Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Problems with Evolutionary Theory - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems with Evolutionary Theory (12912 Views)

Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / Extraordinary Feat By Lizard Suggests The Species Is In Evolutionary Transition / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:
From where? Suya wrappings?
No from cow dung
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2016
annunaki2:

My brain does not acknowledge myths. Meanwhile kindly explain to us why the dragonfly as not evolved in 450 million years and the crocodile as not evolved in 200 million years as there are fossilised evidence of both creatures dating back to time mentioned.
Bro, you are arguing from personal incredulity(a type of logical fallacy), the fact that you don't believe and can't acknowledge what you call a myth doesn't mean doesn't mean it didn't happen
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 06, 2016
Kalatium:

No from cow dung

That would explain it.
Smarter men that him have tried for more than a 100 years and they have all failed. Why?
Because evolution is a fact?
It would be like trying to disprove 1+1=2
Every branch of science agrees with evolution
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

That would explain it.
Smarter men that you have tried for more than a 100 years and they have all failed. Why?

Not every branch of science agrees with biological evolution. I have my reasons
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 06, 2016
Kalatium:

Not every branch of science agrees with biological evolution. I have my reasons
Every branch that can does. That is a fact. You can research about it.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2016
1997-NOV data is little changed. Note the massive differences between the beliefs of the general population and of scientists:
Group |Creation | Theistic Evolution |Evolution
Everyone | 44% | 39% | 10%
Scientists| 5% | 40% | 55%

Only 2/3 of scientists believe in evolution, not all of them. Stop making conclusions and ignorant arguments.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lennycool:

Every branch that can does. That is a fact. You can research about it.
Atheist do not believe in God but they try to cajole the religious affiliates to give up their faith. They try to use science as excuse that there is no God.
Remember, science is limited to nature and cannot explain the supernatural
https://www.nairaland.com/3436255/five-atheist-miracles
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lennycool:

That would explain it.
Smarter men that him have tried for more than a 100 years and they have all failed. Why?
The creationist who try to dispute evolution present your argument unscientifically.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kalatium:
Atheist do not believe in God but they try to cajole the religious affiliates to give up their faith. They try to use science as excuse that there is no God.
Remember, science is limited to nature and cannot explain the supernatural
https://www.nairaland.com/3436255/five-atheist-miracles

Religious people also try to cajole other religions affiliates to give up their faith.

what do they all have in common. Ideology.

There are atheist ideologies and theist ideologies and they almost all try to convert others.

It just shows that most of these religions are just various man made ideologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2016
Here are five facts about the public’s views on evolution as well as other aspects of the debate in the U.S. and elsewhere:
Only a minority of Americans fully accept evolution through natural selection.
Roughly six-in-ten U.S. adults (62%) say humans have evolved over time, according to data from Pew Research Center’s recently released Religious Landscape Study . But only a little more than half of them (33% of all Americans) express the belief that humans and other living things evolved solely due to natural processes. A quarter of U.S. adults (25%) say evolution was guided by a supreme being. The same survey found that 34% of Americans reject evolution entirely, saying humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time.
Scientists and beliefs about human evolution
While 98% of scientists connected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science say they believe humans evolved over time, only two-thirds (66%) of Americans overall perceive that scientists generally agree
about evolution , according to 2014 data from a recent Pew Research Center survey on science and society. Those in the general public who reject evolution are divided on whether there is a scientific consensus on the topic, with 47% saying scientists agree on evolution and 46% saying they do not.
A series of court decisions have prohibited the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in public schools. In spite of efforts in many American states and localities to ban the teaching of evolution in public schools or to teach alternatives to evolution, courts in recent decades have consistently rejected public school curricula that veer away from evolutionary theory. In Edwards v. Aguillard (1987), for instance, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a Louisiana law requiring public school students to learn both evolution and “creation science” violated the Constitution’s prohibition on the establishment of religion.
Belief in evolution by religious tradition
Of all the major religious groups in the U.S., evangelical Protestants are among the most likely to reject evolution. According to the
Religious Landscape Study , a solid majority (57%) of evangelicals say humans and other living things have always existed in their present form. (About half of Mormons and roughly three-quarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses also reject evolution.) These views are largely mirrored by the positions of large evangelical churches, as well as, in many cases, by majorities of their members. For instance, majorities of those who affiliate with the Southern Baptist Convention (58%) and the Seventh-day Adventist church (67%) reject the idea that human beings evolved over time. By contrast, much smaller minorities of mainline Protestants (30%), Catholics (29%), Jews (16%) and the religiously unaffiliated (15%) share this view.
Compared with the U.S., even larger percentages of people in many other countries reject evolution. For example, in Latin America, roughly four-in-ten or more residents of several countries – including Ecuador, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic – say humans and other living things have always existed in their present form. This is true even though the official teachings of Catholicism, which is the majority religion in the region, do not reject evolution. Meanwhile, Muslims in many nations are divided on the topic, although majorities of Muslims in countries such as Afghanistan, Indonesia and Iraq reject evolution.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Niflheim(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2016
@OP,

