Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138431 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
AZeD1:
Anioma people have different experiences. Some people from my family have no problem with being called Igbo while some detest it.

As for those claiming it's the Yorubas's and Fulani's causing this division, all I can say is keep your ignorance to yourself.
Most of the Anioma's who don't like being called Igbos have stories to tell about the SE people reminding them of their origin.
that we have to correct my brother that we have to correct.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by olureignforever: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
AZeD1:
Anioma people have different experiences. Some people from my family have no problem with being called Igbo while some detest it.

As for those claiming it's the Yorubas's and Fulani's causing this division, all I can say is keep your ignorance to yourself.
Most of the Anioma's who don't like being called Igbos have stories to tell about the SE people reminding them of their origin.

Your head dey there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by slevin1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igbo kwenu! Biko onye bu ezigbo nwa-afor igbo kupuuru Okeyele C. Neddy aka. Ya bu nwata nwaikorobia maara ihe nke oma.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by holluphemydavid(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nkem4040:
Yorubba I hope you are reading? Stop dividing us; that's his message!
Is it d yorubas dat are dividing u people or u people are dividing urselves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bee444: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
A tribe that favours personal acquisition to the detriment of its entire populace and kingsmen is a danger to itself. Igbos are architect of their own subliminal decimation misfortune. You can't blame someone else for addressing you in a manner you unwittingly accepted.

When it comes to culture, the Yorubas thrive uncomprosingly unapologetically. Same thing the Fulanis and Hausas. My Igbo people on the other hand would rather you give them business than tell them to observe one yeye culture. The Delta-Igbos are also to blame. They sit on the fence.. Part of them yearn for Igbos and part for Yoruba. They are confused people.

All in all, whether you're Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani or Hausa, we should all learn to live forget in harmony and peace. Seceding thought only brings segregation, produces fear and divide everyone.

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Manamax(m): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry

You can say some not most as regards to your second sentence. Majority of Delta North are ibos
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
Why's this clown speaking for everyone, especially when he's from the Igbo part?

I know an Uncle who's from Agboh and he'll scream at you if you ever ask/tell him that he's Igbo. And my ex's mum is also from one of those Bini-Igbo parts and despite having a maiden name that looks Igbo, she doesn't claim it. She always claim Bini migrant lool. But my boy's parents are from the core Igbo parts of Delta and he claims Igbo all the time.

This crackhead just woke up after sniffing cow dung and smoking skunk and decided to pick an identity for everyone. Crazy lool.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
shaboti:
yes you dont need my attention cause i dont pay them to idíots. I was talking about the sane ppl in the SE.
like I said ur attention is not needed. get a life dude.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Antidote77:

You are so afraid of the Great Yoruba tribe. I understand your insecurity
lol,you Yoruba's can be really funny,pls what's so great about your Yoruba tribe??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

There are no Igbos who are native of rivers state
This is river state official website http://riversstate.net.ng/people-and-culture/
so kalabari and okirika are ijaw to you? But Oyigbo,etche,egbema etc are not Igbo to you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abugab(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
The problem with the Igbo folks is the same Igbo folks.
They are too divisive even to the family level.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by donbuchi1(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
I may know more about this topic because I was referred to as that Igbo boy by my inlaws who are from Ibusa in Delta state.
They are not igbos and should not be referred to as one. But they shamefully bear Igbo names.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Barrywilly:
I'm watching and reading this with keen interest. I know that biafra contraption cannot stand the test of time. They will fight themselves to the last man. Meanwhile, why are you bringing yoruba to all these Igbo wahala
we bring you Yoruba's into the wahala cos you guys won't stay off our case,anything that has to do with Igbo's interest you guys a lot.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
Most of those That deny being Igbo are unsuccessful ones .... Quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
samyomz:
Even when we have nothing to do with the topic,they will still blame us....flatheaded moafuckaz....
long head idiotz we blame you cos you Yoruba's won't let us be,when you guys start minding you business,we'll stop blaming you,dumb asses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
There is nothing like rivers igbo. Lies carried by south easterners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Earlybird81(f): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nkem4040:

On the contrary Yoruba's don't even know the difference btw Delta-Igbos or Igbos.Once you are not Hausa or Yoruba,they refer to you as Igbo.Simple!How can a non native be the one to tell you where you belong?Isn't that funny and a bit shameful for the natives?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Mr igboid you better be satisfied with your s.e, are you more reliable than the Rivers state website. Abi na by force to be Igbo?
you did not reply him, you diverted and started your rant.
Anyone can write that website. Kalabari is seen as an Ethnic group, does it mean that they are not ijaws?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by laffwitmi: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
See wetin oyel dey cause lol .. Yebo dey try force them self on other trib

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
so kalabari and okirika are ijaw to you? But Oyigbo,etche,egbema etc are not Igbo to you?
Udmaster I am not the Rivers state Government or the representative of these groups who put this information about their people on the website, if you disagree with the Rivers State Government about Rivers state Indigenes then your truly blinded by wateva lies u hold

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Earlybird81(f): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nkem4040:

On the contrary, Yorubas don't even know the difference btw Delta-Igbos and Igbos.Once you are not Hausa or Yoruba,they refer to you as Igbo.Simple!How can a non native be the one to tell you where you belong or which part of the divide you should fall?Isn't that absolutely ridiculous and a bit shameful to the natives?!

