Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,541 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44448 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by EzeNri(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2016
Actually I used to think it was cocoa and groundnut.

Thanks APCHaram
Keep busting their lies. Yet the greatest thing to EVER happened to this country was frustrated out by the blood sucking demons and slum dwelling brown roofers.

God dey sha.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Reason being that Lagos is more closer to the Atlantic and serve as an easier and flexible way to do it but thats old ways... New ways are on the way...

There is no new way bro, lagos will continue being the only and most economical port in the country as long as Nigeria stand. I'm sure you know there are two other additional port coming up (lekkI and badgry port). This does not mean I dont want other region to have functional port though....

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by chrisie: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1914/3064634_1914_opt.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiGyOH69YLPAhUBJMAKHe0OAM8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE8bx1PWlU-vVAQhrTxIllP50Cn-w

Saw this pdf "Annual Report 1914, Nigeria " (see link above) which showed gross revenue between the north and southern regions after one year of almagation.

Go to page 7 and see for yourself how Nigeria's greatest revenue earner at over €1million pounds ( at least 10 times higher than any commodity export even cocoa) is proof that Niger Delta and eastern Nigeria has been feeding Nigeria since almagation.

You see, Midwest a major producer of palm oil and timber was part of western Nigeria and so they contributed to development of the west

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by wristbangle: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2016
Winning123:
You folks rejoice over nothing. Aren't you suppose to do self retrospection. Your region has been producing the resources since amalgamation yet it is backward than the north and SW in terms of development, education etc. I have never seen people who are patrinizes themselves as Niger Delta people. I also expected this to enegize us, not to be rejoicing on lost glory. What a shame.

Excellent and Apt comment. No one could have said it better the way you just did.

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2016
Yes you guys import it from the east,yet export nothing,and not only palm oil,crayfish too,we can actually do without the waste
989900:
A shame we now import palm oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2016
leahcimzil:
until we learn to hold the right people responsible, there won't be any progression for us. See this guy now making noise bout Niger Delta feeding the whole nation. yu are making the wrong noise man. Of all the afore listed raw materials, how many do we still export? why not hold the government responsible fr this deterioation. the fight is not against yur fellow compatriots from other regions of the country. It is against the government past and present that is playing this tribal politics tune, knowing you'll dance to it. Please EMANCIPATE yourself and see beyond

Thank you bros. The youths keep fighting away their lives off/online while our yam eaters polithieveans laugh at us.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by rozayx5(m): 11:44am On Sep 10, 2016
this apcharam dude is heartless

dude just wanna kill zombies grin
cc
decibel
beebeeooh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2016
Winning123:
You folks rejoice over nothing. Aren't you suppose to do self retrospection. Your region has been producing the resources since amalgamation yet it is backward than the north and SW in terms of development, education etc. I have never seen people who are patrinizes themselves as Niger Delta people. What a shame

Lol, please stop making me to laugh out loud...

Which region is backward than the north when is obvious the region (NE) that is always last in everything civilization...

Wait oo, you mean the south west is developed too yet Nigeria is regarded as a developing country that is a third world country which is the one of the last country in terms of development...

Hollup, you talk about education yet we know which people has the highest professors (Anambra, IMO and abia). We know which region that has the highest unity school cut off marks (SE), we know which region that always tops in WASSCE and likes(SE). We know which region has made it big through contributing to education... Chike obi won a notable price in mathematics and China Achebe won same in literature more bigger than Soyinka noble prize... Emegwali created a space for modern day computing... So what have you but cheap and merely baseless propaganda...

Shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by coolzeal(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2016
Great post and saving it for future reference.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 11:51am On Sep 10, 2016
Lushore1:

There is no new way bro, lagos will continue being the only and most economical port in the country as long as Nigeria stand. I'm sure you know there are two other additional port coming up (lekkI and badgry port). This does not mean I dont want other region to have functional port though....

Then what do you mean BC is obvious you are happy with the status quo thus the chest beating...

Like I said earlier new ways are coming up...
Onitsha port, onne port, obuaku port and the rest coming into the stream...

Enugu international and cargo airport(recorded his first cargo goods this year) with the Anambra cargo airport coming into the stream also will all be a new drama to unfold...

So don't sit and relax at your gores as new thing is about to happen call it change...

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by prince985(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2016
Oh my God! wow! this explains y d army arrested d palm oil during operation crocodile smile
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by RichieF27: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2016
islandmoon:
You are always thinking like a shallow minded person, only the palm trees in ogun state alone is more than all palm trees in the entire south east, talkless of ife and osun state at large , I will not even talk about oyo state, ekiti and ondo!
If you think the palm oil is from south east, wake up from your dream! We have more than enough palm oil in the south west, we are even wasting it, the reason you people are calling us ofe manu, its your people in lagos that increased demand for it
sorry pls which Palm oil do you have? This once that can't mix between itself or this smelly oil? Is it the oils that you will export .. No hate but there is no good palm oil in the southwest even your people can tell you this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Which region is backward than the north when is obvious the region that is always last in everything civilization...

