Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu (36565 Views)

Falae: Don’t Provoke The Yorubas Into War – Afenifere / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by udobaba(f): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

I don't blame you. Had the Ineffectual Buffoon managed to rig himself in, Boko Haram will have take n over more cities including Lagos and Abuja. If you'd experienced that scenario, perhaps you'll have accepted we're more secure than the time of the drunk.

Tell the people of the NE and NW they're not better secured and see their reaction.

Kids full NL.
You are the no one kid here because of the way you reason. You are such a foolish old kid. A fool at 38 is a fool for life.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by mailmitch(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

I am progressing. We are progressing as a country.
Nigerians now know that thieves are not presiding over their affairs as we had it under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Nigerians now know that they're secured and no fear of Book Haram with PMB as president.

The economy is working for hard working citizens but the lazy, docile, corrupt ones are the ones crying day and night.

You are embittered and disgruntled. Change your ways.

Oga pls speak fr ursef and dnt drag any Nigerian into ths ur lie. Smetimes I wonder whch kind mindsetpple like u hve. Smethng tht is obvious to evn d blind and ur here telling ur ancestors tht Nigeria is progressing. I pity ur type and I pray u recover frm whtevver ur taking.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by achieverme(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Most Yorubas claimed that Jonathan marginalized them but they rejected the speakership position zoned to them.

But the same people that shouted marginalization under GEJ are now comfortable with it under Buhari, they don't care if Buhari fills all the positions from his village as far as they are none Igbo/ ND.

South East will never vote a buhari instead they would not vote at all. That is what principle is all about....I will not be wrong when I say Yorubas have no principle.

You are not speaking the mind of nnamdi azikiwe. He partnered with Hausa/Fulani in 1959 andigbos played second fiddletothe north.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by MrPresident1: 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yoruba ti k'eran m'ero. All sorts of characters now claim to be Yoruba.

Buhari should clamp down on social media, not every one should be able to air an opinion. What I read here as comment from some people is as stomach churning as it is nauseating.

Oro agba bi o se l'owuro bo pe titi a se l'ojo ale.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by achieverme(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
As a yoruba man, i regret voting buhari because i never expected this betrayal attitude towards Tinubu who laboured so hard for him to emerge president. Tinubu remains a jewel in yoruba land and even renegades like fayose and ffk acknowledge him as a leader of the yoruba nation. Tinubu did not sell us into political slavery, the north simply betrayed the SW and we will vote out buhari in 2019 for this hardship we are currently experiencing. We yoruba's are sorry for voting buhari.

Tinubu is your jewel, not mine. Everything tinubu did, he did for his personal selfish interest. Tinubu wasn't thinking of your interest. He was thinking of his own selfish interest. This was why he brainwashed you to vote for buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by achieverme(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
AntiWailer:
Political Slavery.

What do you expect from a man who supported Jonathan during election ? I know wailers will be happy to jump on the title without thinking.

In Buhari's Government. This are Yoruba people in the cabinet.

-Vice President

-Senate President (Bukola Saraki is a Yoruba man dnt be decieved).

-Minister of Power and Housing

-Minister Of Finance.

-Minister of Solid Minerals

-Minister of Health

-Minister of Information

-Minister of State for Niger Delta

-Minister for Communication

- Majority Leader in the House

- Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Babatunde Fowler

- Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president:

Unless Slavery is when some group of people can not chop and clean mouth again.

If you have any sense in your head at all, you will know those ministers are just bench warmers, figure heads and puppets. The real people ruling Nigeria are maman daura (or whatever his name is), Abu kyari, and the rest of the mafia.

Aisha, who is closer to them made the revelation.but empty souls like you would still prefer to follow bush even when you see road.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by vislabraye(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
As a yoruba man, i regret voting buhari because i never expected this betrayal attitude towards Tinubu who laboured so hard for him to emerge president. Tinubu remains a jewel in yoruba land and even renegades like fayose and ffk acknowledge him as a leader of the yoruba nation. Tinubu did not sell us into political slavery, the north simply betrayed the SW and we will vote out buhari in 2019 for this hardship we are currently experiencing. We yoruba's are sorry for voting buhari.

