Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,366 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44441 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Who is we?you n who? I'm from the east n it never existed,i have enough palm oil more than enough that i can export to you
989900:

Ignorance does not pass for facts; ask the CBN how much we spend yearly importing palm oil, eggs, tomatoes, and e.t.c.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by 989900: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
movingforward:
Who is we?you n who? I'm from the east n it never existed,i have enough palm oil more than enough that i can export to you

That moment when ignorance is bliss ^^.

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by rhektor(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!

And who and what told you that the palm oil was from Niger delta alone? Op just posted a compared account of two years which is not comprehensive? How does this explain that the Niger-delta was alone the producer of the Palm oil?
Myopic mind

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by datigbogirl: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!

I can see you're too dumb to understand even your own post....

Now lemme help your mentally deformed brain out

Your last post simply means the proceeds from cocoa and groundnuts contributed to the exploration and development of the crude oil industry.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by FaroukM(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
Wow...that is amazing....but your leaders in the SS bleeped up not using the revenue shared to develop SS.rather they develop their bank accounts..whereas the leaders in the SW were smart enough to develop their SW for future...SS people don't have one voice that is where the problem lies.look at th NDA dialogue issue with FGN..they are coming up with different people to dialogue..
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Okeikpu(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

That is not the reason I made this thread.

I just wanted to highlight that over 100yrs ago the Niger Delta has been feeding you.
GUY WHAT'S NIGER DELTA IF I MAY ASK OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE NIGERIAN/BRITISH MEDIA LIARS grin IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE NIGER DELTA

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
rozayx5:
this apcharam dude is heartless

dude just wanna kill zombies grin
cc
decibel
beebeeooh

Your APCharam had no defence for the questions i asked.
If killing zombies is by copying and pasting shit here then I must have subjected a million Wailers to genocide with the simple yet transparent questions I asked.
Keep fooling yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
At worst You can only hate what you don't understand #changehasalwaysbeenwithme...human right Na my property
989900:

That moment when ignorance is bliss ^^.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Chike obi: Chike Obi (April 17, 1921 – March 13, 2008) was a Nigerian politician, mathematician and professor. The African Mathematics Union suggests that he was the first sub-Saharan African to hold a doctorate in mathematics.
Chike Obi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable awards:
http://waado.org/NigerDelta/Memorials/chike_obi_guardian.html

Chinua Achebe was a Nigerian novelist, poet, professor, and critic. His first novel Things Fall Apart is also considered his magnum opus, and is the most widely read book in modern African literature. Wikipedia

Chinua Achebe notable award: http://saharareporters.com/2010/09/24/chinua-achebe-receive-one-largest-awards-arts

You said,

Chike obi won a noble price in mathematics and China Achebe won same in literature... Emegwali created a space for modern day computing

Then I asked you to provide evidence

Is the garbage you posted up there the response to my question? I said you should show me Chinua Achebe and Chike Obi's "nobel
prices
", you're posting irrelevant links. Show me where in your links it was stated that they won "Nobel prices" grin cheesy

Lastly, you still haven't told me the state with the most professors

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

I am an entrepreneur and I am not in the level of just business...

If you are enlightened you will know the reason why Lagos has her enormous population... This is solely BC of the viable ports that opened up a little development... That this footprint elsewhere you will have the same result that's not even a rocket science...

So stop talking as if you are not knowledgeable and yet talking like a god.

I'm just stating the fact that Lagos will continue being the only viable port in nigeria as it was in 1914. Lagos will have total 4 functional sea port in the next 4-5 years. When this finally happen it will be more cheaper to build railway and link lagos with other region than port.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by DaPuncline: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
My Questions are:
1. How was oil plam transported to lagos when there was no Niger Bridge that time ?
2. How was the niger delta feeding the whole nation when each region accounted for its resources ?
3. Why calling for restructuring now when you know you'll still be feeding the country as you claimed ?
Seriously this thread would have been an educative one but it was ruined by folks filled with hatred and aggression

9 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by 989900: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
movingforward:
At worst You can only hate what you don't understand #changehasalwaysbeenwithme...human right Na my property

Meh
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

Miss.... okay?
Even if where I hail from isn't highly developed, you do not see or hear us blame other regions for our under development.
We hold our leaders accountable with curses upon curses.
So in other words, there is a log of wood in your eyes but you want to remove a speck in another's.

