Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (57016 Views)

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by jopretty(f): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
Thanks. Not yet.
victorjoe:

Hi. Nice words. Are u married?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2016
greatgod2012:
Many of those ladies that love money too much do not know the future. They usually use today to judge tomorrow, whereas, it's not supposed to be so.

@op, I'm happy for you that you knew what you wanted and follow your heart, if not so, she'll have made life so miserable for you due to her incessant demands of money and material things that you can hardly afford.

[size=22] Besides, if they like money too much like that, why can't they work for their money and spend it the way they want instead of expecting their fellow human being to go work while they spend. [/size]

Yeye!

Op, go for Thanksgiving, I rejoice with you.

The only contribution i would have made to this thread..

You did it..
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2016
Acidosis:
Wise man, you deserve one bottle of La casera

grin

Only Lacasera ? What of Bobo Juice or Viju Milk ?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2016
crackhaus:
Only Nigerians are capable of using the misfortune of others to do thanksgiving because we feel they deserve it, lol... gringrin

My dear...

Hmm...
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Luckymay(f): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2016
abimic:

Ehn, accuse?? Nne, no b me o, maybe our detractors o cool, even Clinton defended her husband in the face of stiff accusation, so u are not passing anything, we're passing to together. wink.. . Ututu oma..... .
Ututu oma Nnaa . Kee Maka uchi-chi?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2016
Funny enough a babe tweeted that she can't marry a guy who earns 200k monthly. Another one said she doesn't wanna know if her man has financial probs; all she wants is for her needs to be met. I pity such girls. Girls like this could ruin Dangote himself. Guy, I celebrate your brain for alerting you and your leg from fleeing
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Every body digs Gold. Understand that.
The bolded unfortunately is not entirely correct.
Like I said, you can never fully understand the true character of a broke guy. People may change of course, for various reasons.

Everybody does not dig gold.

Cause i have never been friends with anybody, male or female because of their money..

Elijah told God, they have killed all your children except me. God said No, i have reserved 7,000 people who have never worshipped Baal..
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 13, 2016
queenfav:
Please most guys are worse money mongers than ladies now.When many are looking for a woman that would their bills.I am not supportive of lazy women,but men..try and work hard!I met a guy recently and he was like "i thank God u are working class o,u wont be disturbing me for money". Bottomline,he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally.My point is,who no like better thing?Men and women alike,learn to work for your own money to avoid insult.

He wants an independent woman.

He didnt ask for your money so he is no digger.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Luckymay(f): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2016
abimic:

Ehn, accuse?? Nne, no b me o, maybe our detractors o cool, even Clinton defended her husband in the face of stiff accusation, so u are not passing anything, we're passing to together. wink.. . Ututu oma..... .

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2016
Naughtysite:

Everybody does not dig gold.

Cause i have never been friends with anybody, male or female because of their money..

Elijah told God, they have killed all your children except me. God said No, i have reserved 7,000 people who have never worshipped Baal..

I'm sure you've never used money in your life before?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Flashh: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Bros no be me swear for una o.
E dey for Genesis, God Don swear say men go labour till una die. So free me a beg. Go out and work. We no go still carry our punishment take join una own.
I don't think you have anything sensible in your brain at all.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by somto4u: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

I'm sure you've never used money in your life before?
Stop been a nuisances here Gold digger,go out there and go make ur life useful like ur follow girls!Am sorry if u waiting for a man to help u then u will have to wait for a very long time!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
somto4u:
Stop been a nuisances here Gold digger,go out there and go make ur life useful like ur follow girls!Am sorry if u waiting for a man to help u then u will have to wait for a very long time!

Why are you getting all worked up? Do I look like I give a fuccck about your opinion?
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
Flashh:

I don't think you have anything sensible in your brain at all.

Go tell that to your mother.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by crackhaus: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
techJ:

Instead of you both to learn the lesson from the story you are busy trying to justify an obviously bad mindset.

"If viola married a "Dangote" after dumping him, he won't be writing all that." Well NEWS FLASH: she didn't and that is the reality.
Lmao... cheesycheesy

I can understand how my comment made you respond this way, so you are not to be blamed for your own 'mindset' which has being pre-conditioned from birth to respond in certain ways. grin

The first mistake you made through no fault of yours is assuming I am a girl/woman..lol
I am a guy and trust me, I've had my fair share of women who are only in it for the money and I can spot them a mile away...so save your sermon.

