Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Problems with Evolutionary Theory - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems with Evolutionary Theory (12893 Views)

Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / Extraordinary Feat By Lizard Suggests The Species Is In Evolutionary Transition / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
PastorAIO:

I wonder what criteria they used to measure these minds. Was it done with a ruler? Or a thermometer?

And google has the answer, of course. Gugu has answers for everything.
It was measured by their contributions to science
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 1:40am On Nov 18, 2016
PastorAIO:

If you like let me be the 1 billionth person to question this, that does not in any way change the fact that there are many hoaxes in the bible.

So according to your logic the bible must be 'indisputably' false. Abi?

If you like hide behind 'lack of evidence'. Simple basic laws of logical rigor will tell you that if Jesus was born in 4AD and Herod died in 6BC then Herod could not have tried to kill Jesus. I don't know what other evidence you are looking for.
What am saying is that your assertions are or only inconclusive. You don't know why Luke wrote it that way
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Kalatium:

What am saying is that your assertions are or only inconclusive. You don't know why Luke wrote it that way

It is very conclusive o. Why Luke wrote it that way has no bearing on anything. If you like let Luke write it upside down the fact remains that Mutual exclusivity, the bedrock of logic, tells us that someone who died in 6bc cannot try to kill someone who was born in 4 ad. Therefore it is a hoax. And indeed there is not record of such an event recorded anywhere else in history.

However what is starkly clear to me now is that you are a bigot because you are not willing to apply the logic that you want to use to dismiss Evolution to evaluate christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
PastorAIO:

It is very conclusive o. Why Luke wrote it that way has no bearing on anything. If you like let Luke write it upside down the fact remains that Mutual exclusivity, the bedrock of logic, tells us that someone who died in 6bc cannot try to kill someone who was born in 4 ad. Therefore it is a hoax. And indeed there is not record of such an event recorded anywhere else in history.

However what is starkly clear to me now is that you are a bigot because you are not willing to apply the logic that you want to use to dismiss Evolution to evaluate christianity.
people
You got me wrong again, I am not dismissing evolution, I mean that some theories in evolution have problems and are inconclusive.
I don't remember dismissing all of evolution. Some things are true without doubt while some are mere speculation
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
PastorAIO:

Hoax is a bad word to use, I will prefer you to say inconsistency
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kalatium:

Hoax is a bad word to use, I will prefer you to say inconsistency

Please Why are the proofs of Evolution you referred to Hoaxes while the Biblical ones are not hoaxes?

What is the difference?

Why could Piltdown man not just be inconsistent with the truth?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kalatium:
people
You got me wrong again, I am not dismissing evolution, I mean that some theories in evolution have problems and are inconclusive.
I don't remember dismissing all of evolution. Some things are true without doubt while some are mere speculation

Kalatium:
The biggest shame committed by evolution is forgery, evolutionists forge evidences just to prove their theory(e.g Ernst haekel, who drew fake drawings in comparing the anatomy of vertebrates) but they were exposed by other scientists. Go to this link http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=hoaxes
The issue of hoaxes is an undisputable fact against evolution because how sure are we that we are not misled today.

Since we have now established that the bible was full of hoaxes (or inconsistencies) How can we be sure that christians are not misled today?

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Since we have now established that the bible was full of hoaxes (or inconsistencies) How can we be sure that christians are not misled today?

I get your point.
I think we have to open a new thread about this.
But as for now you are deviating from the topic. We are talking about evolution,ok
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

I get your point.
I think we have to open a new thread about this.
But as for now you are deviating from the topic. We are talking about evolution,ok

Okay. So will you now retract your statement that hoaxes in the study of Evolution does not amount to discrediting Evolution?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Please Why are the proofs of Evolution you referred to Hoaxes while the Biblical ones are not hoaxes?

What is the difference?

Why could Piltdown man not just be inconsistent with the truth?

A hoax is something with an intent to deceive. Piltdown man is a deception while biblical ones are contradictions, inconsistencies and anachronisms
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

A hoax is something with an intent to deceive. Piltdown man is a deception while biblical ones are contradictions, inconsistencies and anachronisms

So how is the Johannine comma an inconsistency? It was an obvious intent to deceive men, don't beat around the bush.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Okay. So will you now retract your statement that hoaxes in the study of Evolution does not amount to discrediting Evolution?
It's the only theory in the history of science with this kind of hoaxes
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

So how is the Johannine comma an inconsistency? It was an obvious intent to deceive men, don't beat around the bush.
Johannine Comma is not an inconsistency it is a scribal addition.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Can we concentrate on evolution
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

Johannine Comma is not an inconsistency it is a scribal addition.

Thank you. To wit, it is a hoax.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:
Can we concentrate on evolution

we haven't left evolution. I am with you all the way on evolution. I'm just trying to point out your double standards when you criticise evolution.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

we haven't left evolution. I am with you all the way on evolution. I'm just trying to point out your double standards when you criticise evolution .
And you have succeeded?
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
To one who has faith no explanation is necessary to one without faith no explanation is possible.
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Thank you. To wit, it is a hoax.
Whatever... Am even tired of arguing with you
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

But it did not succeed unlike piltdown man
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

But it did not succeed unlike piltdown man

If piltdown man succeeded then we wouldn't be here today calling it a hoax.

Johannine comma succeeded for centuries compared to piltdown man for a few years.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

Whatever... Am even tired of arguing with you

You wouldn't be tired if you had the decency a while back to just admit to your double standard.

I suppose that to expect an apology from you would just be asking too much. Way too much even.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

You wouldn't be tired if you had the decency a while back to just admit to your double standard.

I suppose that to expect an apology from you would just be asking too much. Way too much even.
Apology for what
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Johannine comma succeeded for centuries compared to piltdown man for a few years.
From evolution to Biblical discrepancies to Johannine Comma
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

Apology for what

Apology for resorting to bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by PastorAIO: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:

From evolution to Biblical discrepancies to Johannine Comma

Come on, you're not that daft. Surely your mind can encompass the range.

Or maybe it can't, and that's why you cannot see your bigotry where in one case you use the very same argument to dismiss Evolution yet fail to apply it in the case of your religious beliefs.

I cannot help you if your mental capacity is simply not vast enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by raphieMontella: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO,please pity for the boy na!
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
PastorAIO,please pity for the boy na!
Where were you since
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

Come on, you're not that daft. Surely your mind can encompass the range.

Or maybe it can't, and that's why you cannot see your bigotry where in one case you use the very same argument to dismiss Evolution yet fail to apply it in the case of your religious beliefs.

I cannot help you if your mental capacity is simply not vast enough.

I didn't dismiss evolution totally, I said some part of evolution are not consistent.
Yea...so part of the Bible are inconsistent.
But I didn't remember saying evolution to be discarded, so why will I discard religious beliefs
Am just trying to question evolution

1 Like

Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by Kalatium(m): 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

OK it does not amount to discrediting Evolution. Am only questioning it because we may be misled today
Re: Problems with Evolutionary Theory by raphieMontella: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kalatium:
Where were you since
been around...observing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RIP - Apostle G.d. Numbere ( Founder Greater Evangelism World Crusade)q / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets / God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.