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
oluole:

you can only deceive he who wants to deceived.

I have had a lot of issues with my friend Ikenna with this. We finished together but he hardly associate with the Igbos and sees himself as delta-igbo. He wouldn't respond if you speak igbo to him pretending he doesn't understand and the same with my ikwerre friends who does not see the igbos as theirs. would you now blame your enemy using your disunity to his advantage?
that's your friends business and its an individual thing,he doesn't want to associate with Igbo's does not mean delta Igbo is not Igbo..I also have Yoruba friends who don't wanna associate with Yorubas,does that mean they are not Yoruba??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
Adiola:
lienus oluwa you can't fabricate lie

you think so? when you come to Port Harcourt find your way to mothercat or come to Bayelsa and locate me at ox bow lake. my Xmas has always been Akwa Ibom and I dont ve a Yoruba friend for your information . I ve stayed in the south for the past 23yrs. if I context election here I will get a substantial votes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Udmaster I am not the Rivers state Government or the representative of this groups who put this information about their people on the website, if you disagree with the Rivers State Government about Rivers state Indigenes then your truly blinded by wateva lies u hold

Neither are we the Eze of Oyigbo township that declared his people Ndiigbo.
Who is the custodian of Oyigbo culture? Rivers state government or the Eze?

You are a clown.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by stonemasonn: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
long head idiotz we blame you cos you Yoruba's won't let us be,when you guys start minding you business,we'll stop blaming you,dumb asses
Haba baby gal
Yorubas are only interested with your girls
Honestly they don't know the difference between Igbo and Delta Igbos.

Omo you fine no be small. tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Udmaster I am not the Rivers state Government or the representative of this groups who put this information about their people on the website, if you disagree with the Rivers State Government about Rivers state Indigenes then your truly blinded by wateva lies u hold
Kalabari, Degema, Okirika can be regarded as Ethnic groups.
Does it mean that they are NOT Ijaws?
So Etche, Asa, Ndoki, Egbema etc can be seen as an Ethnic group but they are part of the IGBO NATION. .
NB: no point arguing, deep inside you, you know the truth. Stop lying to urself.
Divide and Conquer lie can't last forever.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by NICENEDU29: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
There is nothing like rivers igbo. Lies carried by south easterners
My friend shut up and get out of here if you dont know what to comment. Although I am not in support of referring to some parts of Rivers State who are actually Igbos as "Rivers Igbo" but are u denying the fact that some places in Rivers State like Oyigbo (Obi Igbo), Omuma, Etche, Omoku, even Ikwerre, Ahoada, etc are Igbos? Bearing in mind that they speak & understand Igbo though with little variations; they also bear Igbo names and practise Igbo cultures. So considering these, are u saying they are not Igbos? Of course they are Igbos and that is a fact that can never be denied. Now let me educate u a little: In Igbo Language, there is what is called Olu mba (native dialect) and Igbo Izugbe (Central Igbo). Each & every Igbo community has a dialect that is peculiar to it which others may not speak or understand. But when it comes to Central or general Igbo, all Igbo communities speak & understand

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
(in Osadebe's tone) Lekwa ha, Ndi ochongaloko
Looku dem!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Suddenly, all Afonjas now have Ika/ Ikwerre/ Aniocha friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, mothers, and even fathers. grin

Ndi ara.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
There is Anioma, and there is Igbo.
There is America, and there is England
There is Mexico, and there is Spain
There is Brazil, and there is Portugal.

Each pair are distinct, separate peoples, though they speak the same language.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by RickyTan: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igbo is Igbo is igbo
haters can keep hating

It's like saying Oyo Yoruba and Ogun Yoruba
Useless thread

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
NICENEDU29:

My friend shut up and get out of here if you dont know what to comment. Although I am not in support of referring to some parts of Rivers State who are actually Igbos as "Rivers Igbo" but are u denying the fact that some places in Rivers State like Oyigbo (Obi Igbo), Omuma, Etche, Omoku, even Ikwerre, Ahoada, etc are Igbos? Bearing in mind that they speak & understand Igbo though with little variations; they also bear Igbo names and practise Igbo cultures. So considering these, are u saying they are not Igbos? Of course they are Igbos and that is a fact that can never be denied. Now let me educate u a little: In Igbo Language, there is what is called Olu mba (native dialect) and Igbo Izugbe (Central Igbo). Each & every Igbo community has a dialect that is peculiar to it which others may not speak or understand. But when it comes to Central or general Igbo, all Igbo communities speak & understand

Nice lecture bro, but I'm afraid you just threw pearls at pigs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.