Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138744 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
Earlybird81:

On the contrary, Yorubas don't even know the difference btw Delta-Igbos and Igbos.Once you are not Hausa or Yoruba,they refer to you as Igbo.Simple!How can a non native be the one to tell you where you belong or which part of the divide you should fall?Isn't that absolutely ridiculous and a bit shameful to the natives?!

Abi... it's like how oyinbos call all of us Africans, or say, "I went to Africa last week", so somesuch rubbish
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
long head idiotz we blame you cos you Yoruba's won't let us be,when you guys start minding you business,we'll stop blaming you,dumb asses
confused fellows even your struggle for biafra republic has been a failure so far...i heard you guys sacked nnamdi kanu who is the one agitating for your independence..how confused can you guys get..its just like southafrica sacking mandela grin grin....you just fine outside..na carbon monooxide dey inside your head instead of brain....gerarahia mehnnn!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by laffwitmi: 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
See wetin this flatie dey talk bcuz of Niger delta oyel lol... Ojukwus don suffer for this thread lol
Igboid:
Suddenly, all Afonjas now have Ika/ Ikwerre/ Aniocha friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, mothers, and even fathers. grin

Ndi ara.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Adiola(f): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
dadabashua1:
for heaven seek.. can't you discuss your issues about your tribe without involving the Yoruba's? haba... which kind wahala be this.. why do you just love to hate people for no reason.. am a Yoruba I have never seen igbo as a problem to me not even close.. why all this rubbish... everything must try to involve Yoruba's just to start the usual E war... grow up pls... mtchewwww
my dear its good and better to scare away the vultures from slaughter cos definitely they must come
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
that's your friends business and its an individual thing,he doesn't want to associate with Igbo's does not mean delta Igbo is not Igbo..I also have Yoruba friends who don't wanna associate with Yorubas,does that mean he's not Yoruba??

if you take statistics majority of delta igbos don't like being called igbo and same with ikwerres for obious reasons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:
There is Anioma, and there is Igbo.
There is America, and there is England
There is Mexico, and there is Spain
There is Brazil, and there is Portugal.

Each pair are distinct, separate peoples, though they speak the same language.
There is Nnewi and there is Igbo.
There is Onitsha and there is Igbo
3. There is Arochukwu and there is Igbo.
I can go on and on. Then who is an Igbo?
Even in Anioma, there is Aniocha and there is Anioma.
4. There is Oshimili and there is Anioma. So your analysis is flawed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:
There is Anioma, and there is Igbo.
There is America, and there is England
There is Mexico, and there is Spain
There is Brazil, and there is Portugal.

Each pair are distinct, separate peoples, though they speak the same language.

Silly. America and England are located on two different continents, like Wise Mexico and Spain, Brazil and Portugal.

The only thing that links America to England is colonialism, same with Spain and Mexico, Portuguese to Brazil.

At what point was there ever an Igbo empire that extended her imperialistic influence over Igbo speaking lands in Delta and Rivers state?

Nigeria education system is really dysfunctional, if it keeps churning out peeps like you that lack the elementary basis of rational reasoning.

Tufiakwa!

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by realkingqueen(f): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
vikyno:
Honestly I don't see myself as an Igbo man. I am from Anioma and I wonder why it has always been like this. Most people I know from my side will deny the Igbo only to be betrayed by language ties.

It may as well be cultural mix with other tribes over the period of time that is the cause or perceived greed and love of money by the mainstream Igbo.
well,if you don't see yourself as an Igbo person doesn't mean you're not an Igbo person and doesn't mean other people from Anioma don't see themselves as an Igbo person..its actually an individual thing,I have Yoruba friends who don't wanna ever associate with yorubas and don't want anyone to know they are yorubas but that doesn't mean they are not yorubas,they are just denying themselves..and this igbos love money thing is becoming annoying,everyone loves money,its not a tribal thing.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
bee444:
A tribe that favours personal acquisition to the detriment of its entire populace and kingsmen is a danger to itself. Igbos are architect of their own subliminal decimation misfortune. You can't blame someone else for addressing you in a manner you unwittingly accepted.

When it comes to culture, the Yorubas thrive uncomprosingly unapologetically. Same thing the Fulanis and Hausas. My Igbo people on the other hand would rather you give them business than tell them to observe one yeye culture. The Delta-Igbos are also to blame. They sit on the fence.. Part of them yearn for Igbos and part for Yoruba. They are confused people.

All in all, whether you're Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani or Hausa, we should all learn to live forget in harmony and peace. Seceding thought only brings segregation, produces fear and divide everyone.

Peace

Ahem... we are not confused, we actually have diverse origins in Anioma, traceable to Yoruba, Benin, Ibo, Igala, and so on.

Just like Americans are traceable to many different parts of the world: you have those that identify as Italian descent, Irish, English, Japanese, Indian, Nigerian descent, and so on. Just because somebody hungers for the Italian food of his origins does not make him less American, nor someone who wants to dress in Indian clothes. Likewise, just because Aniomans identify with their places of origin, or have attributes common with those places does not make them less Anioman.

