Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju (41282 Views)

Apc Rally In Umuahia, A Case Of Runaway Nun Talking Ill Of The Convent / Not Until I'm Disgraced by lasisi olagunju / Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by adekzy: 12:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Watching your analysis video really made me wept. So mind opening and soul bugling as well...

But how can the Yoruba state get out of the entrapment that is biting hard onto our progressive development?

oduastates:
First of all, I wrote Nigeria off a long time ago.
Like my cousin said, you are beating a dead horse if you think the country will come good.
The problems the government is struggling to deal with is child's play compared to what is piling up.
The population growth alone is destined to make the country a basket case ,not to talk of desertification.

Those asking for special status are stupidd.
You are asking for special status out of your own money again?
When Awo was building industrial estates all over the place, the rest were conspiring on how to destroy him. That is when they weren't looting.
What they should be asking for is derivation or else.
If they disagree, get mathematicians to model a state domicile tax on corporate gross income on all companies in yorubaland. The companies can take as deductibles on their corporate tax to the federal government.
If the FG resist, the FG can go to court.
In the meantime, Ambode and other yoruba governors should move quick and clear all those illegal settlements along the coast and creeks of yorubaland.
The illegal settler are destroying the wildlife which are necessary for tourism in an independent yorubaland.
Not a day goes when an alligator, python etc is killed.
This guy broke it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygBTITUG2Q
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 5:54am On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

I should have known better than to engage a small and myopic mind in such a thread. ....huh (shudders)
Your style is to rant and abuse rather than face the issues let us leave my mind an myopia and address the issue .
You said that Abuja has the second largest Metropolitan population in Nigeria. I have called you out on this.

What is the population of Abuja rather than address that you embark on a meaningless rigmarole and personal abuse. Your claim is a bogus and meaningless one. This is one list of Nigerian cities by population based on the 2006 census. What is the source of YOUR own claim about Abuja?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

This is another
http://www.geonames.org/NG/largest-cities-in-nigeria.html

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ObiofOnitsha: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2016
AnambraDota:
You guys have no iota of shame in you, by 6 AM your youths are out there in pubs drinking. The informal sector of lagos is lacking able bodied yorubamen yet you claim lagos made people.

You are back again with your ways, they chased you out of this forum but you are back again, this time you will cry and no one will mercy you. Jobless old man still living with his parent in Onitsha. You just have a kid before marriage and they are all living with other 12 of your siblings in that same small 1 room. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ObiofOnitsha: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Aigbofa:

Lagos was not developed by the sweat of all Nigerians. This was Lagos between 1940 and 1950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjjuAi-WIvM

As you can see, the port was already busy and running and was obviously not built with oyel money.

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ObiofOnitsha: 7:18am On Oct 19, 2016
wiloy2k8:
i just wish we could just leave with our investments ... our properties ,
Yoruba's are just haters ...they just hate and hate

Which investment do you have in Lag? So your gala box and fan yogo bicycle is investment to you? Smh

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr99r: 7:38am On Oct 19, 2016
ObiofOnitsha:
Which investment do you have in Lag? So your gala box and fan yogo bicycle is investment to you? Smh

Look at them, disgusting and repugnant Agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawkers suffering from cogenital myxedema...
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by barragan: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
FKO81:
Lagos belong to all east, north and south, you guys can only rants online period

Hahaha, even the west where lagos dey sef no dey among abi? smiley) grin

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Elebiju: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2016
codemaniacs:

Ijebu is not a tribe.. it is a village in Yorubaland.. states were created after the civil war in the 1960s.. it is foolish of anyone to identify himself/herself by state ..

You are a very divisive person cool cool
I think I need to stop this arguement because I've never heard of anyone who failed to identify himself/herself by state.. And yes, I'm divisive to those who have no historical background or who have lost their heritage.
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by chibuzorAbia: 9:38am On Oct 19, 2016
90xtr99r:

Look at them, disgusting and repugnant Agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawkers suffering from cogenital myxedema...

Your shortest rant so far. Must be slowly recovering from your mental condition? Living in Yoruba land will continue to torment you and ya people. I'm sure after 50 years of renting in Lagos 95% of you will perish here homeless. The morgues are full of unclaimed bodies from the yeast. That's why we Fashola started cremation.

6 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
Your style is to rant and abuse rather than face the issues let us leave my mind an myopia and address the issue .
You said that Abuja has the second largest Metropolitan population in Nigeria. I have called you out on this.

