Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? (25993 Views)

If An Igbo Becomes The President Tomorrow, Will They Want Biafra? / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
ba7man:
I'll create a public holiday where corrupt Politicians will be publicly stripped naked and flogged on NTA with the national anthem on repeat in the background.

Their supporters too will be lashed on tv till 4pm before cartoons and soap operas take over.

They'll be a repeat broadcast at night.

Thank you.
You're the best comedian of the year! grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by 19naia(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Governemnt has to subsidize farming and other food production related industry and then government must manage a food surplus program.
Philippines manages a rice surplus stockpile that the government uses to regulate the price of rice to keep poor people from starving in lean times. They all eat even if the poorest eat meagerly. No one starves in lean times. The governemnt buys up rice in surplus years at the cheap rate and then floods the market with the stockpile during lean years to keep prices stable.
Agriculture and food production has to be subsidized and surplus years have to be exploited by government to create a food stock reserve, Strategic reserves for the food security of the nation.
USA sef ,heavily subsidizes farming and food production as well as manages surplus stock piles and then goes further to ensure food security for all by offering free table-food programs to all who cannot feed themselves because of disability or simple lack of income.
Food is the first matter of survival of a nation. If Nigeria cannot manage a basic food security and feeding welfare program, there is serious problems and priority dysfunction..

Oil is very important to Nigeria and i do not disagree with Nationally owned oil resource. But as soon as the oil leaves the ground, it becomes market product and should become open market fare without Governement involvement or subsidies. The governement controls it and owns it as it is in the ground as a resource in waiting, Companies can then bid for government allotment as in oil blocks or right to tap the oil. Subsidies for oil may be needed from time to time but it should never be cash subsidies for import of oil. It should be more lenient allowances for access to the raw material in the ground. Governement should be paid it's royalties for access to the oil in the ground and then governement should be paid taxes along every step of the trade for the sales and profit from the oil products. Government should not be in the business of tapping oil, refining oil, shipping oil. Only involved in oversight and regulation of those businesses.

Banks. Banks must be forced or encouraged by incentive to make loans that offset needs for imports and to support the local production of normally imported goods. Nigerians must benefit from Imports but also Nigerians must benefit from local production. When imports overwhelm the total consumed where local production could do the job instead, there is terrible risk waiting to ruin the economy when the main sources of the foreign reserve are affected by international markets. Nigeria cannot be so extensively at the mercy of the international market trends. local production will make more local employment and keep more local money circulating in the local economy. Oil money is good but if food and other basic sustenance rest mostly on oil money, serious trouble will arise especially when the oil money comes from international markets while Nigeria does not control the international market trends locally(Saudi arabia does that). Nigerian oil could be refused entirely by the world market and it would not put a dent in the world supply of oil. That is a warning sign to Nigeria that it is in a precarious perch where the fruit is good but the tree is on unstable ground on the expendable fringes of a desirable territory.

Making Nigeria Desirable for local Nigerians and foriegners alike. Ghana is skyrocketing due in major part to the single factor of international appeal. Ghana still has african style slums and other unattractive scenes common to africa, but they have much in the way of considerable effort put towards being attractive enough for americans and other nationalities to move there to live and invest. They have coruption, inflation and other diqualities as can be found in Nigeria, but foriegn airlines that have backed out of Nigeria, have moved to ghana to fill the deficiency Nigeria has stumbled into. Ghana produces oil as well, yet they are able to keep enough order during the oil market crash, so as to meet airline needs where Nigeria has failed.
The Difference is Ghana prepared well and was not as heavily rooted in oil as Nigeria was when oil riches shrunk with the value of oil per barrel. Ghana had other resources and economic activities to rely on. They have seen inflation and salary stagnation like Nigeria but they are picking up Nigerias airline service slack and are well in the economic race compared to Nigeria. Ghana is expanding oil production as well.
Nigeria's safety does not rank as high as Ghana, -what is an investment if it is not safe?
Nigerian roads are not as well kept and safe as Ghana roads. It makes life so much easier when roads are good and safe.
Nigerian electricity supply is not as good as Ghana supply, although Ghana supply can use some improvement. Tap water?
Out of all of west Africa, Nigerian roads are the worst, but Nigeria does have a better Network of roads albeit in very bad condition.
So quality of infrastructure is important.
Some Nations bring in billions of $ a year from tourism alone and it is among their top sources of Income. Nigeria can hardky compet with Thailand and Peru for tourist $, but Nigeria can start by making itself appealing and safe and slowly reap the dividends.

