Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma (9113 Views)

It Is Insanity For Anybody To Wish Buhari To Continue Beyond 2019 - Igbo Youths / 2019: Igbo Group Plans One-Million-Man March For Buhari / 2019 Igbo Presidency: 5 Valid Options- Danjuma Abdullah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Ngozi123(f): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dhugal:

Nzeogwu made premier of Northern region is your history and fact?.
In what alternate universe do you live in?

I was gobsmacked by that statement. This is why Nigeria needs to teach its people its history.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Nasman(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Why I won't take you serious, is that you made mention of Kano in your North Eastern one sided projection. Since when did Kano became part of North East? Mr Man, you are dreaming better wake and how did Kogi align itself with the South?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by nwasinachi(f): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
I understand and i feel your pains, i weep and pray everyday for the christians in d north. Madam Okonjo Iweala is d right person for dis job. if u see dat woman life, u go know say she get mind. turakidanjuna

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Dhugal: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
saintmark88:

Maybe it's d title premier of north thts deceiving u, okay I'll change the phrase, he was made d military commander of d northern region
Kid,time you went back to school.And this time,stay there and learn.
Before you do though.......The four Military Governors appointed for the regions by Ironsi were:

1.Lt.Col Hassan Katsina - Northern Region.

2.Lt.Col Emeka Ojukwu - Eastern Region.

3.Lt.Col David Ejoor - Midwestern Region

4.Lt.Col Adekunle Fajuyi - Western Region.

Hassan Katsina later became Chief of Army staff during the course of the civil war.
I didn't realize he changed his name from Nzeogwu then,according to u.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hakanai(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
@op what tribe of Biu?Did anyone bother to follow the website URL provided by the OP? The website barely captures comments or much about what the poster is saying. Apart from only what he commented.

Like he stated also everyone is entitled to his opinion and I can state that some of his views of Biu,Shani and Chibok may not be accurate. The folks back home voted against GEJ for a reason. Be it christian and be it Muslims of Borno. They felt betrayed by the ineffectiveness of the FG/military to help them and the repeated denials by the president to the call for help.

It would be unfair to say the victims of BH are only Christians in the 3 states. To also make it seem an affair plotted by all Muslims against/targeted at Christians only.You simply need to look at the faces of fine men and women in the CJTF that put there life at risk to protect the various communities,you would realize the number of Muslims willing to protect every resident of Borno. Willing to die regardless to protect all.

Looking at the conflict around the 3 states you would find alot of victims across but faith and all ethnicity. It would be misleading not to review all attacks and review the demography of the attacks to reach such a conclusion that the attacks spared anyone.Konduga,Bama,Baga,Gamabro Ngala etc were largely Muslim enclaves and they were attacked especially Baga and without doubt you see the carnage. The deaths were enormous. Chibok did not suffer more than what this communities especially baga and bama. It would rather be naive to say then that it was target at only the Christians.

Lastly am from around where the OP claims and if anything we do well to respect our different faiths anyone can attest to that in southern Borno. We have Christians and Muslims as relatives hence why am shocked by the remarks of the OP and wonder where he is coming from. I have a family of Mixed faith ,from grand parents.Even amongst my siblings we have the mix. So how do you then make it a Muslims plot? How? I remember how we all share fear and concerns about BH attacks and sometimes people call to complain about being under siege. Praying for safety together.Was that all for show?Today that is hardly the case any. Thank God we are gradually having the attacks reduced.

The Biu you talked about,same Muslim Youths you falsely accuse were the ones who stood up to BH and provided the safe haven when nearby villagers fled it didn't matter the ethnicity and faith. EG. You are Kanuri from gubio and christian. In Biu that is largely Muslim,Bura/pabir and yet you find safety there! How then do you explain that?

Today I hear people have return to there farms. Something that was almost impossible some years back.Christians in the NE were split in voting. Simply because some felt GEJ did not do much for them particularly with regards to security. He was there when the chibok girls were taken and his government kept denying.To date some people who supportred GEJ,particularly of the some SE folks still claim It didn't happen.They disagree with the Chibok community and Borno government about the kidnaps.

Creating a divide in the North is sure to fail God-willing. Because if anything people are beginning to understand why harmony is important. Using religion or ethnicity may not have weight easily. The Christians of Borno voted and i spoke to people across the southern part which holds a good number of Christians. Alot voted against GEJ and a few number voted him based of faith.If you use ethnicity/religious bias instead of values and benefits to promote any political agenda you are surely on a long thing.

Lastly I beg to differ on the assumptions you have made.You would need the elite,money,mass mobilization and sensitization regardless of faith and ethnicity to win. What you propose would not cling a ticket.You can ask Buhari, atleast after several attempts he realized that. Ojukwu to tried with APGA .Like wise the North tried with APP,whilst SW with AD.You can learn from the past. Nigeria is fast changing politically.

