Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

"Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze (40304 Views)

Buhari Pursuing 'supremacist Agenda' Using Cattle Colonies - Ben Nwabueze / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Resist Islamisation As He Visits Anambra / Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real, Says Prof. Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Ovamboland(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Not true. In Christianity God judges the world on the basis of righteousness and sin not race, colour or creed.
Jesus said not everyone who called him Lord would enter into the Kingdom of God: Matthew 7:21. He was specifically refering to a certain type of Christian when he made this proclamation. In other words, you don't get a free pass into heaven just because you outwardly manifest the attributes of a Christian.

If you look at the list of people who the Bible specifically said would end up in Hell, none of them are condemned because of religious affiliation:

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Christianity is first a MORAL LIFESTYLE before secondly being a religion.

"I am the truth , the way and the life,No one commeth to the father except through me" John 14:16, was said by Jesus Christ, so how can a Buddhist or Sango worshiper calling another name get to the father? Are they not part of the unbelieving highlighted above? and those who say Jesus is not the son of God, any hope for them? They are not even trying to get to the father through Him, so what's their hope per Christian beliefs?

It's easy to see the horrors, exclusions and unfair statements in the other person's beliefs and be completely blind to ours or be apologetic about it
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by TruthHurts1(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Ovamboland:

"I am the truth , the way and the life,No one commeth to the father except through me" John 14:16, was said by Jesus Christ, so how can a Buddhist or Sango worshiper calling another name get to the father? Are they not part of the unbelieving highlighted above? and those who say Jesus is not the son of God, any hope for them? They are not even trying to get to the father through Him, so what's their hope per Christian beliefs?

It's easy to see the horrors, exclusions and unfair statements in the other person's beliefs and be completely blind to ours or be apologetic about it

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only Way to salvation.

This is a claim which can either be accepted or rejected on the grounds of faith, experience, dogma, logic, doubt etc.

The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained it best in his well-known book, "Mere Christianity", "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he'd either be a lunatic -- on a level with a man who says he's a poached egg -- or else he'd be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse."

"You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was -- and is -- the Son of God. For us Christians he is the latter.

Unbelief is a complex phenomenon because it is the root from which springs rebellion and all other sins.

Sin is what separates Man from God. If Man in his own earthly way can put criminals to death for comitting evil crimes, why should a blameless and perfect God not be expected to subjugate all who wilfully flout his authority?
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Ovamboland(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only Way to salvation.

This is a claim which can either be accepted or rejected on the grounds of faith, experience, dogma, logic, doubt etc.

The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained it best in his well-known book, "Mere Christianity", "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he'd either be a lunatic -- on a level with a man who says he's a poached egg -- or else he'd be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse."

"You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was -- and is -- the Son of God. For us Christians he is the latter.

Unbelief is a complex phenomenon because it is the root from which springs rebellion and all other sins.

Sin is what separates Man from God. If Man in his own earthly way can put criminals to death for comitting evil crimes, why should a blameless and perfect God not be expected to subjugate all who wilfully flout his authority?

So when you tell a muslim all the above, you expect him sing kumbaya and meet you with roses or try to pick holes in your belief the way you pick holes and dismiss their own claims?

The more we realize and come to accept most religions especially Abrahamic ones are exclusionist as proven with your above statements, juxtapose it with today's reality and if we want to live together or separately.

At the bold are you saying perfect God is learning from man's imperfect ways?
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by MONITZ: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ovamboland:

But don't Christians have the command to preach and convert all non-Christians they come across by telling them the good news? Is that not analogous to dipping the Koran in the sea figuratively to mean conversion of all non-muslim to the faith?

It's always easier to say your own method is the better one because it;s coming from your faith.

Recently a christian played a video of the president of Zambia declaring his country a christian country in a public speech and he feels it's such a wonderful thing. Then i asked, what of the muslims, traditionalist and free thinkers in Zambia, will that not trample on their rights, he retorted it doesn't matter after all Saudi too is doing it. I then asked if that is the standard behaviour like the Saudi example Christ asked Christians to copy.
Then i asked why it will be such a bad thing if Buhari wakes up tomorrow and declares in a speech that Nigeria is hence forth an Islamic country. He was elected to power in a similar way as the Zambian president you just hailed for declaring his faith as the official one, why will Buhari be bad if he declares his faith as the official one? No it will be bad he said. So i asked, so your sense of what is right or wrong depends on who is doing it?
I asked for the evidence of islamization, he said it's in a write up but he could not raise a single point on his own yet he believes it strongly that it is taking place, just like the wack proffessor. I just wonder what is the difference in thought process between educated Christians and ignorant Islamic Almajiri hordes used to perpetuate mayhem

I like the way u responded to my write-up, somewhere in one of my replies to this very post, I said : "I am a proponent of live nd let live ", and moreover since this country is secular,it would be bad to foist a particular religion on the adherents of others.

