Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44445 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by wristbangle: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2016
SairikiDurri:

This is why today yorubas do not believe in restructuring.

See your ancestors occupying Lagos because of Niger Delta oil

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1481378_374334_Biafra_11_jpgd343c8e7d023bbeaf7e85a2a2383fae8_jpg0fc812d3c1fca32fae7a33fb44de77d0

Your leaders know that they can't exit without Niger Delta oil.

Smh. You are deviating from our original discussion but since you start it, let me perch on the aisle with you.

I believe in restructuring and true federalism. Even recent news shows APC governors in southwest calls for it in order to have resource control hence every states will look inward to feed herself instead of everything going to federal government, then redistribution to states.

The restructuring structure works fine for USA where california generates 30 percent of the country's income (about $ 560.80 billion).

If such can happen in Nigeria, generally I see the entire south (most especially South West) prospering but the north may struggle but that doesn't mean they won't progress with time.

So, hope my comment has done justice to your strife and bitterness?

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

Leave them for me.

I keep busting their lies daily.

West Africa is the classic region of smallholder production, both of food and export crops. The oil palm, which has been both, flourishes in natural association with yam and cassava cultivation throughout the wetter parts of the region. In eastern Nigeria, which C. W. S. Hartley (1988: 7, 16) called “the greatest grove area of Africa,” densities of 200 palms per hectare (ha) were common in the late 1940s, and densities of more than 300 palms per hectare were not unknown.

Present day Biafra was even a major player in palm cultivation back then.

So whose fault is it that your leaders refused to develop your region?
Have you held Asari Dokubo to ransom for investing at Cotonou instead of your region?
How about Kingsley Kuku? Has been hung for spending your funds on org1es and foreign prostitutes?
Has the ugly Ayiri been shot for wearing a 4Million naira suit for his wedding when an average ND indigene does not have access to portable drinking water?
You all praised Tom Polo for buying 3warships with your money instead of developing the region.
Ayo Oritsejiafor used his jet to help transport the fund for the arms and ammunitions that the militants are using today,
The chief buffoon, GEJ did not do shii for your region. He was focused on pleasing almajiris that would vote in their brother even if GEJ had given them a million naira a day just to take them off the streets.
You have been feeding other regions yet they are much more devloped.
The irony of the whole thing is that from the stipends you feed other parts of the country, they are supposed to be the least developed.
You are not serious.

19 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by 989900: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2016
Luckilo:

[s]Its a big lie...We don't import palm oil...It is abundant in the South-East[/s].

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by ojialo(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2016
leahcimzil:
until we learn to hold the right people responsible, there won't be any progression for us. See this idiot now making noise bout Niger Delta feeding the whole nation. yu are making the wrong noise man. Of all the afore listed raw materials, how many do we still export? why not hold the government responsible fr this deterioation. the fight is not against yur fellow compatriots from other regions of the country. It is against the government past and present that is playing this tribal politics tune, knowing you'll dance to it. Please EMANCIPATE yourself and see beyond

nice comment but the IDIOT is harsh please...
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by michoim(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Looking at 1914, what of Tin from Jos that is over700k and hide and skin from the North that is over 500k. Moreover the so called pdf document has no authenticity.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by EROMS38(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!
na real famous groundnut,,,, useless country.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by timeman: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Am just laughing, at the comments of those guys here.

They probably didn't know that Crude oil discovery was the beginning of Palm decline.

As the time SW was making Palm oil production has declined.
Their low self esteem is eating them up. they can as well exchange those idle talks with ipods but not here on nairaland.
the truth has spoken!

2 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by hundredhunndred: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2016
SairikiDurri:

I re-edited the title because I later found out that the SE was the largest producer of Palm oil.

Midwest is now part of Niger Delta!

Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Bayelsa and Calabar were part of Eastern Region and are today considered part of Niger Delta.

So what is your problem with me renaming it to reflect the true geo-political makeup of post civil war Nigeria?

And I see no reason why the changing of the title should be an issue since you yorubas hate the Niger Delta more than the SE.

Bishopmagic, You have been posting with more than 7 monikers alone on this thread and even liking your own comment. Are you a machine? Lolzzzz.

9 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Winning123: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

No be jealousy dey worry them?

Why did the Afonjas vote this tyrannosaur in the 21st century ? No be because they were jealous of the developmental strides under GEJ which saw the better south (SS/SE) the best rating in all human developmental indices.