It would be better your agenda is devoid of hate and discrimination. Because when you get there you will realize you have a diverse nation and that mentally would not fly except you want a divided nation.When you plot openly like this and the Muslims see it how do you expect them to react to christian with in there communities. Why not take them along and show them what offer them and what you also want.How to make the nation stronger through unity and democracy than all the Jihadist,secessionist and crusader agenda.

My post is not to upset anyone but The OP with his remarks maybe setting a bad feeling within the southern Borno communities that are made of Muslim and Christian living side by side. I appeal to you,do not introduce this feud because it will not take us anywhere. The leaders and people do well to promote harmony.Don't make us another Kaduna or Plateau.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
hakanai:
@op what tribe of Biu?

I reside in Biu. But i am Kanuri and not a native of Biu . We came to Biu to escape religious violence in Gubio which is my Ancestral home. Sorry I wont give you specific village or names. I need my identity hidden for now.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by ProudArewa: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
succed:

Who dey beg you to vote.....? Pls save your energy and worry about the continuous massacre in Benue.
e pain you abi?
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by mightyhazel: 10:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
Wot the freaking fork?
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hakanai(m): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

I reside in Biu. But i am Kanuri and not a native of Biu . We came to Biu to escape religious violence in Gubio which is my Ancestral home. Sorry I wont give you specific village or names. I need my identity hidden for now.

Its understandable. So while in Biu did the CJTF comprise only Christians? Were you around when Yimirshika and other neighboring villages came under siege? Did the christian fight it off alone or did it involve the strong CJTF(Mostly made of Muslims from Biu, environs) also included the Army in Biu.They all fought to defend the people,especially in Biu regardless of belief. If not Biu itself would have fallen to BH.Now can you look in the face and say they had an Islamist agenda against you or work with BH to attack you? Be fair to them and isolate issues than generalize.Lets fear God and keep such divisive things away from us.

Anyway,Brother i say this gladly and its my opinion at the moment i don't see any reason I would support a tribe that laughed while we were under attack from extremist. Would call us all BH or even say we lie despite being killed against all odds.I will not support a tribe that till date feels that destruction we suffer should not be remedied or managed properly because they say we contribute nothing to the Federal coffers. I do not see reason why I should support a group that claims our problems were planned and stage by us to destroy all we have and the lands we own to win elections. I would not support a group that claims our kidnap sisters,elders,communities and parents are liars.

For all they care,they said we should be left alone to deal with our issues. Which exactly what they did while GEJ was in power.While BH took and destroyed. While we watched and they denied the issues.Such a person hold no place in my thoughts.

Lastly brother I should blame you for BH,being Kanuri... You folks make the bulk of there insurgency and it is us the minorities that should cry and not you. (Just joking sha!).

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
hakanai:
@op what tribe of Biu?Did anyone bother to follow the website URL provided by the OP? The website barely captures comments or much about what the poster is saying. Apart from only what he commented.

Like he stated also everyone is entitled to his opinion and I can state that some of his views of Biu,Shani and Chibok may not be accurate. The folks back home voted against GEJ for a reason. Be it christian and be it Muslims of Borno. They felt betrayed by the ineffectiveness of the FG/military to help them and the repeated denials by the president to the call for help.

It would be unfair to say the victims of BH are only Christians in the 3 states. To also make it seem an affair plotted by all Muslims against/targeted at Christians only.You simply need to look at the faces of fine men and women in the CJTF that put there life at risk to protect the various communities,you would realize the number of Muslims willing to protect every resident of Borno. Willing to die regardless to protect all.

Looking at the conflict around the 3 states you would find alot of victims across but faith and all ethnicity. It would be misleading not to review all attacks and review the demography of the attacks to reach such a conclusion that the attacks never spared anyone.Konduga,Bama,Baga,Gamabro Ngala etc were largely Muslim enclaves and they were attacked especially Baga and without doubt you see the carnage. The deaths were enormous. Chibok did not suffer more than what the this communities. It would rather be naive to say then that it was target at only the Christians.

Lastly am from around where the OP claims and if anything we do well to respect our different faiths anyone can attest to that in southern Borno. We have Christians and Muslims as relatives hence why am shocked that remarks by the OP and wonder where he is coming from. I have a family with Mixed faith from grand parents and even amongst my siblings we have the mix. So how do you then make it a Muslims plot? How? I remember how we all shared fear and concerns about BH attacks and sometimes people call to complain about being under siege. Today that is hardly the case.

