Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ (34296 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2016
ikechu1:

Thank you for the empathy

My pleasure bro wink
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
Progressive01:
E be like body dey sweet you today.. cheesy
I'm sympathising with those clowns cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 9japride(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

Tonye is not an old man. Neither Are thousands of Ijaw youths I interacted with on those facebook pages.
Yet they are all rabidly Igbophobic.

The Ijaw nationalism is built around Adaka Boro. And since Boro died an Igbophobic man, his followers are inherently Igbophobic.

I found out that they all blame Ndiigbo for Boro death, holding unto the Nigerian story that Boro was killed by retreating Biafran soldiers and not by Gowon's men.

Despite having the hindsight of the circumstances surrounding the death of Saro Wiwa at the hands of Gowon's proteges, holding unto the angle of Boro being killed by Ndiigbo pleads more to their Igbophobic nature and fuels their nationalism better, than accepting the truth.

All the ills done to their land by Gowon and his proteges are all easily explained away,and deflected to the Igboman who is believed to be after their crude oil and hell bent on taking their non existing lands.

Just as it's impossible to separate a physical being from his spirit and still keep him alive in the physical plane, so it's impossible to separate Igbophobia from Ijaw nationalists, without causing their death.

It's an impasse that can't be overcome, which means that we can't have a viable alliance with those bitter beings. It's as simple as that.

[color=#000099][/color]

U r on point. U just gave a detailed explanation to that effect. It's unfortunate most of our brothers want to include them in our struggle. But they never remember us when things are rosy for them. I belive the hate started after d civil war. The Ijaw youths if they still swallow the lies from their parents concerning the Igbos, then their brains needs upgrading, igbos don't have any problem with them. Lastly it will be disasterous for any Igbo to join the avengers in theirs too, let them fight their war we fought ours years ago

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
[color=#000099][/color]

U r on point. U just gave a detailed explanation to that effect. It's unfortunate most of our brothers want to include them in our struggle. But they never remember us when things are rosy for them. I belive the hate started after d civil war. The Ijaw youths if they still swallow the lies from their parents concerning the Igbos, then their brains needs upgrading, igbos don't have any problem with them. Lastly it will be disasterous for any Igbo to join the avengers in theirs too, let them fight their war we fought ours years ago

Until IPOB/MASSOB totally disassociates themselves from any Ijaw group or agenda, they will no longer have my support, as much small as my support is, I can't waste it on clueless ventures.

We need a better intelligentsia. I see no intelligence in IPOB/MASSOB. None whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by bayelsaowei(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
Isn't this the man who squashed regionalism/true federalism/resource control...

angry

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
ikechu1:

The ijaws are predominately hateful people I noticed. Like I always said, for a group to literally physically fight every ethnic group they reside next to, then something must be wrong. The fact that Ikwerre asked for help to push them out of Rivers to bayelsa spoke volume to me but hey, I was not born then and luckily, my lands are not anywhere close to them so Idk their true behavior. I grew up hearing negative opinions about them but I'm not one to judge others. But if what you say is accurate and he is truly the representation of their behavior, then I'm truly not shocked. I guess everything I heard about them is in fact the truth. Such a shame. Now I find it extremely disgusting that Igbo parents allow their children to marry those people. Wtf is wrong with Igbo parents..like really?

Alot is wrong with the Igbo nation. We basically lack no "real" strategic leadership as it stands.

Infact, from now onwards, I'm withdrawing any support for Biafra. Anyother war right now will lead to our total annihilation, we have no leadership whatsoever. The 1967-70 lessons have not been learnt.

IPOB/ MASSOB will only bring us more death.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 9japride(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

Until IPOB/MASSOB totally disassociates themselves from any Ijaw group or agenda, they will no longer have my support, as much small as my support is, I can't waste it on clueless ventures.

We need a better intelligentsia. I see no intelligence in IPOB/MASSOB. None whatsoever.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's true, I remembered vividly some few months ago when the avengers were carring out their nefarious acts, some people started calling it Biafra men. And some were using Nnamdi kalu name to continue their pipe line bombings. Intelligence is the key. As for me I am not easily deceive my any1. Youths of these days don't know much about politics rather their minds are into music, money and girls

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

Alot is wrong with the Igbo nation. We basically lack no "real" strategic leadership as it stands.

Infact, from now onwards, I'm withdrawing any support for Biafra. Anyother war right now will lead to our total annihilation, we have no leadership whatsoever. The 1967-70 lessons have not been learnt.

IPOB/ MASSOB will only bring us more death.

