Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu (36563 Views)

Falae: Don’t Provoke The Yorubas Into War – Afenifere / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by prince985(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:
Wicked greedy politicians have mastered the act of brainwashing the unsuspecting gullible youths.

What special personal gains did Obasanjo presidency curry for an average Yoruba man on the street?

What undue advantages did Jonathan's presidency give to the average Ijaw man. The last time we heard, his Oyuoke lacked good road, potable water and even electricity. They cursed him on pages of newspaper.

Did NOI give Nigeria's money to the igbo man on the street? She gave it to her cronies through import waivers.

Or, has Buhari emptied the treasury for his Hausa/Fulani brothers on the street?

So, what slavery are Yorubas condemned to by Tinubu or anyone?

GEJ failed by every parameter any govt can be judged with, and Nigerians duly removed the Ineffectual Buffoon from office. No apologies from me for the part I played.

Emotional and sentimental blackmail will not bring the IB or any corrupt person back to the presidency. So, deal with it as you like.

Nonsense!
chaai .......e really pain u....no cry abeg... cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Henz24(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

Nwa nna calm down and quote me again.....your blunders too much jare undecided
epic reply, guy u killed me
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Akolawole(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
Senator Okunrounmu was saying Nonsense. Absolute crap.

How was AD formed?

Did he know how much Tinubu, Dan Suleman, Rashidi Ladoja, Alfred Rewane, Wole Soyinka drive Nadeco?

In those days, they were moving all around the world with the exception of the Big 3;

1) Baba Ajasin who make Owo World headquarters of NADECO

2) Chief Bola Ige stayed throughout in Ibadan and

3) Ijebu 4 ( headed by Abraham Adesanya) operating between Ogun state and Lagos

Sometimes, i laugh when some tribes coined Yoruba as non-principles.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by DaPuncline: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
flokii:

Did you see any of those guys from 2011 rally round him in 2015? NO. That's to show you how useless he was.

Even the fine prof. Soyinka that went under the sun to rally for him in 2011 made that regret statement.

Yet some idio.ts on here want to paint d yorubas as sorry for voting out that calamity.. sorry my foot
Bros I kept asking myself where the so called "Ohanenze Ndigibo" group was in 2011 when Yar'adua guys tried to hijack power? They were so invisible during the protest masterminded by the yorubas in support of jonathan ? The likes of edwin clark, asari dokubo, nwabueze were mute but later came back to brainwash GEJ and made him believe SW is inconsequential, it was too late wen he discovered his mistake. His dollars and his coming to SW 6 times within 2 weeks during his campaign could not save him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by chronique(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Daniel1990:

Does this guy reason with his anus?
I think he does.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Mrslimblack(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Most Yorubas claimed that Jonathan marginalized them but they rejected the speakership position zoned to them.

But the same people that shouted marginalization under GEJ are now comfortable with it under Buhari, they don't care if Buhari fills all the positions from his village as far as they are none Igbo/ ND.

South East will never vote a buhari instead they would not vote at all. That is what principle is all about....I will not be wrong when I say Yorubas have no principle.
I don't even know how to start celebrating what you just noted here, it's so apauling how a region which claims superiority over all in the nation, were fooled by one of the most uneducated man in the land. This really made me believe that the afonjas were really conquered and put into slavery by the Hausa's. So pathetic, I pity them.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Taiofil(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:
Wicked greedy politicians have mastered the act of brainwashing the unsuspecting gullible youths.

What special personal gains did Obasanjo presidency curry for an average Yoruba man on the street?

What undue advantages did Jonathan's presidency give to the average Ijaw man. The last time we heard, his Oyuoke lacked good road, potable water and even electricity. They cursed him on pages of newspaper.

Did NOI give Nigeria's money to the igbo man on the street? She gave it to her cronies through import waivers.

Or, has Buhari emptied the treasury for his Hausa/Fulani brothers on the street?

GEJ failed by every parameter any govt can be judged with, and Nigerians duly removed the Ineffectual Buffoon from office. No apologies from me for the part I played.

Emotional and sentimental blackmail will not bring the IB or any corrupt person back to the presidency. So, deal with it as you like.

Nonsense!

Bro let them know oo... Cos they make it look as if buhari is the cause of this recession. These men laying frivolous claims are the ones sabotaging every effort of the FG to stablize the economy. Even though i dont like how tinubu was sidelined but not withstanding Buhari is not reason why the treasure is empty, not the reason why Nigerians are clamouring for dollars, also not the reason why importer bring in fake drugs or substandard drugs, or is he the 1 that told local manufacturers to reduce a galloon of veg oil from 5 litres to 4! And increase the price from 1,500 to 3,200 ehh! Please we Nigeria are our own greatest problem!

