra? What does it mean and what is its relevance?

5 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LoveDecay(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
The data is inconclusive. Just one year of data cannot be used as a yard stick to judge the contribution of one region over another.

If someone can provide a good timeline, not less than 5 years. It would be great but this does not mean a thing to an educated man.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
LoveDecay:
The data is inconclusive. Just one year of data cannot be used as a yard stick to judge the contribution of one region over another.

If someone can provide a good timeline, not less than 5 years. It would be great but this does not mean a thing to an educated man.
The data is there I provided it already on this thread there are Colonial reports going back more than a decade before 1914 SEPARATE for the East and the West

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by GMbuharii: 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!
sad thing is that the SS and SE have got little or nothing to show for it!
And when they protest,for their God-given rights,soldiers are sent to kill them...and when they are pushed to the wall and forced to pick up arms,crocodile and aligator smiles...and the next thing you here on here,nairaland is zombies and children of hate scream "KILL THEM ALL".

i so much hate this kind of nigeria. I reject this typa'nigeria.
Un should ensure justice.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mechanics , Touts, Hotels Tops Beneficiaries Of Lagos Island Flood / Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Oyetola Refuses To Congratulate Adeleke, Sends Message To Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.