Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit (32290 Views)

Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
xtervaganza:
how do you sleep at night with all these lies?

In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Pls Click This Link and give us the right answers, thanks
My response to him was to show him he needs to come fully prepared. He should not bring up points that don't support the argument. Like the OP said, Atheists too are guilty of ignorant argument.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by mostHandsome01: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
guys, stop wasting ur precious time with these Atheist, for dey have eyes and yet cannot see, they have ears and still cannot hear, their heart has been freeze like ice which cant melt except God chooses to make the see the light himself,

many Atheists that later realise the truth, a huge percentage of them didnt figure out the truth by sessions of baseless arguments, but by personal encounter with God,

REMEMBER the story of saul in the bible who later became paul (Acts chapter 9) he was a well known persecutor of God's followers, no man could change him until he had a 1 on 1 encounter with God which change is Life forever.

so guys, dnt try to change these people, rather pray they have a personal conviction or God comes to their rescue bfor it becomes too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by cooncudee(m): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
ireneony:
There are better things to discuss about other than all these gibberish. Op i sense you still live under a comfortable roof..cos you have time to analyse everything

tis a copy and paste work jor, im sure he does not even know if the assumptions in the essay are true representation of facts, he just thought "what an interesting write up, lemme post it on nairaland".

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by louie3(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
This op, you are just talking nonsense. I bet you've never met an atheist face to face before. All the things you wrote here does not reflect atheism one bit. Carry out your research before doing copy and paste. Mtchwww.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by cooncudee(m): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
mostHandsome01:
guys, stop wasting ur precious time with these Atheist, for dey have eyes and yet cannot see, they have ears and still cannot hear, their heart has been freeze like ice which cant melt except God chooses to make the see the light himself,

many Atheists that later realise the truth, a huge percentage of them didnt figure out the truth by sessions of baseless arguments, but by personal encounter with God,

REMEMBER the story of saul in the bible who later became paul (Acts chapter 9) he was a well known persecutor of God's followers, no man could change him until he had a 1 on 1 encounter with God which change is Life forever.

so guys, dnt try to change these people, rather pray they have a personal conviction or God comes to their rescue bfor it becomes too late.
you just hit the nail on the head, such arguments are only a waste of time and energy, it even makes matters worse when its baseless, a personal encounter is what some ppl need
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by kabukabu(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
Not really a question on atheism but my thought is simply this.
Islam and Christianity were forced on indigenous Africans by colonizing Arabs and Europeans. That is an undeniable fact.
They believed that African religions were Savage and that they had to forcibly convert them all.
How is that now Africans embrace the religions of their oppressors with such enthusiasm that is even greater than that of their masters.
Black Africans were hung in the US at special after church gatherings.Even till this day in the US the most segregated places are churches on every Sunday.Same goes Black African slaves and their descendants on every continent since slavery.
They gave you their religion to rob you of your dignity and self worth,obedient slaves were less likely to revolt.

Just my two cents here, can't really elaborate on these thoughts as I'm actually just waking up.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
cooncudee:
tis a copy and paste work jor, im sure he does not even know if the assumptions in the essay are true representation of facts, he just thought "what an interesting write up, lemme post it on nairaland".

I stated the source of Logical fallacy 1-5 and 9 right there - this means the rest were drawn from my arguments with the atheists . I also posted Seun's criticism of the Execution of Ananias and Sapphira as fallacious in fallacy number 8 .

Please read the posts next time instead of rushing into plain stupid conclusions .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by hopefulLandlord: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

My response to him was to show him he needs to come fully prepared. He should not bring up points that don't support the argument. Like the OP said, Atheists too are guilty of ignorant argument.

Is that your answer to the link?

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Tooth fairies were clearly invented in stories
Prove the above.

Since you actually agree that Elijah did clear the doubts of the baal prophets , then why do you still doubt ? So its obvious you are seeking for a personal evidence to clear your doubts .
I do not agree, it is just a scene from a story book you believed in and I thought
you will be happy to follow elijahs model instead of wasting energy on unfounded
propositions.

If you finally have one , will you agree that God exists ?
It is a simple case, same way I like other rational humans don't
spend time making claim that the sun or water don't exists, it is only logical
for me to accept the existence of a proven human-independent god.