We create issues out of Nothing and build a fence around it! Even an igbo man will never vote and igbo man into power all because they dont trust each other. So why the clamouring for Buhari's head?? Please if we want to live in unity and one accord we start from our houses to speak in 1 voice as a Nation.

#ILOVENIGERIA#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by flokii: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
DaPuncline:

Bros I kept asking myself where the so called "Ohanenze Ndigibo" group was in 2011 when Yar'adua guys tried to hijack power? They were so invisible during the protest masterminded by the yorubas in support of jonathan ? The likes of edwin clark, asari dokubo, nwabueze were mute but later came back to brainwash GEJ and made him believe SW is inconsequential, it was too late wen he discovered his mistake. His dollars and his coming to SW 6 times within 2 weeks during his campaign could not save him.

That's what they do..

monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.. they want yorubas to always do d work while they reap where they didn't sow.. That has always been d problem if you check history. Why yorubas always have problem with them

see how their red cap chiefs ran to PMB immediately after elections when those that voted him in sef didn't famz.. It's just sad to see how they twist everything to feel good

Now if you dnt work, you dnt chop.. No one will hand anything to anybody again.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by DanielGb(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
It is very clear before the eyes of we the Afonja people(Oduduwa) today that the North are only in thirsty for power. I am not talking about the gospel of Northern Agenda to Islamize us all. I believe this is a lie. However, the northern agenda we are all looking at is quite different. This is the time for the Yoruba People to give full support to our other southern brothers. If the South unite, to raise two suitable candidates (President and V.P) that the people will vote for, then, the North will be taken out of power.

The truth we are all not embracing is that the North need to watch the South run the country, completely, and see the difference. Most of Northern leaders don't care to liberate there own people. They do not invest in, nor finance education the way the South does. Above all, the Elite among them, keep the place of power for there own. The North have the highest level of corruption because most of it can easily be hidden under ignorance that ravaging the northern area of the country.

Afonjas need to support the other Southern brothers (South-South, South East) this time around. I have a suitable candidate that comes to my mind. Babatunde Raji Fashola/ Peter Obi(2019)

This will only work if we are ready to do the right thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by rasco2000me: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
THISS ARE THE OLD FULL THAT WAS BUSY SHARING OUR MONEY,THEIR CAL FOR PEOPLE TO VOTE JONATHAN,WAS NOT GENUINE CALL SHARE THE MONEY
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by foladara777(m): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
PentiumProf:
An honest afonja man by name okoronmu just said what every well wisher of afonja has been saying for a long
You afonjas make wrong and stupid choice in choosing your leaders
Your leaders lead you people to destruction
First it was Awolowo now tinubu
What angers me the most is that you have great leaders like akintola adedibu Fani kayode and fayose yet you people choose to follow Chicago drug barron tinubu
See where tinubu has taken you people to
Imagine wicked fulanis are maltreating you people and there is nothing you or your useless tinubu can do
I feel sorry for your shameless state
U gat to be kidding me?? So Akintola is/was a better leader than Awolowo. Boy, u need to learn history. Akintola was d one who made an alliance with the north which awolowo was against. And Adedibu and FFK are your other examples of good leaders... Mehn, how much crap can be contained in just one comment
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Most Yorubas claimed that Jonathan marginalized them but they rejected the speakership position zoned to them.

But the same people that shouted marginalization under GEJ are now comfortable with it under Buhari, they don't care if Buhari fills all the positions from his village as far as they are none Igbo/ ND.

South East will never vote a buhari instead they would not vote at all. That is what principle is all about....I will not be wrong when I say Yorubas have no principle.

NAIRA ..... never allow igbo rule again..
moreva nt voting d igbos as president is more than a principle its our MOTTO ...grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
DanielGb:
It is very clear before the eyes of we the Afonja people(Oduduwa) today that the North are only in thirsty for power. I am not talking about the gospel of Northern Agenda to Islamize us all. I believe this is a lie. However, the northern agenda we are all looking at is quite different. This is the time for the Yoruba People to give full support to our other southern brothers. If the South unite, to raise two suitable candidates (President and V.P) that the people will vote for, then, the North will be taken out of power.

The truth we are all not embracing is that the North need to watch the South run the country, completely, and see the difference. Most of Northern leaders don't care to liberate there own people. They do not invest in, nor finance education the way the South does. Above all, the Elite among them, keep the place of power for there own. The North have the highest level of corruption because most of it can easily be hidden under ignorance that ravaging the northern area of the country.

Afonjas need to support the other Southern brothers (South-South, South East) this time around. I have a suitable candidate that comes to my mind. Babatunde Raji Fashola/ Peter Obi(2019)

This will only work if we are ready to do the right thing.

