Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37477 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
@ bolded God is the master of rape go and ask Mary,the mother of a bastard

i really don't see u guys problem with the virgin birth... Christianity isn't the first religion its happening... so i have no reason to disbelieve it..
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
felixomor1:

"God is the beginning" does not imply "God must have a beginning"

cool
Are you kidding me ? U said somtin is the beginning and u stil saying he doesn't hav to hav a beginning... Read wat u wrote up there again and again and see if it makes any sense @all
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by jonbellion(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Pidggin:

You reason like a man devoid of spiritual insight. Humble yourself and learn before trying to engage in arguments on subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

Let me help you out a bit. If you study the scriptures you will find out that by the power of the Spirit of God Himself we can do all that He expects of us, yes even you can look at a lady without lusting after her if you have His Spirit. When the Spirit directs your life then you don't need to worry about sin or laws, it will be a normal thing for you.

Jesus had to start somewhere, God chose Isreal so who are we to question Him? When Peter denied Jesus three times, he asked for forgiveness and repented when Judah betrayed Jesus even though he became remorseful, he took his own life without anyone reprimanding him, who do you blame for his choice? Jesus or himself?

You need understanding
hmmm are you sure doesn't the scriptures say you if you have faith as tiny as a mustard seed you would be able to move mountains and cast them into the sea? Plus you can even drink poison and nothing would happen. The children that have died due to their parents relying on faith healing than taking children to the hospital, didn't their parents have faith that their children would be completely healed. Yet they died and some if them are charged for manslaughter. Where they not "spiritual" enough. I was a christian once. I had faith as much as you did. But along the way it just stopped making sense. Since you're so spiritual I'm curious have you seen Jesus before? Not the western version of him portrayed by the church and the media. Jesus is a Jew not Caucasian. Children that also have imaginary friends also believe that they are real. Outgrow your imaginary friend. There may be a God or not we do not know yet. The real creator of the universe would not favour one tribe after the other and help that tribe to take other peoples lands as was portrayed in the old testament The bible prophesied that Isreal will always be at peace with it's neighbours. This is not true and you can observe it in the world today. The bible also prophesied that Egypt would be a barren wasteland that would be uninhabited for 40 years. Never in Egypt's history has it been uninhabited for 40 years. The bible is a noble attempt at understanding the world at the bronze age. I appreciate it but not in the way of a moral guide. After all didn't the psalmist say blessed is the man who dashes his child against the rocks Detronoumy said if two men are fighting and a woman should try to break the fight and by mistake touch one if their genitals her hand should be cut off. The bible tells slaves to obey their earthly masters. Now we know slavery is wrong. The bible says it is a disgrace for a woman to speak in the church. Yet this is not practised.
All the animals weren't in one garden, a woman wasn't formed from a mans rib and snakes don't talk. This is the Jewish creation myth. Iono if a God exists or not but the Abrahamic Gods attributes are a total insult to the idea of a deity

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Alhajipablo(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
otemanuduno:
dont muddle things up... no god have the power to create earth, only the ALMIGHTY GOD can do that. All the gods you have ever heard of were formally beings made by the Almighty God to do findings of the unlimited universe he created, but majority of these beings(now deified as gods) decided to put themselves in the place of the ALMIGHTY GOD. Some of those beings who put themselves in the place of the Almighty God are Vishnu, Yahweh(Satan), Odin, Lar-gas(Allah), Gaol, etc. However, the scribes help put some gods in the place of Almighty God, e.g Atum(my god), Olorun(god of odualand), Chuku, etc. But Atum didn't join the evil gods such as Yahweh to lie to the world that he is the creator of it. Instead, he is revealing to us the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, where the true GOD is being revealed from the time when he made the universe through a Big Bang. Atum is the god of civilization. You can make your research about that.

GOD ALMIGHTY IS NOT MY god, ATUM IS MY god, same way Yahweh could be your own god.
GOD ALMIGHTY IS OUR GOD; God OF ALL. WE CAN'T PERSONALISE HIM. HE IS US, BECAUSE HE LIVES IN US ALL, ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS, CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, BRAINITES, etc.

THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION WITH THE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE CREATOR OF YAHWEH(your god), Atum(my god) and Lar-gas(Allah their god). cool
what is larga?this is d first time I'm seeing you attribute it to any God
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by dorox(m): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
Your proof @bolded... Remember your book state it that god is d beginning and the end, so how com he has no beginning again ? Are you even reading your book ?
The beginning and the end of what? Or are you saying that God will end someday according to your understanding of that bible quote?
Since the bible has always maintained that God is immortal, in what way do you think he is the end?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by raphieMontella: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
chrisooblog:
but you are also just as guilty because you assume your atheism is the logical way to go

seems you didnt pay attention to the initial quote..
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by otemanuduno: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Alhajipablo:
what is larga?this is d first time I'm seeing you attribute it to any God
Everything is in the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH here: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by oglalasioux(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Raydos:
i want to ask three questions!

(1) how often do you fast?

(2) do you pray at least 10times a day?

(3) do you distance yourself from sin?

you don't do all these things and you expect GOD to show itself to you! - scientists have tried their best to find where GOD is really is but all to no avail so they conclude that there's no GOD!

just because people Don't see GOD Face to face so they have a mere intuition that GOD Doesn't exist - but funny enough you people have never seen devil in person yet you believe he exist, every bad thing that happen to you, you believe its always the handiwork of devil.

try to do all those 3 aforementioned list up there, and i asure you that GOD will see you in spirit and he will make you understand everything.

i am a living testimony

Has God shown himself to you? Share what he looks like with us.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
dorox:

The beginning and the end of what? Or are you saying that God will end someday according to your understanding of that bible quote?
Since the bible has always maintained that God is immortal, in what way do you think he is the end?
because your god(yahweh) is a god created by Almighty God. The reason he's called d beginning and d end in your book is because he's among the 1st homos(gods) that was created by almighty god and that is his beginning and he's gonna av an end because yahweh is not d real God
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by chrisooblog: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
correct me if i'm wrong his statement is a criticism of all religions. that each one assumes his way is right ignoring the thousands of other beliefs which he feels is arrogant right? so i am just using the same argument about atheists that is it not also arrogant to assume your belief about the nonexistence of God is right.

raphieMontella:

seems you didnt pay attention to the initial quote..
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by raphieMontella: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
chrisooblog:
correct me if i'm wrong his statement is a criticism of all religions. that each one assumes his way is right ignoring the thousands of other beliefs which he feels is arrogant right? so i am just using the same argument about atheists that is it not also arrogant to assume your belief about the nonexistence of God is right.

ogbenni...you are wrong...
Why?-----the comment he quoted claimed that atheists during the end of their lifes ''ponder if the supernatural does exist''...so he only used the same line of thought
----since there are many religions.
Clear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Weah96: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
faorex:
I thought i am the only one this is happeninig to.i might have to quit nairaland because of it's making me an atheist small small.but something in me keeps telling me that Allah still exist.and i dont want to be lost finally .Robisidin Illimi..Allahu Allam.

Which Allah? The one from the Quran is an obvious fabrication that should be apparent to an ADULT like yourself by NOW.
A potential creator of YOUR mind would speak to YOU and not Mohammed. By you accepting the foolish teachings of Mohammed, you have already insulted the intelligence of YOUR POTENTIAL CREATOR.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
Are you kidding me ? U said somtin is the beginning and u stil saying he doesn't hav to hav a beginning... Read wat u wrote up there again and again and see if it makes any sense @all

Even a kid can make sense of it.

The first sentence talks about the universe.

The second sentence talks about God Himself.

I guess ur grammar comprehension has not reached this level.

Sorry
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
felixomor1:

Even a kid can make sense of it.

The first sentence talks about the universe.

The second sentence talks about God Himself.

I guess ur grammar comprehension has not reached this level.

Sorry
"god is the beginning does not implies god has a beginning", that's wat u wrote earlier. so tell me how universe comes out of this statement or how wat u wrote up there clearly explain it... hav u seen u'r d 1 dat is clueless about what u're saying
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

Yes I agree with you. But I was an 'active' Christian. I was captain in our children department then. I participated and represented RCCG East 1 province in children's bible quiz severally, even at National convention in the camp. I was an active chorister. I used to sweep and clean the church premises every Saturday with my parents and siblings. Anyone who knows me can attest.