Even the Biu you talked about the same Muslim Youths you falsely accuse were the ones who stood up to BH and provided the safe haven when nearby villagers fled of different ethnicity and faith. how then do you explain that? Today I hear people have return to there farms. Something that was almost impossible some years back.Christians in the NE were split in voting. Simply because some felt GEJ did not do much for them particularly with regards to security. He was there when the chibok girls were taken and his government kept denying.To date some people,particularly of the same folks you claim to support.They disagree with the Chibok community and Borno government about the kidnaps.

Creating a divide in the North is sure to fail God-willing. Because if anything people are beginning to understand why harmony is important. Using religion or ethnicity may not have weight easily. The Christians of Borno voted and i spoke to people across the southern part which holds a good number of Christians. Alot voted against GEJ and a few number voted him based of faith.If you use ethnicity/religious bias instead of values and benefits to promote any political agenda you are surely on a long thing.

Lastly I beg to differ on the assumptions you have made.You would need the elite,money,mass mobilization and sensitization regardless of faith and ethnicity to win. What you propose would not cling a ticket.You can ask Buhari, atleast after several attempts he realized that. Ojukwu to tried with APGA .Like wise the North tried with APP,whilst SW with AD.You can learn from the past. Nigeria is fast changing politically.

It would be better your agenda is devoid of hate and discrimination. Because when you get there you will realize you have a diverse nation and that mentally would not fly except you want a divided nation.When you plot openly like this and the Muslims see it how to you expect to react to christian with in there communities. Why not take them along and show them what they will benefit and what you also stand to benefit and how to make the nation stronger through unity and democracy than all the Jihadist,secessionist and crusader agenda.

My post is not to upset but The OP with his remarks maybe setting a bad feelings within the southern Borno communities that are made of Muslim and Christian living side by side. I appeal to you,do not introduce this feud because it will not take us anywhere. The leaders and people do well to promote harmony.Don't make us another Kaduna or Plateau.

Sannu, Barka da Yamma. I took time to read through your entire post and I wanted to take time to answer your position.

Many individuals reading your post would not realize some flaws to it. I'll outline the flaws.

1. You failed to mention that the Boko haram members are our very own Muslim brethren.

2. You are a muslim and I dont expect you to say anything less than you said. It was just an attempt to mask the hatred beneath.

3. You did not explain as to why youths from a community in Plateau burnt a church in their community.

4. You continually lie that we are living together, while you continue to be killed and you expect us to keep quiet.

5. You are yet to explain why the North is killing off the Shia, or is that part of living together. Northern christians voted for Jonathan and come 2019 we would mobilize even more votes.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hybeenoni: 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
@ Turakidanjuma, while I support a candidate from the South for the presidential position come 2019, displaying your hatred for Muslims will do u more harm than good.

I'm a Muslim from the south, forming a party of trying to garner support for a candidate on a basis of religion will fail woefully.

You are full of hatred, has it occurred to you that there are Muslims in d south?
People with your mindset are actually part of the problem we are facing.
Back to regional govt

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hakanai(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

Sannu, Barka da Yamma. I took time to read through your entire post and I wanted to take time to answer your position.

Many individuals reading your post would not realize some flaws to it. I'll outline the flaws.

1. You failed to mention that the Boko haram members are our very own Muslim brethren.

2. You are a muslim and I dont expect you to say anything less than you said. It was just an attempt to mask the hatred beneath.

3. You did not explain as to why youths from a community in Plateau burnt a church in their community.

4. You continually lie that we are living together, while you continue to be killed and you expect us to keep quiet.

5. You are yet to explain why the North is killing off the Shia, or is that part of living together. Hausa christians voted for Jonathan and come 2019 we would mobilize even more votes.

@ number 1. = Would you then say the rest of Borno are Christians since they are not in BH.I mean the bulk for Borno is christian. Is that the case? Are you also aware that BH are largely made Kanuris,most of there commanders,Even Shekau?If i remember correctly you are kanuri. Should I then say you support them?

@number 2. =What is wrong if am a Muslim ? What hatred do you talk about? You are now resident in my heart.How about a prayer, O'Lord Judge between myself and the brother Danjuma for saying am something that I am not.
Again I have a mixed family and If truly you are from Borno.You can't dispute that.My mother is christian,my two siblings are christian in a house of 5 children. Some Uncles etc. It extends both maternal and paternal.Like any sane person I be disturbed for our collective safety ? Yes. Also that of my kinsmen as a whole. So how am I different from you? Brother I love them all and we share alot. That is why I feel unless you are saying to me you can see my heart and that of there own. Then ...