You can only speak for yourself. There are many others who believe Pmb is the best thing to happen to the SW.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by DaPuncline: 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
flokii:

That's what they do..

monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.. they want yorubas to always do d work while they reap where they didn't sow.. That has always been d problem if you check history. Why yorubas always have problem with them

see how their red cap chiefs ran to PMB immediately after elections when those that voted him in sef didn't famz.. It's just sad to see how they twist everything to feel good

Now if you dnt work, you dnt chop.. No one will hand anything to anybody again.
Spot on bro. Feeling ur comment. Just finished watching Liverpool vs Man Uts (1st half)

The funny thing is after the 2015 election result landed on them like a bomb, they went ahead to dig out BIAFRA that has already been buried in her grave of shame, when the biafra mantra did not work out, they changed tone to restructuring, now they are telling buhari too look beyond APC for his political appointments. These guys are jokers and sore losers.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by vislabraye(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
achieverme:

If you have any sense in your head at all, you will know those ministers are just bench warmers, figure heads and puppets. The real people ruling Nigeria are maman daura (or whatever his name is), Abu kyari, and the rest of the mafia.

Aisha, who is closer to them made the revelation.but empty souls like you would still prefer to follow bush even when you see road.

He has forgotten there's something called Federal character. Every region must be represented.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by vislabraye(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
achieverme:

He has forgotten there's something called Federal character. Every state and region must be represented.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Ojiofor: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
The disease of the Yoruba man is selfishness-Sen Okuruonmu. shocked

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by 2n2k(m): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Okuronmu fought for the political leadership of Yorubas with Tinubu and he was dusted hence the sour grapes

Okuronmu is talking about principle. Between him and Tinubu who has it?

In 2003, he was one of the leaders of AD that sold out to PDP and AD lost all the governorship seats it won in 1999 to PDP except Lagos where Tinubu rebelled. That was the beginning of the downfall of Okuronmu and his afenifere cohorts and the rise of Tinubu

In 2015, Okuronmu professed to still be in AD but because of his closeness with GEJ, he wanted APC members to vote for PDP. Is that a principled person? Of course, PDP members in SW rightly voted for GEJ but it would be a betrayal for Tinubu to have jettisoned his own party candidate for an opposing candidate.

Okuronmu talking bad about Tinubu is not unexpected, afterall how will Chris and Andy Uba speak about Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Shym3xx: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Akolawole:
Senator Okunrounmu was saying Nonsense. Absolute crap.

How was AD formed?

Did he know how much Tinubu, Dan Suleman, Rashidi Ladoja, Alfred Rewane, Wole Soyinka drive Nadeco?

In those days, they were moving all around the world with the exception of the Big 3;

1) Baba Ajasin who make Owo World headquarters of NADECO

2) Chief Bola Ige stayed throughout in Ibadan and

3) Ijebu 4 ( headed by Abraham Adesanya) operating between Ogun state and Lagos

Sometimes, i laugh when some tribes coined Yoruba as non-principles.

Lol, the most loyal, yet the most hated. grin

OAUtemitayo ...read that. Four wise men who rode till the wheels fell off. Loyalty above everything and death before dishonour - that's the spirit.

Salute to them. wink

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Charly68: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
I hope Buhari is reading this ,he caused this opprobrium for an innocent leader. What do you do when a man you trust turn back to distrust you? What do you do when he man you spend your money to promote come back to demote you. We learn daily in politics.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by toshmann(m): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Quite honest post. But its too late. You cant vote out Buhari in 2019. Did you expect that he would keep INEC independent as GEJ did? Think again. This guy is a dictator. Y'all thought he has changed. Ndo.
And some were clapping when Judges were arrested Idi Amin style, claiming corruption. Well, soon he will sack INEC claiming corruption and replace it with his own boys.