All these don't mean you were a Christian, don't mean U practiced what u preached,
so far i can't even see prayer on it..

**Ok
1)I dunno how I'm going to go about it without hurting ur pre-programmed beliefs about religion but I'll try not to,

Firstly True Christians do not follow church nor their pastors...
The search for God can take you beyond ur church or religion, it's finding what works for you n gives u peace, Tim Cook that Apple guy was a Zen Buddhist, he found God in the way that seemed right to him,
Some find God in other religions
True Christians don't condemn but show love and are content in finding God through Christ

Firstly search for a denomination that finely divides the word of God without fear of reproach, seek the Holy Spirit to help u identify truth, "God's word" from Man's Imagination, so that u follow Jesus n not man, Ur a Christian n not a label, preach love, do good, be good, be responsible, pray n believe n see Jesus take over..

2)In the Old Testament, we were compelled to do things for God to be blessed but God is a god of Love n Sacrifice, he sacrificed his son Jesus to give us grace and redeem lost man, so now grace is Freewill not to sin but to know right from wrong,
We are not compelled to pay tithes we are not Jews, but we can give to support the ministry as a level of sacrifice, and we can give time as well, we do not give expecting like "The law of Tithing" we give because we love as Jesus loved n want to bring the music to the ears of others to soothe their hearts, Anyone who threatens you to pay n give n give to open the windows of heaven is operating under the law, not under Grace,
Grace began when the veil of the temple was split, we have Jesus now in us not in places of worship etc, the death of Jesus n the spilling of his blood opened all access to the Windows of heaven, We only need to ask n Believe n live in Christ

3) I do not believe i am mere Organic entity evolved over eons, but whatever external force that caused the big bang or brought other is worthy of being the force of creation, i know the atoms n electrons are tools used to contain our spirits n provide haven for our mortal bodies,
The order of the world is Entropy n Chaos, but God's hand shaped our bodies n our world, he is the forces that pushes n puts all things in motion, there will always be regression into entropy but it is the natural order of things, but how does it seem that in all the billions of galaxies n trillions of planets m stars, only the Milky way, it's star, Earth, her moon just support life best in this way,
Yes there will always be earthquakes, disease, Tsunamis but we lost perfect earth after the fall of man n Earth was plunged into Semi-entropy,
We will toil for what we want and the only things God will work with are the seeds in our hands, the unrighteous n godless will still prosper cos we're all on Earth n the principles of toiling n reaping still applies n God causes the rain to fall on the wicked n the Just..
I learnt a lot about biology n geology from the Awake n i still love n read that magazine,
God blessed many with you guys, many still found peace with u guys,

4)The concept of Prayer n Altars
Know what works for you n believe
I believe that when i pray i commit those natural laws of entropy into God's hands to maintain order, In a plane crash, bus accident, mass failure, I n d people around me are covered n sheltered because God took control,
Then continuous prayer breeds power, the concept of Altar, when u pray at a certain point n believe it is ur seat of answer whatever u pray is quickened etc,
When the King of Moab sacrificed his heir on the altar of Baal, the Chaos unleashed by the devil drove Israel God's chosen people away,
What should b on ur Altar, ?...Faith, sacrifice n time spent for God
Power against death, sickness n disappointments are the promises the blood of Jesus speak against.

5)Finally Bro, i know Jesus, he is the Word n Son of God, he gave us the presence of the Holy Spirit to do better things, that will improve our lives, all the Fathers of Physics were Christians n today the world is evolving because of them n d faith they had,
I've read a lot into Science n found everything to purposeful to deny or rebel against the presence of A God,
The Almighty God is the God of all, so he's Allah, Krishna, etc but Christians follow the teachings n ways of his Son who we believe is exalted far above the revelations of his name..
He won't come down, but he can walk the Earth in us, Christ in me the hope of Glory..

