Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (57035 Views)

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by naijafeminist: 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Boss13:

Why do you think a man who dates you should have money? Why can't you have the money? You are both humans with capable hands - anything wrong with your brains, hands, ability or business acumen?

When it comes to culinary skills, what happened to your hands, brain and ability? You get my point now? Or would you change your argument when that is brought up? You can't eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by iwatch: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
LynnPetra:

Oga speak for yourself.
The fact you appreciated her doesn't mean there are wives who are not living in regret after standing behind their husbands. Some men forget the pasts when they finally "arrive".Bless your home.
hian.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
Boss13:

At the bolded - That is very possible, Nigeria is a poor country and there is nothing absolutely wrong if their mothers sell fufu to make sure that their sons have a good life and nothing wrong if their mothers pound yam or fufu to feed her children (her own children again). My mother proudly pounded yam and fufu for me and my siblings to eat and it was extremely tasty not the grinded ones we have in the market today.

Women who do this have been an epitome to behold and the values that still keeps the country. Only a good mother who wants the best for her sons and daughters will do such, she has alternatives - like sleeping around or abandoning the children. No, a true strong Nigerian/African woman wants the best for her children because she strongly believes that the future will certainly be good and not what ladies, like yourself, think of these days. I know your type, they work for me and I pity their boyfriends.

Hence judging from your rude and disgusting comment, I wonder what sacrifice you will make for your children. I thank God for my wife, apart from her very vivid beauty, she really has my best interest at heart and as matter of fact, I am going to my living room to give the mother of sweet beautiful children a kiss and thank God for bringing her my way and for not allowing me to meet people like yourself. Well me I no dey take nonsense sha and I lack the impatience to stay 5 seconds with girls who have lost their priorities.

You don't know my type.
Your mother did a good job covering your father's shameful self.If you dare insult me again, you won't like my next comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by naijafeminist: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Your parallelism is misguided. Cooking is a basic life skill for women and men. A whole lot, including luck, goes into being rich.

If you agree that cooking is for men and women, then we're on the same page. Most don't agree, and that's where my issue with them not having money comes in. I mean, marriage is give and take shey? If you want food, then I want money. Simple.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by jopretty(f): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Thanks, again! But take your bitterness to another thread.like I said earlier, this comment aint for you.
naijafeminist:

Yh right, you cannot even argue your way out. Men wanting to eat their cake and have it. Men want food, women want money simple. Stop complaining . Now run along.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by queenfav(f): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Lol at "picking up some small bills occasionally". And I won't be surprised if you're a feminist who'd demand to be treated equally.
I am not a feminist.I believe a man should be the head of a home and he has specific responsibilities towards his woman.Even my younger brother while he was in secondary school used to save his break money to buy his class girlfriend novels as a gift.The girl reciprocates moat times by buying him snacks for break and other small stuff.Love is give and take.If you are broke,work hard till you van afford to do little stuff for a woman,even if its 100 naira card,she would know you are meeting a need in her life.I really pity the crop of men we have around sha!If they give them chance,they would ask a lady to pay her own bride price so they can marry her free of charge.Its common sense that if you take ur girl to the movies,you should pay d 1k for movie ticket,even if she reaches for her wallet.No woman enjoys spending her money on small things her man can afford,that's a fact!! Those that do end up being tagged as controlling and trying to emasculate the man.When tiwa savage's saga went down,very few applauded her for being the breadwinner, rather she was blamed for encouraging teebillz to be a lazy man.
I am done with this issue abeg,for those who want o quote me,save your breath and energy.. I am out of here.Let me leave the trash for lawma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Ugosample(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:
95% of young girls these days are like that , when they almost expired , they will be forming humble !

Got married as a 200 L student to my hubby who was a fresh graduate , he had nothing , the only thing we had was love and faith ., but today God has blessed us beyond human imagination.

I don't know why girls keep running after rich guys as if it a crime for them to make money themselves .

You did what shocked
You are a brave person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Fourwinds:
okay..wait for d rich guy...

while keeping you in d house he will still go out and fvckk some pus$ies.. after all u met him rich...u never helped him up d ladder

Na the broke ones see dey carry STD pass grin cheesy grin grin
Because they chase after everything under skirts because they have too much time on their hands.
Unwanted pregnancies Na broken-ess cause am cheesy cheesy grin
Abeg leave that thing.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
I met Viola at the university, very beautiful young lady. I loved her so much but she was always asking for money from me even as a struggling student. I tried to dissuade her from the attitude but her chant of "you're not caring" will always rent the air at each occasion l tried to. Always very confident about herself. After NYSC, I secured a job where I earned 60k per month, she was in her final year then. I told her about the job and her response was "is it 60k job you're celebrating"? I made it clear to her that I won't continue the relationship, she smiled and went away.