The second mistake which is partially your fault as you haven't developed your mind to transcend the common mindset peculiar to our fellow Nigerians is this:
Bad things happen to bad people who once wronged us. Do they deserve it? Probably.
The problem however is that sanctimonious people like you (which are in the majority) then go on to bring God into the matter. cheesycheesy
Dude, you don't put "thank God" in the same sentence when describing someone else's misfortune whether they deserved it or not.

The surprising thing is that after reading the above, you probably still won't understand what I was trying to pass across and it's not because I didn't try my best but because you just haven't developed your mind past a certain congenital level...no offence to your person though, as I'm sure you've accomplished many personal goals.

I am a Nigerian and I was guilty of this too, till I thought about it and realized that the way we Nigerians go about our so-called Christianity is mostly borne from vengeance against and/or holy-anger at our perceived enemies.

If every one of us got everything we deserved in life, the streets would be filled with sad people... and I'm sure even you would deserve to have something really bad happen to you, because It's a certainty that you must have wronged someone at a point in your life. WE ALL HAVE!

Summary: Keep the name of God out of personal vendetta.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by abimic(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
Luckymay:

Ututu oma Nnaa . Kee Maka uchi-chi?
O di mma, but a na m asu asusu igbo ntakiri, ebee ka ibi?

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Flashh: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Go tell that to your mother.
You are a regret to your parents.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by mannyiyke: 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Every body digs Gold. Understand that.
The bolded unfortunately is not entirely correct.
Like I said, you can never fully understand the true character of a broke guy. People may change of course, for various reasons.
Even rich guys change negatively too. It's not only broke guys dat change negatively. What makes u think dat a struggling guy is a broke guy? There's dignity in labour no matter how small. Despise not a humble beginning. Make ur own money and stop talking trash. What prevents u from making money and then helping ur guy? Most Nigerian girls are brainless, stupid, senseless and inconsiderate.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
mannyiyke:
Even rich guys change negatively too. It's not only broke guys dat change negatively. What makes u think dat a struggling guy is a broke guy? There's dignity in labour no matter how small. Despise not a humble beginning. Make ur own money and stop talking trash. What prevents u from making money and then helping ur guy? Most Nigerian girls are brainless, stupid, senseless and inconsiderate.

I can understand a lot of you guys quoting me are seriously pained. This "BITTCH" no send you oooo . And yes I will make my own money and still eat my man's money. Get Lost!

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
Flashh:

You are a regret to your parents.

Was that the response you got from your mother? shocked shocked
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by JuanDeDios: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
queenfav:
I am not a feminist.I believe a man should be the head of a home and he has specific responsibilities towards his woman.Even my younger brother while he was in secondary school used to save his break money to buy his class girlfriend novels as a gift.The girl reciprocates moat times by buying him snacks for break and other small stuff.Love is give and take.If you are broke,work hard till you van afford to do little stuff for a woman,even if its 100 naira card,she would know you are meeting a need in her life.I really pity the crop of men we have around sha!If they give them chance,they would ask a lady to pay her own bride price so they can marry her free of charge.Its common sense that if you take ur girl to the movies,you should pay d 1k for movie ticket,even if she reaches for her wallet.No woman enjoys spending her money on small things her man can afford,that's a fact!! Those that do end up being tagged as controlling and trying to emasculate the man.When tiwa savage's saga went down,very few applauded her for being the breadwinner, rather she was blamed for encouraging teebillz to be a lazy man.
I am done with this issue abeg,for those who want o quote me,save your breath and energy.. I am out of here.Let me leave the trash for lawma.
Actually, different people are HAPPY with different approaches. Stinginess, laziness, etc, are certainly wrong. And if what they said about Teebillz is true, men like that should not get married. It shows poor understanding to link that situation with feminism because even if he was married to rich feminist he would still have had problems since a man - or a woman - should not be lazy. That is not to say, however, that the feminist approach to llife and marriage does not work. This is a broad topic - some other time, perhaps.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by JuanDeDios: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