It's too easy to see Science's breakthrough n just give up on God,
Tough is holding on to Faith in the midst of all these, n still believing

It's safe to say by this point in ur life that if u don't believe in God, it's Alright He believes in you, just open up, look around n be thankful,
Either way Bro Agnosticism elicits the belief in a God but no proof or zeal to seek him out n, the belief that we can't really know him or understand him enough but I'm sure if u look closely you'll see him,

I don't mean to impose, just sharing my experience...
Either way i hope u find the peace u seek

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
"god is the beginning does not implies god has a beginning", that's wat u wrote earlier. so tell me how universe comes out of this statement or how wat u wrote up there clearly explain it... hav u seen u'r d 1 dat is clueless about what u're saying

From ur insistence on that statement, I can already deduce ur level of academia, sorry to say.

Statement 1: "God is the beginning"
A reasonable person would have asked

"Beginning of what?"
And the answer is simple.
Beginning of the universe.
Universe is time, space and matter.
Moreover "beginning',"end" etc are all calibrations of time.

Statement 2: "God has a beginning'
This one the subject being discussed is God.
It is a fallacy.
Why because "beginning" is a calibration of time and time was created by God.
U cant use what is created by me to calibrate me because i already was, before that thing came to be.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by dorox(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
because your god(yahweh) is a god created by Almighty God. The reason he's called d beginning and d end in your book is because he's among the 1st homos(gods) that was created by almighty god and that is his beginning and he's gonna av an end because yahweh is not d real God

So, going by your initial contention, how did this almighty God come about?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
dorox:

So, going by your initial contention, how did this almighty God come about?
am gonna refer u to "DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH" and am sure u wil find everything u need to know there
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
felixomor1:

From ur insistence on that statement, I can already deduce ur level of academia, sorry to say.

"Beginning of what?"

It is a fallacy.
U cant use what is created by me to calibrate me because i already was, before that thing came to be.
I would have love to continue with you but when it comes to insult i tink u'r out of line. U did it first time and i ignore it but doing it again shows u'r immatured cos u would have stil mak ur point without insult. It shows how arrogant your religion is... shalom
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
I would have love to continue with you but when it comes to insult i tink u'r out of line. U did it first time and i ignore it but doing it again shows u'r immatured cos u would have stil mak ur point without insult. It shows how arrogant your religion is... shalom

I'm Sorry if u felt insulted.

My only plea is that u spend a little more time on people's explanations in the future before poking further.
Honestly, it will save u much.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Barney11: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
THERE IS GOD!
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
Barney11:
THERE IS GOD!
Which of the God,you mean the rapist
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
felixomor1:

God needs no creator.
Beginning, end, creation, destruction are all calibrations of time, space and matter.
God created time, so He exists out of it.
He is timeless. He is eternal

Wisdom untouched!

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
MrMystrO:

Wisdom untouched!
Of all the Christian to tag wisdom untouched is the guy that claims the earth is circular and God is sitting on it
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
kolaish:
Be factual, who was the first man and woman? Adam and Eve or do you have a contrary answer. So, since then and now all the stories of adam, eve, abraham, isaac, jacob, king david, moses, jeremiah, job, isaiah and others are mere fabrication according to you. IF I MAY ASK, WHY WILL ALL THESE PEOPLE FABRICATE STORIES? SOME OF THEM ARE RICH ENOUGH TO DISOBEY ANYBODY'S INSTRUCTION. PLEASE WAKE UP TO THE REALITIES OF THE WORLD.

WITH DUE RESPECT.

The story of adam and eve is such an obvious myth that i still wonder why and how many Christians probably under the fear of, loosing faith or questioning their faith, still stick to such an ancient and flawed fable which is so obvious it was coined, imagined and written by a human mind which had just recently come out of the stone age, Trying his best to express his thoughts on how he viewed and understood the world around him at that time, which was obviously a good attempt at that time, but i still dont see how humans can still believe in such myths simply because the world was cleansed by the church during the dark ages and eliminated any forms of doubts from our ancestors who thought ur great grand fathers who thought your fathers who eventually thought you and you had no choice than to believe, Thereby suppressing the very same attribute which makes us divine, which is our infinite consciousnesses eternal quest of finding the truth, which is the real reason humans ask questions in the first place. Its very simple, concerning the story of adam and eve we both know there are some questions that can never be answered by anyone at all because of its very flawed nature.
1. if adam and eve were the first humans on earth, the bible recorded them having only two children which are two sons, cain and abel, and if you can dig really deep and read the complete story of adam and eve that was not included in the bible called The lost books of Eden, you'll find a third son also known as seth. Now, the first logical question is, if they eventually had just 3 sons, how were they able to populate the world to this point, and which the logical explanation would be that they slept with their mum which i found very unlikely.