She later sent a message to me in the night of that day saying "60k is not enough to marry me, good riddance to bad rubbish". Fast forward six years with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids, I bumped into her in a mutual friend father's funeral yesterday in Abeokuta, she wasn't looking as beautiful as she used to be, I greeted and exchange pleasantries with her, she responded grudgingly at first but later came back to tell me that "you're looking like a real man now". I asked her what she meant which she didn't respond to.

I heard from a friend who followed me to Ife from Abeokuta while driving down to my base at Akure today that she actually separated from her husband because the guy lost his job in the bank in 2014. What an unrepentant money monger is this Viola lady? I haven't stopped thanking my God that I made a wise decision to leave her in 2009. I pray she learn on time.

I have an advise for young ladies and gentlemen in the house, ladies change your mindset about money issues if its wrong like Viola's. Young men, shine your eyes and work very hard to earn a respectable living, cheers.

My guy, continue to thank God for the grace he showed you and spawned you to action and you left. Many aren't as lucky. I know many not just a few. Many made the mistake of marrying pay-as-you go / cancer worm as wife due to beauty which eventually fades at a giving time. God help us all make good decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by jopretty(f): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
You bet I do! wink and again "the best kind of advise you heed to is one you give yourself"
Eaa247:

Spot on! U must d daughter of a gud mother!!!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
naijafeminist:

Why not start by helping yourself to make money and stop complaining?

I am not complaining I am just disgusted. I started out as an employee but now I have a company with workers who work for me. I am not extremely rich, but I have a strategic plan and I am grateful I have workers and a partner committed to achieving the long-term strategic goals of my company. Thank God the recession has not caused much of a strategic drift and hopefully, we shall get close to our annual objective for the year. I stay in a lovely secure estate in Lekki paid for by my company as part of my benefit in kind (B.I.K) and two cars (though finance leased, but not from my pocket).

I am also married with kids, so I do not belong to the mental categorisation you probably would have placed me and you can clearly see I am not also your age mate. I strongly criticise girls of your type because I dislike lazy girls and there are lots of them around especially in Lekki, always trying to stare right inside your vehicle.

I say this not to brag but to show that money is just a tool and not a master and anybody, even a dog can get rich or accumulate some money for themselves. Hence, I wonder why ladies should pressure young men to sort them out, whilst they, themselves are equal to sort themselves out. I met my wife as a young man still dreaming and she believed, analysed with me and assisted in saving my money for me. She was and still of huge value to me. Hence, I don't get why women these days think differently.

So get your priorities straight and be of value.

11 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Cathony(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
kushme:
Bros, I no like this kind talk oh, "find which good man" so, the good man could suffer the same way the husband was used and dumped. I reject this selfish woman for any good and reasonable man out there. Let her change her way.
chairman....we're saying same thing, she'll definitely amend her ways,she might have realised her mistakes then prolly end up get married again.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:
Boss13 truthsayer007 lastpage KevinDein EdoBoy90 and others to come.Let me clarify a few things.A woman works..yeah,but it's the duty of a guy who is dating her to pick up some little bills occasionally.We are Africans,as much as a guy wud expect a girl to cook for him or help with chores when she visits,he should be in a position to do little nice things for her.I used that guy as an example because his actions showed that clearly he saw the fact that i work as an avenue to hold back his money even on dates he invited me to.I can feed myself,i pay my bills,everything in my house was gotten with my own money i earn from my job.So i don't belong to the class of women who wait for a man to bring momey before they can feed.There is a reason a man marries a woman.Nigerian men are slowly degenerating into gigolos and gold diggers[b].No woman is turning anyone into ATM[/b].As a man,you should have the sense to do little things for a lady you are dating.Period!I am not a feminist,i believe a man should pay for a date he invited me to,i would never reach for my wallet except its a treat from me to him.So i wont apologize for my views!A man is wired to be a provider,that's why God didn't give men the duty of carrying a pregnancy for 9 months till delivery.Women only work nowadays due to civilization and educational advancements,it doesn't mean we are now men by virtue of that.A man who is dating a lady and cannot do some nice things for her once in a while(not because he cannot afford to)but refuses to because she can afford to has a very long way to go...Times are hard,so i know d comments are borne from hunger and frustration.Please channel your anger into bettering yourselves!

Thanks for your clarification, but the comments are not borne from hunger and frustration, when we see something wrong, we say it. Whether recession or no recession, it has nothing to do with the fact that Most women see relationship as their way out of poverty.

Anyway, i clearly understand your point of view, atleast you work for your own money.