He's foing nowhere untill 2023, after which he plants his own man.

Watch this space.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by AntiWailer: 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
achieverme:

Why have u not warmed bench as Vice PRESIDENT., finance minister or minister of power.

U wey get sense.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Shym3xx: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
Anyway, before I go into hibernation, I'd say, in defense of Tinubu, he didn't sell anyone in political slavery. He just overplayed his card and got outsmarted by a man/region that saw the card he was going to play. And proactively countered it in an effective way, before the smoke cleared. Albeit with the aid of fifth columnists based on the principle that, "every man has a price".

This is realpolitik and power game. All you can do is count ya losses and go back to the drawing board, for a fresh start. You can't dwell on it too tough, by fighting a lost battle. Once you start doing that - you're showing a lot of weakness. Heck, they lost time ago.

Best wishes from me. Once bitten, twice shy- and what doesn't break you will only make you stronger. wink

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by fx45(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Daniel1990:
Does this guy reason with his anus?
He's actually one of the paid Internet hacks in the employ of APC. He's doing his job. U don't make the mistake of arguing with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:

I am progressing. We are progressing as a country.
Nigerians now know that thieves are not presiding over their affairs as we had it under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Nigerians now know that they're secured and no fear of Book Haram with PMB as president.

The economy is working for hard working citizens but the lazy, docile, corrupt ones are the ones crying day and night.

You are embittered and disgruntled. Change your ways.

Get well soon
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
achieverme:

You are not speaking the mind of nnamdi azikiwe. He partnered with Hausa/Fulani in 1959 andigbos played second fiddletothe north.

And Yoruba were no where in the picture
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
DaPuncline:

Spot on bro. Feeling ur comment. Just finished watching Liverpool vs Man Uts (1st half)

The funny thing is after the 2015 election result landed on them like a bomb, they went ahead to dig out BIAFRA that has already been buried in her grave of shame, when the biafra mantra did not work out, they changed tone to restructuring, now they are telling buhari too look beyond APC for his political appointments. These guys are jokers and sore losers.

Who is this sick fool. Biafra struggle will go in till the walls if Jericho fall down flat but as long as we are in this contraption with you semi humans, we'll take part in each and every aspect of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
DropShot:
Wicked greedy politicians have mastered the act of brainwashing the unsuspecting gullible youths.

What special personal gains did Obasanjo presidency curry for an average Yoruba man on the street?

What undue advantages did Jonathan's presidency give to the average Ijaw man. The last time we heard, his Oyuoke lacked good road, potable water and even electricity. They cursed him on pages of newspaper.

Did NOI give Nigeria's money to the igbo man on the street? She gave it to her cronies through import waivers.

Or, has Buhari emptied the treasury for his Hausa/Fulani brothers on the street?

So, what slavery are Yorubas condemned to by Tinubu or anyone?

GEJ failed by every parameter any govt can be judged with, and Nigerians duly removed the Ineffectual Buffoon from office. No apologies from me for the part I played.

Emotional and sentimental blackmail will not bring the IB or any corrupt person back to the presidency. So, deal with it as you like.

Nonsense!

No one expects an apology from you......you can say more then has been said....
Let me ask you the person you brought in now is now doing what ..... To him whom has an head brain us required.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by DaPuncline: 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

Who is this sick fool. Biafra struggle will go in till the walls if Jericho fall down flat but as long as we are in this contraption with you semi humans, we'll take part in each and every aspect of Nigeria
Oga you miss road ? Who datch your monkey banana ? Nigger go meet your folks at yaba left, this discussion is too big and advanced for a retard-ignoramus like you to participate. When the grown ups are talking u keep ur stinking-rotten mouth shut and open ur parabolic-addled brain maybe some crumbs of knowledge can be deposited in mendulla system. Sule.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by delvinmaya(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
And at the end of the day, rather thanaddress the issue at hand "apparent ineptness" of the commander in chief, certain elements have started the blame game. The name calling, the chest beating, referring to history and failing to learn from history.
As an igbo, are you going to tell me you know it all? Are you going to tell me there are not rampant cases of betrayal and worse within ur ranks? Are you going to claim righteousness in all your dealings? Are you going to claim not being a part of the problem of the country? So why are you being vindictive?

