Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138740 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by marshborn(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Abagworo:
Anioma is more of an organization lumping Igbos and other Igbo speaking non-Igbos in Delta State together. The Igbos in Delta are found in Oshimili and Aniocha with parts of Ika and Ndokwa. The non-Igbos that speak Igbo are the 2 Ika LGAs and Ndokwas comprising Ukwuani ethnic group and Aboh ethnic group.

In essence Abagworo knows that Ibusa is Igbo, Asaba is Igbo, Ogwashi is Igbo, Okpanam is Igbo but Agbor is not Igbo, Kwale is not Igbo, Aboh is not Igbo but they all speak Igbo language. When discussing confidential Igbo matters I don't include them until they have a firm stand on their ethnicity and allegiance.
Which one is igbo speaking, non - igbos? What makes me an igbo man again minus the igbo language which I speak?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
pls oh what's d meaning of UMU IDU since u brought up d issue of umuigbo? It simply means children of benin and it's in anioma land. Truth b told some aniomas can trace their origin to d benin Kingdom
hahahahahaha. What an analysis. Nnewi nickname is AnaEdo, does it mean that they are from Edo.
Do ur umuidu speak Bini?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Clairvoyant(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Yes. I kicked the knowledge you need to get into ya thick skull.

Stop trying to claim everyone and stop forcing ya identity on people who have no ancestral connection with you. A lot of those people can trace their ancestral lineage to Bini. So why try to turn them Igbo?

The only reason why Igbos are there in the first place is cos Igbos were slaves everywhere around that axis all the way to present day Rivers. They came as slaves and later outnumbered the indigenous people and later settled there. Why do think Binis call Igbos, "Igbons"? Igbon means slave.

Everything is well documented and I will post excerpts from the accounts of British explorers in the 1800s in the "Liverpool to Onitsha" records. Igbos had the highest population in that axis (or even the whole today's Nigeria) back then and they were about 4milliion. However, the Igbos who weren't in Igboland were slaves in the other places. It is well documented.

So, why would slaves declare their own identity on the people they met there?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by marshborn(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
HenryThegreat1:
. Yes, I'm from Agbor but i can't speak igbo neither will igbo man speaks or understand agbor
And which language is called "agbor"?show me where agbor is listed as a language. As for me I don't speak igbo I speak "umuahia" abi? grin yeye dey smell

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Are you serious? You are just reaching for straws. Was it not Achuzia an Asaba son that led the Biafran Army that brought down the Niger bridge?

So a couple of misled sons of Anioma makes all of us complicit? Is that right?

Igboid:

What Anioma leadership is awakening to the fact that Anioma is not Igbo? Cos the last time I checked, the most prominent Anioma traditional leader is the Asagba of Asaba, and he remains a grand patron of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and a crusader for Igbo unity.

I don't think you know more about Anioma that the erudite professor of Medicine cum traditional ruler of Asaba himself. So you might as well go and park one place.

I'm not claiming to know more than him, after all he is my elder and a traditional ruler. However, I have also been educated by his peers, other rulers and accomplished men who disagree with his point of view. Who is to say he is more right that the others? The advantage of an open mind is one seeks the opinions of those who know better (even if they differ and compete), digests their teachings, and comes up with his own interpretation. Most of our leaders are seeing, with the benefit of hindsight, the errors of their assumptions and hopes as younger men. They are now realizing and acknowledging that there is a distinct Anioma identity, which must be nourished and cherished.

Igboid:

As long as the entire Nigeria is concerned, Nzeogwu is an Igbo man, because it serves their purpose of selling the "Igbo coup " propaganda, even though never for once had SEners denied Nzeogwu, despite the fact that we were made to bear the full blunt of his actions.

So somebody says "you are so and so", does that mean you cannot reply "no, actually, this is what I am"?

Igboid:

Can you get me a genuine verifiable document to proof that Ndiigbo jettisoned the Anioma state project in place of Ebonyi state creation?