And of course I know,"dipping the Quran into the Atlantic Ocean " is figurative,so I didn't take it to mean so literally,ok.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by TruthHurts1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ovamboland:

So when you tell a muslim all the above, you expect him sing kumbaya and meet you with roses or try to pick holes in your belief the way you pick holes and dismiss their own claims?

The more we realize and come to accept most religions especially Abrahamic ones are exclusionist as proven with your above statements, juxtapose it with today's reality and if we want to live together or separately.

At the bold are you saying perfect God is learning from man's imperfect ways?

I'm saying that there is a universal edict that evil must be punished.
God represents all that is good and therefore it falls on Him to punish wrongdoing. Man learnt this from God, not the other way round.
God's standards are higher and more exacting than anything Man is capable of meeting. That is where the concept of Grace,forgiveness and repentance comes in. Neither Grace, forgiveness nor repentance are possible without Christ because all three were only made possible by His sacrifice on the Cross.
This is very different from the islamic teachings I highlighted which said that ipso facto (by the very fact) that you are Jewish or Christian, you are hellbound.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by MONITZ: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
sicobamty2:
I dey no 15 adekunle bariga lagos. If dem born yah 4 fada enter bariga. Ure a dead man o. just make I sample yah face.. Oya show me yah address.. Na SANGO go kill u. I repeat ure a dead man.

Ur just too daft, ur I.Q is the size of a pea, someone online asks for ur address and in ur limitless folly, u rushed and posted it, is this a sign of bravery or stupidity. U don't even know who the person is, whether na security agent or informant sef.

Continue living in ur fool's paradise, ok, ur address is keenly noted, after all ignorance is bliss.Wen the chips come crashing down, ur gang members will desert u and u will be cooling ur heels in a dungeon, So continue nd pls don't realise that u re very stupid, just go on till I can't cope with ur tantrums again, and by then u will be begging,u know say una dey sabi beg well well with ur mouths wide open.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
MONITZ:

Ur just too daft, ur I.Q is the size of a pea, someone online asks for ur address and in ur limitless folly, u rushed and posted it, is this a sign of bravery or stupidity. U don't even know who the person is, whether na security agent or informant sef.

Continue living in ur fool's paradise, ok, ur address is keenly noted, after all ignorance is bliss.Wen the chips come crashing down, ur gang members will desert u and u will be cooling ur heels in a dungeon, So continue nd pls don't realise that u re very stupid, just go on till I can't cope with ur tantrums again, and by then u will be begging,u know say una dey sabi beg well well with ur mouths wide open.
ure a nothing but coward and chest beater from d red mud republic, u requested for ma address and I gave u. now ure afraid of typing urs, I don't care may be ure security or watever, mofucker type yah address here ... And d rest will be your funeral. All dis mofos forming mopol. Pls don't quote me again..or else yah life will be like nigeria.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Kamanuozuzu: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Director of Radio Biafra 102.1 FM made certain predictions last year, many saw him as a prophet of doom.

One of the prophecies in reaction to the jamming of Radio Biafra...

“They will get tired of jamming Radio Bifra. The more they jam, they more we change frequencies. Radio Biafra is not a child's play. It is a multi-platform broadcaster. We are on satellite, we are online and we are on the internet live and direct and you can listen to us with your phone on a toll free number from anywhere in the world. We know what we are doing. We are not terrorists. We have never killed anybody and we are not killing anybody like Boko Haram. Boko Haram commits mass murder and treason in this country everyday and Buhari has not bombarded the areas they seized from Nigeria. It is South East and South-South he wants to bombard simply because we want freedom of worship and association. All we are saying is that we want to be on our own as an Independent Christian Republic of Biafra. They can have their Islamic Republic in the North. We refused to be part of a Sharia controlled Islamic country”.