First of all, I support biafra and I'll forever support biafra because I want NOTHING to do with Nigeria. I personally believe that shithole they call a country is the worst creation ever made and the biggest racist act by the british. If I can get rid of that shithole and no consequences such as jail, I'll do so in a heart beat. Any igbo that supports Nigeria, imo, is the dumbest igbo ice ever met. Read your history then explain to me, why the f2k you'll support such a country.

With that being said, I'm glad una are starting to wake up. Since the beginning, I'very always been against biafra with minorities excluding maybe ibibio. I always stated it should be an igbo, be it SE or SS, only country. If any igbo is against it, they should be giving the chance to migrate to whenever in Nigeria and stay there forever. A biafra with ijaws would be the worst thing on this planet. Why do you think I'm against they asses dragging aniomaland as part of their Niger Delta rubbish country. The ijaws are volatile that uses violence to get wtf they want, they are greedy and land graps even if it's miles away from them and they'll fight you over your property (case in point: the delta south palava) They are two faced and would use others as shield (case in point: abandoned property palava where they blamed Ikwerre). They are exactly like the North and I could never understand why IPOB and co have yet to see that sh1t. Hell they used IPOB and other ethnicities in SS to shield themselves during their NDA nonsense. And IPOB was so stupid, they didn't see that sh1t. Honestly, even though my cousin is a member of IPOB, I always tell him that that group, ever since NK was arrested is being run by a bunch of illiterates. Personally, I think they should change leadership like Massob did. M

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

Tonye is exactly how 99.9% of Ijaws are.

I always found it astonishing that no Ijaw here ever cautions him or try to counter him. I began sensing that he has their tacit support. Just that most of them will not put themselves on the frontline like he does. Most of them are cowards.

I took it upon me to know better. So I infiltrated all Ijaw facebook pages, to get a feel Of the people sentiments. And what I found shocked me. Barcanister is an angel. You just have to visit these Ijaws facebook pages. The Igbophobia there will startle the devil himself.

This is why I had since started to question IPOB and their methods. I doubt they have any form of grasp Of what they are doing, no intelligence gathering whatsoever, just noise, noise noise. How exactly can they explain the very idea of their delusions of sharing same ideology with these people? Something is wrong somewhere. The mainstream Ijaw is Igbophobic.

We have nothing in common with these people. These people hate us more than they hate the North/Yorubas, they don't actually hate the North/Yorubas, they just want to be treated better by them.

grin obsession, and your statements show how loving Igbos are
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
ikechu1:

First of all, I support biafra and I'll forever support biafra because I want NOTHING to do with Nigeria. I personally believe that shithole they call a country is the worst creation ever made and the biggest racist act by the british. If I can get rid of that shithole and no consequences such as jail, I'll do so in a heart beat. Any igbo that supports Nigeria, imo, is the dumbest igbo ice ever met. Read your history then explain to me, why the f2k you'll support such a country.

With that being said, I'm glad una are starting to wake up. Since the beginning, I'very always been against biafra with minorities excluding maybe ibibio. I always stated it should be an igbo, be it SE or SS, only country. If any igbo is against it, they should be giving the chance to migrate to whenever in Nigeria and stay there forever. A biafra with ijaws would be the worst thing on this planet. Why do you think I'm against they asses dragging aniomaland as part of their Niger Delta rubbish country. The ijaws are volatile that uses violence to get wtf they want, they are greedy and land graps even if it's miles away from them and they'll fight you over your property (case in point: the delta south palava) They are two faced and would use others as shield (case in point: abandoned property palava where they blamed Ikwerre). They are exactly like the North and I could never understand why IPOB and co have yet to see that sh1t. Hell they used IPOB and other ethnicities in SS to shield themselves during their NDA nonsense. And IPOB was so stupid, they didn't see that sh1t. Honestly, even though my cousin is a member of IPOB, I always tell him that that group, ever since NK was arrested is being run by a bunch of illiterates. Personally, I think they should change leadership like Massob did. M

When I say Biafra, I mean the defunct Eastern region. I will ever be in support of Igboland both East and West of the Niger, but no longer Biafra, Biafra is not feasible, and honestly, I forbid any plans to share a nation with bitter non Igbo speaking groups in SS.

IPOB is bereft of wisdom and pragmatism, they are borderline delusional as it stands, if they are not radically dismantled and reformed, they will bring us more bloodshed. They are by no means strategic, no secrecy, no grand plan, just emotions, Ndiigbo can do better.

I believe the organization to bring what we need must be a covert secret organization with no publicly known members. An intelligence gathering community that will galvanize our people and properly Marshall out a long term plan that will be followed judiciously over decades covertly.

I don't see that in MASSOB/IPOB

Until we evolve that level of organizational leadership, we need to drop every talk of secession because at this rate, 1967-70 will be child play to what will happen in Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by willprince: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
OK!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Rapmoney:
Just shut your mouth up!!! These days, your posts are becoming more senseless! Your people sold their rights to people like Gowon and others! You should be ashamed of your people. Stop involving others in your self-inflicted predicaments!!!