These are the two I could easily find... there are publications in print that I can dig up too...

https://www.nairaland.com/2507315/anioma-asaba-people-not-igbo (which references "The ANIOMA, Vol. 10, No 1, May,
1999, p. 11"wink

https://books.google.com/books?id=jOS4CwAAQBAJ&lpg=PT17&ots=Z1I2z6e8cR&dq=anioma%20%20ebonyi%20state%20creation&pg=PT17#v=onepage&q=anioma%20%20ebonyi%20state%20creation&f=false

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
Slave trade happened everywhere even in YORUBA LAND, thats why you have yorubas in togo.
Your tribalistic mindset is entering into an emergency stage.
Which one is Igbon?
Hahahahaha. How did Igbon relate here?
Igbo is from NDI GBOO which means Ancient People.. It reflects in our name, Igbokwe- Ndi Gboo kwe,
2. UmuIgbo - Umu Ndi Gboo.
3. Amaigbo- Ama Ndi Gboo etc.
4. Even in Delta we have Igbuzor(ibusa by white men)- Ndi Gboo bi na uzo
Etc. Quit tribalism, it will do you good.

Shut ya gob and pay attention to the knowledge I'm kicking lol. All I'm doing is to civilise ya primitive mindset lol.

Igbos outside Onitsha to the West and anywhere South of Igboland got their through slavery. They were slaves in the two axis pre-Nigeria and it is well documented. Yes, they did outnumber the indigenous people in those places. However, that doesn't negate the fact that they went to those places as slaves. So, why would people who settled in places outside their ancestral lands as slaves want to dictate an identity to the indigenous people they met there? A lot of folks from Delta in the so called Aniona for example can trace their ancestry to Bini and they were the ones who owned these Igbo slaves. Slaves can't dictate to the owners of land - learn to pick ya battles wisely.

Oyo owned slaves but they were mostly Bariba, Fulani, Hausa, and Nupe. And apart from Ilorin, most of these slaves were assimilated into the Yoruba identity and they are Yoruba today. That's what Igbos in Delta need to do - assimilate into the Bini culture they met there. And if they can't do that, the ones who are Igbo should claim Igbo and let the Bini ones claim Bini.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by FTBOY: 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
[s]
basilo101:
Ikweres are disgusting people. I love this Aniomas
[/s]thunder fire you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Clairvoyant(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Yes. I kicked the knowledge you need to get into ya thick skull.

Stop trying to claim everyone and stop forcing ya identity on people who have no ancestral connection with you. A lot of those people can trace their ancestral lineage to Bini. So why try to turn them Igbo?

The only reason why Igbos are there in the first place is cos Igbos were slaves everywhere around that axis all the way to present day Rivers. They came as slaves and later outnumbered the indigenous people and later settled there. Why do think Binis call Igbos, "Igbons"? Igbon means slave.

Everything is well documented and I will post excerpts from the accounts of British explorers in the 1800s in the "Liverpool to Onitsha" records. Igbos had the highest population in that axis (or even the whole today's Nigeria) back then and they were about 4milliion. However, the Igbos who weren't in Igboland were slaves in the other places. It is well documented.

So, why would slaves declare their own identity on the people they met there?
Dont like getting into E wars.. but... pls post your source...
and hey!.. we are talking about the people or the so called igbons (the igbos that are not in igbolands) that speak igbo, no one is claiming any landmass

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by RickyTan: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Another useless thread designed to drive traffic

Ok it's like saying you Ogun Yoruba
And Ekiti Yoruba

Very meaningless thread designed and targeted at emotion and jobless people

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by marshborn(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oktoberfest:
...during d civil war d "igbos" blew up d niger bridge n left ika n asaba to their fate n 4dat reason they av always hated igbos n prefer 2be called anioma or ika rather than igbo...
Didn't we also leave udi in Enugu to its fate? The Nigerian army invaded igboland through there. So what's ur point?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
bt wen ibe kachukwu was made d minister of state for petroleum, wat was d reaction of d easterners? Dey said he is from ika and not an igbo man and therefore fg can't say dat d position is being occupied by an igbo man.

You are not serious.

When Ibe Kachiukwu was appointed, it was Yorubas and their Northern brothers that went around saying that they know that Igbos will reject him, saying that he is not from SE.

