Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37478 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
JhyMedex:

C'mon Bruv I knw u smarter Dan dis...
Dts nt bravery dts intellectual brevity

Nt really a movie aficionado... Bt equating the matrix movie to a grandiose decision such as Belief is at worse dumb n at best kinda silly..

..like, I'm not sure its poison so to test, I'll drink some!
Its called research, isn't it?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JhyMedex: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
shadeyinka:

..like, I'm not sure its poison so to test, I'll drink some!
Its called research, isn't it?

Bruv u nt sure it's poison bt u'll still take some...
Dts a 50:50 odds..

Research wit a new drug is nt tested directly on human subjects...
There r phases in clinical trials...
N d earliest phases focus on use of animal subjects to check for efficacy as well as toxicity of d proposed therapy..
If d toxicity far outweighs d efficacy such drugs are abandoned and d search for new n better alternatives continues ...

Ingesting or believing without doubt sth u av nt tested 4 safety or truthfulness is like I said INTELLECTUAL BREVITY..

Jst like new drugs, all beliefs shld b put to d test... The true ones will stand d test.. N emerge Triumphant..
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
JhyMedex:

Bruv u nt sure it's poison bt u'll still take some...
Dts a 50:50 odds..

Research wit a new drug is nt tested directly on human subjects...
There r phases in clinical trials...
N d earliest phases focus on use of animal subjects to check for efficacy as well as toxicity of d proposed therapy..
If d toxicity far outweighs d efficacy such drugs are abandoned and d search for new n better alternatives continues ...

Ingesting or believing without doubt sth u av nt tested 4 safety or truthfulness is like I said INTELLECTUAL BREVITY..

Jst like new drugs, all beliefs shld b put to d test... The true ones will stand d test.. N emerge Triumphant..

I hear you Bro!LMEO
I know you have been in Love before, so:

Let me ask you just two questions.
1. Is LOVE real?
2. Demonstrate how to intellectually prove Love?

Thanks for I wait for your reply
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JhyMedex: 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

I hear you Bro!LMEO
I know you have been in Love before, so:

Let me ask you just two questions.
1. Is LOVE real?
2. Demonstrate how to intellectually prove Love?

Thanks for I wait for your reply

Of course I believe in d emotion called Love..

And it indeed has an intellectual basis n proof..
In fact it has bn an area of wide n intensive research....
Well LOVE as we knw it is jst a cocktail of a hormones n chemicals (adrenaline, oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine, vasopressin)... All feel-good chemicals...
Brain studies carried out using sophisticated MRIs and oda techniques have shown both structural as well as biochemical peculiarities in Cortex of pple in luv...

Luv is CHEMICALS my Friend
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
JhyMedex:

Of course I believe in d emotion called Love..

How can you believe in something that can not be quantified. Why is it that love, even though real cannot be proved. Love cannot be seen YET it is trusted. You believe that your Girlfriend loves you even though you have no physical evidence.

The feeling of love is subjective: this doesn't make it unreal. Not everything in life can be measured objectively. Examples are Love and God.

The Bible says that God is LOVE! If you can believe in LOVE, then it makes sense to believe in GOD.

JhyMedex:

And it indeed has an intellectual basis n proof..
In fact it has bn an area of wide n intensive research....
Well LOVE as we knw it is jst a cocktail of a hormones n chemicals (adrenaline, oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine, vasopressin)... All feel-good chemicals...
Brain studies carried out using sophisticated MRIs and oda techniques have shown both structural as well as biochemical peculiarities in Cortex of pple in luv...

Luv is CHEMICALS my Friend

The above is false! Let me give you a simple proof.
Let's assume we obtain ALL your so-called chemicals in the right proportion and inject it into a human being:

1. Will the human being fall in love indiscriminately with any person in sight? If not, then it is not the chemicals at work.

Note that, opiates may give a high, but not love!

2. If chemicals are responsible for Love, then chemicals are also responsible for hate, and fear and other emotions?

The point is that emotions are NOT caused by chemicals rather, chemicals are released as a result of emotional reactions. Eg Fear released adrenaline from my elementary knowledge of biology.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
MrMystrO:

The story of adam and eve is such an obvious myth

I got my own doubts but i'm guessing we could reason things out...lets consider how long Adam lived 930yrs. In the bible women are mostly not mentioned for reasons best known to them(no gender equality lol).
Adam and Eve were created as adults as portrayed. so there was no puberty and all, they could procreate from that moment. giving them a space of having at least one child or even twins, triplets, quadruplets, every two years. considering how long they lived and also the fact that before the flood they could give birth in their hundreds, it means eve could give birth at least 700 times, forgetting the twins and triplets and all before eve is upto 300 years, she could have procreated enough for cain and the rest. at least the arguement is valid since it wasnt stated how old they were when some events happened.

oh common what shit i cant even give that myth a chance.... sad sad cry
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by P0intBlank(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
Akdegreat:

Yes! It was drummed in my mind as early as I could remember. I was also convinced all the time.

However, I took my conscious and self determined step of salvation in September 2007. I joined the baptismal class, got baptized and undertook 'workers-in-training' a training course for intending workers in RCCG. I met and worked under several Pastors

Hi bro, I've gone through some of your posts. I think there might have been a missing piece in your Christian experience. This piece is the life of Christianity. It's what makes Jesus real - more real to us than those who saw him with their physical eyes. He's the Holy Spirit. Like Paul asked those Christians in Ephesus, I ask, "have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed."
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
P0intBlank:

Hi bro, I've gone through some of your posts. I think there might have been a missing piece in your Christian experience. This piece is the life of Christianity. It's what makes Jesus real - more real to us than those who saw him with their physical eyes. He's the Holy Spirit. Like Paul asked those Christians in Antioch, I ask, "have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed."

Seems you're implying that I probably didn't receive the holy spirit?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by P0intBlank(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

Seems you're implying that I probably didn't receive the holy spirit?

I don't know that's why I asked. Did you?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by P0intBlank(m): 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
P0intBlank:

I don't know that's why I asked. Did you?

My brother, sometimes I lack the words to explain it all.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by P0intBlank(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

My brother, sometimes I lack the words to explain it all.

I don't get. I was expecting a yes or no.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Afrokan(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Mental slavery can defined as a state of mind where one becomes trapped by misinformation about self and the world ;and when someone is shrouded by darkness , he is lost and is vulnerable to almost anything - that's what atheism can do to you .

You lack moral compass , you have no reason to love , to have compassion , to achieve , you lack any sense of purpose and motivation because you believe there is no purpose for life , no good or evil - its a sad empty life for an atheist .

According to Atheist's high priest , Richard Dawkins :

"The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”

From the Actions Of God and his friends in the Bible and the Quran, An atheist as a better sense of morality than ur God's.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / Taiwo Odukoya's Twin Sister, Kehinde Dies Weeks After His Wife's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.