Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

"Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze (40293 Views)

Buhari Pursuing 'supremacist Agenda' Using Cattle Colonies - Ben Nwabueze / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Resist Islamisation As He Visits Anambra / Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real, Says Prof. Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by bcashy: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

Brilliant submission

That's why I believe God gave IPOB the wisdom to fight Nigeria internationally
And where do you think the fight will take them to abeg,very dumb way of thinking.....

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by anigbajumo(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2016
GBTYO:

So without video evidence you say it is false?

Then your prophet is also never existed.

Nonsense.

Eyah!!you opinion doesn't count as far is it will never discourage any Muslim on this forum.

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2016
Get lost Mr professor

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by focus7: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2016
Elders like Nwanbueze and Ekweremadu are the reasons why Igbos cry the cries of victims all their lives.

Where was the Prof conscience when all the service chiefs under Jonathan were Christians (Badeh, Minima, Amosun, O Jibrin)

It should be noted that the the hausas and the Moslems in Nigeria then were not crying like victims saying Jonathan wanted to turn Nigeria into a Christian state.

If this pathetic Igbo professor don't have any good to teach the already demented Igbos young generation please go sit down.

3 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by madridsta007(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2016
Of course, it is real. Most Nigerians know this.

But we are Nigerians; we pretend to ourselves a lot— thanks to cowardice and political correctness. So don't expect honest comments.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Cateyes07: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2016
tinziemaine:

This talk is disgusting to me , is paranoid, nobody can Islamise Nigeria or whatever name its called. because if the Muslims want war, we are ready for them!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/islamisation-nigeria-real-says-prof-ben-nwabueze/

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
God bless Prof Ben...
Most people don't understand us when shout....that Buhari main reason for wanting to bee president all dis while was exactly what he is doing now....Islamising the FGN in all ramifications!

Reducing the Igbos to minority status and non-consequential entity...

Embarrass GEJ very hard and by extension the NDELTANS and all northern Christian minorities!

Christianity is a faith of the heart, how can a person stop someone else from believing?
The spectre of islamization is a ghost that people conjure up when they run out of things to say.

The enemies of Christianity are parents who don't bring up their children in the faith and organisations like Planned Parenthood that encourage people to have fewer children.

If Christianity is passed down through two generations of currently Christian families, Nigeria will be 80% plus Christian in 60 years.

Train your children in the faith and stop chasing ghosts.

2 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by GBTYO: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2016
anigbajumo:

Eyah!!you opinion doesn't count as far is it will never discourage any Muslim on this forum.

What is my business with Muslims?

If you like continue wallowing in your pig sty of ignorance in the name of religion.

I am here to tell the naive and ignorant tolerant Christian to be wary of you vipers who flocked this thread to insult the Prof without countering his assertions of the Islamic conspiracy with solid facts.

You can blow yourself for your allah that one is none of my business but you should stop spreading your weak ass taqiyya.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by anonym0us: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2016
fineboynl:
Jonathan was an he goat for not jailing buhari when buhari made reckless statement during 2011 election that caused the death of thousands of lifes. he would have been tried for murderer and sentence to life imprisonment before now. buhari cannot escape jail trust me. Obama is the one shielding buhari and very soon Obama is leaving office and the USA is a prostitute and bid for her interest. buhari think he will not be betrayed by the USA let him continue, he already had case to answer which is still pending the zakyzaky and ipob killing, the ICC will open all these case when he fall out from favor. there is room for we the south to renegotiate with the new USA President of America to find our way out from this zoo. let him buhari enjoy it now while it last. he had succeeded in dividing the country. to islamized Nigeria is impossible he shouldn't even think about it. the Muslim brotherhood want to use Nigeria as a testing ground for the world islamization agenda.

he already create enemy for himself in ECOWAS countries. he don't even know what is diplomatic and one of the reason I doubt if he truly attend the war college.