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by iwatch: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
blesoh:

Not all oh, my husband had nothing when we got married and I was very young, friends discourage me not to marry him today we are very OK, in fact I Thank God that I didn't underrate him, those my friends are telling me to put them in my prayers and that they are ready for anyone, money or no money love is the key.
hahahahahahhaha... I can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
60k? isn't that good? hmm some ladies sha..
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Cathony(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
kushme:
Bros, I no like this kind talk oh, "find which good man" so, the good man could suffer the same way the husband was used and dumped. I reject this selfish woman for any good and reasonable man out there. Let her change her way.
chairman....we're saying same thing, she'll definitely amend her ways,she might have realised her mistakes then prolly end up get married again
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by gidjah(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
Why would you say so?is any price too much to pay for love? ?haba na! Even the holy bible said' love is as strong as death, and if a man shall give all he has for love, it will never be enough' ... (can't remember that bible portion ),every one should be able to pay any price for love ...but if the recipient later abused it...then it is up to them.Let carma handle that part. I truly did what I did out of love and believe me when I say I still have this deep thingy for her deep inside! WHAT DO YOU CALL THATHAD TO EVEN go for the person I am with now out of frustration! ,but thank God, she is not a wrong person after all, I am really getting along well.would have uploaded my pretty angels pics here but.........
Odunharry:

Bro i thank God for ur life too..
Doing all those just for a woman not ur mum or sister, wife or daughter is totally out of place..
Good to see u happy.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by N101: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
Flashh:
I knew most ladies would avoid this thread, because they are birds of same feathers.

I have noticed most Nigerian girls have this gold-digging trait in their blood. It's up to you to be smart and wise with them.

Most of the ladies who have commented have been called names and insulted, can you blame others for avoiding this thread?

All I can see here is lightly veiled misogyny and name calling - talk about "birds of a feather". The irony.

Lemme see if I can find the girlfriend equivalent thread "I Thank God I didn't marry him"

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by iwatch: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
naijafeminist:

When it comes to culinary skills, what happened to your hands, brain and ability? You get my point now? Or would you change your argument when that is brought up? You can't eat your cake and have it.
The woman who would use that against me is wasting her time lol. I could get into the kitchen and do my things.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by queenfav(f): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
truthsayer007:

Thanks for your clarification, but the comments are not borne from hunger and frustration, when we see something wrong, we say it. Whether recession or no recession, it has nothing to do with the fact that Most women see relationship as their way out of poverty.

Anyway, i clearly understand your point of view, atleast you work for your own money.
Good,so its better to first of all ask for clarification ,before casting aspersions on the personality of someone you know nothing about.Its a forum and we are all entitled to our diverse opinions.No hard feelings though.Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by tabithababy(f): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
what of ladies that stood by their men when things were not too rosy , only for the guys to dump them for a "better" chick when money comes.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by CaptainCodes(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
LynnPetra:
With the way women are working hard this days, I don't expect some stupid comments on here. In fact wetin una won offer to women these days? Many of you can't change your boxers, na woman pant una won Kon change?
As men dey find work na so women dey find work. Several idiots here get mama we dey pound fufu sell take feed them.

Unu n'eri nsi!

Madam' didn't want quote you before, but after reading all your irresponsible jargons, I had to. Wht is your problem, really? What do you want?.
Attention??..

Or are you in a category where you left a "once broke, now comfortable" man before. Your anger seems so deep.
Tell me, don't be shy.

The OP didn't generalize, he just gave an advice based on his experience. If your fiance is broke, kuku leave him na., Abi??

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
CaptainCodes:

[s]
Madam' didn't want quote you before, but after reading all your irresponsible jargons, I had to. Wht is your problem, really? What do you want?.
Attention??..

Or are you in a category where you left a "once broke, now comfortable" man before. Your anger seems so deep.
Tell me, don't be shy.

The OP didn't generalize, he just gave an advice based on his experience. If your fiance is broke, kuku leave him na., Abi[/s]??

Junks. wink smiley
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
LynnPetra:

You don't know my type.
Your mother did a good job covering your father's shameful self.If you dare insult me again, you won't like my next comment.

Smile! You continue to depict how lowly you are. It is possible that your parents tried to do a good job with you but you derailed and I will not insult your parents, who are certainly not the same age category with mine. I am extremely glad to inform you have got a wrong mindset and a wrong mindset is a disease. I don't know you and I am not interested in knowing you, but you have a diseased mind that requires a psychologist. Why do I say so - You have never met me, neither have you met my father and not sure if he is alive or dead, but you are quick to insult someone you have never met before, never wronged you and someone you would probably will never meet. Such kind of person truly is sick and needs to see a doctor.