@number 3. = We shouldn't go to Plateau.Thank God they are gradually getting peace back to the Home of peace.But are you are aware that Mosque were touched too. What happened to the Mosque burnt by the christian youths? Or were there no incident of burnt mosque(s). Because where my brother stays in Jos is touched and the Mosque next to him which i visit for prayers likewise .Its all being rebuilt anyway. Thank God for normalcy and the spirit of peace that remains strong in peoples heart.

@number 4 = You lie brother. I did not kill anyone as a Muslim never done that and happily love you like any other. Anyone is welcome to be my friend.One of my very best buddy today is a christian and would do anything for him. Because I know he would too. I share my thoughts freely and appreciate his advice. We could be friends,If not you have your ways and I have mine. "
"Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
Nor will I worship those whom you have worshipped;,
To you be your Way, and to me mine." (Suratul kafirun)
Am guided by the above and see no reason for taking panadol over what ye believe in.

@number 5 = So the North comprise only Kano,Jos and Kaduna. Please remind me,how many states exist in the north? How many hold sunni majority.Why are the remaining lot not on a the killing spree too?If that is answered am sure my answer is not far from that.Last I checked the Sunni sultan is in Sokoto and somehow Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara mysteriously were missed out of the killing spree.He should be the one to have champion the massacre.Okay wait the last I checked he also asked the FGN to apply caution and release IMN leader. Hmmm!

Brother if you choose to go the route. Do carry on. The best will come God willing. Barka da Yamma. Sai Gobe. May God choose what is best for us and what will see us through the trying times.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
hakanai:

@ number 1. = And the rest of Borno not in BH are Christians. Is that the case? Are you also aware that they are largly made Kanuris which you belong too. Should i then say you support them?
@number 2. =Why because am a Muslim and so? What hatred because my mother is christian,my two siblings are christian in a house of 5 children. A i disturbed for there safety and mine? Yes. And my community as a whole? definitely yes. So how am i different from you?
@number 3. = We shouldn't go to Plateau. what also happened to the Mosque burnt by the christian youths? Or were there not burnt mosque.
@number 4 = You lie brother. I did not kill anyone as a Muslim never done that and happily love you any other so long as they want to be my friend. If not you have your way and I have mine. "
"Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will I worship those whom you have worshipped;,
To you be your Way, and to me mine." (Suratul kafirun)
Am guided by the above and see no reason for taking panadol over what ye believe in.

@number 5 = The North comprise only Kano,Jos and Kaduna. Please remind how many states in the north? how many hold sunni majority and why the remaining lot are not doing the killing too?If that is answered am sure my answer is not far from that.Last I checked the sunni sultan is in Sokoto and somehow Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara mysteriously were missed out .

Brother if you choose to go the route. Do carry on. The best will come God willing.

The position of you Muslims is not funny anymore. Here on this forum you seek to mask the real problems. You keep on saying that we [muslims and Christians] are together in this fight. All I wish for you to answer is below:

IN THE SOUTH WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE MAJORITY, MUSLIMS ARE WORSHIPING IN PEACE;

WHY CANT CHRISTIANS LIVE IN PEACE IN UNDER A MUSLIM MAJORITY?

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hakanai(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

The position of you Muslims is not funny anymore. Here on this forum you seek to mask the real problems. You keep on saying that we [muslims and Christians] are together in this fight. All I wish for you to answer is below:

Did you see me laughing?
You keep on saying that we [muslims and Christians] are together in this fight - Definitely ! Because all die equally and all fight equally for the nations good.
If only I didn't know other Muslims, relatives and friends better.Then maybe I would agree with you about hating Christians. In-short why should i doubt,When those fighting them made of both religions and more. The CJTF is made of both and more. The BIu emirate is made of both faiths(eg. The Madaki is a Christian).
The government and representatives of the communities - LGA,legislators local & national are made of both). You are there and like wise the Muslims.What majority of Muslims work with BH as against the huge number against them? With that I can safely say you are wrong.

While GEJ was in government Mosque started to preach against BH and extremist activities and I know alot of them did because I listen to them. I do not know what else they can do to convince you. They preach against it,fight against it and suffer it like you do.
What makes you different or better?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2016
[/b][b]
hakanai:

Did you see me laughing?
You keep on saying that we [muslims and Christians] are together in this fight - Definitely ! Because all die equally and all fight equally for the nations good.
If only I didn't know other Muslims, relatives and friends better.Then maybe I would agree with you about hating Christians. In-short why should i doubt,When those fighting them made of both religions and more. The CJTF is made of both and more. The BIu emirate is made of both faiths(eg. The Madaki is a Christian).
The government and representatives of the communities - LGA,legislators local & national are made of both). You are there and like wise the Muslims.What majority of Muslims work with BH as against the huge number against them? With that I can safely say you are wrong.