Are you sure that all is well with you? You said that most baptists and jehovah's witnesses reject Evolution? Is that an argument against Evolution or an Argument for "Religion encourages stupidity"?

@OP, all Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists reject christianity, so why are you a christian?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by jonbellion(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Lol honestly if you want to disprove evolution

Follow the scientific method exactly, providing objective, verifiable evidence that withstands repeated peer review showing that all aspects of evolution currently supported by two centuries' worth of evidence are false.

Good luck with that.
Why do you want to "disprove" everything anyway

2 Likes

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 11:59am On Nov 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

Religious people also try to cajole other religions affiliates to give up their faith.

There are atheist ideologies and theist ideologies and they almost all try to convert others.

It just shows that most of these religions are just various man made ideologies.

But now you accept that atheist have their own ideologies trying to persuade theist
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP,

Are you sure that all is well with you? You said that most baptists and jehovah's witnesses reject Evolution? Is that an argument against Evolution or an Argument for "Religion encourages stupidity"?

@OP, all Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists reject christianity, so why are you a christian?
Hey... Are you framing me? When did I said that
In answering your questions, someone argued that most people in the West believe evolution that only Africa have a problem. So I am trying to give evidence that no all Americans believe in evolution
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

But now you accept that atheist have their own ideologies trying to persuade theist

'Now'? Please remind me of when I ever said otherwise.

Not every atheist is evangelical. Just like not every religious person is evangelical. That need to persuade others is something extra without it's own source in the human psychology.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ok... Since some complain that the topic is misleading. I decided to change the topic tnx
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

'Now'? Please remind me of when I ever said otherwise.

Not every atheist is evangelical. Just like not every religious person is evangelical. That need to persuade others is something extra without it's own source in the human psychology.
Then why is Richard Dawkins telling the public that religion limits development of science. Isaac Newton was a Christian, why is he the greatest mind in science. Is religion not suppose to limit his thinking and generally science.?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
The biggest shame committed by evolution is forgery, evolutionists forge evidences just to prove their theory(e.g Ernst haekel, who drew fake drawings in comparing the anatomy of vertebrates) but they were exposed by other scientists. Go to this link http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=hoaxes
The issue of hoaxes is an undisputable fact against evolution because how sure are we that we are not misled today.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

Then why is Richard Dawkins telling the public that religion limits development of science. Isaac Newton was a Christian, why is he the greatest mind in science. Is religion not suppose to limit his thinking and generally science.?

You'll have to ask Richard Dawkins that.

What I do know is that many Religious people and institutions up until very recently have done a lot to make sure that human learning is curtailed. Maybe that is what Richard Dawkins is talking about, though I can't speak for him. In fact, I don't even like Richard Dawkins.

For example the advances in Stem Cell research was vigorously resisted by Christians. In fact I believe that that is where all this current Science versus Religion brouhaha that we are seeing today started.

We all know about the persecutions of Galileo Galilei by the Religious Authorities. That is one of the biggest examples in the history of the interaction between Religious attitudes and the advance of human learning.

Please don't forget to remind me where I said that Atheists don't try to persuade Theists.

btw Isaac Newton was an Arian, I don't think that there are many christians today that would accept Arianism as a part of christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:
The biggest shame committed by evolution is forgery, evolutionists forge evidences just to prove their theory(e.g Ernst haekel, who drew fake drawings in comparing the anatomy of vertebrates) but they were exposed by other scientists. Go to this link http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=hoaxes
The issue of hoaxes is an undisputable fact against evolution because how sure are we that we are not misled today.

At least there is shame.

Christianity has forged so much and is full of so many hoaxes from time immemorial and christians remain quite Shameless about it.