I simply countered your argument , I'm not an agnostic christian .
You can't argue by being everybody at the same time that can only mean
that you have no solid point of reference.

God is not a concept so whatever knowledge discovered will not affect his existence .
Mind proving the bolded,
on one hand your statement shows you are absolutely
certain of the existence of your god on the other hand
you want others to not be sure of their disbelief since "we
don't know much about the universe"(that is relativist fallacy).
You actually lack the moral right to prescribe what you yourself
won't subscribe to.

But from your perspective , the knowledge about the universe keeps making the reality of His existence more glaring than ever .
Where the hell did you get these from ?

Look up "deny" in the dictionary . smiley
Let me help you if you can't check your dictionary for the word "deny"

1 [ with obj. ] state that one refuses to admit the truth or existence of: both firms deny any responsibility for the tragedy.
refuse to admit the truth of (a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence):
ex. an anti-environmentalist campaign group that denies climate change.

Since your god exists only in your head, it can only be disbelieved not denied.
Are you clear ?

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by abbey621(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness

But bros, I thought we were made in his image?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Is that your answer to the link?
All the points in the link are not new to me. I commented on a statement that was relevant to the points the OP made which is how Atheists can argue wrongly. His comment was one of such example. I choose not to respond to the link for fear I might reveal my stance. I should add that I am not a christian.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

1. means that logic is sufficient for objective truths while spiritual beliefs requires
faith hence any attempt to superimpose logic on faith is illogical.

2. Personally, I do not debate peoples belief in spirituality/faith unless they try
to make unprovable claim that their faith have consequences on others or project
their personal faiths.

1. That is the fallacy of composition. That logic can prove some objective beliefs does not mean it can be applied to prove all. When it comes to atheism, logic tells us that life must have started somewhere and that all things must come from something or someone. Logic also makes us realize that for the preceding principle to be true then we need to ask where the source came from. For which we have no simple answer. Logic then leads us to conclude that the truth must be something beyond the realm of known logical non-spiritual realities. Thus belief in the supernatural is entirely logical.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

1. That is the fallacy of composition. That logic can prove some objective beliefs does not mean it can be applied to prove all. When it comes to atheism, logic tells us that life must have started somewhere and that all things must come from something or someone. Logic also makes us realize that for the preceding principle to be true then we need to ask where the source came from. For which we have no simple answer. Logic then leads us to conclude that the truth must be something beyond the realm of known logical non-spiritual realities. Thus belief in the supernatural is entirely logical.

The bolded is pure speculation which will only lead to a circular logic, all things may have started from
many sources or nothing at all.

Ignorance can never be an excuse/prove of a supernatural/god,
everything in nature is natural, except you have conflicting
evidence.

From your own writing, you don't know how the supposed source came
about, how does that logically lead you to believe in an unproven supernatural ?
Don't you see that your conclusion doesn't follow ?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by mostHandsome01: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
cooncudee:
you just hit the nail on the head, such arguments are only a waste of time and energy, it even makes matters worse when its baseless, a personal encounter is what some ppl need
thats right!!!
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
A common and legitimate criticism of the atheist worldview is that atheism is illogical and irrational . Atheists claim to be logical while their arguments are suffused with logical fallacies grin grin

Below are a number of logical fallacies that atheists commonly commit.(Logical fallacy 1-5 and 9) were gotten from here

[size=14pt]1. Atheists and the fallacy of exclusion[/size]

The fallacy of exclusion is a logical fallacy where "Important evidence which would undermine an inductive argument is excluded from consideration. The requirement that all relevant information be included is called the 'principle of total evidence.

A . Fallacy of exclusion and the denial that Jesus existed

A classic use of the exclusion fallacy committed by many atheists is the denial that Jesus Christ ever existed.

Despite their being an abundance of historical evidence for Jesus Christ living in the first century, many atheists embarrassingly claim the Jesus never existed

In an article titled Scholarly opinions on the Jesus Myth, Christopher Price wrote concerning individuals who insist that Jesus Christ was merely a mythical figure:

I have often been asked why more academics do not take the time to respond to the Jesus Myth theory. After looking into this question, I discovered that most historians and New Testament scholars relevant to the topic have concluded that Jesus Mythers are beyond reason and therefore decide that they have better things to do with their time

B. Unreasonable and inconsistent evidential standards

Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God.