ECOWAS is going to be with us in any civil war trust me.
na ur village civil war go happen...all this sociopaths don't know what war is..
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by martineverest(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Even a prof too??bunch of empty flat heads.....the hatred and bigotry is real

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by ogwumgbe: 9:43am On Oct 06, 2016
The Antichrist enemy of Christians beast wicked Obama is leaving the white house on January for Donald Trump to come and clip these evil Islamists wings

8 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Ahmadgani(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2016
another quarter to go wailing. Nigeria cannot be islamized. you need the national assembly to altar or doctor the constitution. we have more than 60 xtians senators, more than 100 reps at the national assembly. we also have 16 xtians governors, about 80 xtians perm sec. we also have about 60 xtian army generals. not to talk of the police, and other security agencies. going by the above figures tell me how Nigeria can be islamize without a blood shed? talk is cheap sha, he is entitled to his own opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by e3tech(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2016
danieldinho:
Of a truth islamisation of nigeria is real, the media is censored based on content, so many attrocity going on in the north with just a few poping up in the medai, just last week my cousin sis serving in the north dress like afull muslim and updated on fb up to work, i jokingly asked her we don get new inlaw, said thats how they are advice to dress to avoid been victim of religion extremist, in a secular country we now have a dress code of full hijab for women in d north irrespectivevof ur religion and background, i dare say most people maimed and killed in the north can be trace to how they dress, but the censor media here in nigeria would tell us that victim die in the hands of irate youth cos she was blaspheming against the prophet, my fellow nl it is crystal clear that d islamisation of nigeria ia abt to begin, i wld give a few examples without details, 1.fulani herdsmen, 2.grazing reserve bill, 3.the use of allah by the president to adress the country on the indepence day speech, 4.relegation of christian clerics, 5.scheduling pre independence lectures in the mosques, 6,trying to crippple the economy of nigeria to the gain of the north.

Quit writing nonsense. I have peeps that stays up north and never heard of this. You should quit acting and writing like a fooool. U won't gain anything with your loes

3 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by yinkslinks(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2016
True. People just see things wrongly and cus unrest in the heart of the weak.
agabusta:
One should expect elders to show some wisdom and restraints in their utterances but the reverse seems to be the case here.

This is an overview of our security apparatus:

Chief of Defence Staff:- SW
(highest military officer)
Christian

Chief of Army Staff:- NE
Muslim

Chief of Air Staff:- NE
Muslim

Chief of Naval Staff:- SS
Christian

IG of Police: NC
Muslim

DG of DSS: NW
Muslim

DG of NIA: SW
Christian

3 out of 7 Senior Security Officers that has direct Command over Armed Personnel are Christians. Doesn't look as bad as alarmists are portraying it.

It must be noted that during GEJ, the

C Defence S, Alex Badeh- Christian
C Army S, Kenneth Minimah- Christian
C Air S, Amosu- Christian
Director of SSS, Ekpeyoung- Christian
Director of NIA, formerly Ayodeji then Oke- Christian
IG police, Arase- Christian

That is 6/7 were Christians during GEJ regime. It was only CNS, Usman Jubrin that was muslim.

Were they able to Christianize Nigeria?? A big no.

Security appointments are made based on capability and loyalty. If by chance this old man becomes president, I can authoritatively say he also will appoint more Christians then Muslims especially based on his penchant for bigotry. He is just being an hypocrite. He should free us abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by GBTYO: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Ahmadgani:
another quarter to go wailing. Nigeria cannot be islamized. you need the national assembly to altar or doctor the constitution. we have more than 60 xtians senators, more than 100 reps at the national assembly. we also have 16 xtians governors, about 80 xtians perm sec. we also have about 60 xtian army generals. not to talk of the police, and other security agencies. going by the above figures tell me how Nigeria can be islamize without a blood shed? talk is cheap sha, he is entitled to his own opinion

Sharia law went into effect under this democratic dispensation back in 2001 with the NASS doing nothing to stop it.

Boko haram and fulani militias pushing a jihadist quest rose from this same democratic check and balance

Only a fool will ignore the signs.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2016
so called Nigerian elders who are part of the problem of this country should stop stoking up division amongst the populace. We are divided enough as it is.

Nobody can Islamise Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by GBTYO: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2016
ollah1:

Quit writing nonsense. I have peeps that stays up north and never heard of this. You should quit acting and writing like a fooool. U won't gain anything with your loes

Liar.

How come northern Nigeria is home to boko and reoccurring sectarian violence?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by ElsonMorali: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2016
Igbo leaders of thought. Lmao.

I don't think there's any sane thought in their ancient heads.

Lol. Now I understand why the young ones are behaving rascally. If their elders are like this what do you expect of their children.

When Jonathan was going up and down kneeling before pastors of all sorts nobody accused him of trying to Christianize the country then.

Please somebody should give these red-cap-wearing old men some kolanuts and palmwine make dem keep kwayet abeg.