And you hold your leaders accountable with curses upon curses Really that's the most advanced way of accountability?

Niger Delta need to learn from you guys

I give up
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yes! E pain am!
989900:

Meh
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jay7(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
989900:
A shame we now import palm oil.

More than shame self

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Chike obi: Chike Obi (April 17, 1921 – March 13, 2008) was a Nigerian politician, mathematician and professor. The African Mathematics Union suggests that he was the first sub-Saharan African to hold a doctorate in mathematics.
Chike Obi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable awards:
http://waado.org/NigerDelta/Memorials/chike_obi_guardian.html

Chinua Achebe was a Nigerian novelist, poet, professor, and critic. His first novel Things Fall Apart is also considered his magnum opus, and is the most widely read book in modern African literature. Wikipedia

Chinua Achebe notable award: http://saharareporters.com/2010/09/24/chinua-achebe-receive-one-largest-awards-arts

So these are the 'NOBLE PRIZE" chief chike obi and China Achebe won? I gave up bro, I'm actually doubting if you are igbo...lol

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Here is your first post

Is the garbage you posted up there the response to my question? I said you should show me Chinua Achebe and Chike Obi's "nobel
prices
", you're posting irrelevant links. Show me where in your links it was stated that they won "Nobel prices" grin cheesy

Lastly, you still haven't told me the state with the most professors

Prize is prize whether notable or noble they tagged it. The fact is that a notable figure was recognized by notable organizations...

It was reported here about the state with the highest professor you can follow the link sire

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
So in other words, there is a log of wood in your eyes but you want to remove a speck in another's.

And you hold your leaders accountable with curses upon curses Really that's the most advanced way of accountability?

Niger Delta need to learn from you guys

I give up

You had to modify my original comment to drive home your point.
Pathetic much?
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jneutron4000: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Given by what you've said about southwest could the same be applied to Present SE as they have the industrialization, Onitsha,Nnewia and aba comes to mind, they have oil where Anambra, IMO and abia comes to mind, and lastly agriculture they have yam,cassava, cashew, rubber, rice, maize, vegetables all in commercial quantities and in adding to it they have coal in commercial quantities...

SE is more resourceful than the whole SW bro..
ok if that will console you and make you feel good grin

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lushore1:

So these are the 'NOBLE PRIZE" chief chike obi and China Achebe won? I gave up bro, I'm actually doubting if you are igbo...lol

But sire do you think I care about what the f you think?? Sorry I don't...
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
Igboid:

Nna, leave that matter for Matthias for now.

We have common foe, ie the North and their Yoruba Muslim brothers.

No need splitting hairs over irrelevant semantics for now. Whether Niger Delta or Eastern region, we are all saying same thing. If you put just Eastern region, you exclude the Western Igbos, if you put just Niger Delta, you exclude Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi.

So, you see, it doesn't matter either of the terms we use, what matters is that we establish the fact that the Yorubas and the North had always been lacking, which is why they are still clinging unto Nigerian unity till today.

Udo.
pls u guys should stop generalizing the north! Differentiate the middlebelt region in all these nonsense! because my city Jos produced Tin and columbite which was a major contributor to the national wealth.

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Bizibi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Stop posting rubbish .

Why you no claim all the groundut from the north exported through Lagos port as evidence that Lagos and SW was the highest groundnut produces.

Show me Palm Oil House or forever shut up.

Even in present day Nigeria, the SE and SS are home to oil palm production.