Never for once did we malign Ibe's appointment, we welcomed it, and simply said that it's not enough, that we wanted more.

Stop this your sob and victim story already. It exists not.

Okonjo Iweala biggest supporters remain SEners even though she is an Anioma daughter.

If anything, it was Ika people that started warning us here to stay away from celebrating Emefiele when GEJ appointed him the CBN governor, by reminding us that he is an Agbor man from Ika and not an Igbo man.

By the way, Ibe Kachiukwu is not an Ika man, he is an Enu-ani man, and you hardly encounter Igbo denials amongst Enu-ani people. Igbo denial is mainly an Ukwuani and Ika problem.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Clairvoyant:

Dont like getting into E wars.. but... pls post your source...
and hey!.. we are talking about the people or the so called igbons (the igbos that are not in igbolands) that speak igbo, no one is claiming any landmass

I'll post it when I get home in a few hours.

I don't say things without academic references to back them up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Are you serious? You are just reaching for straws. Was it not Achuzia an Asaba son that led the Biafran Army that brought down the Niger bridge?

What Anioma leadership is awakening to the fact that Anioma is not Igbo? Cos the last time I checked, the most prominent Anioma traditional leader is the Asagba of Asaba, and he remains a grand patron of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and a crusader for Igbo unity.

I don't think you know more about Anioma that the erudite professor of Medicine cum traditional ruler of Asaba himself. So you might as well go and park one place.

As long as the entire Nigeria is concerned, Nzeogwu is an Igbo man, because it serves their purpose of selling the "Igbo coup " propaganda, even though never for once had SEners denied Nzeogwu, despite the fact that we were made to bear the full blunt of his actions.

Can you get me a genuine verifiable document to proof that Ndiigbo jettisoned the Anioma state project in place of Ebonyi state creation?

How can we look down on Anioma and still elected Anioma sons to lead Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and Aka Ikenga, both of which are apex and elitist Igbo organisation?

Nwanne, you are talking off point.
Asagba of Asaba is not a recognized king in Delta. A monarch from a tiny Anioma village commands more respect than the Asagba. Please stop saying what you don't know. If you're from the east, you can never understand Deltans. We might have issues with the Urhobos because of politics, but we understand each other more than Anioma and East. They can call us Igbos for political reasons. It's a form of derogatory word for them and they enjoy doing it. It's all because of politics but deep down their hearts, they know the difference between Anioma and igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by marshborn(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I'm from Anioma but I can only understand about 50% of Central Igbo. A typical Agbor man doesn't know the meaning of words like Odum, Agu, ichie, gburugburu, ju ese, umu azi, I can go on and on. I sat an Igbo friend down last year and began to ask him the meaning of many Igbo words. I was surprised about how little I know
I am from umuahia and i can't understand 70% of what an ebonyi speaks if he chooses to speak in his own dialect... so according to your theory I am igbo but "umuahia" abi?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Shut ya gob and pay attention to the knowledge I'm kicking lol. All I'm doing is to civilise ya primitive mindset lol.

Igbos outside Onitsha to the West and anywhere South of Igboland got their through slavery. They were slaves in the two axis pre-Nigeria and it is well documented. Yes, they did outnumber the indigenous people in those places. However, that doesn't negate the fact that they went to those places as slaves. So, why would people who settled in places outside their ancestral lands as slave want to dictate an identity to the indigenous people they met there? A lot of folks from Delta in the so called Aniona for example can trace their ancestry to Bini and they were the ones who owned these Igbo slaves. Slaves can't dictate to the owners of land - learn to pick ya battles wisely.

