Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit (32847 Views)

Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Proffdada: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2016
xtervaganza:
If I begin to tell you the lies in the bible I'll bomb you out of Internet with FACTS

1st of, let there be light. Accordingto your book of lies(the bible) God said let there be light when he hasn't created the sun

So where did that light come from?

The bible recorded the 1st , 2nd and 3rd without the sun? Do you bible illiterates realise the only reason we have days is because of the sun?
what was the 1st word of God?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

There is still no human-independent evidence for the existence of a god or gods,
that is the main atheist argument and is devoid of any fallacy

This is a conjecture .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Herrmes: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2016
Realise this.

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

your understanding of faith and mine are probably different. i have faith and i have logic. your conclusion that faith must exclude logic is a man-made idea. the Bible itself does not exclude logic

But you will agree with me that I don't need faith to realise that water exists ?

Here is a classic faith exultation from jesus to a man who wouldn't believe
without evidence(have faith).

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29

If I may ask what is your understanding of faith ?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Genesis 2 18-19 said God created man before he created the animals

The same genesis 1 25-27 said God created animal before man

And you people take this joke of a book serious?

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is a conjecture .

You got proves ?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2016
Lennycool:
All the fallacies on your post are committed by both Christians and atheist alike, so I don't see your point.
The point is, how is Atheism better?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by JackBizzle: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

wrong! we who believe in God have plenty evidence of His existence. You just don't agree with us about the evidence but to us it is 100 percent veracious.

Which evbidence

My car exists because I can see it, feel it, smell it, hear it when it moves etc.

Have you seen God? Talked to him? Felt him? Smelt him?

No evidence for your God

3 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2016
Acts of apostle 22:9 said "And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they HEARD NOT THE VOICE of him that spake to me."

The same acts of apostle 9:7 said "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, HEARING A VOICE, but seeing no man."

Why is the bible full of lies grin grin grin grin

Only a fool will believe this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

You got proves ?

You are the one to provide proof .

You are making a declaration with absolute certainty .

Neocortex : : There is still no human-independent evidence for the existence of a god or gods
that is the main atheist argument and is devoid of any fallacy.

But the truth is man knows little about the universe and his existence to absolutely deny the existence of a creator , hence your conclusion was conjectural .

The deists can also argue against your declaration with the First Cause argument . The deists agree to the existence of a Supreme Being or God rejecting every personal experience or anecdotal evidence of God .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by JackBizzle: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

It still does not change the fact that Atheist are guilty of it. Your response is useless to the argument.

They are hardly guilty of it
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:29am On Oct 02, 2016
Proffdada:
what was the 1st word of God?
I wouldn't know

Since he doesn't exist grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2016
This is just too easy. Like lie Mohammedwrote the bible

Deuteronomy 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Same Deuteronomy 5:9 said "Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

These lies and contradictions eh

Lol

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

Which evbidence

My car exists because I can see it, feel it, smell it, hear it when it moves etc.

No evidence for your God

Absolutely ludicrous

You should say there could be no evidence for his personal God not the Supreme Being .

Is the Supreme Being also a personal God - that's another argument .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2016
xtervaganza:
Acts of apostle 22:9 said "And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they HEARD NOT THE VOICE of him that spake to me."

The same acts of apostle 9:7 said "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, HEARING A VOICE, but seeing no man."

Why is the bible full of lies grin grin grin grin

Only a fool will believe this nonsense

Wow !

Those are two different experiences .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

Which evbidence

No evidence for your God

don't refuse to understand me.

I already told you, you would probably disagree about whether or not my evidence would be evidence to you, which is why i said that subjectively, what i consider to be evidence of God is absolutely veracious.

so repeating this worn out line of my car exists because i feel it , etc, is really not applicable nor relevant here. Besides, can you feel, see, touch or smell atoms with any of your five senses? In order to perceive microbes, we must apply a different set of senses i.e a microscope. This should at least tell you that you should open your mind to the possibility of there being other ways of perceiving things.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

1. But you will agree with me that I don't need faith to realise that water exists ?

Here is a classic faith exultation from jesus to a man who wouldn't believe
without evidence(have faith).

2. If I may ask what is your understanding of faith ?

1. yes i agree. What does that have to do with anything?

2. This is a big question. Let me just say that Faith is belief in spiritual realities
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2016
xtervaganza:
This is just too easy. Like lie Mohammedwrote the bible

Deuteronomy 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Same Deuteronomy 5:9 said "Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

These lies and contradictions eh

Lol

No contradiction there. GOD can but YOU can't.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2016
2 Samuel 8:4 "And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven HUNDRED horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots."

1 chronicles 18:4 "And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven THOUSAND horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots."

kai even lai Mohammed go dear this lie
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are the one to provide proof .

You are making a declaration with absolute certainty .