While GEJ was in government Mosque started to preach against BH and extremist activities and I know alot of them did because I listen to them. I do not know what else they can do to convince you. They preach against it,fight against it and suffer it like you do.
What makes you different or better?

While you extend a hand of togetherness to us, You also play with our collective intelligence. Please there was never a time when Mosque preached against the Evil perpertuated by Boko Haram. Rather they fuel it, while they keep up a false front of unity.

You however did not answer my question- Why is there no peaceful coexistence between religious groups in the North. Why do the south not engage in Mosque burning since they do not agree with Muslims.

You simply preach what you dont know about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by hakanai(m): 12:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:
[/b][b]

While you extend a hand of togetherness to us, You also play with our collective intelligence. Please there was never a time when Mosque preached against the Evil perpertuated by Boko Haram. Rather they fuel it, while they keep up a false front of unity.

You however did not answer my question- Why is there no peaceful coexistence between religious groups in the North. Why do the south not engage in Mosque burning since they do not agree with Muslims.

You simply preach what you dont know about

I hate to swear but I could mention a few i remember. Sheik Gumi did that openly in Kaduna and sultan openly said they are not following Islam.I would have loved to mention the different mosque same but I know you would dispute that.

How about this If it matters let ask God to cause anyone who is the liar among us. AM AWARE BY DEFAULT IF YOU DO NOT SEEK FORGIVENESS lying is remains a sin once spoken. So you are believer lets say O'Lord let the liar among answer for the lies.

I proudly say Ya'Allah If i bear witness that my Imam did not preach against extremist view and that of BH in the mosque as attended by me and falsely come to spread a lie that he did preach against them then let me answer to that on judgement day. cool

Over to you!Then lets be judged by God on the last day.

"You however did not answer my question- Why is there no peaceful coexistence between religious groups in the North. Why do the south not engage in Mosque burning since they do not agree with Muslims." =

That my brother is for me and you to answer. Why would you prefer to peddle divisive information over unity?Why would you and I prefer mutual suspicion over that community togetherness that once thrived and we celebrate festivities together. eg. You are aware alot of minorities in the North-east regardless of faith go home ember time to celebrate both Christmas and new year.

What did you and I do to keep the bond,unity and togetherness?What ever You choose to achieve with violence rarely succeed. By understanding and showing that respect we can start and rebuild it.

It was there once we just threw it out the window. At one time no one cared. We all made it this way.
You have to look at the north critically. To see her problems. Poverty,societal neglect,family issues,Jobs,education,economy etc Some would say alot more. As for me it starts with you and me.

The south is way ahead of us. We have issues that have originated into some great damages. How do we fix it. Is it by splitting or digging deeper. Which would be better you living in your house with a friendly neighbor or you having to reconcile with a distant neighbor whilst you are at war with your next door neighbor?

It is simple,what are the simple things you can start with?For me I feel education,empowerment and religious enlightenment. Because the Islam practice in the south or Dubai is not different from the one in the north. Our error is failing to recognize wrong from right.I am happier to see more mosque preach against extremist views and talk about self upliftment over pettiness,children education etc.
We are not there yet but its good start.Our leaders need to lead from the front. We also need not follow blindly where it matters but assist with positive development. They can be brought to order If the north matters to us like we claim.

My take on Buhari - I don't know what he is doing but he has a lot to do. I said something and I will keep to it.If he fails to deliver sufficiently or reasonably then I will vote against is simple. It is our betterment that comes first.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by FakoMaybach1: 12:51am On Nov 16, 2016
i have quietly followed this thread and my Interest has been spiked.

I want to put one Hypothesis down which i believe is close to the truth: IF YOU ARE A BETTING MAN, THE TRIBE IN NIGERIA YOU CAN PUT YOUR MONEY ON TO GO TOE TO TOE WITH THE NORTHERN MUSLIMS IS THE IGBOS

The Igbos are the people that can beat back the extremists and if any alignment against this is to be done i believe the igbos should be supported to break their hold on Nigeria.

Ihejirika so whooped boko haram that Northern elders gathered to have him removed, many might say he did not keep collateral damage under control: but everyone can agree that Ihejirika did a swell job sending Boko haram to "The Other Side with Sirus Black"

To those saying that southern Leaders only favor the North i quite disagree, Nigeria belongs to everyone and southerners are not as nepotistic and discriminatory as their northern muslim counterparts. But that doesnt mean they dont know where their priorities lie; Jonathan gave his people what they needed which is money to share for that is the Niger-delta way

Igbos in Kano have successfully defended themselves on numerous occasions from attacks, Igbos naturally do not fear any tribe and wherever they go they dominate....Even in Lagos igbos have made their mark in the state's political landscape.