Oyo owned slaves but they were mostly Bariba, Fulani, Hausa, and Nupe. And apart from Ilorin, most of these slaves were assimilated into the Yoruba identity and they are Yoruba today. That's what Igbos in Delta need to do - assimilate into the Bini culture they met there. And if they can't do that, the ones who are Igbo should claim Igbo and let the Bini ones claim Bini.
hahahaha, funny reply by bigotry.
The yorubas in togo, benin, was it not slave trade that got them there?
Hahahahaha. Ur bigotry is well known here. So its time consuming and pointless arguing with you.. I got busy things doing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
the same way an Nnewi, Ohafia, Onitsha, Ezzi etc man can't undertand Central Igbo well because they have their various dialects just like Agbor.
Central Igbo is owned by nobody but formulated by Igbo scholars to implement A linguistic understand between various Igbo dialects Speakers.
please stop lying to yourself. If they don't understand central Igbo then it's not central Igbo. An average Igbo man understands at least 90% central Igbo but I can give 50% to my ika people and maybe 70 to the Enuanis.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Kingsley1000(m): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good num of them do change name and their towns
Ubenedictus:
There are binis who now anioma, very many villages in onitcha-ugbo goes by d prefix 'idumu' that is a bini word, it shows that the time they were named the people had a bini-ish language, the history of issele uku says they migrated from bini. i also know a chiefly anioma family and their anscentral name is isibor, which is bini not ika or iboid. There is a lot of bini anscentry in anioma.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
marshborn:

I am from umuahia and i can't understand 70% of what an ebonyi speaks if he chooses to speak in his own dialect... so according to your theory I am igbo but "umuahia" abi?
who removed your brains? Did you hear me talk about dialect? Is central Igbo same as dialect?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by olureignforever: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:
Suddenly, all Afonjas now have Ika/ Ikwerre/ Aniocha friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, mothers, and even fathers. grin

Ndi ara.

Onye Osi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Asagba of Asaba is not a recognized king in Delta. A monarch from a tiny Anioma village commands more respect than the Asagba. Please stop saying what you don't know. If you're from the east, you can never understand Deltans. We might have issues with the Urhobos because of politics, but we understand each other more than Anioma and East. They can call us Igbos for political reasons. It's a form of derogatory word for them and they enjoy doing it. It's all because of politics but deep down their hearts, they know the difference between Anioma and igbos.

You are lost. They call you Igbos because they know you are Igbos. They have been there with you all through.

They knew when your sons were basking in the glory of the Igbo Union, when the Igbo ethnic group was at the peak of her prowess, they knew you took delight in being Igbo then, and they know why some of you are running away from your shadows.

Perhaps you need Prof Ita Sagay to reset you malfunctioning brain again, nkwa I present Mr Sagay therapy to you: https://www.nairaland.com/2858845/prof-sagay-many-igbos-didnt

Btw, Asaba is the biggest and most important Anioma town today. I know this fact is very hard for Agbor and Owa people to bear, seeing as they held sway over Anioma in the past. But such is life, things change.

Asagba of Asaba by the virtue of Asaba status today as the most important Anioma town, remains the most important traditional ruler in Anioma today.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by marshborn(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
who removed your brains? Did you hear me talk about dialect? Is central Igbo same as dialect?
So explain to me what is central igbo? Who created it? I only speak "umuahia" not central igbo, therefore i am not IGBO!! Thanks you grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ubenedictus(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
NICENEDU29:

My dear you argue so blindly. Without anything more, the name of the place "Anioma" alone is enough to convince anybody, even the biblical "Thomas the Arguer" beyond doubt that Anioma is Igbo. Pls get sense ok.
It is not so cut and dry many anioma people are anscetral non ibos. besides anioma is a new construct.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by codemaniacs: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
Slave trade happened everywhere even in YORUBA LAND, thats why you have yorubas in togo.
Your tribalistic mindset is entering into an emergency stage.
Which one is Igbon?
Hahahahaha. How did Igbon relate here?
Igbo is from NDI GBOO which means Ancient People.. It reflects in our name, Igbokwe- Ndi Gboo kwe,
2. UmuIgbo - Umu Ndi Gboo.
3. Amaigbo- Ama Ndi Gboo etc.
4. Even in Delta we have Igbuzor(ibusa by white men)- Ndi Gboo bi na uzo
Etc. Quit tribalism, it will do you good.

slave trade has nothing to do with Yorubas been in Togo... Oyo empire extended deep into some parts of Ghana.. Colonialists created the countries and separated villages..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Manamax(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
bt wen ibe kachukwu was made d minister of state for petroleum, wat was d reaction of d easterners? Dey said he is from ika and not an igbo man and therefore fg can't say dat d position is being occupied by an igbo man.