Wait oo, you mean the south west is developed too yet Nigeria is regarded as a developing country that is a third world country which is the one of the last country in terms of development...

Hollup, you talk about education yet we know which people has the highest professors. We know which state that has the highest unity school cut off marks, we know which region that always tops in WASSCE and likes. We know which region has made it big through contributing to education... Chike obi won a noble price in mathematics and China Achebe won same in literature... Emegwali created a space for modern day computing... So what have you but cheap and merely baseless propaganda...

Shame

Chike obi won a noble price in mathematics and China Achebe won same in literature... Emegwali created a space for modern day computing...

Bros!!, what type of lie is this now or y u come dey shame person like this? Emegwali created a space for modern day computing? and he left it for bill gate to make's all the monies ? Smh. I'm sure it's the same kind of space some of you guys solely claimed to create in lagos, Abuja, South africa and Malaysia. ....lol

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LorDBolton(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1914/3064634_1914_opt.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiGyOH69YLPAhUBJMAKHe0OAM8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE8bx1PWlU-vVAQhrTxIllP50Cn-w

Saw this pdf "Annual Report 1914, Nigeria " (see link above) which showed gross revenue between the north and southern regions after one year of almagation.

Go to page 7 and see for yourself how Nigeria's greatest revenue earner at over €1million pounds ( at least 10 times higher than any commodity export even cocoa) is proof that Niger Delta and eastern Nigeria has been feeding Nigeria since almagation.

#1-First ND and eastern nigeria comprise many states show us the break down of the states that "really" contributed to this oil transfer ...why? Because
I was surprised to find palm oil plantations in osun state ayedire LG to be specific the villagers (during my nysc) in that local govt alone process it locally in large quantity so pls don't fall for the stupid notion that palm oil is only in ND n east. They also in the west tho fewer numbers so only a breakdown of each regions contribution to each sector would solve that debate.

#2- if u notice from the 1913 to 1914 indices virtually every sector(except cotton & timber) recorded growth also except ur precious palm oil which recorded a staggering 15% decrease

While:
*cocoa (8.3% growth)
* hides & skins (recording an astonishing 61% jump)
*tin (19.6% increase)

Now if we are to calculate contributions palm oil contributed 57.6% to naija revenue in 1913 more than half of our revenue.

Then 1n 1914 it contributed less than half of our revenue 47.9 %

So abeg go find 1915 and 1916 because if we are to use to growth trend of other sectors against those of palm oil then sorry palm oil was already an ailing sector.

Stop assessing figures @ face value oga. Analyse them.

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Which region is backward than the north when is obvious the region that is always last in everything civilization...

Hollup, you talk about education yet we know which people has the highest professors. We know which state that has the highest unity school cut off marks, we know which region that always tops in WASSCE and likes. We know which region has made it big through contributing to education... Chike obi won a noble price in mathematics and China Achebe won same in literature... Emegwali created a space for modern day computing... So what have you but cheap and merely baseless propaganda...

Shame

Please provide evidence for the emboldened? I'd also like to know the state with the highest number of professors

Dasall.. I no come fight oooo

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Dainfamous: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Eastern region always feeding and using our common wealth to develop regions of the parasites.
Op have expose alot of things internet is really the new modern warfare,exposing too many lies and propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by mengho(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
And yet you people cldnt even use a fraction of dat money to develop the Niger delta, I guess even in 1914 it was the northerners & southerners who are stealing ur hard earned money to develop thier regions since they are your leaders even at dat time.

Bunch of lazy shameless pipeline bombers/kidnappers/economic saboteurs kawai, fix ur leaders & urselfs & stop blaming others for ur backwardness.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Please provide evidence for the emboldened? I'd also like to know the state with the highest number of professors

Dasall.. I no come fight oooo

I will put everything up there for all to see... Check back later

As for this...

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.
Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians ▷ NAIJ.COM

https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Then what do you mean BC is obvious you are happy with the status quo thus the chest beating...

Like I said earlier new ways are coming up...
Onitsha port, onne port, obuaku port and the rest coming into the stream...

Enugu international and cargo airport(recorded his first cargo goods this year) with the Anambra cargo airport coming into the stream also will all be a new drama to unfold...

So don't sit and relax at your gores as new thing is about to happen call it change...

I'm happy that all these projects are coming up, it's good for the country but lagos will continue being the only economical viable sea port in the country. You will understand this if you are a business man...lol.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

was coming to that bro
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by ObodoJ2: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

I will put everything up there for all to see... Check back later

Nooo don't put it up there Sir.Just post it as a reply to me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

Do I need to?
Have you been to Bayelsa? There are some places that it's inhabitants are gradually going extinct.
Apart from Akwa Ibom and Calabar, forget the rest.
You see Bayelsans, just hold your leaders accountable.
You produced a President, yet his State of origin remains a piece of garbage.
Empowering militants and enriching the rich are his only achievements.
While it is always easy to insult other states to massage your sentiments.