Yeye. And how has that brought development to your region. Development una no dey, education una lag behind SW. Please sharap

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2016
aribisala0:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwis0Y_rooPPAhVHDsAKHRKWCcYQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibsysdigi.library.illinois.edu%2Filharvest%2FAfricana%2FBooks2011-05%2F3064634%2F3064634_1904_lagos%2F3064634_1904_lagos_opt.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEd_sf_ZcOX25Vi4KrNZQZCbsrADw&bvm=bv.131783435,d.ZGg&cad=rja

Read paragraph 14

on Page 10 "Lagos so rich in palm products"
Sincerely, you are not helping the argument one bit
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by hundredhunndred: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Dude, is this the best you can come up with to counter my statement? Your level of reasoning is too timid. Come up with something constructive and let's dialogue. Your comment depicts that of a 2yrs old kid.

You cant dialogue with that kid, he is only good at insulting everyone while quoting his own comment with his other several handles. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by wristbangle: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2016
hundredhunndred:

You cant dialogue with that kid, he is only good at insulting everyone while quoting his own comment with his other several handles. Lol

Ooookay! Now I get it. Thanks for letting me know bro cool

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by igwegeorgiano(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!
with the crops/generations visionless leaders in d nigeria's governing system its will be extremely impossible to retrace our steps back to the good old days. God will deliver us
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by BarryX(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

So whose fault is it that your leaders refused to develop your region?
Have you held Asari Dokubo to ransom for investing at Cotonou instead of your region?
How about Kingsley Kuku? Has been hung for spending your funds on org1es and foreign prostitutes?
Has the ugly Ayiri been shot for wearing a 4Million naira suit for his wedding when an average ND indigene does not have access to portable drinking water?
You all praised Tom Polo for buying 3warships with your money instead of developing the region.
Ayo Oritsejiafor used his jet to help transport the fund for the arms and ammunitions that the militants are using today,
The chief buffoon, GEJ did not do shii for your region. He was focused on pleasing almajiris that would vote in their brother even if GEJ had given them a million naira a day just to take them off the streets.
You have been feeding other regions yet they are much more devloped.
The irony of the whole thing is that from the stipends you feed other parts of the country, they are supposed to be the least developed.
You are not serious.
Explain the bolded please
No vex
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by alt3r3g0: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2016
How did the youths allow themselves to get to this point?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 11:23am On Sep 10, 2016
jneutron4000:
So op thinking SW did not and is not feeding Nigeria is a big lie. The region has got everything. Crude oil, Agriculture, industrialization etc. apart from the SS can you pls tell us what the SE contribution that is increasing this country GDP?

Given by what you've said about southwest could the same be applied to Present SE as they have the industrialization, Onitsha,Nnewia and aba comes to mind, they have oil where Anambra, IMO and abia comes to mind, and lastly agriculture they have yam,cassava, cashew, rubber, rice, maize, vegetables all in commercial quantities and in adding to it they have coal in commercial quantities...

SE is more resourceful than the whole SW bro..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by islandmoon: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2016
You are always thinking like a shallow minded person, only the palm trees in ogun state alone is more than all palm trees in the entire south east, talkless of ife and osun state at large , I will not even talk about oyo state, ekiti and ondo!
If you think the palm oil is from south east, wake up from your dream! We have more than enough palm oil in the south west, we are even wasting it, the reason you people are calling us ofe manu, its your people in lagos that increased demand for it
APCHaram:

Cocoa the same.

9 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2016
jneutron4000:
Even in the report, the SW region i.e. Lagos sea port was used to export good from every parts of the country to overseas and some of you will say it was crude oil money that was used to build Lagos sea port. Even for using Lagos port shows the SW region Have being useful since the time of Adam and Even. Now don't give me that flimsy excuse that is because Lagos was the Sit of power then why then no put sit of power for Imo then? grin

Reason being that Lagos is more closer to the Atlantic and serve as an easier and flexible way to do it but thats old ways... New ways are on the way...
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Winning123: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Smh. You are deviating from our original discussion but since you start it, let me perch on the aisle with you.

I believe in restructuring and true federalism. Even recent news shows APC governors in southwest calls for it in order to have resource control hence every states will look inward to feed herself instead of everything going to federal government, then redistribution to states.

The restructuring structure works fine for USA where california generates 30 percent of the country's income (about $ 560.80 billion).

If such can happen in Nigeria, generally I see the entire south prospering but the north may struggle.

So, hope my comment has done justice to your strife and bitterness?

