Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191501 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2016
Turks:
Keenly following the progress of my birds smiley

Turks, good morning. What do you think I can do about my Noilers that keep fighting. They are 9 weeks right now.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2016
Morning boss...How was your weekend? Kindly separate them or if you lack space, give them vitamin K. Water leaf and Dongoyaro leaves are rich in Vitamin K. Get the leaves and squeeze it in their water for 3-5 days and watch the fighting and pecking end. I hope this helps..
kayo80:

Turks, good morning. What do you think I can do about my Noilers that keep fighting. They are 9 weeks right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2016
Turks:
Morning boss...How was your weekend? Kindly separate them or if you lack space, give them vitamin K. Water leaf and Dongoyaro leaves are rich in Vitamin K. Get the leaves and squeeze it in their water for 3-5 days and watch the fighting and pecking end. I hope this helps..

Okay. Thanks. I will go and buy Water Leaf asap!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2016
Yes sir.
kayo80:

Okay. Thanks. I will go and buy Water Leaf asap!

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
It's quite normal. They are just establishing a pecking order. Anyways watch them closely. If the fight causes injury, na cannibalism be day ooh.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
Can this dogoyaro also work in broilers..

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
SShadow:
It's quite normal. They are just establishing a pecking order. Anyways watch them closely. If the fight causes injury, na cannibalism be day ooh.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
jfkenny:
Can this dogoyaro also work in broilers..
It is normally used to treat coccidiosis in broilers too but it may affect weight gain because of the bitterness of the neem tree. The chicks will take less water leading to less feed intake.
I advise bitter leaf or dried grinded pawpaw leaves in place of dongayaro.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

It is normally used to treat coccidiosis in broilers too but it may affect weight gain because of the bitterness of the neem tree. The chicks will take less water leading to less feed intake.
I advise bitter leaf or papa leaves in place of dongayaro.
Thanks but did you intend writing pawpaw leaves. What can I used to treat snoring kind of cough in broilers..

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
jfkenny:

Thanks but did you intend writing pawpaw leaves. What can I used to treat snoring kind of cough in broilers..
Yes.
I don't know the organic leaf for snoring. Vet guys here should give you a better answer.
That should be crd disease in poultry.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
Organically?
jfkenny:

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 1:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Turks:
Organically?
Organically or inorganically
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Jofez: 2:32am On Nov 08, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Yes.
I don't know the organic leaf for snoring. Vet guys here should give you a better answer.
That should be crd disease in poultry.
try a blend of ginger and garlic+ honey.....

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by vheckthor1: 3:04am On Nov 08, 2016
I love this trend , I stay in ibadan, please where is your farm so I can pay you a visit, I need some tutorials on my broilers .

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 4:44am On Nov 08, 2016
Jofez:
Perfect solution!

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Jofez:
How do I mix this as in grind them and squeeze out the water or what please. I have used tylodox without success for like 5days now..
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2016
Use a blender. Blend the ginger and then add the honey afterwards. Add it to their water. But first, for this to work effectively, work on your litter management as well as your pen ventilation. These two criteria are key to their recovery asnd general health.
jfkenny:

How do I mix this as in grind them and squeeze out the water or what please. I have used tylodox without success for like 5days now..

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by confluence: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2016
@organic food , well done sir, i have been a silent reader of your thread, getting ready to come and learn from you. more grease to your elbow.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2016
organicfoods:
No I havent.

Please, which feed do you use? I mean, whether Top Feed, Animalcare, etc.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by confluence: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2016
@oganicfoods, please can you explain further how to formulate this sir
GidiPrince:

Please OP, what is lacto bacillus and molasses? Can you share the pic or the local names. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2016
kayo80:

Please, which feed do you use? I mean, whether Top Feed, Animalcare, etc.
I use Top feeds!

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2016
organicfoods:
I use Top feeds!

Okay. Thanks for this info.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Following(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
confluence:
@oganicfoods, please can you explain further how to formulate this sir
check his profile. he has a thread on lactobacillum and bim or visit his wesite earthfarmer..com.ng . make person no ban me o

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by samuelojimba(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
my brother for de feathers i the pen is another factor to be considered i think if ur using deep litter pen de birds may nt develop Enough feather because they re nt all that exposed to sunlight but there is nothing wrong with that my tot anyway

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by samuelojimba(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
pls sir can u share with us how one can culture these lacto bacillus and molasses ur talking about ur response pls waiting in anticipation
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Mykeolinks: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
It's been really interesting thus far...can't wait for the layers party to start cos that's my area of interest
organicfoods:
I use Top feeds!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Ummulkhair20(f): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
samuelojimba:
pls sir can u share with us how one can culture these lacto bacillus and molasses ur talking about ur response pls waiting in anticipation

Read through you will find answers to your questions. You can get molasses from a vet shop. It's cheap. I got mine for #200 a litre. "Unsulphured molasses"

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Themmiee21: 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good work sir, a very big gbosa to u. I av bin a follower of did thread and impressed at ur organic approach of poultry rearing. I was d one who commented on d post on your website dis afternoon.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
kayo80:

Ll it be ready by Xmas? Myn is 8 weeks now & i use top feeds, i feed dem constantly.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:

Ll it be ready by Xmas? Myn is 8 weeks now & i use top feeds, i feed dem constantly.

I just switched to Top Feeds yesterday when I wasn't getting good results with Hybrid. Yea, they would be ready by Christmas. At least, experts say they take between 12-16 weeks to reach maturity. Mine will be 16 weeks by christmas. Can you post pictures of yours?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 9:41am On Nov 09, 2016
kayo80:

I just switched to Top Feeds yesterday when I wasn't getting good results with Hybrid. Yea, they would be ready by Christmas. At least, experts say they take between 12-16 weeks to reach maturity. Mine will be 16 weeks by christmas. Can you post pictures of yours?
They're 6, 1st timer tho.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:

They're 6, 1st timer tho.

Nice. These are Broilers, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.