Education infrastructure also must be invested in and to the extent of post education programs that focus on improvising for the enhancement of local production. We had NYSC do well for those who graduated from the higher education institutes. They do a great service to the country, but a program that has graduates actually working in production and innovation to enhance the economy by increasing supply of vital products at a reduced cost, will have a more powerful effect than cash subsidies in a corupt nation always looking for a $pot to loot.

Imagine an educated youth corp that was actually farming to grow crops that can be sold, actually working production lines to maintain or innovate existing production facilities(nigerian steel plant is abandoned) or infrastructure like power supply lines and so. Even just postings to keep watch and inspection over power lines and transformers will create huge leaps in stability and costs savings. There are many graduates of electircal engineering, agricultural sciences, civil engineering -such as applies to road maintainance. Just one year of this kind of service for each graduate. NYSC was a great idea but its application was not as well placed in the economy. Having NYSC members teach and help medical situations and help sanitation activities are ok, but where you can really impact a nation's lives- is through food in their belly, resources and utilities reaching their needs. All the food needed is possible if people would just farm it.
All the needed roads of good condition are possible if enough people would just be there working to build and maintain them. Same goes with power supply and so on. The NYSC members would leave the corp after one year with their agriculture degree and experience with actually making a farm and yeilding food, and its possble they do so well it was a profitable farm selling so well that they decide to stay there and help it expand and grow into a significant part of the regional GDP. Same with the Road working civil engineers and so on. They may decide to stay where their work has done well rather than wander the unpredictable job market for years.

You could have an educated youth corp that is actually profitable and causing a net reduction of government expenses in the sectors the youth corp operates in. They need to be allowed the land, the public work assignments and also a reasonable share in the yield of their productivity. Incentives to do their best rather than just manage as carefully as possible on a fixed meager stipend out of governement coffers. A model that breeds innovation and independently sustainable works. Nigeria lacks enough innovation and sustainability of what works it does implement. Many of Nigerias works were nice but not sustained over the long term and today appear in shambles. New works go in regulalry but the sustainability is still an issue for the long term.

If Nigeria had enough local production, some of the oil sector $ income would remain at the end of every year and add up year after year to a net gain of a perpetually growing economy. A good start is with more local Refineries to make more than enough of Nigeria's local consumption of fuel at the pump.
The privatization of sourcing refined fuel from abroad ,has not stopped the drain of foreign eexchange from Nigeria oil income base. It has just moved the drain out of government hands and into the banks who then take the drain back to the CBN which then gets the foriegn reserve again from the government oil income stock. So foreign reserves are still squeezed, no change except where the move has freed government from the cost of subsidies and that is an improvement for governemnt while the people pay higher prices. Not having to buy imported refined fuel will keep the foreign currency reserve free from so much pressure and able to go towards importing things to grow productivity rather than things to consume and later discard as waste.

Also Agriculture has no reason to not be in a perpetual net surplus every year even if one or more crops fail or do bad in any given year. Enough agriculture to export and balance out imports of crops that cannot be grown in Nigeria. Nigerians should not fall for the trap of Foriegn imports if they are sold for cheaper than the locally produced version. Some major exporting nations do not actually produce their products cheaper than can be produced in Nigeria, but their governments subsidizes the exported products to make it possible for the producers to sell at a loss but still profit from the subsidy. USA is one of the cheapest food to table places compared to the overall cost of living and quality of life. It is because USA agriculture is heavily subsidized. As i said before, Nigeria must subsidize agriculture production and then subsidize food to table production once agriculture farm produce reaches a bountiful level.

Raw materials such as ores can be processed in Nigeria and there is no need to always sell out to china or any other when Nigeria wants to develop a huge factory. Maybe employ Chinese to Build ore processing facilities, but let Nigerians be the company that runs the show. If need be, give China shares or mining rights, but they must in return, develop Nigerian owned ore processing companies for Nigerians to run and own.

Serious environmental oversight in Industrial sectors. Chinese will poison any environment they exploit for wealth and so will Nigerians if they are not watched and directed in safe ways to operate for the preservation of a non toxic environment. What good is a wealthy nation if it is a poisoned land, water and air to make life miserable. People would rather live as bush men than live in EKO Atlantic if they had to die early of cancer of organ failure because the environment was poisoned in the making of a well developed nation. China has made a serious example of such a bad predicament.