Neocortex : : There is still no human-independent evidence for the existence of a god or gods
that is the main atheist argument and is devoid of any fallacy.

But the truth is man knows little about the universe and his existence to absolutely deny the existence of a creator , hence your conclusion was conjectural .

The deists can also argue against your declaration with the First Cause argument . The deists agree to the existence of a Supreme Being or God rejecting every personal experience or anecdotal evidence of God .

I know you are going to dodge that, the tone of my statement indicate a negative
reaction ("there is still no"wink but you chose not to see it as a proposition.

It is no different than asking me to prove that "Toothfairies" doesn't exist even
though you knew that the statement won't come about in the first place if someone
had not claimed that "tooth fairies" exist.

Why are christians today not like the believers of old, I remember reading how
elijah clear the doubts of the baal prophets.

But the truth is man knows little about the universe and his existence to
absolutely deny the existence of a creator

By this statement I will take it that you are an agnostic christian which means
you are also on the wrong side of the coin according to the bible.

Don't you think that more knowledge about the universe will weaken rather
strengthen a creator god ?

Once again atheist disbelief not deny the existence of any god,
you can only deny a verifiable truths not conjectures.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2016
1st chronicles 21:25 "So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight."

2 Samuel 24:24 "And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver."

And some mumu will tell me this filthy book of lies is holy?

Fxcking hell
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wow !

Those are two different experiences .
back it up with your Bible you liar angry angry angry just like your Bible
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by honourhim: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The haters have arrived. Hi hater!

Hating you or anybody won't add anything to my account balance so i dont hate people.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

how do you sleep at night with all these lies?

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

1. yes i agree. What does that have to do with anything?

2. This is a big question. Let me just say that Faith is belief in spiritual realities

1. means that logic is sufficient for objective truths while spiritual beliefs requires
faith hence any attempt to superimpose logic on faith is illogical.

2. Personally, I do not debate peoples belief in spirituality/faith unless they try
to make unprovable claim that their faith have consequences on others or project
their personal faiths.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by hopefulLandlord: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

Pls Click This Link and give us the right answers, thanks
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
2 Samuel 23:8 "These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time."

1 chronicles 11:11 "And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time."
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

They are hardly guilty of it
That's wishful thinking. Groupthink is in every area of life; politics, religion, Academics- everywhere. As long as people share a common ideology they are prone to groupthink. We are social beings and we want acceptance in the group to which belong. This might make us not want to think an idea further or express our opinion when we feel or think otherwise. You may not disagree with a statement but if you are not certain about it and yet you don't say "please let's deliberate on this a little more before drawing our final conclusion", you are guilty of groupthink. We know how many times we've all been guilty of this. Atheist can and have been guilty of groupthink many times.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by khalhokage(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
The distance between Egypt and Israel is about 613 Km but it took Moses and the Israelites 40yrs to complete their journey. Possibly, each day they only walked 43 meters. I wish Moses was alive to explain this kind of laziness.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by herald9: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Reading FELLOW NIGERIANS :TURNING POINT IN THE POLITICAL HISTORY OF NIGERIA by Dan Agbese

I think you should find something important to read too.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
xtervaganza:
how do you sleep at night with all these lies?
You are straying from the argument, my Atheist brother. I simply tried to show you that you are not right when you say there's a CONTRADICTION. Our Nigerian laws says we should not kill, but it does not say the executioner can't. Would you say the Nigerian Law is contradicting itself?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

I know you are going to dodge that, the tone of my statement indicate a negative
reaction ("there is still no"wink but you chose not to see it as a proposition.

Proposition or not , its still conjecture . And if proposed with certitude , logically I should ask for proof . wink

It is no different than asking me to prove that "Toothfairies" doesn't exist even
though you knew that the statement won't come about in the first place if someone
had not claimed that "tooth fairies" exist.

Tooth fairies were clearly invented in stories

Why are christians today not like the believers of old, I remember reading how
elijah clear the doubts of the baal prophets.

Since you actually agree that Elijah did clear the doubts of the baal prophets , then why do you still doubt ? So its obvious you are seeking for a personal evidence to clear your doubts .

If you finally have one , will you agree that God exists ?

By this statement I will take it that you are an agnostic christian which means
you are also on the wrong side of the coin according to the bible.

I simply countered your argument , I'm not an agnostic christian .

Don't you think that more knowledge about the universe will weaken rather
strengthen a creator god ?

God is not a concept so whatever knowledge discovered will not affect his existence .

But from your perspective , the knowledge about the universe keeps making the reality of His existence more glaring than ever .

Once again atheist disbelief not deny the existence of any god,
you can only deny a verifiable truths not conjectures.

Look up "deny" in the dictionary . smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daniel Olukoya Clears Air On Fraud Allegation On UK Church / Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety / 'Pray For Buhari Not To Die In Power' - Did TB Joshua Really Say That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.