Atheists demand proof and evidence for other worldviews, yet there is no proof and evidence that atheism is true. Also, despite the abundant evidence for Christianity and the lack of proof and evidence for atheism, atheist reject the truth of Christianity. Atheists refuse to go where the evidence clearly leads.

In addition, when atheist make claims related to naturalism, make personal claims or make accusations against theists, they often employ lax evidential standards instead of employing rigorous evidential standards.

Professor Richard Lewontin, a geneticist (and self-proclaimed Marxist), is one of the world’s leaders in evolutionary biology. He wrote a very revealing comment. It demonstrates the implicit philosophical bias against Genesis creation — regardless of whether or not the facts support it.

Lewtontin wrote:

“ Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

The eminent Kant scholar Lewis Beck used to say that anyone who could believe in God could believe in anything. To appeal to an omnipotent deity is to allow that at any moment the regularities of nature may be ruptured, that Miracles may happen.

The evolutionist and immunologist Dr. Scott Todd, an immunologist at Kansas State University, perfectly epitomized the irrational evolutionary denial of the evidence for creation in his correspondence to the science journal Nature. Dr. Scott wrote: "Even if all the data point to an intelligent designer, such an hypothesis is excluded from science because it is not naturalistic

C. Atheism and extraordinary claims

Western Atheists often claim that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", yet they have no proof and evidence that the extraordinary claim of non-life becoming the first life solely through natural processes is true .

The least you can do is to give credit to the real owners of the article
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
JackBizzle cheesy cheesy cheesy

This type of thread is above your level ooo . Go and open your dead threads with poorly reasoned out thoughts

The article isn't even yours
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

The bolded is pure speculation which will only lead to a circular logic, all things may have started from
many sources or nothing at all.

Ignorance can never be an excuse/prove of a supernatural/god,
everything in nature is natural, except you have conflicting
evidence.

From your own writing, you don't know how the supposed source came
about, how does that logically lead you to believe in an unproven supernatural ?
Don't you see that your conclusion doesn't follow ?

It is simple. Read me well.the pattern I spoke of would only be circular without belief in the supernatural. My belief in the supernatural leads me to a belief in the creator.

You say all things may have come from many things, well these many things would have had to come from something or someone.

How is it logical to think that all things could have come from nothing at all? Is it there a single example of a case in nature where things have come from nothing? To believe that something can come from nothing, then you my friend, are a believer in the supernatural already
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

Prove the above.

Its all folklore . This should help : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_fairy

I do not agree, it is just a scene from a story book you believed in and I thought
you will be happy to follow elijahs model instead of wasting energy on unfounded
propositions.

Have you perused through numerous threads concerned with the testimonies of Christians who were once atheists ? People are having their doubts cleared through personal experiences , some people (deists) don't actually need it .

It is a simple case, same way I like other rational humans don't
spend time making claim that the sun or water don't exists, it is only logical
for me to accept the existence of a proven human-independent god.

When you say "proven" , what do you mean ? Asking Supreme Being to prove He is the creator of the universe or what ?

Do you realize that what serves as evidence for you concerning the existence of God may not be same for another person ?

Example :
Some reject macro-evolution because it is not observed. If you think fossils , DNA etc serve as evidence , there are strong arguments against those. So to an evolutionist , he has found his evidence for evolution . For the ones who repudiate the whole idea , they have their reasons and very compelling ones too .

Deist say that t nature , intelligence , design of the universe make the existence of a creator axiomatic . Observance of nature and intelligence in humans are surfeit evidence for the existence of God .

Even sef , the agnostic believe that you can't determine if God exists or not and they have strong arguments to support their beliefs . So have fun proving to an agnostic that God exists .

You can't argue by being everybody at the same time that can only mean
that you have no solid point of reference.

If someone says evolution is proof God did not create man , how do you think I should respond ?

The usual me will explain that some people believe God did it through evolution but I'm progressive creationist . This does not mean I do not have a 'solid point of reference' , I'm simply countering the argument . cool

Mind proving the bolded,

In this case , what I see as proof may not be what you see as proof .

on one hand your statement shows you are absolutely
certain of the existence of your god on the other hand
you want others to not be sure of their disbelief since "we
don't know much about the universe"(that is relativist fallacy).
You actually lack the moral right to prescribe what you yourself
won't subscribe to.