Wild palms still exist along the coastal areas of the Niger Delta

So pls save your lies for your fellow Surajus
especially Edo,delta and rivers
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by OBAGADAFFI: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
FaroukM:
Wow...that is amazing....but your leaders in the SS bleeped up not using the revenue shared to develop SS.rather they develop their bank accounts..whereas the leaders in the SW were smart enough to develop their SW for future...SS people don't have one voice that is where the problem lies.look at th NDA dialogue issue with FGN..they are coming up with different people to dialogue..

That is not possible.

Every proceed from the colonist goes to England.

I am surprised that you people don't know the difference between the Exploration during Colonial periods and and Exploration after independence

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
jneutron4000:
ok if that will console you and make you feel good grin

Cool. If that will make you crawl back to the brown roof cave in ibadan where you raised your head from. cheesy
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
DaPuncline:
My Questions are:
1. How was oil plam transported to lagos when there was no Niger Bridge that time ?
2. How was the niger delta feeding the whole nation when each region accounted for its resources ?
3. Why calling for restructuring now when you know you'll still be feeding the country as you claimed ?
Seriously this thread would have been an educative one but it was ruined by folks filled with hatred and aggression
Simple answers:

1) If you have travelled out of your current enclave before, the first question is self-explanatory unless you want to imply people from the East or colonial masters were not travelling or doing business pre-NigerBridge construction. But that is your choice to believe.

2) The same way the old lie was sold to us about the groundnut pyramids and cocoa building oil installations when regionalism was in place as you rightly observed. It depends on which side of the lie pendulum you reside.

3) This question seem to suggest you don't know what the current clamour for restructuring is all about because that is the whole idea Not feeding the country

Hope some sort of credence is achieved with the answers offered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Krismart(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

Cocoa, groundnut, tin, and every other commodity sourced from other parts of Nigeria combined does not even smell the revenue generated from palm oil

Lolz.
So it has been oyil money from day 1
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by DabFrankNG: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

That is not the reason I made this thread.

I just wanted to highlight that over 100yrs ago the Niger Delta has been feeding you.
And what good does that do to you? Instead of looking for the way forward, you are being extremely stupidly tribalistic.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by islandmoon: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Una oil wey dey sleep?

RichieF27:
sorry pls which Palm oil do you have? This once that can't mix between itself or this smelly oil? Is it the oils that you will export .. No hate but there is no good palm oil in the southwest even your people can tell you this
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Igbos like to shout anyhow, claiming what the South-south has achieved. Nonsense.
What is the percentage of the oil palm produced by the whole south east compared to the Tin and columbite produced by only one single city JOS?

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Igbos like to shout anyhow, claiming what the South-south has achieved. Nonsense.
What is the percentage of the oil palm produced by the whole south east compared to the Tin and columbite produced by only one single city JOS? Mtchww

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2016

What is the percentage of the oil palm produced by the whole south east compared to the Tin and columbite produced by only one single city JOS?

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Prize is prize whether notable or noble they tagged it. The fact is that a notable figure was recognized by notable organizations...

It was reported here about the state with the highest professor you can follow the link sire

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

This is my problem with you Nsukabaggers. So now prize is prize eh cheesy It's no more "nobel price" cheesy

If to say I no bust you now, you for don go spread nonsense to your fellow gala boys. No wonder y'all
own 85% of Lagos grin cheesy Na part of the bullshit wey una dey always tell unaselves for village be that

Nobel price ko, Nobel commodity ni.

Next time, if you have no evidence to back up your comment, don't bother to reply me. Okaaaaay?

You said Yorubas are no longer in the top 3 of the states with the most professors. FINE

Is the link you posted the evidence?

If you have a PDF document of the NUC report, post it. If you don't have it, don't reply me

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Election: Oyetola Reconciles With Aregbesola / Mechanics , Touts, Hotels Tops Beneficiaries Of Lagos Island Flood / Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.