2. After cain killed abel and had his encounter with God over the issue,(i dont wanna ponder too much on it), God cursed cain and said a fugitive and a vagabond shall he be on the earth and cain, knowing the extent of his punishment became afraid and said to God that he was now hidden from his presence, which means that anyone who found him will kill him, B4 God placed a mark on him so no one who found him will kill him, Abeg who were the people who were supposed to find cain on earth and kill him because as long as im concerned wat d bible has already made clear was that there was only five people who were supposed to be on earth by that time which was Adam, eve, cain, seth and abel who was already dead, so who were the people God was actually protecting cain from being murdered by?

3. And this is even the most annoying and obviously most revealing one because the bible the says after cain left the lords presence, He eventually went to dwell in the Land of Nod, found his wife there and then made love to her. Abeg, even if you dont have an active brain or an inquisitive mind, Your common sense should be enough to tell you that a man, Thousands of years ago, sat down to imagine and ponder the origin of his existence, And since he was very primitive in thinking and very limited in knowledge, He formed a story based on the realities surrounding him at that particular time in history, And since people also needed answers to the questions they had too, which is an ever present quality of the human soul, The story sounded really sane and realistic at that time, And since there wasn't much stories or more meaningful concepts of the beginning available to them At that time, the primitive people of old easily believed in the story and rigorously stuck to that belief, and then kept passing the stories and beliefs down from one generation to another for thousands of years until those beliefs eventually became generally accepted truth. But Lies can never become the truth because no matter how long it may take for a lie to persist and linger on, Truth will always prevail because it is a self revealing force, And doesnt change but always remains what it is, Truth, Which is also an Essential quality of the ever conscious source/counciousness behind all of creation Because the universe itself, is a Grand manifestation of truth, Brought into existence by the power of love, Which is the greatest force of the creator.

So If you can open mindedly, without any bias thoughts or religious sentiment explain these very evident flaws in the biblical story of the history of human civilization, Then i would have every reason to believe that you are not just one of those sheeps who just wants to stay in line with the heard for fear of being seeing as a deserter or outcast, But a Sound mind whose belief is not based on the fact that most people belief in it so it has to be true, But has his belief deeply rooted in your subconscious where true The real truth can be found and not even an atom of doubt can be found.

Waiting for your answer: This might prally be the best chance for u to convert a nairander to your beliefs, so im really hoping to Hear something Logically sound and a deeply sincere form of truth from you. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Of all the Christian to tag wisdom untouched is the guy that claims the earth is circular and God is sitting on it

I am not a christian, my friend. You can check my posts on here, my views about religion is very clear. But i do Believe there is an Ultimate Entity, A causeless cause, A universal, multidimensional consciousness, Which is the source of all existence and all levels of Realities. We are all the same infinite universal mind, just experiencing its Great endless thoughts through different forms of existence and dimensions. Nothing is really separate, everything is one and one is everything. Division and individuality are just mere tricks of our space and time reality of this physical universe. Every form of life is the same universal consciousness experiencing reality in a whole other perspective and that is the joy of existence itself. But just know and always know that there is a source, an eternal infinite conciousness, and its just too easy finding it you know why? Because all you have to do is dig really deep into the depths of your own consciousness and you will discover that YOU ARE THAT CONSCIOUSNESS, We all are!!! Individuality/separation is the biggest trick in the whole of reality itself. We all all tiny fractions of that universal ever conscious mind which made everything come into being, And the totality of all there is, and all there will ever be, Is The ONE Great Universal multidimensional consciousness Which we humans call God.
Understand things first in the best way you can first before you express your opinion or comments on them okay bruh, Its all love though, i'm sure your still a smart person anyway, Thanks for your quote.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
Your are in an illusion of deception but you don't even know it. Your New Age beliefs check the roots, the history and see if you can practice the pure form. There is a deity behind what you think is leading you to God.
MrMystrO:

I am not a christian, my friend. You can check my posts on here, my views about religion is very clear. But i do Believe there is an Ultimate Entity, A causeless cause, A universal, multidimensional consciousness, Which is the source of all existence and all levels of Realities. We are all the same infinite universal mind, just experiencing its Great endless thoughts through different forms of existence and dimensions. Nothing is really separate, everything is one and one is everything. Division and individuality are just mere tricks of our space and time reality of this physical universe. Every form of life is the same universal consciousness experiencing reality in a whole other perspective and that is the joy of existence itself. But just know and always know that there is a source, an eternal infinite conciousness, and its just too easy finding it you know why? Because all you have to do is dig really deep into the depths of your own consciousness and you will discover that YOU ARE THAT CONSCIOUSNESS, We all are!!! Individuality/separation is the biggest trick in the whole of reality itself. We all all tiny fractions of that universal ever conscious mind which made everything come into being, And the totality of all there is, and all there will ever be, Is The ONE Great Universal multidimensional consciousness Which we humans call God.
Understand things first in the best way you can first before you express your opinion or comments on them okay bruh, Its all love though, i'm sure your still a smart person anyway, Thanks for your quote.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Weah96: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Your are in an illusion of deception but you don't even know it. Your New Age beliefs check the roots, the history and see if you can practice the pure form. There is a deity behind what you think is leading you to God.

Which deity would that be? Lemme guess? Satan.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChykePryor:

All these don't mean you were a Christian, don't mean U practiced what u preached,
so far i can't even see prayer on it..

**Ok
1)I dunno how I'm going to go about it without hurting ur pre-programmed beliefs about religion but I'll try not to,

Firstly True Christians do not follow church nor their pastors...
The search for God can take you beyond ur church or religion, it's finding what works for you n gives u peace, Tim Cook that Apple guy was a Zen Buddhist, he found God in the way that seemed right to him,
Some find God in other religions
True Christians don't condemn but show love and are content in finding God through Christ

Firstly search for a denomination that finely divides the word of God without fear of reproach, seek the Holy Spirit to help u identify truth, "God's word" from Man's Imagination, so that u follow Jesus n not man, Ur a Christian n not a label, preach love, do good, be good, be responsible, pray n believe n see Jesus take over..

2)In the Old Testament, we were compelled to do things for God to be blessed but God is a god of Love n Sacrifice, he sacrificed his son Jesus to give us grace and redeem lost man, so now grace is Freewill not to sin but to know right from wrong,
We are not compelled to pay tithes we are not Jews, but we can give to support the ministry as a level of sacrifice, and we can give time as well, we do not give expecting like "The law of Tithing" we give because we love as Jesus loved n want to bring the music to the ears of others to soothe their hearts, Anyone who threatens you to pay n give n give to open the windows of heaven is operating under the law, not under Grace,
Grace began when the veil of the temple was split, we have Jesus now in us not in places of worship etc, the death of Jesus n the spilling of his blood opened all access to the Windows of heaven, We only need to ask n Believe n live in Christ

3) I do not believe i am mere Organic entity evolved over eons, but whatever external force that caused the big bang or brought other is worthy of being the force of creation, i know the atoms n electrons are tools used to contain our spirits n provide haven for our mortal bodies,
The order of the world is Entropy n Chaos, but God's hand shaped our bodies n our world, he is the forces that pushes n puts all things in motion, there will always be regression into entropy but it is the natural order of things, but how does it seem that in all the billions of galaxies n trillions of planets m stars, only the Milky way, it's star, Earth, her moon just support life best in this way,
Yes there will always be earthquakes, disease, Tsunamis but we lost perfect earth after the fall of man n Earth was plunged into Semi-entropy,
We will toil for what we want and the only things God will work with are the seeds in our hands, the unrighteous n godless will still prosper cos we're all on Earth n the principles of toiling n reaping still applies n God causes the rain to fall on the wicked n the Just..
I learnt a lot about biology n geology from the Awake n i still love n read that magazine,
God blessed many with you guys, many still found peace with u guys,