Any way, all of what i have listed here is not everything but i assure you they are things being worked on even under this dismal Buhari leadership. Maybe the more dynamically productive youth corp and environmental oversight is not so much part of Buhari leadership, but some things require a more stable economy before we can implement them. When the economy recovers and the governement coffers are stable, a very dynamic and profitable youth corp should be implemented.
A youth Corp where members do not want to leave for fear that no other job can be as good for them. And maybe the job market will be so envious of the youth corp productivity and profitabilty, that they will come begging for the youth corp members to come and turn their private companies into such a similar success. Its a matter of how people apply themsleves within an organization. Free up the limitations and diversify the implementations. Out of that will come innovation and real productivity that goes beyond just giving a service ,but to include making a product. A healthy economy is the right balance of service sector and Product making sector. Product making has to be very significant and must be hand in hand wherever there is service. Life depends on consuming products and those products are served under the service sector. National youth service corp is unbalanced because they are lop-sided to the service aspect and not seriously embedded in the very significant aspect of Production. The foundation of service should be production. Nigeria's major economic problems today are rooted in neglected productivity. We have to train this into the educated youth to change the mentality that defines the economy.

But as we all know with Buhari as well, no matter what we do, if the deep long throats of corupt looting sociopaths are not disconnected from the loot ,influence and power they guzzle, no amount of productivity and wealth will see the nation come to stability and appeal to locals and foriegners alike. The corupt looters will chop it all down, ruin everything, leave Nigerian's in squalor and run abroad to behave as if they have worked hard and deserve respect. Even a highly productive and profitable youth corp would be rendered into slaves by corupt leaders who run off with the hard work of smart and innovative educated youths getting their first fresh start in life. Shameless old vultures who have no respect for anyone yet demand all respect from everyone.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by happney65: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
omolola15:
Where's happney65 number 1 hater of Buhari. Ejo I use God beg you, write a novel like you normally do. I wanna know what you'll do differently if you are elected as the presido of this we great nation. I take God beg you. Reply. How will you rule Nigeria. No tell me sey you no get chance oooo. I'm eager to read from you.

veekid I beg you help me see happney65 anywhere? It's as if he's in ghost mode

I dont Hate Buhari..Just saying the truth..You are a Zoombie my broda..You know me from the word go,I am so so passionate about my country..

Rule..1..I will place all Politicians on minimum wage and Make Nigeria Practice true Federalism cos if that is done...All our Problems are gone...Guess you dont know what Federalism is?Please Make a Google Search..

Thank You
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Blue3k(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
1st improve economic freedom
2nd start multigrid solution for power.
3rd return land rights to people
4th enforce property rights make sure cattle herder threat stoppes for good
5th police reform make them discplined.
6th destroy BH and make peace with ND
7th resources control to states.
I will add as more comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Arjeeni: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
1. Saving economy is better said and tedious to carryout in actions but as a president I will give all it takes to have round peg in round hole and save no stone unturned to ensure good economic growth.
2. I will not mistake a lawyer who will not seize to see all situations from problematic point of view and must solve at all cost to technocrats nationalist who sees all situations as not a problem that must not only solve but liberal and civilly.
3. Likewise I will not entrusted ministry of finance to an accountant who only knew how to keep records of treasury instead an economist who will standout in economizing limited resources of the state and put to judicious use any available fund.
4. My educational programs will be handled only by academia, science and practical vocational school will be the first priority.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
What Would You Do To Save Nigeria If You Were Elected As President? http://topnewsforum..com/2016/09/what-would-you-do-to-save-nigeria-if.html
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by cleoblizz332(f): 12:27am On Sep 24, 2016
I will resign if I found out I can't fulfill my task
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by AntiWailer: 12:55am On Sep 24, 2016
oslae:

Lol...he got 34 likes already, that is just my problem. He isn't alone grin

Very sad.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Spidermon: 1:05am On Sep 24, 2016
Conduct a credible and proper census of the true Nigerian population

Conduct a referendum/National conference where all tribes can come and re negotiate the terms of our amicable co existence or split as is decided.

Redesign or altogether discard the quota system to reflect merit driven procedures.

Invest heavily in education and healthcare. Education is key!!

Privatize all government agencies in charge of providing social amenities and let the market forces determine prices and watch the living conditions of Nigerians improve.

Ban medical and educational tourism for govt officials at all levels.

Listen to the best economic gurus and get the country out of recession ASAP

Scrap the Senate.