Please tell us where you are from? Let's see the development
While at it, please name places in Bayelsa where "Humans are extinct"

Waiting sir
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by 989900: 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
movingforward:
[s]Yes you guys import it from the east,yet export nothing,and not only palm oil,crayfish too,we can actually do without the waste[/s]

Ignorance does not pass for facts; ask the CBN how much we spend yearly importing palm oil, eggs, tomatoes, and e.t.c.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lushore1:

I'm happy that all these projects are coming up, it's good for the country but lagos will continue being the only economical viable sea port in the country. You will understand this if you are a business man...lol.

I am an entrepreneur and I am not in the level of just business...

If you are enlightened you will know the reason why Lagos has her enormous population... This is solely BC of the viable ports that opened up a little development... Replicate this footprint elsewhere you will have the same result that's not even a rocket science...

So stop talking as if you are not knowledgeable and yet talking like a god.

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
rozayx5:
this apcharam dude is heartless

dude just wanna kill zombies grin
cc
dec1bel
beebee0oh
Mehn! Am coming back mehn, this is really interesting..

I've bookmarked it for future reference...

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by greatermax77(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
No be today we know that ND have been feeding the North, that is the reason why some quota system professors from north tried to change the history, that north fed the south during the groundnut piramid.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Nooo don't put it up there Sir.Just post it as a reply to me.

Thanks

Chike obi: Chike Obi (April 17, 1921 – March 13, 2008) was a Nigerian politician, mathematician and professor. The African Mathematics Union suggests that he was the first sub-Saharan African to hold a doctorate in mathematics.
Chike Obi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable awards:
http://waado.org/NigerDelta/Memorials/chike_obi_guardian.html

Chinua Achebe was a Nigerian novelist, poet, professor, and critic. His first novel Things Fall Apart is also considered his magnum opus, and is the most widely read book in modern African literature. Wikipedia

Chinua Achebe notable award: http://saharareporters.com/2010/09/24/chinua-achebe-receive-one-largest-awards-arts
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by musicwriter(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Well, I'm not interested in the ethnic angle, I just want to add some information that've been plucked off the history books, because they don't want you to know.

Colonialism was about resource control and exploitation, making it possible for the colonialists (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal) e.t.c to get food and raw materials from their colonies for FREE. Our ancestors working as slaves grew everything Europeans wanted against our will. Example; when the texile industry was booming in Europe, all parts of Africa were forced to start growing cotton, because they needed more cotton for their cloth factories. This caused widespread famine, and there was starvation across Africa. Our ancestors were starving to death because they couldn't grow maize, yam, cassava, rice anymore. Instead we were forced to planting cotton, even though we didn't need it ourselves.

That's by the way................

It was only in the late 1800 century as calls for abolition of slavery intensified that they began paying ''peanuts'' for the raw materials. Therefore, if Lord Lugard reported £1 million for palm oil, be informed the real worth would be any where between £5 million- £10 million.

And if Lugard told you £100,000 for cocoa or groundnut, be informed the real value would be any where between £500,000 - £1 million. Slavery meant absolute possession. Colonization meant exploitation.

Prices were set by Europeans, so our ancestors had no say how much we wanted to sell our palm oil, cocoa, groundnut, tin, e.t.c. They were no bargaining or haggling as you would expect in a normal market setting today. They just weigh your stuff and pay how much they feel comfortable with. Its probably from here the commodity market evolved, because global price of gold, tin, cocoa, wheat, e.t.c is still being determined in London till this day.

That's how Britain, France, Portugal, Spain, got rich. And that's why we got poor.

I have writen songs around all these. Pray I get a record label and I'll use music to open up the minds of Africans.

Note:
Fortunately, this extreme greed by Europeans was a major contributory reason our ancestors fought for their freedom/independence.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by rhymaster: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

Cocoa, groundnut, tin, and every other commodity sourced from other parts of Nigeria combined does not even smell the revenue generated from palm oil

Lolz.

Palm oil was NEVER the preserve of the SE or SS, it was in the SW as well! That number is the culmination of all all export of Palm Oil across the SW, SE and SS. Otherwise, show me the breakdown of the percentage of each region in the South! If you add the oil component and others from the SW, you will see that your argument, divisive nonetheless, is dead on arrival!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
While it is always easy to insult other states to massage your sentiments.

Please tell us where you are from? Let's see the development

Waiting sir

Miss.... okay?
Even if where I hail from isn't highly developed, you do not see or hear us blame other regions for our under development.
We hold our leaders accountable with curses upon curses. We hang them out to dry, disgrace them on social media.
Your own leaders cannot be touched with a Ten-inch pole. Y'all scream witch-hunting whereas they are responsible for your woes.
Have some rest. I don't see myself replying you anymore.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar And Ademola Adeleke / Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.