4)The concept of Prayer n Altars
Know what works for you n believe
I believe that when i pray i commit those natural laws of entropy into God's hands to maintain order, In a plane crash, bus accident, mass failure, I n d people around me are covered n sheltered because God took control,
Then continuous prayer breeds power, the concept of Altar, when u pray at a certain point n believe it is ur seat of answer whatever u pray is quickened etc,
When the King of Moab sacrificed his heir on the altar of Baal, the Chaos unleashed by the devil drove Israel God's chosen people away,
What should b on ur Altar, ?...Faith, sacrifice n time spent for God
Power against death, sickness n disappointments are the promises the blood of Jesus speak against.

5)Finally Bro, i know Jesus, he is the Word n Son of God, he gave us the presence of the Holy Spirit to do better things, that will improve our lives, all the Fathers of Physics were Christians n today the world is evolving because of them n d faith they had,
I've read a lot into Science n found everything to purposeful to deny or rebel against the presence of A God,
The Almighty God is the God of all, so he's Allah, Krishna, etc but Christians follow the teachings n ways of his Son who we believe is exalted far above the revelations of his name..
He won't come down, but he can walk the Earth in us, Christ in me the hope of Glory..

It's too easy to see Science's breakthrough n just give up on God,
Tough is holding on to Faith in the midst of all these, n still believing

It's safe to say by this point in ur life that if u don't believe in God, it's Alright He believes in you, just open up, look around n be thankful,
Either way Bro Agnosticism elicits the belief in a God but no proof or zeal to seek him out n, the belief that we can't really know him or understand him enough but I'm sure if u look closely you'll see him,

I don't mean to impose, just sharing my experience...
Either way i hope u find the peace u seek

Did you react to my original post before jumping on a side comment I made? If not, I'd like you to . That's if you have something to say on that.

By the way, I find the first statements of your post quite disheartening. I briefly mentioned a couple of things I did as a kid with zeal and love for God before I became born again, and you think that's the best criteria for determining if I was ever a Christian? You already discouraged me from reading your post.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
felixomor1:

"Beginning of what?"

It is a fallacy.

I love this one. Its always a thing of great joy to hear people who are So enlightened and so close to the truth, I'm really impressed by your comments bro, And although we know we cannot comprehend the existence of this infinitely ever conscious being through the logic of the confines of our limited comprehension of our physical universe of space and time understanding of reality, Knowing that we cannot comprehend its existence is one of the most fundamental truths right now. Nice one Bro

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
MrMystrO:

Make a stand once and for all (by the way the Christian God is far from having character of a God but more of a sadist )

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Yes, i Agree with you that there is a deity leading me and directing me to the presence of the EVER PRESENT creator, And you know what that deity is?? TRUTH!!! Because Truth is a Fundamental multidimensional Force, and one of the Essential Building Blocks, After love, for the creation of all existence. Truth is extremely powerful and multidimensional because it re-asserts and Reveals itself in all levels of reality. No matter How Long lies prevail, it doesn't matter if its been thousands or millions of years, Truth will always prevail and reveal itself because it is Fundamental.

Its extremely natural to hold on to old beliefs, and chastise anything new that seems to be contrary with what people already believe, That is why even the so called saviors of our time were matryed and killed because they were bold enough to contradict the old beliefs and publicly made their new found truths heard. So you can call me delusional or say that i am in a state of illusion, that is perfectly normal, i feel no bad feelings or think no bad thoughts about comments like that because i believe its extremely natural for one who has placed his beliefs on a particular belief system for the whole of his life will definitely have a hard time to even make an attempt to try and understand or investigate the true foundations of his beliefs, which is logical especially for the black man. But all i can say to you my friend is that, you can evade anything, and you can live in the dark for as long as you like, But truth, Like a very bright light of eternal force, is coming. And Nothing, Not even the strongest and the most deeply rooted lies can hide from its rays of exposure, And everything at last, will be Revealed in due time. Thank you for your post my friend, May love with you always.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / Taiwo Odukoya's Twin Sister, Kehinde Dies Weeks After His Wife's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.