Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? (5658 Views)

Ladies Only: Is It Strange? / When You Ask For A Hug From A Church Girl (pic) / I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 5:26am On Oct 25, 2009
my guy the choice is yours.you dont need to go into something because people are doing it.
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by earlalright(m): 5:51am On Oct 30, 2009
Its either you are not a faithfut christian or you marriage has comma www.myspace.com/naijapassion
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by No2Atheism(m): 4:39am On Oct 31, 2009
earlalright:

Its either you are not a faithfut christian or you marriage has comma www.myspace.com/naijapassion

Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by N101: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2009
earlalright:

Let me ask, are you married?  Do you know how many ministers I know who didn't have a church wedding because they couldn't afford it?  Are you saying God only recognises Christians who marry in church and not those who don't?

What does being a faithful Christian have to do with whether you get married in church or not? Arrogant nonsense!
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by lovemoi2(f): 5:08am On Nov 02, 2009
smiley
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Oba234: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2010
I don't what this people are talking about. A church is not a building. It's a gathering of a group of believers and it can be in a court room, your village, etc. The bible says where two or three are gathered I am there, so ignore all this people that don't know their bible. Anywhere you have your wedding is fine with papa God.
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by switosman(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2010
It could be strange poster depending on the reasons. why not if not?
I am in a similar strait now. My girl does not want a wedding & I do want a wedding, then all hell broke loose. Her demands/ taste are way to high & when I complain she will say, "you are the one that wanted it". I then asked her if she has a problem with church or is she an unbeliver?
the last word she text me yesterday was on a gown she so desire & I took to be costly to hire. she said it most be  that particular gown, when I ask her to make a 2nd choice. she said "she had dreamt of wearing such gown since her teenage" & I said "I dont believe". can u imagine.
why are some ladies unreasonable atimes? I am not a society man, there is no stardard for wedding anywhere, pple organise wedding to suit there pockets etc. why will somebody that have no iota of contribution to make to footing the bill of a wedding be demanding high. This is why I conclude that the silly ladies plan for wedding they dont plan for the marriage. 80% of the success of marriage depends on the woman.
poster u can create your own wedding to suit your idealogy, taste & pocket.
do have a wedding, invite God into your new family, let God be the first, u will see what he will do for u.
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by InkedNerd(f): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2010
Oba234:

I don't what this people are talking about. A church is not a building. It's a gathering of a group of believers and it can be in a court room, your village, etc. The bible says where two or three are gathered I am there, so ignore all this people that don't know their bible. Anywhere you have your wedding is fine with papa God.

::claps for Oba234::
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by switosman(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

::claps for Oba234::

without it being said; a church wedding here is a white wedding. what u refer to is either a christain blessing at a court or traditional wedding. u still have what is called a church blessing, here u dont wear the so suit & white gown. u just appear and get a pastor bless your union then u do a reception if u want.
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Ladyrsky46: 7:01am On Dec 10, 2010
Oba234:

Yep yep!!!
MIKKYIJEGE:

my guy the choice is yours.you dont need to go into something because people are doing it.
Yep yep!!!

Bottom line, I don't think it is. Get your Pastor to bless the marriage and go on with your court thing. If it's not for you, don't do it 'cos you'll hate every moment of the day that's supposed to be one of the happiest in your life. Xx
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
Honestly i dnt understand why christian brides wear revealing gown,showing thier cleavage,back,shoulder,armsand allthat on thier wedding day,why should anyone see your body on your wedding day,its so sad,you know,all in the name of imitating the west

A BRIDE IS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERED FROM ,HAIR,&ENTIRE BODY,BECAUSE ITS SORELY FOR HER HUSBAND AND NOT FOR EVERYONE
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Ladyrsky46: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Not all Christian brides hun. I've been to weddings where the wedding dress was uber classy and elegant and covered everything. smiley
I don't see why they do undecided, but definitely not every Christian bride does that. I'll be an exception too to the every Christian bride.
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by HARDDICK(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2010
What makes it strange? did your father marry your mother in the church? Is church your village culture and tradition?
Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Saintp(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ Poster,
It is not strange. I wish my wife to be will say wot u r saying. I for once dont like this wedding brouhaha.I like quiet things. If she agrees,i'll prefer 2 do a court wedding.if i will have 2 do a church wedding, i'll prefer doing it with max 6 pple(our parents) as witness which will not take more than 30 mins. I have the money bt i am not interested in d stress and brouhaha of a wedding ceremony. Jus hope she would agree to my plan.I'm not interested in doing things cos others r doing it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? by Orikinla(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2010
there is nothing strange if you don't want a church wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! Am So Confused And Frustrated Right Now / Nigeria Ladies Are The Most Confused / What Do You Want In A Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.