Isaac Adaka Boro died an unhappy man...he died painfully, like a coward!
How did Ojukwu die ?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by nell2: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Did we complain to you? Midwest (Delta + Edo) was carved out of Western region, EVERYONE has moved on. Some of you guys gotta move on. Our region, our problem... Abi?

Wail on.... grin
see this one feeling like a super man with all these your misplaced comments. comment on the topic, NO. he is here looking for who will start a fight with him. mmowu ana akwa aka.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

When I say Biafra, I mean the defunct Eastern region. I will ever be in support of Igboland both East and West of the Niger, but no longer Biafra, Biafra is not feasible, and honestly, I forbid any plans to share a nation with bitter non Igbo speaking groups in SS.

IPOB is bereft of wisdom and pragmatism, they are borderline delusional as it stands, if they are not radically dismantled and reformed, they will bring us more bloodshed. They are by no means strategic, no secrecy, no grand plan, just emotions, Ndiigbo can do better.

I believe the organization to bring what we need must be a covert secret organization with no publicly known members. An intelligence gathering community that will galvanize our people and properly Marshall out a long term plan that will be followed judiciously over decades covertly.

I don't see that in MASSOB/IPOB

Until we evolve that level of organizational leadership, we need to drop every talk of secession because at this rate, 1967-70 will be child play to what will happen in Igboland.

Exactly what I've been drumming since I joined this forum. I detest IPOB method and execution. Its completely old school, if they will modify their modus operandi, they will definitely win more convert, but I don't see that happening soon. No wonder the very little follower-ship in my State.
@Igboid, thank God you're seeing the light today on this very important matter.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Rapmoney(m): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

How did Ojukwu die ?
Another senseless question!!!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
It is now when it is getting to his night that he know he will apologize to the Niger Delta.
The Northern military officers of his time owe the Niger Deltans and Eastern Nigerians apologies.Those guys really dealt with us.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2016
victorvezx:

Stop crying more than the bereaved, struggle for ur Biafra alone and leave them with their oil. E no concern una
WHAT IS UR OWN BIZNESS WITH THEIR OIL,U NØ DE SHAME??
WHAT IS HARD FOR U TO BE ON UR OWN!?

I am niger deltan and we are Igbos.. And op,to hell with that gowon and his bloody apology.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
[s][/s]ikwere man from abia

I pity your ignorance, i repeat 2015 election told us actually the region that is backing us the south southerners.

So you can go ahead to deceive yourself, i was so happy that my people especially Pitakwa honored the sit at home IPOB declared for its leader.

So you can go and hug transformer.

Am proudly Pitakwa boy.

Am a confirm nwodiole.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
luminouz:

Who said anything about pity? U still sound like a prophet though!

You just comment without comprehending, you said pele oooo(its either you are making a jest or you are mocking yourself not me)so i have to tell you that either of them you should pity for yourself not me.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by luminouz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
macluvph1:

You just comment without comprehending, you said pele oooo(its either you are making a jest or you are mocking yourself not me)so i have to tell you that either of them you should pity for yourself not me.
No vex oga! I no won fight abeg! I never chop today!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by yjgm(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Justiceleague1:

whats this nonetity saying? "i only gowon" kwa! grin
mental
Help me and put the *know* between it. It was a typographical error. The word was omitted and all you could do was to type this poo. What's wrong with our educational system for crying out loud.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
yjgm:

Help me and put the *know* between it. It was a typographical error. The word was omitted and all you could do was to type this poo. What's wrong with our educational system for crying out loud.

i bet mallam arsse you would make such mistake in waec and tell them it was a 'typo' and they will award you 'A1' for it before you gonna know whats wrong with your almajiri educational system,savvy? grin

gowonic mental grin

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by DonXavi(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
h
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by yjgm(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Justiceleague1:

i bet mallam arsse you would make such mistake in waec and tell them it was a 'typo' and they will award you 'A1' for it before you gonna know whats wrong with your almajiri educational system,savvy? grin

gowonic mental grin
And you think you just made sense. What a poo!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
yjgm:
i wonder how u fail to realise that u are one big one already @40 grin Happy christmas grin
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
yjgm:
i wonder how u fail to realise that u are one big one already @40 grin Happy christmas grin
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
yjgm:
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
yjgm:
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Justiceleague1: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
yjgm:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Grand Betrayal! How Tokunbo Afikuyomi Ganged Up Against Bola Tinubu / Man Removes Flood Water From His Car In Lagos / Misau Mocks Presidency, APC: You Should Be Ashamed Of Indicting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.