What is the population of Abuja rather than address that you embark on a meaningless rigmarole and personal abuse. Your claim is a bogus and meaningless one. This is one list of Nigerian cities by population based on the 2006 census. What is the source of YOUR own claim about Abuja?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

This is another
http://www.geonames.org/NG/largest-cities-in-nigeria.html

You are the one ranting like an illiterate and giving out very silly analogies. What brought about the issue of cement or garri and water? If not beer parlour style of argument
Thank God u made reference to 2006 census. That was 10 years ago and that population was just for Abuja city alone and not Abuja urban area.
Go and check the 2016 population estimate for Abuja urban area.
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ObiofOnitsha: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2016
[s]
90xtr99r:

[/s]

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr99r: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2016
chibuzorAbia:
Your shortest rant so far. Must be slowly recovering from your mental condition? Living in Yoruba land will continue to torment you and ya people. I'm sure after 50 years of renting in Lagos 95% of you will perish here homeless. The morgues are full of unclaimed bodies from the yeast. That's why we Fashola started cremation.

Silly rants from a demented Afonja whose tribe takes pleasure in making a living out of Igbos quest for nationhood...

Yorubaland is notorious in daily extortions and harassment of non-indigenes.

And FYI, Igbos are not to blame for Yorubas smelly culture of insolence, extortion and hooliganism.

Feel free to vomit some more garbage you Neanderthal savage of dirt and squalor from a juju-infested enclave.

Shameless and disgusting fagg0t!
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr99r: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2016
[s]
ObiofOnitsha:
[/s]

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

You are the one ranting like an illiterate and giving out very silly analogies. What brought about the issue of cement or garri and water? If not beer parlour style of argument
Thank God u made reference to 2006 census. That was 10 years ago and that population was just for Abuja city alone and not Abuja urban area.
Go and check the 2016 population estimate for Abuja urban area.
Ranting like an illiterate? None of your parents will dare greet meet sitting down in real life. You think everyone on nairaland is your coeval? What is the population of Abuja is the question.Stop going round in circles

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
Ranting like an illiterate? None of your parents will dare greet meet sitting down in real life. You think everyone on nairaland is your coeval? What is the population of Abuja is the question.Stop going round in circles

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=ianSweet post=50330170][/quote] You claimed Abuja is the Second Most populated city in Nigeria. Does this new information you have provided buttress that claim?. A simple YES or NO please

By the way what is the source of your post above. Does it not have a source
. I have provided already THREE DIFFERENT SOURCES of Nigeria's largest cities by population.None of them rank Abuja second. NOT ONE.

The fact is of course there are variations with source based on their reference points but in no way is Abuja a bigger metropolis than Kano.

The logic of spillover and "unofficial" metropolis that you apply to Abuja applies likewise everywhere.

Population wise Abuja is NEVER our second city. How many people voted in Abuja during the last elections?

3 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:

I told u Abuja urban area, and this includes Abuja urban areas that spill into neighbouring states. These statistics of over 3 million does not include mighty satelite towns like Suleja, Madalla, Zuba and Karu (Nasarawa) in neighbouring states.
Just wait till the next census is conducted. Hope u can see that Abuja remains the fastest growing urban area in Africa? Even faster than Lagos. Just give it 10 or 20 more years and u see it running into tens of millions.
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You claimed Abuja is the Second Most populated city in Nigeria. Does this new information you have provided buttress that claim?. A simple YES or NO please

. I have provided already THREE DIFFERENT SOURCES of Nigeria's largest cities by population.None of them rank Abuja second. NOT ONE.

The fact is of course there are variations with source based on their reference points but in no way is Abuja a bigger metropolis than Kano.

The logic of spillover and "unofficial" metropolis that you apply to Abuja applies likewise everywhere.

Population wise Abuja is NEVER our second city. How many people voted in Abuja during the last elections?

Talking about elections, many people go back to their states to register and vote. Why does Kano always have higher votes than Lagos? Even Kaduna is always higher than Lagos in elections. Does that mean Kaduna and Kano have more population than Lagos?
Places like Lagos and Abuja are artificial cities in a sense because the non indigenes always outnumber the indigenes there by a wide margin.
Most people who vote in FCT are the indigenes, this is why u see that the indigenes still produce the senators there even though contestants from settling groups are more than them.
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

Talking about elections, many people go back to their states to register and vote. Why does Kano always have higher votes than Lagos? Even Kaduna is always higher than Lagos in elections. Does that mean Kaduna and Kano have more population than Lagos?
Places like Lagos and Abuja are artificial cities in a sense because the non indigenes always outnumber the indigenes there by a wide margin.
Most people who vote in FCT are the indigenes, this is why u see that the indigenes still produce the senators there even though contestants from settling groups are more than them.
Answer the questions and stop introducing extraneous "facts"