For consistently telling the stack truth, and championing the cause for self-determination, Mazi Kanu was arrested and incarcerated indefinitely even when courts of competent jurisdiction in a democracy have ruled that he be released. President Muhammadu Buhari is evidently intolerant of contrary views, positions and criticisms portraying and confirming himself as not a true democrat.

Before the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari, President Goodluck Jonathan gave all Nigerians equal opportunities in appointments without distinction as to Moslem, Christian, North, South. Greedy as some Northerners are and in their vicious campaigns to remove Jonathan, they unleashed vicious, malicious campaign with hi-tech support and collaboration of the Barack Obama United States of America.

Less than two years and in accordance with the predictions of the detained Nnamdi Kanu, Nigerian nation is sliding into an Islamic nation.

Professor Nwabuze, though you're waking up late, it's better than never.

The Islmaization of Nigeria is real!

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by MONITZ: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
sicobamty2:
ure a nothing but coward and chest beater from d red mud republic, u requested for ma address and I gave u. now ure afraid of typing urs, I don't care may be ure security or watever, mofucker type yah address here ... And d rest will be your funeral. All dis mofos forming mopol. Pls don't quote me again..or else yah life will be like nigeria.

U re a simpleton and for ur information, I am not in any of ur brown roof states rather I am in Delta state, Warri precisely,but u don't expect me to come online and dish out my address just like that because I am not foolish like u re. Anyway I am expecting u to hop on the next available bus.

Useless mofo, the slum where u stay aptly suits ur type ..... I know u can't afford to pay ur transportation fee, for all I care u might not even ve taken a meal since yesterday. Continue, I know ur ilk......
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
MONITZ:

U re a simpleton and for ur information, I am not in any of ur brown roof states rather I am in Delta state, Warri precisely,but u don't expect me to come online and dish out my address just like that because I am not foolish like u re. Anyway I am expecting u to hop on the next available bus.

Useless mofo, the slum where u stay aptly suits ur type ..... I know u can't afford to pay ur transportation fee, for all I care u might not even ve taken a meal since yesterday. Continue, I know ur ilk......
u av just displayed ur cowardness....for u to even think I will board a bus because I want to beat u up.... Men ure so foolish....anyway I don't stay in bariga...so calm down... And don't commit suicide cus I knw ure panic..
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by MONITZ: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
sicobamty2:
u av just displayed ur cowardness....for u to even think I will board a bus because I want to beat u up.... Men ure so foolish....anyway I don't stay in bariga...so calm down... And don't commit suicide cus I knw ure panic..

Kids roaming Nairaland these days, I only pity ur parents because people like u who re always quick off the mark to jump into every issue re living dead and easily scapegoated .......,with broken heads nd limbs.

A response is posted and the most u can do after reading is to comment or suggest corrections, bt nope u won't do that bt would rather insult ur head, ur life and generations yet unborn just because u want to disagree with the poster, wen u display ur foolish upbringing online, u indict ur parents too because u tell people they didn't do their work well.

Boy, it's time u learnt netiquettes,to know how to relate online if not "monkey go go market and e nor go come back again",by then na sofry, sofry.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
MONITZ:

Kids roaming Nairaland these days, I only pity ur parents because people like u who re always quick off the mark to jump into every issue re living dead and easily scapegoated .......,with broken heads nd limbs.

A response is posted and the most u can do is to read, comment or suggest corrections, bt nope, u would rather insult ur head, ur life and generations yet unborn just because u want to disagree with the poster.

Boy, it's time u learnt netiquettes,to know how to relate online if not "monkey go go market and e nor go come back again",by then na sofry, sofry.
idiot.
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Ovamboland(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
mandax:

Does anyone need the National Assembly to Islamize Nigeria?
Lord have Mercy.
There's no type of lame argument one can't find on NL.

Did the National Assembly legislate for the twelve northern sharia states to adopt Islamic Sharia Criminal laws not recognized by the constitution of Nigeria?

But how come no citizen or resident of the sharia law declaring states been able to successfully challenge and get the laws declared unconstitutional in a court of law. If it's so obvious to you a lay man then it should be very easy to get a judgment in a court of law.
What are the indigenous Christians doing, what of CAN in those states, why do they just cry like cretins in media and cannot take simple remedial steps?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / Kola Aluko Is Selling His Apartment In New York (Photos) / See The New Look Of The Reconstruction And Upgrade of the Onikan Stadium - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.