I can understand a lot of you guys quoting me are seriously pained. This "BITTCH" no send you oooo . And yes I will make my own money and still eat my man's money. Get Lost!
grin
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by opetiti: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thank you jare my sister. You don talk am finish. Any small thing, you go hear women are gold diggers. A lot of men have forgotten their responsibility as stated in the holy book (Bible and Quran) that Woman should be a helper. A situation where a woman start shouldering the responsibility of a man, according to my religion blessing will be upon the woman. So even when the man doesn't have at least work hard, hustle to retain your rightful position in your home. However, I am not insinuating that women should not work or rely on any man if they wish to leave a comfortable life because I wouldn't do that. The economic situation and lack of employment is one of the reasons we need each others support and any woman who doesn't want to support her man should have her own reason be it from experience or whatever.

Note, no be every man be good man and no be ever woman be good woman.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
JuanDeDios:

grin

Well, on a less funny note, that's the truth. cheesy
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by JuanDeDios: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Well, on a less funny note, that's the truth. cheesy
Ok. I guess so. Your English is very good. Speaking about money, I think I have some I'd be delighted for you to eat.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by JuanDeDios: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
naijafeminist:

If you agree that cooking is for men and women, then we're on the same page. Most don't agree, and that's where my issue with them not having money comes in. I mean, marriage is give and take shey? If you want food, then I want money. Simple.
Cooking is for human beings since human beings eat. Who does it between a man and a woman should depend on who it is most convenient for. But isn't the point here. The point you comparing cooking to getting rich. I do not agree with you that a poor man should not expect his wife to be able to cook. If he rides okada or tills the ground all day and his wife stays put at home he should expect to find food at home when he arrives as long as he provides the money.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Ok. I guess so. Your English is very good. Speaking about money, I think I have some I'd be delighted for you to eat.

grin grin grin grin.E hungry me oooo.Greedy me!
*can imagine this money tied to a big trap, and I'm there like a rat drawing closer....closer. ...." cheesy
I rebuke you!I refuse to let the devil use this recession as a tool to disembody me. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oh lawd! !

*breathing fast*

Ok.
This is my verdict;

"Thanks but no thanks cry cry

En....just so we are clear, I'm no cat. Just a human trying to be a little bit curious.

How much are we talking about here angry

??
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
JuanDeDios:

grin grin grin grin.E hungry me oooo.Greedy me!
*can imagine this money tied to a big trap, and I'm there like a rat drawing closer....closer. ...." cheesy
I rebuke you!I refuse to let the devil use this recession as a tool to disembody me. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oh lawd! !
I hate being greedy.

*breathing fast*

Ok.
This is my verdict;

"Thanks but no thanks cry cry

En....just so we are clear, I'm no cat. Just a human trying to be a little bit curious.

How much are we talking about here angry

??
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
crackhaus:
Only Nigerians are capable of using the misfortune of others to do thanksgiving because we feel they deserve it, lol... gringrin

Not only Nigerians. wink

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by ladykolly(f): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
u guyz would b sayin dat girls love money so much,let me ask u dis...do u love urself if u dont hv money
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Flashh: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

Was that the response you got from your mother? shocked shocked
Your mother told me the regret she has been having over you.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by lastpage: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:
With the way women are working hard this days, I don't expect some stupid comments on here. In fact wetin una won offer to women these days? Many of you can't change your boxers, na woman pant una won Kon change?
As men dey find work na so women dey find work. Several idiots here get mama we dey pound fufu sell take feed them.

Unu n'eri nsi!

Aaah-Ha, why are you sounding so pained?
Its not a personal issue now, abi?

Well, let me agree with you that women are working so hard these days (yes, these days!) as l have seen some hard-working women worth emulating.

But "the taste of the pudding is in the eating".

Let us see some PROOF!
Maybe by picking up the Bill when they go outing at a Restaurant?
Maybe by buying their Boyfriend that i-Phone 7 instead of making it a condition of their fidelity to him?
Maybe they agree to share the house rent as it falls due?
Maybe they buy the Radio, when the guy has tried and bought the OLED TV?

Until we start seeing such things happening and becoming "normal" (as against just a 'one-off' thing), we can only take your claim with a pinch of salt.

BTW: I am way past that age, so it does not benefit me as a person.

And please, tone-down the foul language, its not "Lady-like", if you are one. undecided

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened / This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.