As a Yoruba, are you going to continually act as if you are blind to the actual happenings within the country? Are you not going to repent and call a spade a spade? When will you drop the toga of sophistication and learn that fostering peace and unity within your tribes and other ethnic groups is the way out? Are you going to claim righteousness in all your dealing? Are you going to claim not being a part of the problem of the country?

If you like insult me, call me names. I will tell each and everyone of you this, you are the problem of this country. Especially if you are young, educated. If you are old and you indulge in this pettiness, no hope again for you and your generations yet unborn. Because you have decided to chase frivolity around. The dumb old bat who granted this interview and said all this is a part of the problem, and instead of us pointing that out and looking for ways to ensure we rid this country of people who dragged this country down like him, we are trading words and insulting each other. Whether Yoruba or igbo or Hausa or you fell from the Sky, as long as you are in this country tonight, tomorrow or whenever, use your brain.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by biggy26: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
donsteady:
The Yorubas are educated and intelligent people but I honestly don't know why they fall for this cheap crap. Maybe they are not smart enough. Sad they will be slave for the next 3yrs. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

He said it all, Tinubu's greed. He refused to look at history.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Bolaadu(m): 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
broda what is our achievement when our broda is dere as president OBJ?
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by mikolo80: 12:03am On Oct 18, 2016
donsteady:
The Yorubas are educated and intelligent people but I honestly don't know why they fall for this cheap crap. Maybe they are not smart enough. Sad they will be slave for the next 3yrs. I hope they learn from their mistakes.
how are they slaves
Why are you always quoting thieves
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Basiiil(m): 12:20am On Oct 18, 2016
Na waoooo.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Amaru04: 1:03am On Oct 18, 2016
sir.with all due respect,you don't represent the Yoruba people.As a matter of fact we are very informed as a group and we voted based on our personal volition.Stop blaming Ashiwaju for the turn of event,most of you all so called "elder 'statemen'has personal vendetta against Ashiwaju.The Yoruba's are the most educated ethnic group,so we made our choice and you don't represent us sir.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by ikechu1: 2:30am On Oct 18, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Most Yorubas claimed that Jonathan marginalized them but they rejected the speakership position zoned to them.

But the same people that shouted marginalization under GEJ are now comfortable with it under Buhari, they don't care if Buhari fills all the positions from his village as far as they are none Igbo/ ND.

South East will never vote a buhari instead they would not vote at all. That is what principle is all about....I will not be wrong when I say Yorubas have no principle.

Dude I've been on this forum long enough to understand yoloba people very well. One pattern I've noticed is their despise for other regions/ppl progress hence whe never any non yoloba leader/city/tribe is praised, they are quick to attack and do some d1ck measuring nonsense. They have an inferiority complex when it comes to other southern people.

Therefore, you are absolutely correct when you stated they hated GEJ because he "marginalized" them...no, that was not the case. If it was, they would have cared about Buhari northernization. They hated GEJ simply because GEJ uplifted/dragged other southerners alongside him. They tried to use GEJ and when that failed, they support after Buhari. Unfortunately, the North saw it coming and was prepared for them.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by Uchenduin: 3:06am On Oct 18, 2016
DropShot:
Wicked greedy politicians have mastered the act of brainwashing the unsuspecting gullible youths.

What special personal gains did Obasanjo presidency curry for an average Yoruba man on the street?