I can also tell you with verified facts that I am also not your age mate, do not belong in the same class with you, you likewise, do not have the same educational status with me nor belong to world-class professional associations nor well read or traveled than me. I do not say I am better than you because I don't believe one can be better than anyone, some of my workers are more skillful than me - but I believe I have and still living a privileged life, and all thanks to the sacrifices of my hardworking parents, who are now at peace with themselves, gave to me.

I will strongly advise you to look inward and do a self-assessment of yourself - what are those values you lack because it appears that you lack a lot of them. There is still time for you to help yourself out.

6 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Destined2win: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
I'm not perfect, God knows, but I strive to be a woman a man will forever be proud of. Thanks.
That's the kind of woman I want; a woman who strives to make me walk tall at all times out of love for all that concerns me. Keep keeping it real dear
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Liability(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
truthsayer007:

Look here woman, FYI , if you aren't working as a Lady, you are a liability and nothing more to everyone around you.

"he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally" So your dating him is to be paying some bills for you ? I'm guessing your definition of small bills is buying you a new iPhone 7 and a new Brazilian hair.

You are suppose to guide him in ways which he can invest & plan for both your future, Bible call women help mates, not Money suckers ! Chaii.

am here
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
[s]
Boss13:

Smile! You continue to depict how lowly you are. It is possible that your parents tried to do a good job with you but you derailed and I will not insult your parents, who are certainly not the same age category with mine. I am extremely glad to inform you have got a wrong mindset and a wrong mindset is a disease. I don't know you and I am not interested in knowing you, but you have a diseased mind that requires a psychologist. Why do I say so - You have never met me, neither have you met my father and not sure if he is alive or dead, but you are quick to insult someone you have never met before, never wronged you and someone you would probably never meet. Such kind of person truly is sick and needs to see a doctor.

I can also tell you with verified facts that I am also not your age mate, do not belong in the same class with you, you likewise, do not have the same educational status with me nor belong to world-class professional associations nor well read or traveled than me. I do not say I am better than you because I don't believe one be better than anyone, some of my workers are more skillful than me - but I believe I have and still living a privileged life, and all thanks to the sacrifices of my hardworking parents, who are now at peace with themselves, gave to me.

I will strongly advise you to look inward and do a self-assessment of yourself - what are those values you lack because it appears that you lack a lot of them. There is still time for you to help yourself out.
[/s]

Didn't bother to read. Go meet your wife, she needs you more. cool

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
naijafeminist:

I do not know how to cook, though I would love to. When I visited Mauritius with my wife, we went to a restaurant owned by an Australian or New Zealand, can't remember. I think he is from New Zealand but grew up in Australia. He is a great chef, my wife teased me about it and I decided to ask him to teach me a few skills. He was extremely glad, laughs. I only did that to hide my face from the embarrassment.

There is absolutely nothing wrong for a man to know how to cook. I did not learn because I lacked the interest plus we have maids who did the cooking and I was much happy to eat, than stay in the kitchen. It also affected my sisters but they have gone to culinary schools and are doing well for their family plus I have tasted their food, that is why I advised you to do the same if you do not know how to cook. There is no shame in it. It only becomes a shame when you do nothing about it.

I will certainly learn how to cook and prove to my wife that I can cook and probably let her enjoy my new acquired skills, but that should be when I retire. For now, I am busy, the market is tough and cooking is NEVER in my thought process, except now that you brought my attention to it. However, to make you happy, I can boil water. Though it's being a while I did that.

Any skills can be acquired, it takes the will and persistence/determination to acquire the skill.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by joey150(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hahah. Watch how guys are claiming girls left them and they made it later..

Lol.what of those that left you and made it elsewhere!

Life can swing any way..
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Liability:
am here

Ha ! na wah o, please change your moniker, this is not good for your status.

btw, why would you call yourself that?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
LynnPetra:
[s][/s]

Didn't bother to read. Go meet your wife, she needs you more. cool

You cannot take criticism/advice - laughs. Seriously, jokes apart, you do need help. I am in my study room working and unfortunately this thread caught my attention. I will definitely be with her, we sleep on the same bed, plus I kissed her like I said and returned. She was wondering.

So back to you getting some self-help. You have to be urgent with it. If you are serious, I can recommend some good doctors, but I will not pay for it because I am not a philanthropist and you have been rude to me.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by diplomatvicky(f): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
wat of d guys whom leaves d girl who truely loves dem in bad times...let's b partial in our judgement.. both sexes r involved..some guys prefer those girls who wld suck Dia pocket dry Dan d one who loves dem without d money bin Dia....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.