5 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by GBTYO: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2016
vodutive:
so called Nigerian elders who are part of the problem of this country should stop stoking up division amongst the populace. We are divided enough as it is.

Nobody can Islamise Nigeria!!!!

Myopic afonja frog.

KwaraRat:
[size=18pt]Denial is a Nijeriyan[/size]

The human mind has a primitive ego defense mechanism that negates all realities that produce too much stress for the brain to handle. It’s called Denial.

For eons mankind evolved and stumbled around in the midst of great catastrophic disasters and were once considered staple food for predators.

We survived the ice age not because we were able to adapt physically or develop necessary skills to cope with the great shift in climate but because our brains blocked off existential and impending doom ahead of us. Rather than focus on the daunting task ahead we chose daily chores and tasks from finding shelter, food and whatnot. We essentially survived because we played the ostrich and carried on as if there was no problem. This is one of the only benefits to which self denial can grant the human existence.

Keep Calm & Carry On

Mankind has always found denial as a necessary defense mechanism in dealing with Armageddon. We keep postponing the date and with that we have grown more arrogant. With arrogance comes pride and with pride comes a great fall.

Denial is thus a critical part of the human coping mechanism. A sort of bio delay switch that keeps us from flicking the suicide button.

I will thus define denial as the degree of optimism.

While it is good to have an optimistic view on life it will be foolhardy to negate reality and facts to the foreground in dealing with a challenge.

Nigerians are by far the most optimistic people. They have no choice on this. It is either they keep on hoping and denying the daunting challenges they face daily or they end up going mad.

We have all read the Stats that states that well over 40% of Lagosians face one form of mental disorder. If it were not for denial in the form of hope we can rightly predict the chances of majority of Lagosians will be roaming the streets outright mad.

Bearing this in mind, we see Nigerians still hoping and denying the realities on ground.

They deny the ongoing islamization agenda even in the midst of a jihadist campaign raging in the north east. They are quick to accept the official narrative from the buhari govt that the ongoing genocide by fulani herdsmen is the handwork of Libyans.

This is inspite of all solid facts ,evidence and historical antecedents that proves that there is indeed a northern islamization agenda.

Foolishly they still deny reality.
Your average Nijeriyan is no different than a wildebeest herd.

Constantly harassed by larger Predators day and night, the herbivores of the Serengeti have always appeared to live a terrorised life when viewed from a human perspective. But contrary to how we humans see the large games of the savanah, the harassment they constantly face from hyenas and lions are more of a nuisance to them as their primary concern is to find suitable grazing fields and get down to the business of procreation.

This is God's grand design for animals of prey. They exist in constant denial of the threats that loom beyond the tall golden grass. Without that denial, the wildebeest will probably not bother grazing talk more of procreating.

I see a lot of self induced myopia instigated by a mind in denial among Nijeriyans especially among those who I expect to know better. For some reason the threat is so overwhelming that the simply wish it away and where it appears inevitable they resort to hope as a final solace. "It can't happen to me and my family"; "It is not our portion". These are what herded or animals in a group, flock or school of fish rely on as a last defence mechanism. The strength of numbers and the sacrifice of those in the outer realms of the herd gives the members solace.

So in so many ways, those who refuse to see the reality are those who are in denial of the threat and who arrogate a sense of immunity from the same threat on the very hope that some others will have to be sacrificed for them to live.

This is the life of a rat and not a man.

On Niger Delta Insurgency

Oil can never sustain Nigeria. It never did and it never ever will but some Nigerians still believe in the status quo even though they never benefited from the nationalization of oil wealth.

To this set of Nigerians, Oil has always been part of Nigeria's wealth and they see no way outside it. And when threats of secession and/or demands by Militants in the ND for more resource control, these same set of Denialists who have never ever benefited directly from this skewed centralized arrangement of wealth distribution that puts the Niger Delta last before other regions not minding that the wealth comes from the same Niger Delta region, we see them fretting and threatening genocide to keep the same corrupt and unjust arrangement in place.

This my friends is what Denial is all about.
https://www.nairaland.com/3384192/grand-delusions-denial

3 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by whatisthetruth: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2016
They say Nigeria CAN"T be islamized, yet we already have sharia law in most, if not all Northern States.

Why are people so daft to realize the truth

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2016
GBTYO:

Liar.

How come northern Nigeria is home to book and reoccurring sectarian violence?