What is the population of Abuja can you provide a figure.
What is the source of the last picture you posted. Link please

At 5827846 registered voters ,Lagos state had the highest number of voters in the country,Kaduna had 3.3 million. I can see that your style is to just make wild and unsubstantiated assertions without bothering about their veracity.Truth is clearly an irrelevant inconvenience.
Most people who vote in Abuja are indigenes you claim. how do you know? Abuja had 0ver 800 000 registered voters in the last election you say MOST are indigenes for you to know that you must have evidence. By most do you mean 51% or 99% and crucially HOW DO YOU KNOW?

3 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You claimed Abuja is the Second Most populated city in Nigeria. Does this new information you have provided buttress that claim?. A simple YES or NO please

U are quoting 2006 census sources and u call it a source? For judging 2016? U can see from all records that Abuja remains the fastest growing urban area in Africa and among the fastest in the world, so i wonder how u will expect 2006 and 2016 population estimate to be any close.

The difference between Kano and Abuja urban explosion is that Kano's development is still within the same state but Abuja is rapidly spilling into Nasarawa and Niger states just like Lagos spilling into Ogun.

Read this link below, this is just one single satelite area of Abuja (Karu), and the population is already estimated at over 2million people. The reason why this does not reflect in Abuja urban population is because half of this Karu urban area is under Nasarawa state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karu_Urban_Area
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

U are quoting 2006 census sources and u call it a source? For judging 2016? U can see from all records that Abuja remains the fastest growing urban area in Africa and among the fastest in the world, so i wonder how u will expect 2006 and 2016 population estimate to be any close.

The difference between Kano and Abuja urban explosion is that Kano's development is still within the same state but Abuja is rapidly spilling into Nasarawa and Niger states just like Lagos spilling into Ogun.

Read this link below, this is just one single satelite area of Abuja (Karu), and the population is already estimated at over 2million people. The reason why this does not reflect in Abuja urban population is because half of this Karu urban area is under Nasarawa state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karu_Urban_Area
You belong in the other room because clearly you have nothing to contribute in THIS room.

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:

Answer the questions and stop introducing extraneous "facts"

What is the population of Abuja can you provide a figure.
What is the source of the last picture you posted. Link please

At 5827846 registered voters ,Lagos state had the highest number of voters in the country,Kaduna had 3.3 million. I can see that your style is to just make wild and unsubstantiated assertions without bothering about their veracity.Truth is clearly an irrelevant inconvenience.
Most people who vote in Abuja are indigenes you claim. how do you know? Abuja had 0ver 800 000 registered voters in the last election you say MOST are indigenes for you to know that you must have evidence. By most do you mean 51% or 99% and crucially HOW DO YOU KNOW?

I was part of the Inec body who conducted the last elections in FCT, so i can tell u that.

Yes, Lagos had the highest numb of registered voters, but how many people came out to vote? About 1.3 million. Kano had more accredited voters than Lagos. Likewise Kaduna. So that is my point.
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

I was part of the Inec body who conducted the last elections in FCT, so i can tell u that.

Yes, Lagos had the highest numb of registered voters, but how many people came out to vote? About 1.3 million. Kano had more accredited voters than Lagos. Likewise Kaduna. So that is my point.
People not coming out to vote means what? You have no point.
You just keep jumping from here to there instead of staying where you can contribute the most. The Other Room that is where you belong

3 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by ianSweet(f): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You belong in the other room because clearly you have nothing to contribute in THIS room.

IanSweet
Hahaha, an escape route for dumbness.
Well i decline to argue further. But it all remains that Abuja is the fastest growing city and urban area in Africa and among the fastest in the world, ahead of Lagos.
Within few decades from now, it will catch up with Lagos and eventually become the largest urban area in Africa and tax from Lagos state will still be continually used in developing Abuja and very soon neigbouring Nasarawa and Niger states.
Kano is a precolonial city. Ibadan has been a capital since pre independent times. Lagos has been a city for up to 100 years. Abuja is just about 20 years old and it is now dragging for 2nd largest urban area. Only God knows what another 20years of development will turn it to.
God bless Babangida for taking away capitalship from Lagos to Central Nigeria my sweet middlebelt region.
At least no omonile, owomida or agberos in Abuja to harass citizens. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PMB IN JOS: The pictures of the Aerial View Of The Streets Today and more / Photos Of Tanko Mohammed, The Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Anambra Election: Youths Cover Beer With Voter's Cards, Chill With Ofe Nsala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.