Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? (25995 Views)

If An Igbo Becomes The President Tomorrow, Will They Want Biafra? / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by lonecat: 3:04am On Sep 25, 2016
Police salary won't be less #150k with a very decent accommodation & medical facilities, conducive working atmosphere, flexible car/housing loan, 50% subsidized school fees for their children (same & more goes for d military) & state policing will be introduced to fight crimes locally.

No governor, will be allowed to use medical facilities abroad, their children must all attend public schools in their various states and no jumbo allowances/salaries for past office others just a regular pension

Give appointment to technocrats to head various ministries

Implement true federalism so as to set a competition among States

Slash d money spent on legislatures: 1 senator/state 3 rep/state & no newspaper allowance, furniture allowance, wardrobe allowance & all unnecessary allowances they are using to scam d country, if u want a luxury lifestyle, go and hustle.

Govt can only own stakes in companies & regulates while d private runs it

Any brand that wants to sell in Nigeria market, must build a factory here. We have d market & these companies wants to tap into it

Imported items will be heavily taxed.

Piracy will have a 5yrs jail term placed on it so creative people can st least rip their hard work.

Religious bodies will be taxed

Looters must return d said amount looted then fined with a jail term. Bribery will have a jail term of 20yrs for both parties.

Have a centralized data system with everyone's record & most payments will be done electronically to minimize corruption

Give access to d public to see govt quarterly expenditures.

Human right laws will be strong

Govt contracts won't be awarded randomly, companies will have to bid for it so they can come up with d best ideas. Any individual guilty of trying to bribe its way to get a contract will be forced to sell off d company to any interested buyer.

Govt will partner with willing individual/companies to make agriculture produce more than enough for the country & her main export while other minerals resources comes 2nd

Well, tired of typing.
Make me d president and find out d rest.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by davidif: 5:50am On Sep 26, 2016
Thoniameek:

We shouldn't copy everything American.

As of now capitalism isn't good for Nigeria and Nigerians (we are greedy enough)

We should find a system that works for us as Africans, so far we've been threading on the part of our colonial masters; which hasn't done much good for us.....

Wrong!!!! Capitalism is not solely an American thing its a universal thing. Its the oldest form of economics. Everyone taking care of themselves and doing what's best for themselves.

[size=14pt]capitalism[/size]

noun cap·i·tal·ism \ˈka-pə-tə-ˌliz-əm, ˈkap-tə-, British also kə-ˈpi-tə-\
Full Definition of capitalism

: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

"Capitalism is an economic system in which capital goods are owned by private individuals or business partners. The purest form of capitalism is free market or laissez-faire capitalism, in which private individuals are free to determine where to invest, what to produce or sell, and at which prices to exchange goods and services. Most modern countries practice a highly regulated and mixed capitalist system."

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/capitalism.asp

"Capitalism is an economic system based on private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit. Characteristics central to capitalism include private property, capital accumulation, wage labor, voluntary exchange, a price system, and competitive markets. In a capitalist market economy, decision-making and investment is determined by the owners of the factors of production in financial and capital markets, and prices and the distribution of goods are mainly determined by competition in the market."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

"Capitalism is moral and practical as it leaves the individual free to think rationally and act productively to sustain ones life and experience happiness on earth."

http://capitalism.org/

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by poiZon: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Kuku talk truth, u na DULLBRAIN... OLODO_alai_nikan_se
i get dull brain but am not sure it can compete with ur olodo papa own.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
poiZon:

i get dull brain but am not sure it can compete with ur olodo papa own.

LOL, dude admitted of been a dullard!!! Thank you on Nigerians behalf! Alai_nikan_se
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2016
davidif:

Wrong!!!! Capitalism is not solely an American thing its a universal thing. Its the oldest form of economics. Everyone taking care of themselves and doing what's best for themselves.

[size=14pt]capitalism[/size]

noun cap·i·tal·ism \ˈka-pə-tə-ˌliz-əm, ˈkap-tə-, British also kə-ˈpi-tə-\
Full Definition of capitalism

: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

"Capitalism is an economic system in which capital goods are owned by private individuals or business partners. The purest form of capitalism is free market or laissez-faire capitalism, in which private individuals are free to determine where to invest, what to produce or sell, and at which prices to exchange goods and services. Most modern countries practice a highly regulated and mixed capitalist system."

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/capitalism.asp

"Capitalism is an economic system based on private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit. Characteristics central to capitalism include private property, capital accumulation, wage labor, voluntary exchange, a price system, and competitive markets. In a capitalist market economy, decision-making and investment is determined by the owners of the factors of production in financial and capital markets, and prices and the distribution of goods are mainly determined by competition in the market."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

"Capitalism is moral and practical as it leaves the individual free to think rationally and act productively to sustain ones life and experience happiness on earth."

http://capitalism.org/

I know the meaning of capitalism

All I'm saying is; in system of government where nothing works like Nigeria, capitalism is just another form of exploitation of the people like the so called democracy

By the way you can't say I'm wrong when it's just my perspective to things - now, that's another problem of Nigerians, we're just too full of ourselves

It's high time you look beyond your nose

Twitter: @ReadyNaija
Instagram: Ready_Naija
Facebook: Nigerian Youths
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by davidif: 4:38am On Sep 28, 2016
Thoniameek:

I know the meaning of capitalism

All I'm saying is; in system of government where nothing works like Nigeria, capitalism is just another form of exploitation of the people like the so called democracy

By the way you can't say I'm wrong when it's just my perspective to things - now, that's another problem of Nigerians, we're just too full of ourselves

It's high time you look beyond your nose

Twitter: @ReadyNaija
Instagram: Ready_Naija
Facebook: Nigerian Youths

Capitalism is not perfect but I would take it before I take any other economic system.

Democracy is the worst form of government...except for all the others
- Winston Churchill.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by midol: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Dissolve the forced 'Oil unity', let people choose who they want to live with, the constituent parts will take of itself. No country can succeed without shared values, Ask Germans, Ask the French.

What value does an Igbo man share with a fulani? Zero! So why are we here deceiving ourselves?
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mikolo80: 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

6. Implement State Policing:
every state must have their own Police.

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

[b]13. Reduce number of senators and reps:
there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

who is going to do all this
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by enomakos(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
youngeagle:
Kill all those old Generals...the country will take care of itself.
bro why did you steal my ideas?
Any way you shall add the thieving elites
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by chadwickcollins(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
i go share d country

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits Pauline Tallen Over The Death Of Her Husband (Pics) / APC Condolence Message To President Jonathan / Oil Bunkerer Arrested As Soldiers Raid Criminals Hideouts In Niger Delta. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.