Legalize weed.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by olaife80: 1:10am On Sep 24, 2016
I will change the system of government back to regionalism or disintegrate it asap!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by kabman: 1:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Hire the best economists in the world like stiglitz,barro,schleifer and oneal to direct my economic policy

Legalise marijuana

Reduce senators to 72

Privatise assets to dangote

Decentralise government

Reduce no of states

Redo census

No government servant can earn more than 15 million naira yearly

Free education up to secondary schools,student loans for uni
Subsidize healthcare and make it free later to clinch my re election

Massive funding for universities

Jungle justice for corruption

Invest in the army and invade cameroon

Interest rates must never be more than 5%

Make plans for a west african currency with nigeria manipulating it.

Lobby western politicians to provide funding to power africa.

Get rid of democracy and replace it with a capitalist communist system like china.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by omolola15(m): 2:01am On Sep 24, 2016
happney65:

I dont Hate Buhari..Just saying the truth..You are a Zoombie my broda..You know me from the word go,I am so so passionate about my country..

Rule..1..I will place all Politicians on minimum wage and Make Nigeria Practice true Federalism cos if that is done...All our Problems are gone...Guess you dont know what Federalism is?Please Make a Google Search..

Thank You

You kuku know I'm more intelligent than you. No dispute about that. So you know i know what federalism means.

So you think that's all this country needs? You forgot about the corrupt politicians that'll keep frustrating your work. Let me stop there, but you know the list is endless. You can not even maintain oyo state talk less of Nigeria. Your charisma no fit grin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by zelaws: 3:26am On Sep 24, 2016
[/quote]DjAndroid
FIRST, I WILL MAKE POLITICAL OFFICE BE AT PAR WITH CIVIL SERVICE. EVERY POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER WILL BE IN A CERTAIN GRADE LEVEL AS THE CIVIL SERVANTS WITH THEIR SALARY STRUCTURE. THIS WILL MAKE POLITICS NON-LUCRATIVE.[quote]

All political office holders are already on grade level with civil servant salary structure but they still have a way of stealing.
Civil service is the place where corruption is birthed and nurtured.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by fatboislim(m): 3:46am On Sep 24, 2016
Fix power problem and all othdr sector of the economy will be revived.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by successinlife: 4:00am On Sep 24, 2016
It is a bit difficult but a step at a go will help build a vibrant Nigeria.

1.reduce police autonomy,police should be accountable to the law,they can arrest and transfer the case in maximum of 24hours to the nearest mobile court,no more illegal or unnecessary detention of the the masses.Alot of law graduates are roaming about the streets with no work to do, the govt can employ them to be check and balances.

2.Police should also be accountable to a superior body,like where i live,it is called police of police,they are often in mufti with an invisible recording camera,once an officer tries to be corrupt by taking or accept to take bride,his work is done,he is fired from the force,Nigeria police force have to be sanitised.

3.With abundant of human resouces which is constituted by the youths,sports grounds should be built everywhere and well managed to produce talents.

4.Nigeria should take it a serious venture to make citizen data information available at one call,blood group at birth,birth certificates delivered by only the govt and criminal data record stored so that citizen would be known in their ward,local govt,state and federal govt.

5. the first two years should be on agriculture,govt should sponsor all sectors to participate in agriculture,instead of keeping a criminal in prison and feeding him,taking care of his/her health,such prisoners should be taken to vaste farmland where they will work for the govt and get paid some allowance so that the govt can benefit and the prisoners will have revenue at the end of prison term.

6.All political office holders should henceforth submit their bank statement before assuming a political duty,and income should be proportional to yearly bank statement of account,anything overblown should be querried by financial police.

7.In this age,we should never pay fine for any offence committed to any law enforcement agent,govt should create a govt fine account,known to all and sundry,if an offence committed,pay the appropriate fee to the govt account and the law agents should leave the offenders once he/she presents proof of payment.

8.govt should support and encourage the youths,old men in our top offices should give way for the youths,i see people that have been serving since 1970s still holding unto power in our system,it is very wrong,where are the young and vibrant youths?

9.Free education to all.

10.All religious body,churches,mosques,temples etc with whatever name is called should pay 40% tax to the nation from whatever they get in cash,gifts etc,we have to sacrifice for the entire populace,no more govt support or aid to prigilmage to nowhere.

If we can eradicate corruption and cater well for our youths and have a citizen data base i think Nigeria problems would be half solved.We can't talk of infastructure etc without putting the system of running it in place.the problem of common man in every country worldwide is food,
shelter and security
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by veekid(m): 4:19am On Sep 24, 2016
happney65:

Thank You
Motherfucker
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by davidif: 4:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Thoniameek:

I agree with everything you wrot except number 3

Reason(s) being If you privatize government assets that weren't working properly or at all, it will only encourage capitalism...