I like this project not just because i am igbo, but as it is obvious that the yorubas have sold out and the only tribe left with the firepower and most importantly LOYALTY is the igbos. we all know that the three major tribes in nigeria are the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba and if any one of these tribes gets support they put the others in check.
Another reason i support this project is because if it succeeds lives will be saved; because extremists will know that the big boys have come to the table and their folly will have grave repercussions.

MY ONLY GRIEVANCE IS THAT THERE IS CURRENTLY NO IGBO POLITICIAN I WILL SUPPORT TO ASO ROCK....no igbo man has shown me the competence, sound economic background, astute military know-how, and vast reach for me to support...Ngozi okonjo comes close but she might crack over there and note NOI is not a politician

@op i will follow your movement and lend my voice to this cause, my heart goes out to you and i feel for your sufferings but it wont be long now. Respite is coming your way.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

Thank you very much. Please consistently try to replace Hausa with Muslim. Hausa refers to everyone without highlighting the differences.
U want him to replace hausa with Muslims?
bro we have Muslims all over Nigeria and am very sure ur problem is with hausa/fulani so why do you want him to accuse all Muslim

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

A christian from Benue you say. From Where-AGATU?

My friend you are either a Muslim from the core north or muslim from the south west
I think ur problem is with the Muslims and not fulani, bro u better face ur nightmare in the core north instead of accusing all Muslim
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by President99: 5:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

Okay. Present Okoracha because he has national acceptance more than any living Igbo and dead ones!
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by khadaffi(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2016
saintmark88:
This post stinks of sentiment, bigotry, hate. Everything happening to d Igbos now were caused by d Igbos.

First of all, they think they r too smart.......The first coup was plotted by d Igbos against the Hausas, led by Nzeogu, thts d coup Tht Brot n d second and last igbo head of state Aguyi Ironsi... They killed Northern soldiers, d northern premier, Ahmadu Bello, killed south western politicians... Including Akintola.... Tht act lead to d fracas bw d Igbos and d Hausas

As if tht was not enough, do u know what Ironsi did, he placed his kinsmen n all the juicy positions in d country, even went as far as making Nzeogu who was supposed to be tried and killed for the crimes he committed, he made him d premier of the norther region. How could he have done that.... Did he think tht d northerners would seat down n b dominated by d Igbos. So who started it.... Igbos did, cos u guys think u r too wise n ur wiser than every oda person.

This now led to d counter coup, which was really bloody, n u know wen d Hausas want to do their own, dey over do it.

Until d way Igbos think, the way dey act, we c how u guys react to National matters here on NL.... As far as u still have e this mentality... An igbo man will never be president again

But where are you guys getting all these silly lies from? This just goes to show the level of education in Nigeria. Even if you are lied to, can't you do a research to find out the truth for yourself?

Prior to 1966 Nigeria contained 4 geographical region. The North, The East, The West and The Mid-West. It was a regional system of government so everyone was loyal to his or her various regions. The man who spear headed the coup was from the Mid-west. He was not from the east. And he killed politicians from his region too. I know this might be the first time you are hearing this. Nzeogu Kaduna was never made the premier of Northern Nigeria. I don't know where you heard that from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by EazyMoh(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Nice replies from Hakani proudarewa and the rest.
To the OP I understand your resentment towards Muslims as a 2016 christian northerner, and am not gonna get in to that. Do whatever makes you happy.
However on the political aspect of your post, I suggest you take a little glimpse of history regarding how Sardauna lead northerners treating, protecting, and supporting their cause equally irrespective of their tribe or religion so long they are from the North.
Southerners in general view him as a tribalistic because he formulated policies were employment in the north is exclusively for northerners unless a qualified candidate couldn't be found the a Southerner is employed on contract and is almost immediately replaced the moment a northerner became available.
Northern minority tribes who are mainly Christians benefited a lot from this especially due to reluctance of the Muslims to enroll in modern schools. This is evident in military officers who later became the ones calling the shots in the country. Also the 1966 counter coup was championed by many northern christian officers. At that time Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa's murders were view more as an assault against the NORTH than assault against MUSLIMS.
Sadly today people like you are now assaulting that northern unity. Unfortunately mostly to your own disadvantage. Because even if Nigeria is divided in TEN countries people like you will still be under the domination of MUSLIMS.
Finally I wish you good luck with your allainces with the Igbos, but I advise first you ask them the following questions:
1 Why do they not believe Chibok girls were kidnapped?
2. Why do they think boko haram is a planned and directed giant reality series and all of you claiming victims are only fantastic comedy actors?
3 Why do they still blame mostly you (through Gowon) as those responsible for the civil war?
Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2016
hakanai:

I hate to swear but I could mention a few i remember. Sheik Gumi did that openly in Kaduna and sultan openly said they are not following Islam.I would have loved to mention the different mosque same but I know you would dispute that.