Ibe kachikwu is from Onitcha Ugbo not Ika. The reason why the Easterns made such comment was that they were considering geopolitical zone wherein Delta State fall under South South.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Shym3xx: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
hahahaha, funny reply by bigotry.
The yorubas in togo, benin, was it not slave trade that got them there?
Hahahahaha. Ur bigotry is well known here. So its time consuming and pointless arguing with you.. I got busy things doing.

Lol. You sound like an illiterate lol.

Were those Yorubas in those places there before there was anything called Yoruba and have always been there before Togo and Benin were created during the scramble for Africa? Those Yoruba settlements in those places are even older than most Yoruba towns in Nigeria, save for Ife. And they're all older than Oyo and even Dahomey. So, how the hell did slavery get them there? Lool.

No. Slave trade didn't get them there - those are their ancestral lands. But colonisation separated them from the other Yorubas.

The same can't be said about Igbos outside Igboland cos they ventured outside the forest as slaves. It is well documented.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Sultanchidi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
hahahahahaha. What an analysis. Nnewi nickname is AnaEdo, does it mean that they are from Edo.
Do ur umuidu speak Bini?
let me make u understand a little. It's d name of one of d quarters in my village.They don't call d quarter dat name 4 nothing. D man who first settled in d quarter is a benin man and everybody from dere is a direct decendant from him their fore father. It's not a nickname

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Lovelynature(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
I quite agree with u, am from anioma and most of the pple in my community av suffered great marginalization from d so called igbos. An uncle of mine dat lives in anambra was told he is not igbo bt ibo and he always complain of how dey act towards him as if he is from d West or north
Chidi calm down. I understand what you mean. You see, most Anambrans are proud people. They brag and act the same way towards people from Enugu and Ebonyi. But that isn't enough reason to deny one's identity. Anioma and Ikwerre dialects are even more understandable to other Igbos compare to Abakaliki dialect

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by LeFreakSoChic(f): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
long head idiotz we blame you cos you Yoruba's won't let us be,when you guys start minding you business,we'll stop blaming you,dumb asses

Shut up you dirty girl. Look at your armpit like a coal pot. Even with this blinding filter, you are still ugly as hell with your African hairline that you keep 'flattening' with cheap gel.
Look at the section you visit the most... Romance!
Expecting you to contribute intelligently is like asking you to stop begging for recharge cards. Cover up your dirty self and go back to being silly!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Sultanchidi(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
Manamax:

Ibe kachikwu is from Onitcha Ugbo not Ika. The reason why the Easterns made such comment was that they were considering geopolitical zone wherein Delta State fall under South South.
ok geopolitical zone abi, it's alright
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. You sound like an illiterate lol.

Were those Yorubas in those places there before there was anything called Yoruba and have always been there before Togo and Benin were created during the scramble for Africa? Those Yoruba settlements in those places are even older than most Yoruba towns in Nigeria, save for Ife. And they're all older than Oyo and even Dahomey. So, how the hell did slavery get them there? Lool.

No. Slave trade didn't get them there - those are their ancestral lands. But colonisation separated them from the other Yorubas.

The same can't be said about Igbos outside Igboland cos they ventured outside the forest as slaves. It is well documented.
and the yoruba descendants in Brazil and Cuba? Was it not slave trade?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Sultanchidi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
Lovelynature:
Chidi calm down. I understand what you mean. You see, most Anambrans are proud people. They brag and act the same way towards people from Enugu and Ebonyi. But that isn't enough reason to deny one's identity. Anioma and Ikwerre dialects are even more understandable to other Igbos compare to Abakaliki dialect
ok
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Unimaginable123: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

Anioma is actually a coined word, that also conveniently means ani-oma good land. Aniocha Ndowka Ika Oshimili + MA = ANIOMA
Is Nigeria not an English word? A variant of Niger-Area. Not sure that this means Nigerians are English people...
is nigeria a tribe? Aniocha, Ika, ndokwa, Oshimili are all igbo words

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.