Well your argument failed because you know little about the universe , so why make a bold statement "God does not exist" ? - I was just letting you know

Where the hell did you get these from ?
You asked me what I thought about it , remember ?

Let me help you if you can't check your dictionary for the word "deny"

[quote]Since your god exists only in your head, it can only be disbelieved not denied.
Are you clear ?

This is a conclusion , and logically , I should ask for evidence wink
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

The least you can do is to give credit to the real owners of the article

Its right there in the introduction !!!! Logical fallacy 1-5 and 9 were gotten from a source ,"here" was hyperlinked to the source , the rest was mine .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Zikdik(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
You love generalizing, don't ya? I wanted to compose a credible reply but very few here on Nairaland deserve that. I hope you know your copied article's logic is sh*t though.

One more thing, being an atheist isn't about philosophy and logic and science. It does not take rocket science to figure that Santa only exists in mythology and folklore.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Zikdik:
I hope you know your copied article's logic is sh*t though.

Logical fallacy pooh-pooh
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

The article isn't even yours

I modified the original article and added my own logical fallacies . I'm tired of repeating this honestly .
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Actually a bit surprised at most of the arguments here. Something along the lines of "but you do it too!!" Or "Don't ask foolish questions" is mostly what I see.

Interesting thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by HajimeSaito(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Well written. But Ifenes is rather a poor example to cite as the typical atheist. He is too dimwitted to merit such a distinction.
Ifenes actually believes in voodoo. What kind of atheist believes in voodoo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by cooncudee(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Some Christians need to realise the only mandate given to them is to spread the gospel (in a peaceful manner,not forcibly). God did not ask you to help him condemn unbelievers, neither did he ask you to force your beliefs on them. When you waste your time arguing a concept you know little about rather than spending your time studying, trying to fight for God, have it at the back of your mind that you're on your own.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog,naira land has the highest number of atheists.
Even wben the evidence is placed in front of them,they still can't see it
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
akpobi:
KingEbukasBlog,naira land has the highest number of atheists.

Even wben the evidence is placed in front of them,they still can't see it

Atheists own many accounts

Take a look at this

https://www.nairaland.com/3299206/exposed-truthman83-lied-deceived-nairalanders
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Zikdik(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrsPhyno:
Actually a bit surprised at most of the arguments here. Something along the lines of "but you do it too!!" Or "Don't ask foolish questions" is mostly what I see.

Interesting thread.

Nothing interesting. Stupid is more of an apt description. But then, who am I to tell you what to think or enjoy or not?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by louie3(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
Zikdik:
You love generalizing, don't ya? I wanted to compose a credible reply but very few here on Nairaland deserve that. I hope you know your copied article's logic is sh*t though.

One more thing, being an atheist isn't about philosophy and logic and science. It does not take rocket science to figure that Santa only exists in mythology and folklore.
Abeg help me tell this mumu op.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by JackBizzle: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

That's wishful thinking. Groupthink is in every area of life; politics, religion, Academics- everywhere. As long as people share a common ideology they are prone to groupthink. We are social beings and we want acceptance in the group to which belong. This might make us not want to think an idea further or express our opinion when we feel or think otherwise. You may not disagree with a statement but if you are not certain about it and yet you don't say "please let's deliberate on this a little more before drawing our final conclusion", you are guilty of groupthink. We know how many times we've all been guilty of this. Atheist can and have been guilty of groupthink many times.

That is why I said "hardly".

The levels of groupthink between atheists and christians are different.

Christians
-eat grass because of their pastors. GROUPTHINK; OUR PASTOR IS ALWAYS RIGHT
-ostracize those who leave the church. GROUPTHINK; UNBELIEVERS ARE EVIL.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by JackBizzle: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Absolutely ludicrous

You should say there could be no evidence for his personal God not the Supreme Being .

Is the Supreme Being also a personal God - that's another argument .

Have you seen or spoken to God?

If not, please keep quiet......your God is imaginary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christainity Is The Largest Religion In Nigeria- 2014 Statistics / Pastor Iginla Donates House To A Woman Living Under Tree (PIC) / PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.