I'm an Afonja and I completely endorse this. The way Buhari is running the country no be am at all. I feel SW supporting buhari was a mistake. We never expected that it will turn out like this. It's even worse than under GEJ. In simple terms Buhari is dragging the country back. We need smart people in govt. Not old expired cargo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Edu wat?... inte how? ?.... make i heard word joor!
They have made this mistake twice and wont be d last time..
The worst part is their suffering n smiling attitude.. they neva accept their mistakes
Thts why they keep making it over and over.
Does this portray intellingence or smartness undecided
If not for their betrayals the north wont be acting as if they own d country.

Yea i hav yoruba friends ... but i kno d limit i can go with them... coz they can sting u at ur back wen u standing at d their front

I am intelligent and a proud yoruba man.

Buhari is a disappointment and I am not sorry to say I supported him because Jonathan was also a clueless idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
12inches1:

I'm an Afonja and I completely endorse this. The way Buhari is running the country no be am at all. I feel SW supporting buhari was a mistake. We never expected that it will turn out like this. It's even worse than under GEJ. In simple terms Buhari is dragging the country back. We need smart people in govt. Not old expired cargo

You nailed it bro. We need to go back to old zonal system where each state control their resources, make their laws and protect their citizen.

Nigeria was designed by stupid British to favour the hausas and fulanis, unfortunately this group only care about the year after and not this beautiful world we live in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by NIGHTMAREOO7: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I am intelligent and a proud yoruba man.

Buhari is a disappointment and I am not sorry to day I supported him because Jonathan was also a clueless idiot.

Nah!..
u behaviour says otherwise.
H0w many times will ur head will be used before u learn.? undecided.
Simply bcoz u are beefing igbos who are not ur problem.... now drama is unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
ericsmith:

NAIRA ..... never allow igbo rule again..
moreva nt voting d igbos as president is more than a principle its our MOTTO ...grin

An intelligent igbo man will do a much better job than Mr clueless Buhari

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by femolala001(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

I am progressing. We are progressing as a country.
Nigerians now know that thieves are not presiding over their affairs as we had it under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Nigerians now know that they're secured and no fear of Book Haram with PMB as president.

The economy is working for hard working citizens but the lazy, docile, corrupt ones are the ones crying day and night.

You are embittered and disgruntled. Change your ways.
Im sorry to say this... u disappointed me.. im so so disappointed... although i voted for buhari im a southwesterner because i really wanted change. But i am disappointed just like other southwesterners who voted. You need to see d way people are suffering... forget hardwork or lazy here.. is dis d same way we were living 4 to 5 years ago... i regretted voting for PMB. Although he has integrity he is honest but will dat put food on the table for am average Nigerian??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by emymeeky: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

I am progressing. We are progressing as a country.
Nigerians now know that thieves are not presiding over their affairs as we had it under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Nigerians now know that they're secured and no fear of Book Haram with PMB as president.

The economy is working for hard working citizens but the lazy, docile, corrupt ones are the ones crying day and night.

You are embittered and disgruntled. Change your ways.

Nigerians now know ... Nigerians now know ... Will knowing put food on the table of an ordinary man ?

Knowing, knowing ... Buhari's zombies are really slaves

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Nah!..
u behaviour says otherwise.
H0w many times will ur head will be used before u learn.? undecided.

I don't get you my friend.

Nigeria political structural was designed to have the north dominate Nigeria, whether by falsifying census result in favour of the North by the colonial master or by creating more state in the north, putting in place Quota system etc. The north (hausas fulanis) will always have more advantage than the remaining two other major ethnic group.

I am happy that igbos are agitating for self governers, I know the potential of the region because I had worked and been their several time. They need to break away from the fail state called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Not necessarily break away. However, every region in Nigeria should control their resources. So ND can keep their oil etc
abdulwastecx:

Nigeria political structural was designed to have the north dominate Nigeria, whether by falsifying census result in favour of the North by the colonial master or by creating more state in the north, putting in place Quota system etc. The north (hausas fulanis) will always have more advantage than the remaining two other major ethnic group.

I am happy that igbos are agitating for self governers, I know the potential of the region because I had worked and been their several time. They need to break away from the fail state called Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Zeemarn(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

Nonsense!

There are some elders in the west looking for every available opportunity to take a swipe at Tinubu. They are still very bitter that his words could held sway over theirs and how more successful he's become over the years. Furthermore, we did not make any mistakes voting for PMB, if presented with same options over again our position will be same. GEJ had over a year and six months to implement his confab report but did not for reasons best known to him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by geraob1: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
cowardSeun:

That's the reason the rest of the South should keep them at an arm length.... They are unstable and double-sided.
If they could betray their kinsmen then we should watch it.