Would you say that the issue of hoaxes is an undisputable fact against christianity.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Niflheim(m): 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
@anunaki2,

The information that you posted about crocodiles is false!!! You do not even understand Evolution so I see no reason why you should be "attempting" to argue about it in the first place!!!.........................................http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2870411/Crocodiles-stuck-past-Genetic-study-shows-reptiles-closely-related-birds-evolution-unusually-slow.html
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

At least there is shame.

Christianity has forged so much and is full of so many hoaxes from time immemorial and christians remain quite Shameless about it.

Would you say that the issue of hoaxes is an undisputable fact against christianity.
There is no doubt there are inconsistencies in the bible e.g the 4 gospels. But the discrepancies are due to different eye witness accounts. You can't expect 2 eye witness of an accident to tell you the same story. One story will be longer than the other
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by raphieMontella: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

@the underlined...
Which creationist/biblical site has been feeding you with these lies?

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

You'll have to ask Richard Dawkins that.

What I do know is that many Religious people and institutions up until very recently have done a lot to make sure that human learning is curtailed. Maybe that is what Richard Dawkins is talking about, though I can't speak for him. In fact, I don't even like Richard Dawkins.

For example the advances in Stem Cell research was vigorously resisted by Christians. In fact I believe that that is where all this current Science versus Religion brouhaha that we are seeing today started.

We all know about the persecutions of Galileo Galilei by the Religious Authorities. That is one of the biggest examples in the history of the interaction between Religious attitudes and the advance of human learning.

Please don't forget to remind me where I said that Atheists don't try to persuade Theists.

btw Isaac Newton was an Arian, I don't think that there are many christians today that would accept Arianism as a part of christianity.

The Roman church persecuted people like galileo which I don't support. The issue about stem cells apart from being irreligious is unethical , such that not only Christians oppose it since it deals with human life. May be that's why Richard Dawkins is upset, I don't know.
As for Isaac Newton he is a unitarian(does not believe in trinity) and not an arian(introduced by arius)
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

There are atheist ideologies and theist ideologies and they almost all try to convert others

You acknowledge that theist are also bias (the bolded)
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

There is no doubt there are inconsistencies in the bible e.g the 4 gospels. But the discrepancies are due to different eye witness accounts. You can't expect 2 eye witness of an accident to tell you the same story. One story will be longer than the other

I'm not talking about inconsistencies. I'm talking about hoaxes.

For example 1John 5:7. 'And these three are one'

Or any of the other numerous additions and deletions in the bible.

These were hoaxes. Now following your logic that must mean that Christianity is fake. Or rather an 'indisputable fact against christianity'.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
The funniest thing about creationists attacking the theory of evolution is that their creation hypothesis cannot withstand any rational scrutiny. I welcome their skeptical attitude towards evolution and I hope they will apply that skeptical attitude to their creation hypothesis, too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

The Roman church persecuted people like galileo which I don't support. The issue about stem cells apart from being irreligious is unethical , such that not only Christians oppose it since it deals with human life. May be that's why Richard Dawkins is upset, I don't know.
As for Isaac Newton he is a unitarian(does not believe in trinity) and not an arian(introduced by arius)

Oh, I thought you were one of those christians that say that we get our ethics from religion.

So do you admit that people have ethics without being religious?

Anyway, a great deal of opposition in the time of George Bush jr was from the Christians and that had a big influence on why he blocked the research.

Did Isaac Newton tell you he was a unitarian? or did he write it anywhere? If the sole definition of unitarian is 'does not believe in trinity' then are Arians not unitarians too?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

You acknowledge that theist are also bias (the bolded)

I did not acknowledge anything of the sort in the bolded part.

But yes, I think that all humans are biased.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by wirinet(m): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

And which of the writers of the 4 gospels claimed to be eye witnesses?

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
The funniest thing about creationists attacking the theory of evolution is that their creation hypotheses cannot withstand any rational scrutiny. I welcome their skeptical attitude towards evolution and I hope they will extend that skeptical attitude to their creation hypothesis, too.

Not everyone who criticizes evolution theory is a creationist . Anyone - atheist, theist , deist , agnostic etc - can criticize that mendacious theory - its simply refusal to accept pure hokum grin . Theists who accept the theory do so with the belief that God's supernatural presence obviated the numerous difficulties that did arise during the progress of the transformation process .
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
wirinet:

And which of the writers of the 4 gospels claimed to be eye witnesses?
I didn't say the writers of the gospels are eyewitness, but eyewitness pass down this info wich was written about 3 decades later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

12 Reasons You Need To Give Your Life To Christ Today! / Horrorful Cries From Hell Fire / What Is That Temptation You Regularly Fall For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.