What undue advantages did Jonathan's presidency give to the average Ijaw man. The last time we heard, his Oyuoke lacked good road, potable water and even electricity. They cursed him on pages of newspaper.

Did NOI give Nigeria's money to the igbo man on the street? She gave it to her cronies through import waivers.

Or, has Buhari emptied the treasury for his Hausa/Fulani brothers on the street?

So, what slavery are Yorubas condemned to by Tinubu or anyone?

GEJ failed by every parameter any govt can be judged with, and Nigerians duly removed the Ineffectual Buffoon from office. No apologies from me for the part I played.

Emotional and sentimental blackmail will not bring the IB or any corrupt person back to the presidency. So, deal with it as you like.

Nonsense!

am just seeing hatred dats all.
In GEJ administratn,nigeria is d largest economy in africa.
Rate ur buhari economy

northerners r only good in agriculture nd cattle rearing bt they wont leave leadershp 4 educated nd brilliant southerner,
south west caused it all.i knw my ppe,igbo man can neva vote 4 a northerner because they r nt capable,instead let hungry kill us.dats wat is calld intergrity,dignity,principle nd discipline dat yoruba's lack.
Re: Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu by ATERI(m): 3:18am On Oct 18, 2016
Senator Okurounmu has always been one of the sensible ones in Yorubaland, but that doesn`t mean he is incapable of making a mistake. Only a gullible person would believe that Goodluck Jonathan would restructure Nigeria. Besides, most Yorubas did not vote for Buhari because of Tinubu, rather they voted for Buhari based on Buhari`s reputation as a credible General during his first coming in the 80s. I said it before and I would repeat it again that, the GEJ brigade could have defeated Buhari if they had been patriotic enough to allow Ribadu to be PDP`s flag-bearer in the 2015 Presidential election. The selfishness they are accusing other people of, did not allow them to put Nigeria first when it mattered most.
The Buhari of 2016 has diaappointed many people, but that doesn`t mean we should give up or continue to engage in juvenile buck-passing.
Corruption and insecurity killed Nigeria under Jonathan; these two problems have reduced today. Don`t blame Buhari for your street crimes, that is what your governors must tackle
As to the tribalistic idiots, start to prepare your mind for the fact that a Northerner would be President of Nigera after 2019, the question is whether you would be smart enough to support Ribadu or not.

Below is a piece of news in the most authoritative newspaper in London last Sunday. According to the Sunday Times of London, [b]" Britain has stepped up its landmark case against former Nigerian oil minister allegedly involved in the disappearance of more than $20bn from her country`s coffers.
Diezani Alison-Madueke, who has moved to London for cancer treatment, was arrested a year ago by the National Crime Agency`s new international corruption unit on suspicion of bribery and money laundering. She was released on conditional bail.

Alison-Madueke, 55, has denied any wrongdoing and has challenged the seizure of £27,000 in cash that she had at the time of her arrest
On September 29, Westminster magistrate ruled that the corruption unit could keep hold of the cash while it builds its case.

The former minister has hired BCL, a law firm led by business crime specialist Ian Burton. He represented Max Clifford, the publicist who was jailed for eight years. Burton also worked for Mohamed al-Fayed on his efforts to uncover information about the car crash that killed his son and Diana, Pricess of Wales. BCL did not respond to requests for comment.

Alison-Madueke left Nigeria last year as President Muhamadu Buhari swept to power on an anti-corruption platform. During her five years as oil minister, up to $1bn a month was allegedly diverted from the state through allegedly fraudulent oil and gas deal

The case is the first brought by the NCA`s international corruption unit. It declined to comment.

David Cameron branded Nigeria "fantastically corrupt" in a conversation with the Queen in May. Much of the ill-gotten gains from Africa`s biggest crude producer have been recycled into luxury homes and other assets in Britain"[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola / Anambra Police Repel Attack At Zone 13 Regional Police Headquarters (Pics& Video / Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.