Let me elaborate: take the crude oil for instance it would've been better if we built the refineries and make sure things were working at least to some extent before handing it over to a private sector....

If not, it'll make the private sector exploit the people for so many reasons and for what is theirs and theirs to enjoy if only the government were accountable....

Wish I knew a better way to put this to you

It's like when you want to sell a bad car; you would get ridiculous pricing because of the state of the car, the buyer wouldn't take into consideration what they would make afterwards.....

Capitalist system is one of the many problems Nigeria has no thanks to the colonial masters

Twitter: @ReadyNaija
Instagram: Ready_Naija
Facebook: Nigerian Youths

What exactly is wrong with capitalism? Capitalism has brought many people out of poverty than any other economic system that i know. Socialism and communism have failed woefully.

Also, the govt has NO business running refineries or getting involved in business that should be left to the private sector. There job should be to monitor and collect taxes.

If the naija govt were smart they sell off those refineries quickly. They don't have the money or the technical expertise to make it run at full capacity. They should just cut there losses and get out of the business asap. The Nigerian people would benefit from it as long as the auctioning of those refineries is done in a fair and transparent manner.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by motherfucker: 5:52am On Sep 24, 2016
DjAndroid:
FIRST, I WILL MAKE POLITICAL OFFICE BE AT PAR WITH CIVIL SERVICE. EVERY POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER WILL BE IN A CERTAIN GRADE LEVEL AS THE CIVIL SERVANTS WITH THEIR SALARY STRUCTURE. THIS WILL MAKE POLITICS NON-LUCRATIVE.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by shaibu123: 6:04am On Sep 24, 2016
Very simple, slash the salaries of senators and house of Representatives and make it less attractive, doing so you save the country massive money.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by dsdarksite(m): 6:30am On Sep 24, 2016

Nigeria needs two things badly: patriotism and economic stimulus. There is one thing that will bring both: we should send our military to liberate our neighbours in West Africa from (especially French) neo-colonialism: Benin, Niger Republic, Chad, Cameroon, Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Senegal, Gambia, Mauritania, etc...

We would be a superpower overnight.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by sandland: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2016
1. I will make NAS part time work

2. I will phase out fuel ⛽ import.

3. I will phase out food importation.

4. I would have settled Niger Delta issues no matter what it takes.

5. I will lend to SMEs liberally.

6. I will guarantee that fuel ⛽ is refined here in Nigeria fully within one year.

7. Teachers will receive maximum pay.

8. Surveillance on police and politicians will be very high.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Uricas(m): 6:38am On Sep 24, 2016
DjAndroid:

As the president, everything is possible.
lol. You have failed already. The president of the USA, where they claim to be practicing ideal democrasy, will not say this.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by cindyrocks(f): 6:39am On Sep 24, 2016
I will relocate all Cattle Herdsmen to their country Guinea, after which I will appoint very wise/smart men and women in my cabinet to come up with the best economic policies so as to take Nigeria back to its former position as the best economy in Africa.

I will also strike a deal with Niger Delta militants to curb pipeline bombing.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Observant: 6:51am On Sep 24, 2016
omoplaycool:

Well said bro.. But when you try to do all these ,that's when some thieves and lawyers will start claiming rights et all.. And the national assembly too... They won't want to pass most of these into law....

Of course you don't expect the the beneficiaries of the current mess to approve these measures in which case you throw it open to the entire public through press conference and media publication. So they know who there real enemies are.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by signz: 6:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Many Nigerians are socialists. Issorai

I will lobby the NASS to restructure Nigeria. Full resource control for the states. State police. Review the land use act. This will encourage healthy competition amongst the states.

Find a way to monitor TSA funds with tech. Tell banks to use the funds to give out loans at single digit interest rate.

Mass retrenchment of civil servants from age 50 - retirement age. Employ fresh people from the private sector and get British civil servant consultants to train them.

Make sure that govt is not doing any business. Just strictly regulatory.

Give education all the attention it needs.

This will be done in my first 365 days.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Codedrock(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

6. Implement State Policing:
every state must have their own Police.

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

[b]13. Reduce number of senators and reps:
there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

Omg.. The best mind I have seen about Nigerian patriotism. I feel like following you now will you follow back??