Hahahahahahaha @ unstable... D unstable AFONJAAAAAA CONEEEEEEE HEADDDDDDSSS
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by PentiumProf: 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
foladara777:

U gat to be kidding me?? So Akintola is/was a better leader than Awolowo. Boy, u need to learn history. Akintola was d one who made an alliance with the north which awolowo was against. And Adedibu and FFK are your other examples of good leaders... Mehn, how much crap can be contained in just one comment
Is your god tinubu better than the persons i named
Or is awolowo any better
if Awolowo was not jealous of akintola and had not fraudstrated akintola out of the ag akintola would not have sought for alliance elsewhere
Why is it that anytime any well meaning friend tells you people the truth you feel like they hate you
We don't hate you all we are trying to do is to open your eyes
Your new fulani masters are using you and i cannot sit down and not speak out even if you people are afraid to speak out

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by udobaba(f): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

Nonsense!
Shut up your stingy mouth there you idiot. Your comment are always foolish. A fool at 38.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by NIGHTMAREOO7: 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Yes u could be right wen u said political stucture was designed to favour north.
But like its always said 2good heads are better than one.
If all souths were together initially right from time including south south... i dnt think north would hav been having upper hand in polictics.
It woild hav been difficult for them to be wining presidency.
And i dnt think some pple would av ever had d tot of secceding.

They are dominating only bcoz they managed to get part of south surportin them.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by datribune: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
Okunrounmu is a nonentity in yoruba land & indeed Nigeria. Does he think Yorubas hav no mind of their own?.
Many Nigerians, not only Yorubas remain forever grateful to d Jagaban 4 breaking d back of d most profligate & corrupt govt in Nigerian history & 4 sacking d so-called largest party in Africa which promised to rule our nation 4 d next 60yrs whether it performs or not. Can u imagine what would hav happened to dis country if Nigerians had given GEJ's govt wit its pitiable record of corruption & profligacy & which as Okonjo-Iweala recently revealed was averse to prudent savings another 4 more yrs of lootocracy?. It simply would hav been a repeat of d Shehu Shagari years when even d federal govt could not pay salaries.
Ar their problems? Yes & that's as it should be, since like another oil-producing country Venezuela, we had a prodigal govt dat refused to save 4 d rainy day & diversify its economy?.
I am proud to hav played a part in sacking GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by gemini35(m): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Daniel1990:

Snap Shot,do u reason from your anus??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by SycophanticGoat: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
Daniel1990:

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by udobaba(f): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
gemini35:
Snap Shot,do u reason from your anus??
He is mentally unstable, that is why he reason from the anus. Findings reveal that he has always been a guest at one hospital at yaba meant for mentally disorder people.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by adbokus(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Edu wat?... inte how? ?.... make i heard word joor!
They have made this mistake twice and wont be d last time..
The worst part is their suffering n smiling attitude.. they neva accept their mistakes
Thts why they keep making it over and over.
Does this portray intellingence or smartness undecided
If not for their betrayals the north wont be acting as if they own d country.

Yea i hav yoruba friends ... but i kno d limit i can go with them... coz they can sting u at ur back wen u standing at d their front
Yorubas are good people but when time comes to test the strength of their loyality, they always come off short! As a Yoruba person myself, I don't trust any Yoruba fellow. Quite unfortunate...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by adbokus(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
datribune:
Okunrounmu is a nonentity in yoruba land & indeed Nigeria. Does he think Yorubas hav no mind of their own?.
Many Nigerians, not only Yorubas remain forever grateful to d Jagaban 4 breaking d back of d most profligate & corrupt govt in Nigerian history & 4 sacking d so-called largest party in Africa which promised to rule our nation 4 d next 60yrs whether it performs or not. Can u imagine what would hav happened to dis country if Nigerians had given GEJ's govt wit its pitiable record of corruption & profligacy & which as Okonjo-Iweala recently revealed was averse to prudent savings another 4 more yrs of lootocracy?. It simply would hav been a repeat of d Shehu Shagari years when even d federal govt could not pay salaries.
Ar their problems? Yes & that's as it should be, since like another oil-producing country Venezuela, we had a prodigal govt dat refused to save 4 d rainy day & diversify its economy?.
I am proud to hav played a part in sacking GEJ.
Go and sit down somewhere man! It is not surprising that you will spew nonsense like this, you are a typical yoruba person never admitting wrong but remaining recalcitrant even in the face of incontrovertible evidences! Okurounmun spoke the undiluted truth, live with it man...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Strips Lamido Bayero Of Title / Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola / Anambra Police Repel Attack At Zone 13 Regional Police Headquarters (Pics& Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.