Hasn't it been like that before you were born? Didn't they start the sharia thing full force under OBJs tenure? Ain't OBJ a christian? Quit these ur nonsense talks and better your life with something more meaningful
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by vickylincon(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2016
MONITZ:

Really?Would u mind explaining?Are Christian ideolologues same with Islam ideologues ?Just because a Christian president didn't christianize the country doesn't mean a Moslem president won't do so. As at the time "BUBU" just came to power, we heard he had ordered that the Christian chapel in his abode be removed, whether he actually did or back-down on the relocation of the chapel is wat I am not sure of.

If u picture wat he says, his body language,the people he fraternizes wit nd his predilection,u will surely ve a clue as to where he could possibly be leading us .After all wen I.B.B in connivance with the northern oligarchy "sneaked' Nigeria into the organization of Islamic countries (O. I. C) ,we were not aware.I know that it has always been the plan of the oligarchy to ve Nigeria in the comity of Islamic nations but some things re just still holding them back.
They see their religion as being superior to others and the adherents as "infidels ",and so they must be subdued.

For u to grasp Wat I am saying better,just take a look at he National Assembly structure with its dome at the top,and also the language used in writing on our Naira notes ,bearing in mind that this country is secular with no official religion. So y give preference to a particular one over others.

And particularly one of their forebears said they won't stop until the Quran is dipped into the Atlantic Ocean. So the motive has always been there from time immemorial bt whether it will come to pass depends on the collective will of the other parts of the country minus the North.
bro, I understand your point but I think you are basing your fact on what you read on pages on newspapers.. Most of which are propaganda. Before you conclude on anything.. Have an open mind and be objective.. It helps a lot.. Can anybody force you into a religion you don't like? No
Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by ElsonMorali: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2016
GBTYO:

Sharia law went into effect under this democratic dispensation back in 2001 with the NASS doing nothing to stop it.

Boko haram and fulani militias pushing a jihadist quest rose from this same democratic check and balance

Only a fool will ignore the signs.

Funny of you to mention Shari'a.

Shari'a law went into operation under the dispensation of a Southern Christian President and Jonathan, another Southern Christian president was the one who led Nigeria to the most recent IOC meeting Nigeria attended. How about that?

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by whatisthetruth: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2016
I have always said that this country needs to be separated across religious lines

Islam on one side / christians, hindus, atheist, traditionalists... on the other side

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by chiedu7: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2016
tdayof:

Enough of all these religious issues. I'm a Christian and my Bible didn't ask Me to blame people and be self centered.
You're all full of biased mind. You are a Christian but your way of living doesn't prove so.

Nb:I'm a Christian
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4321629_mmexport1475307801241_jpeg8532afaadfb7c6a03fa9b5d8bd7c9c1b

bro you sure you are christian?

As Islam denies Jesus is the son of God, making it an anti-christ religion

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

5 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2016
whatisthetruth:
They say Nigeria CAN"T be islamized, yet we already have sharia law in most, if not all Northern States.

You top the list of the daftest people. Sharia law started under OBJs tenure and he is a christian, right? Why didn't you guys cry fowl then? Ohh he is a christian so u didn't. You guys are hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by neocortex: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2016
tdayof:

Enough of all these religious issues. I'm a Christian and my Bible didn't ask Me to blame people and be self centered.
You're all full of biased mind. You are a Christian but your way of living doesn't prove so.

Nb:I'm a Christian

That man you quoted must be very dumb, Islam can't exist without muslims
neither can christianity exist without christians.
Every religion will be judged by their adherents after all neither bible nor quran
can fight for their god. It is always the human.

4 Likes

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by ephi123(f): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2016
anigbajumo:

Bro,Nigerians need to stop all these blatant lies.PMB does not and never have a mission to islamize Nigeria, it can never be possible.Firstly, it against the constitution of FGN,his deputy is Christian and even a pastor,there are many Christian in his cabinet even the highest military officer nd other vital role in the present administration,the evidences are there.It is quite absurd to think of such action if he can't as a military man,why as a civilian president??Let stop all these hypocrisy, it is becoming irritating.

Even if he does, he cannot succeed in it.

1 Like

Re: "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze by GBTYO: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2016
whatisthetruth:

The Afonjas are denying the stark impending jihad that will turn all yoruba land to an Emirate of Sokoto.

As far as I am concerned, the Middle belt and SW are already lost to the northern Ummah.

The better South will fight these dogs off that I can guarantee with my own blood.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Magu Reacts To Fayose’s Salsa Dancing Video / Reno Omokri Reacts To Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.