How about this If it matters let ask God to cause anyone who is the liar among us. AM AWARE BY DEFAULT IF YOU DO NOT SEEK FORGIVENESS lying is remains a sin once spoken. So you are believer lets say O'Lord let the liar among answer for the lies.

I proudly say Ya'Allah If i bear witness that my Imam did not preach against extremist view and that of BH in the mosque as attended by me and falsely come to spread a lie that he did preach against them then let me answer to that on judgement day. cool

Over to you!Then lets be judged by God on the last day.

"You however did not answer my question- Why is there no peaceful coexistence between religious groups in the North. Why do the south not engage in Mosque burning since they do not agree with Muslims." =

That my brother is for me and you to answer. Why would you prefer to peddle divisive information over unity?Why would you and I prefer mutual suspicion over that community togetherness that once thrived and we celebrate festivities together. eg. You are aware alot of minorities in the North-east regardless of faith go home ember time to celebrate both Christmas and new year.

What did you and I do to keep the bond,unity and togetherness?What ever You choose to achieve with violence rarely succeed. By understanding and showing that respect we can start and rebuild it.

It was there once we just threw it out the window. At one time no one cared. We all made it this way.
You have to look at the north critically. To see her problems. Poverty,societal neglect,family issues,Jobs,education,economy etc Some would say alot more. As for me it starts with you and me.

The south is way ahead of us. We have issues that have originated into some great damages. How do we fix it. Is it by splitting or digging deeper. Which would be better you living in your house with a friendly neighbor or you having to reconcile with a distant neighbor whilst you are at war with your next door neighbor?

It is simple,what are the simple things you can start with?For me I feel education,empowerment and religious enlightenment. Because the Islam practice in the south or Dubai is not different from the one in the north. Our error is failing to recognize wrong from right.I am happier to see more mosque preach against extremist views and talk about self upliftment over pettiness,children education etc.
We are not there yet but its good start.Our leaders need to lead from the front. We also need not follow blindly where it matters but assist with positive development. They can be brought to order If the north matters to us like we claim.

My take on Buhari - I don't know what he is doing but he has a lot to do. I said something and I will keep to it.If he fails to deliver sufficiently or reasonably then I will vote against is simple. It is our betterment that comes first.

That part of your post that states that the south is ahead of us caught my interest. Why do you think they are ahead of us. We have held power for a longer time and yet we are still underdeveloped.

1. Dont you think Islamic intolerance as against christian tolerance down south is to blame.

2. Dont you think that Muslim's being averse to education is to blame also

With a little more tolerance we would developed. Not by living as a primitive set of people.

a strong southern and Christian president is all we ask and will fight for. enough of the killings

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
i have quietly followed this thread and my Interest has been spiked.

I want to put one Hypothesis down which i believe is close to the truth: IF YOU ARE A BETTING MAN, THE TRIBE IN NIGERIA YOU CAN PUT YOUR MONEY ON TO GO TOE TO TOE WITH THE NORTHERN MUSLIMS IS THE IGBOS

The Igbos are the people that can beat back the extremists and if any alignment against this is to be done i believe the igbos should be supported to break their hold on Nigeria.

Ihejirika so whooped boko haram that Northern elders gathered to have him removed, many might say he did not keep collateral damage under control: but everyone can agree that Ihejirika did a swell job sending Boko haram to "The Other Side with Sirus Black"

To those saying that southern Leaders only favor the North i quite disagree, Nigeria belongs to everyone and southerners are not as nepotistic and discriminatory as their northern muslim counterparts. But that doesnt mean they dont know where their priorities lie; Jonathan gave his people what they needed which is money to share for that is the Niger-delta way

Igbos in Kano have successfully defended themselves on numerous occasions from attacks, Igbos naturally do not fear any tribe and wherever they go they dominate....Even in Lagos igbos have made their mark in the state's political landscape.

I like this project not just because i am igbo, but as it is obvious that the yorubas have sold out and the only tribe left with the firepower and most importantly LOYALTY is the igbos. we all know that the three major tribes in nigeria are the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba and if any one of these tribes gets support they put the others in check.
Another reason i support this project is because if it succeeds lives will be saved; because extremists will know that the big boys have come to the table and their folly will have grave repercussions.

MY ONLY GRIEVANCE IS THAT THERE IS CURRENTLY NO IGBO POLITICIAN I WILL SUPPORT TO ASO ROCK....no igbo man has shown me the competence, sound economic background, astute military know-how, and vast reach for me to support...Ngozi okonjo comes close but she might crack over there and note NOI is not a politician

@op i will follow your movement and lend my voice to this cause, my heart goes out to you and i feel for your sufferings but it wont be long now. Respite is coming your way.

