Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

Problems with Evolutionary Theory - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems with Evolutionary Theory (13624 Views)

Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / Extraordinary Feat By Lizard Suggests The Species Is In Evolutionary Transition / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
wirinet:
So you accept man as a specie, but you reject the "origin of species"? So what specie is man? Do you also accept man is in the Hominidae family?
Yes. I accept taxonomy not evolution
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
SirShifty:

I don't know how you interpreted the data, but yes most Christians in the US and Western Europe accept evolution, they tend to believe in a theistic form of evolution in which God starts the process which is different from creationist, 6000 year old concept
Theistic evolutionists are not evolutionist don't confuse them. Not all creationist believe in 6000years old earth
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
SirShifty:

We can extrapolate based on the percentage of Christians in the population of these countries excluding Turkey
It's not only Christians that reject evolution

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
SirWere:
From the onset, I knew this thread was going to be trash.,.....

Yep, I said it. It's trash.
Then what are you doing here

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
wirinet:

This does not merit a response, it show you have no idea of science or how scientific principles work.

Evolution will only continue to be controversial to ignorant black African who have been completely brainwashed into worshipping the gods of their conquerors. In the west and more enlightened societies, even 10 yr olds understand and accept evolution as a fact.
That's a big lie, do you think everyone in the West accepts evolution. They have largest number of creationist proponents
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by CoolUsername: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
Kalatium:

But I have not seen any direct evidence of one species evolving into another.

Doesn't the link show examples of previous members of the same species unable to bread with reach other? That is what speciation is.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

Doesn't the link show examples of previous members of the same species unable to bread with reach other? That is what speciation is.

It's not that I am denying that it happens, but evidences for microevolution are not evidence for macroevolution. Speciation does not guarantee macroevolution. We are still yet to observe macroevolution.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kalatium:
It's not that I am denying that it happens, but evidences for microevolution are not evidence for macroevolution. Speciation does not guarantee macroevolution. We are still yet to observe macroevolution.
If speciation isn't macro-evolution, then what is macroevolution? Can you elaborate on what you'd accept as direct evidence for macroevolution?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by CoolUsername: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kalatium:

The difference between the Poodle and the Great Dane is termed microevolution by you.

Are you also going to call the difference between the Dog and the Wolf microevolution, too?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Seun(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
What's Kalatium's definition of macroevolution, since he is now saying "speciation does not guarantee macroevolution"? I don't know how we could possibly proceed without a definition of that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by UyiIredia(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

The difference between the Poodle and the Great Dane is termed microevolution by you.

Are you also going to call the difference between the Dog and the Wolf microevolution, too?

Yes. Dogs and wolves are the same species. And macroevolution is changes within a species.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
Seun:
What's Kalatium's definition of macroevolution, since he is now saying "speciation does not guarantee macroevolution"? I don't know how we could possibly proceed without a definition of that.

Macroevolution is changes above the level of a species. That has been observed. Case in point ring species.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by CoolUsername: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

Yes. Dogs and wolves are the same species. And macroevolution is changes within a species.

You mean to tell me that the Canis lupus and the Canis familiaris, two animals with different specific names belong to the same species?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

I think you mean dogs and wolves are the same Genus. Not species.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

You mean to tell me that the Canis lupus and the Canis familiaris, two animals with different specific names belong to the same species?
Ask him o
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

I think you mean dogs and wolves are the same Genus. Not species.
Don't mind him, he's confused
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
The issue of hoaxes which occurs mostly in the 19th and 20th century is an undisputable fact against evolution because .how sure are we that we are not misled today.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

No
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by CoolUsername: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kalatium:

No

So why did you say that the observed branching out a specie into two distinct species isn't macroevolution?

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2016
CoolUsername:

So why did you say that the observed branching out a specie into two distinct species isn't macroevolution?
I only said speciation is not a guarantee of macroevolution
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 10:22am On Nov 01, 2016
Some are trying to say that evolution is different from abiogenesis, big bang and other cosmic evolution, but the fact is that they are wrong. They confuse biological evolution with evolution itself.

The word "evolution" does not apply exclusively to biological evolution. The universe and our solar system have developed out of the explosion of matter that began our known universe. Chemical elements have evolved from simpler matter. Life has evolved from non-life, and complex organisms from simpler forms. Languages, religions, and political systems all evolve. Hence, evolution is an appropriate theme for a course on global change.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2016
Kalatium:
Some are trying to say that evolution is different from abiogenesis, big bang and other cosmic evolution, but the fact is that they are wrong. They confuse biological evolution with evolution itself.

The word "evolution" does not apply exclusively to biological evolution. The universe and our solar system have developed out of the explosion of matter that began our known universe. Chemical elements have evolved from simpler matter. Life has evolved from non-life, and complex organisms from simpler forms. Languages, religions, and political systems all evolve. Hence, evolution is an appropriate theme for a course on global change.

Everything is evolution.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Seun(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Kalatium:

I only said speciation is not a guarantee of macroevolution
Which is utter nonsense, at best. It's like saying that being tall is no guarantee of height. CoolUsername has defeated your argument.

Kalatium:
Apologists love to mess with the definitions of key words to create an atmosphere of confusion in which their nonsensical ideas can thrive. The theory of evolution, abiogenesis, the big bang theory, and star formation are very different and no sane purpose is served by conflating them.

PastorAIO:
Everything is evolution.
Don't fall for this trap. He wants to be able to claim that evolution is not true by discrediting the other things that he's classifying as evolution.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Seun:

Don't fall for this trap. He wants to be able to claim that evolution is not true by discrediting the other things that he's classifying as evolution.

I'll try not to fall for any trap, however it is my position, and I've stated many times in this forum, that every form is subject to change/evolution. This is true whether the form in question is the Genetic material of a species, The structure and lexicon of a language, The geo-political structure of the globe, The Ideology and structure of a religion or religions, The meteorological patterns of the weather, Fashions and sartorial trends etc etc etc..
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
Seun:

Which is utter nonsense, at best. It's like saying that being tall is no guarantee of height. CoolUsername has defeated your argument.

Apologists love to mess with the definitions of key words to create an atmosphere of confusion in which their nonsensical ideas can thrive. The theory of evolution, abiogenesis, the big bang theory, and star formation are very different and no sane purpose is served by conflating them.

You get it wrong, go and research. Evolution is global stop confusing it with theory of (biological) evolution.

What are you trying to prove.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Go to this link for clarification http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/speciation/speciation.html
Read the first and second paragraph
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by CoolUsername: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Kalatium:

You get it wrong, go and research. Evolution is global stop confusing it with theory of (biological) evolution.

Wat.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
CoolUsername:

Wat.
Kalatium:
Go to this link for clarification http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/speciation/speciation.html
Read the first and second paragraph
CoolUsername:

Go to dis link
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lennycool:

What an inconsequential idiot. And where did you come about this staggering fact.
I carried out research
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Why do people keep shouting that there are proofs for evolutionary theory. The fact is that a theory can only be disproven it can never be proven. Evolutionary theory can only be backed by evidence but can never be proven. But it can be disproven.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
Kalatium:

I carried out research
From where?
Suya wrappings?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / What Is Your Favourite Gospel Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.