Anioma is a melting pot of peoples who have forged a unique identity, different from where they might have come from. I wonder why this is so hard for the majority of Nigerians to appreciate.

Not arguing for secession per-se, but it cannot be ruled out outright. Ask Europe if its countries are not divided on mostly cultural and lingual lines, demarcated by millenia of wars and secession struggles. Even USA had its own war of secession while it was a very young republic.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by shamecurls(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
Delta-Igbo or Igbo

5% remains 5%

It's alters or changes nothing......

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
what part of anioma are you talking about and what people migrated from Benin
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by olureignforever: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
RealCJ:
Am proud of you dude, there is nothing like Delta igbo. We are one and we shall remain one! The idea of bringing division among us has failed. Hausa fulani and yoruba cowards should take note.

Make I pack here dey observe

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
laffwitmi:
See wetin this flatie dey talk bcuz of Niger delta oyel lol... Ojukwus don suffer for this thread lol

Afonja, when are you going to reclaim Kwara from your Fulani overlords?

Why are you interested in Igbo man issues? Could this picture explain your demonic attachment to Igbo speaking but oil bearing lands?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
realkingqueen:
you actually made no sense and that's because you're a certified dumb ass
you talking like someone that is mentally retarded..you know whatt?..i'll leave you to your stupidity....you're pretty tho...but its quite unfortunate that you're not as smart

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

Ahem... we are not confused, we actually have diverse origins in Anioma, traceable to Yoruba, Benin, Ibo, Igala, and so on.

Just like Americans are traceable to many different parts of the world: you have those that identify as Italian descent, Irish, English, Japanese, Indian, Nigerian descent, and so on. Just because somebody hungers for the Italian food of his origins does not make him less American, nor someone who wants to dress in Indian clothes. Likewise, just because Aniomans identify with their places of origin, or have attributes common with those places does not make them less Anioman.

Anioma is a melting pot of peoples who have forged a unique identity, different from where they might have come from. I wonder why this is so hard for the majority of Nigerians to appreciate.
every Tribe in Nigeria have diverse origin even the yorubas, bini, Efik etc.
It makes no logical point to see a small diverse origin as a distinctiveness.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Udmaster:
every Tribe in Nigeria have diverse origin even the yorubas, bini, Efik etc.
It makes no logical point to see a small diverse origin as a distinctiveness.

True. But when non-Anioman's don't understand us and try to lump us all together with people we are not, we have to emphasize and remind them that we are diverse and cannot therefore be assumed to be part of some arbitrary group that is being imposed on us.

Most people see Yorubas as a group, and don't remember the diverse origins. Same for Igbos, Hausas, Fulani. Since people have not generally come to see Anioma as a group, we have to kick against any lumping. You won't see any of this noise when Nigerians recognize Anioma as a distinct entity, the way they recognize Igbos or Yorubas.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Sultanchidi(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
vikyno:
Honestly I don't see myself as an Igbo man. I am from Anioma and I wonder why it has always been like this. Most people I know from my side will deny the Igbo only to be betrayed by language ties.

It may as well be cultural mix with other tribes over the period of time that is the cause or perceived greed and love of money by the mainstream Igbo.
I quite agree with u, am from anioma and most of the pple in my community av suffered great marginalization from d so called igbos. An uncle of mine dat lives in anambra was told he is not igbo bt ibo and he always complain of how dey act towards him as if he is from d West or north

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Godwin616: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
blueseacats:
I have come to realize that akwa ibomites are more at peace with igbos than any other riverine tribe. Am, of course very happy about that if it continues that way.

My fellow Igbos are becoming pathetic about trying to merge riverine areas with the mainland igbos, drop this fight and move on to a better goal.

What is a better goal? transforming Igbo land to the technological capital of Africa, form a powerful alliance with akwaibom, not because of oil but because we have enjoyed good friendship with them since the civil war, and we can use their ports as our outlet to the Atlantic and the world at large.
You are on point. I have come to realised that all these claims and counter claims about ethnic identities across boundaries boil down to the economic advantage derivable from the unification of the region. South East should first unite and develop the region and watch as other neighbouring states such as delta,Akwa Ibom,Rivers automatically form an alliance with them. My brothers please let's do more and argue less.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by danot1030: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
what do you expect from a people seeking for identity? Both are identity seekers, like the igbos is either they are trying to identify with the Niger Delta or they are claiming to be Jew or Uganda or they are claiming to be lagosians or Abuja land owner.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Afonjas:
We are all Igbos, I'm from Imo State, when I was living in Onitsha I always go to Asaba to visit my bros, pidgin english is the primary language there but I still speak Igbo to Asaba people and they respond very well

but your moniker read afonja are you suffering from multiple personality disorder.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Real Aniomas don't call themselves Delta Igbo. They call themselves by their real ethnic groups. Anioma has so many different ethnic groups that calling the whole of Anioma Igbo is an insult to the non igbos in Anioma. 98% of my Ika people are from Edoid tribes and they reserve the right to either be igbos or not. Anybody arguing the Edo origin of most Anioma groups is only blinded by prejudice and biased.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by cyrilamx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
If igbanke like they can join the igbos. But must leave Bini lands. Anyone that want to claim igbanke territory as igbo land must be ready to battle with Oba of Benin and share in the fate of The Onyeregbulems. Any curse here boomerang.... tongue tongue tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Udmaster(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
nextstep:

True. But when non-Anioman's don't understand us and try to lump us all together with people we are not, we have to emphasize and remind people that we are diverse and cannot therefore be assumed to be part of some arbitrary group that is being imposed on us.
The yorubas are diverse in origin (e.g ijebus,badagary,oyo etc )but do you see them shouting that they are not yorubas?.
No one is imposing anything on you, An anioma man Nzeogwu led a coup, today its still seen as an IGBO COUP..
Did the Anioma leaderz release a statement for it to be changed to ANIOMA COUP.?
Anioma is just a modern coined name, Western Igbo have been the Ancient names used by men like Osadebey.
Say the truth and stop beating around the corner.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by laffwitmi: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ojukwus,for your information I'm an ijaw man and I prefer afonja to u flaties lol
Igboid:

Afonja, when are you going to reclaim Kwara from your Fulani overlords?

Why are you interested in Igbo man issues? Could this picture explain your demonic attachment to Igbo speaking but oil bearing lands?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by nextstep(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Silly. America and England are located on two different continents, like Wise Mexico and Spain, Brazil and Portugal.

The only thing that links America to England is colonialism, same with Spain and Mexico, Portuguese to Brazil.

At what point was there ever an Igbo empire that extended her imperialistic influence over Igbo speaking lands in Delta and Rivers state?

Nigeria education system is really dysfunctional, if it keeps churning out peeps like you that lack the elementary basis of rational reasoning.

Tufiakwa!

Ah ah... has it come to that? I was simply giving examples that the fact that a people speak a certain language does not make them the same as the originators of said language. You are right about being on different continents and colonialism, and I shall look for more appropriate analogies in the future. However, if an Anioma person speaks Igbo, yet traces his origins to Yoruba, Benin, Igala, and other places, based on his own unique history, why would you insist that he is of Igbo stock, without trying to understand his point of view? That was the point I'm trying to make.

Is such a person Yoruba, or is he Igbo? Or both? For us, we think neither of the three, because that emphasizes the other regions without recognizing the emergence of a newer identity: he is Anioma

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Sultanchidi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Manamax:

You can say some not most as regards to your second sentence. Majority of Delta North are ibos
u used d word IBOS . That's d problem d so called igbos from across d Niger will say dat we aniomas are IBOS and not igbo. So y forcing aniomas now to accept that dey are igbos
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Anioma is more of an organization lumping Igbos and other Igbo speaking non-Igbos in Delta State together. The Igbos in Delta are found in Oshimili and Aniocha with parts of Ika and Ndokwa. The non-Igbos that speak Igbo are the 2 Ika LGAs and Ndokwas comprising Ukwuani ethnic group and Aboh ethnic group.

In essence Abagworo knows that Ibusa is Igbo, Asaba is Igbo, Ogwashi is Igbo, Okpanam is Igbo but Agbor is not Igbo, Kwale is not Igbo, Aboh is not Igbo but they all speak Igbo language. When discussing confidential Igbo matters I don't include them until they have a firm stand on their ethnicity and allegiance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Byko899(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
the major reason Igbo's across river prefer not to speak Igbo is because they feel their dialect is awkward, not knowing they are not alone in it,Abakaliki, Nsukka, Ngwa and Egbema also feels the same, it is generally acknowledged that anambra Igbo is more sweet hence everybody wants to speak it,am not from anambra but I struggle to speak their kind of igbo ,every Igbo community has a dialect peculiar to it,some sounds so funny that the indigenes might not be proud to use it with a fellow Igbo.

the funy thing is that ikwerre, agbo and asaba Igbo sounds more clear and closer to anambra Igbo than nssukka,some part of abakaliki and ngwa,

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Eliteklaus(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time. #IGBOukwu

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sultanchidi:
u used d word IBOS . That's d problem d so called igbos from across d Niger will say dat we aniomas are IBOS and not igbo. So y forcing aniomas now to accept that dey are igbos

Igbo is Ibo just like Agbara is Abara or Okpara is Opara. Autography is different from spoken words and dialects. Writing Orka as Awka only changes its autography but not what it represents nor even pronunciation.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Godwin616: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Abugab:
The problem with the Igbo folks is the same Igbo folks.
They are too divisive even to the family level.
You are right. Anambra Ibos believe they are the most enterprising.Imo think they are the most educative. They see Ebonyi as being lazy and so on like that. In short, they are their own main problems. Same applies when they want to marry even from within themselves. I have never seen a tribe so divisive.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.