You folks always think the north will suffer if Nigeria breaks. On the contrary it is the south. With experience of Nigeria we can see that it is not only resources that drives development but common goal, aspirations and shared values. The north are more United and if Nigeria breaks are more likely to unit under same goal and aspirations. However the south with their ITK mentally will struggle. The leaders will fight for position and will want to build dynasties for themselves which is the typical mentality of southerners. Please note I am from the south before you spew hatred.

1 Like

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by leahcimzil: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2016
ojialo:

nice comment but the IDIOT is harsh please...
true. Modified
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2016
BarryX:
Explain the bolded please
No vex

Do I need to?
Have you been to Bayelsa? There are some places that it's inhabitants are gradually going extinct.
Apart from Akwa Ibom and Calabar, forget the rest.
You see Bayelsans, just hold your leaders accountable.
You produced a President, yet his State of origin remains a piece of garbage.
Empowering militants and enriching the rich are his only achievements.

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by steve6: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2016
hmmmm....interesting !
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Lushore1: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2016
Igboid:

Cocoa became Western Nigeria major source of income, after independence, but even that was debatable, as some had argued that rubber mainly from the Midwest area was the real forex earner for the region.
Either way., Western region Cocoa was strictly for Western region, they fed no one else, they only paid their loyalty to the FG, like the the Eastern region and Northern region did.

Moreover, Cocoa was also produced in Cross Rivers and Northern Abia parts of the Eastern region, but not in the scale it was produced in Western region, just as Western region Palm produce were not in the scale as produced in the Eastern region and mid western parts.

So can u explain how eastern Nigerian was feeding the rest of the country through their palm oil?

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by wristbangle: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2016
Winning123:

You folks always think the north will suffer if Nigeria breaks. On the contrary it is the south. With experience of Nigeria we can see that it is not only resources that drives development but common goal, aspirations and shared values. The north are more United and if Nigeria breaks are more likely to unit under same goal and aspirations. However the south with their ITK mentally will struggle. The leaders will fight for position and will want to build dynasties for themselves which is the typical mentality of southerners. Please note I am from the south before you spew hatred.

Lovely comment from you sir.

Why I said the North "May" not "Will" suffer because their level of governance, resource control and leadership is extremely poor, not necessarily their natural resources and food commodities which I believe they have in immense amount. Only few among them possess foresight and visionary goals unlike the south folks.

Hope u understand?
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

I countered that lie by responding to him that if we were to go by that assertion then SW and Lagos was highest producer of groundnuts since northern groundnuts were exported out of Nigeria exclusively through Lagos port.

Yoruba people come and gagg aribisal0 because he is really disgracing you guys here with his silly lies

Actually, all of you are disgracing yourselves. The thread would have been more interesting and educative for sane minds, but the insults and juvenile exhibition of tribalism by you guys have rendered the thread meaningless.

You all need to grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by YonkijiSappo: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2016
APCHaram:

Cocoa the same.

You are a very funny person.

How can use use a single snapshot of a period in an historic timeline to determine "who has been feeding" the nation or not?
Do you know what commodities earned what in the 20 years before or in the 20 years following the 1914?

5 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Petdagr8t(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2016
So the likes of Ango Abdulahi and co has been fooling themselves when they claimed that the north used money from ground nut to explore oil in south.It is a shameful thing Ango that you still lie at this your advanced age.
Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by wristbangle: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2016
Noblecx:

Given by what you've said about southwest could the same be applied to Present SE as they have the industrialization, Onitsha,Nnewia and aba comes to mind, they have oil where Anambra, IMO and abia comes to mind, and lastly agriculture they have yam,cassava, cashew, rubber, rice, maize, vegetables all in commercial quantities and in adding to it they have coal in commercial quantities...

SE is more resourceful than the whole SW bro..

Yet a lot of your indigenes domicile in SW much more than the SW people in your region. Can you explain this statistics?

10 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2016
Perhaps one of these jokers can explain to us how Palm Oil from Nnewi was shipped from Lagos Port long before there was even a Niger Bridge. long before there were any roads and they are posting ridiculous pictures of antique trucks.
Desperate liars

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Winning123: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2016
You folks rejoice over nothing. Aren't you suppose to do self retrospection. Your region has been producing the resources since amalgamation yet it is backward than the north and SW in terms of development, education etc. I have never seen people who are patrinizes themselves as Niger Delta people. I also expected this to enegize us, not to be rejoicing on lost glory. What a shame.

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Noblecx: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Yet a lot of your indigenes domicile in SW much more than the SW people in your region. Can you explain this statistics?

There is nothing to explain sire as am not a statistician...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oyetola Refuses To Congratulate Adeleke, Sends Message To Security Operatives / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar And Ademola Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.