Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191518 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
lanre2009:
Have you tried to research why they don't have much feathers on their body?

No I havent.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by aAK1(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
organicfoods:
No I havent.
no need . That's how all original chi birds should look.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
organicfoods:
Now its getting very intresting! These chicken will be more than ready for christmas!
Right in my very own eyes this birds grew up to this stage? this is amazing! kudos, but pls how I'd love to purchase some from you, not only for eating but to also carry out some personal test on it, e.g: the taste,texture,toughness etc.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
stevejireh01:
Right in my very own eyes this birds grew up to this stage? this is amazing! kudos, but pls how I'd love to purchase some from you, not only for eating but to also carry out some personal test on it, e.g: the taste,texture,toughness etc.
No problem!

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
Fifth bag of feeds consumed.

Highest weight = 1394g
Lowest weight = 756g
Average weight = 1095g
Total weight = 53659
Total feeds consumed = 125000g
Total Number of chicken = 49
FCR = 2.3

Note: Only 13 birds are under 1kg after just 4 weeks and 5 days.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
organicfoods:
So 5bags consumed In 5weeks by 49 birds?

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
oo yeah
shakyriri:

So 5bags consumed In 5weeks by 49 birds?

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by yemexy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
are you formulating your feed by yourself or you are still buying it?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 6:29am On Nov 05, 2016
5 bags in 5weeks for 49 birds is great FCR! As they're suppose to eat about 12 bags in 8week.

Follow our favebook page on www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
organicfoods:

Highest weight = 1394g
Lowest weight = 756g
Total weight = 53659
Total feeds consumed = 125000g
Total Number of chicken = 49
FCR = 2.3

Note: Only 13 birds are under 1kg after just 4 weeks and 5 days.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2016
yemexy:
are you formulating your feed by yourself or you are still buying it?
I am still buying commercial feeds.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 10:38am On Nov 05, 2016
Turks:
5 bags in 5weeks for 49 birds is great FCR! As they're suppose to eat about 12 bags in 8week.

Follow our favebook page on www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
Please sir.what FCR is ideal or best bet?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lanre2009: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
Great job @organicfoods

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by omejeo: 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
organicfoods:
oo yeah
are yo still giving them starter or finisher
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
omejeo:
are yo still giving them starter or finisher
I changed to finisher at three weeks! Is this the madam from Enugu. .. I owe you, you should be the first to enjoy the full benefit of this.. pls send me a mail.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
More than 1.5kg in 5 weeks! This is the begining of an astonoshing Journey in organic poultry production. .. Layers loading!

6 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by omejeo: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
organicfoods:
I changed to finisher at three weeks! Is this the madam from Enugu. .. I owe you, you should be the first to enjoy the full benefit of this.. pls send me a mail.
ok sir mail sent

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by rotimi2020: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
dis is a pics of 36 fays broiler

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by rotimi2020: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
I'm sorry i could not upload the right pic on my fone , dis is just 25days maybe

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by rotimi2020: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
dis is my fone no 08130963855 add wit it on 2go u. wi see d right pics dere
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Mykeolinks: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Kudos bruv....mine is just right behind yours although not organic
organicfoods:
More than 1.5kg in 5 weeks! This is the begining of an astonoshing Journey in organic poultry production. .. Layers loading!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 6:36am On Nov 06, 2016
rotimi2020:
dis is a pics of 36 fays broiler
Your chicks are really looking great.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Ummulkhair20(f): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
organicfoods:
Following you keenly.. You inspire me everyday. Can't wait to see layers...

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Alhajipablo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
Yes
Yes
Yes
Just finished NYSC and I'm going into small scale organic poultry farming to test the waters.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
Alhajipablo:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Just finished NYSC and I'm going into small scale organic poultry farming to test the waters.
I will be glad to see your progress and give you the necessary support. As you can see, it is easier and cheaper with organic production.

6 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Following(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
organicfoods:
I will be glad to see your progress and give you the necessary support. As you can see, it is easier and cheaper with organic production.
But you have not given the crop farmers joy when u abandoned the organic farming thread! i am calling the dss to investigate ur actions and charge u to nairaland court
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
Following:
But you have not given the crop farmers joy when u abandoned the organic farming thread! i am calling the dss to investigate ur actions and charge u to nairaland court
shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassedNever did oooo Poultry farmers and Fishery need some real dose of organic input...Who am I to abandon the foundation of all production "CROP"
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GidiPrince: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
organicfoods:
This is my approach. For every 3kg of feeds, I add 500g of molasses plus two table spoon of lacto bacillus. I add enough water to cover it. Allow to stay for at least four days... I continued to harvest small quantity every other day and add fresh feeds and water plus lacto bacillus forthnightly without exhausting the broth. What I normally do is to harvest some of it and mix very well with dry feed and give to them.. . It smells so refreshing

Please OP, what is lacto bacillus and molasses? Can you share the pic or the local names. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Following(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
organicfoods:
shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassedNever did oooo Poultry farmers and Fishery need some real dose of organic input...Who am I to abandon the foundation of all production "CROP"
na u be BOSS o!but make a promise to resume nxt week or we go strike
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by yemexy(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
organicfoods:
I am still buying commercial feeds.
why can't you be formulating it just to reduce your expenses anyway kudos to you
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:02am On Nov 07, 2016
yemexy:
why can't you be formulating it just to reduce your expenses anyway kudos to you
I will be doing that in my next project. This one is to get rid of synthetic drugs and vaccines. I don't want to do too many changes too soon.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Following:
na u be BOSS o!but make a promise to resume nxt week or we go strike
Surely I will be on that case soon. Die

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:09am On Nov 07, 2016
Keenly following the progress of my birds smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.