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mach7(m): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

6. Implement State Policing:
every state must have their own Police.

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

[b]13. Reduce number of senators and reps:
there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

You have my vote sir. Your suggestions are well thought out and properly articulated, but know that you can't do this under this current system of democracy. You will need to abrogate more powers to yourself, you will need the cooperation of NASS on the reduction, you will need the forced cooperation of citizens to comply as they are generally stubborn etc. Insought, only a military dictator or a civilian president who allocates so much powers to himself without recourse to our corrupt constitution can see this through. Kudos sir.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by NigerianScholar: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2016
Lop, you think its this easy,Nigeria's problem is very complex
Dejiih001:
We no dey print money again for CBN?

At first I will ensure no one has more than a certain amount of money ( Maybe #10M ) and anyone that does have more than that my government will take it all from them and I will make much funds available for through common man by making all businesses viable so that it will suppress everybody hunger and taste for greed.

Also from the gathered money will I spend 50% on local SME's and Agriculture most importantly.

I will give all the governors altimatum of 60 days to pay up all outstanding salaries of their workers buy giving them enough bail out fund + henceforth any Governors that owns any salary above a month will be removed { that will be a quick bill to be passed}

I will implement PI Bill so that Niger delatans will be actively involved in the oil business.

I will encourage grazing for herdsmen.

And finally open an online suggestions box for every Nigerians to know what truly they want because our senators, members of reps and ministers are just figure head.

Good day.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by NigerianScholar: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2016
alist:
I would firstly change the currency, denominize and ban any form of capital flight...schooling health importation. All goods and services most be domesticated. Impliment the punishment for corruption as death. Make education free and compulsory at all levels. Promote African traditional religion etc .

You will be a million times worse than buhari. Do you have any idea how much the bolded above would cost to set up and maintain. With the crashing prices of crude oil. We dont even have the facilities for the production of pencil. 9ja dpesnt cater for 160k people. It caters for over 160 million
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by happney65: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2016
omolola15:

You kuku know I'm more intelligent than you. No dispute about that. So you know i know what federalism means.

So you think that's all this country needs? You forgot about the corrupt politicians that'll keep frustrating your work. Let me stop there, but you know the list is endless. You can not even maintain oyo state talk less of Nigeria. Your charisma no fit grin

Nobody is frustrating anybody's work..There they go again..Na person wey no want anything to do na hin dey complain say one person dey frustrate him as you zombiestic Fans of Buhari does...I guess Obama should have complained to high Heavens about wetin Republicans do for am?

Am sorry you wont know cos you dont listen to the News... grin oney ara.. grin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mikolo80: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2016
sparkleboy:
First of all, I would quietly Set-up a secret security outfit that would quietly kidnapp all Polithiefcians and crooked business theifs.
and billionaires go de look you
Dem no Sabi wia border de or wia to hire Boko or militants to kidnap you. Ask abacha.
Corruption fights back hard my friend

Force them to hand over their stolen wealth or they go through severe torture everyday.
I'll use the recovered wealth to build and set-up factories and corporations to produce most of what we import such as vegetable oil, groundnut oil, Textiles, electronics, automotive spare parts, tires, households electronics, tiles, bulbs, furnitures, shoes, chicken, turkey etc. and get experienced foreigners to head this corporations in order to forestall looting by Nigerians.
This would help to diversify our economy and create jobs.
The profits would be diverted to creating more companies and each corp would be mandated to source for external market, No excuses... angry sad
no govt business will survive
Then the excesses would be sold to other countries in Africa and Asia to earn forex.

Most of the income from oil would be to sort out recurrent expenditure which would be a way of pumping money into the economy.
civil servants will then take such money to buy imported goods
Then I'll start to figure out how to pay our National debt and gradually increase Funding to Agriculture and other mining business.

Mind you all the kidnapped thief's would be secretly tried and summarily executed . No story or mercy

I'll make sure Healthcare, education, security and Transportation receives most of the attention for capital investment
wey d capital
Tractors for agric is twice the national budget
Tractors o
Not fertiliser or irrigation or any other part of agric. Just tractors

Talk is cheap
And you no go de dia pass 8 years
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mikolo80: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2016
wizzyrich:
My opinion though.

But truth be told, the problems of Nigeria is very enormous, one person alone cannot single handedly solve her problems except if everyone comes together willing to solve it.

But I'm sure it won't be possible anymore because these problems are very deep rooted.
1 person solved South Korea Malaysia and Singapore's problems
Lie anoda lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) / Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ / Unknown Gunmen Killed Two People, Set Police Van Ablaze In Enugu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.