You read the intention of the Christian Coalition of Nigeria [CCN] better than any one else.

You are a billion times correct. My brother in saying what you just said Yare daya bazai isa ba. at all at all

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Turakidanjuma(m): 9:20am On Nov 16, 2016
EazyMoh:
Nice replies from Hakani proudarewa and the rest.
To the OP I understand your resentment towards Muslims as a 2016 christian northerner, and am not gonna get in to that. Do whatever makes you happy.
However on the political aspect of your post, I suggest you take a little glimpse of history regarding how Sardauna lead northerners treating, protecting, and supporting their cause equally irrespective of their tribe or religion so long they are from the North.
Southerners in general view him as a tribalistic because he formulated policies were employment in the north is exclusively for northerners unless a qualified candidate couldn't be found the a Southerner is employed on contract and is almost immediately replaced the moment a northerner became available.
Northern minority tribes who are mainly Christians benefited a lot from this especially due to reluctance of the Muslims to enroll in modern schools. This is evident in military officers who later became the ones calling the shots in the country. Also the 1966 counter coup was championed by many northern christian officers. At that time Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa's murders were view more as an assault against the NORTH than assault against MUSLIMS.
Sadly today people like you are now assaulting that northern unity. Unfortunately mostly to your own disadvantage. Because even if Nigeria is divided in TEN countries people like you will still be under the domination of MUSLIMS.
Finally I wish you good luck with your allainces with the Igbos, but I advise first you ask them the following questions:
1 Why do they not believe Chibok girls were kidnapped?
2. Why do they think boko haram is a planned and directed giant reality series and all of you claiming victims are only fantastic comedy actors?
3 Why do they still blame mostly you (through Gowon) as those responsible for the civil war?
Good luck!

My friend the Truth be told, under Jonathan regime these bastards attacked us and left. Under Buhari they would attack us and still remain in your town and still jeer you everywhere you go. It's like they are untouchable. As to your questions please first tell me-Daga ina ka fito?

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by EazyMoh(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

My friend the Truth be told, under Jonathan regime these bastards attacked us and left. Under Buhari they would attack us and still remain in your town and still jeer you everywhere you go. It's like they are untouchable. As to your questions please first tell me-Daga ina ka fito?
To be whom do you mean when you said they bastards who attack you? Do you mean Boko Haram or The General Muslim population in whose town (Biu) you are taking refuge?
Where I come from doesn't matter. I notice you conveniently ignored all my points and decide to ask where I come from.
I think it will do you good to travel down south especially to the Igboland you are romancing so you can educate yourself about the nature of people's orientation.
My final advice to you, instead of waiting your energy on aligning with southerners; an alliance btw impossible even within CAN leadership, it will do you whole lot of good if you direct the energy towards revitalizing the Arewa unity and solidarity, that way everyone stands to benefit socially, economically and politically. Just like TO Danjuma, Gowon and other northern minorities benefited.
I have nothing against Christians or members of any ethnic group as I have many awesome friends from virtually every tribe and corner of this country.
But like I said Good luck with your alliance.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by EazyMoh(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:

I just noticed your first sentence more carefully. It's now I realize your hatred for Muslims is at par with Boko Haram's hate for Christians. So during GEJ that BH even curved out there own empire more than 10 l.g.a out of the Nigerian state is the time they attack and run away?
Am not gonna reply you again!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Olabestonic001(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Turakidanjuma:
Sorry the figures and votes did not show properly. I will upload a picture showing the voting patterns from my blog soon

Please feel free to comment on the post

http://9ja.site/2016/11/14/2019-igbo-presidency-electoral-map-abdullah-danjuma/

Already there a lot of Christians from Northern Nigeria that are already airing their views on an Igbo candidacy. Click on the link and read their comments and views

Thanks so much for this.
I'm rooting for Obi presidency by 2019.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Olabestonic001(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2016
kropotkin2:
It seems a particular section of northern minority Christian opinion looks to the south east for salvation from the Fulani yoke. However, what they fail to realize is that the change which they seek is merely an exchange of masters, substituting the Fulani Oligarch ruling class for an Igbo one. Little do they know that the status quo is the lesser of the two evils

You're very wrong on that.
But, even if you're right, an Igbo Oligarch won't go on killing spree.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Olabestonic001(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2016
loopmangoat:

Afonjas people are always blinded by the truth
The so called status quo is treatening their existence
I am sorry for you and your kind
People like you will rather die for fulani devils than allow peace to reign

Stop saying that!
Its still the Buhari fools that are doing all those stuffs. Not SW.
We want Resources Control.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Olabestonic001(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:

An Igbo president in Nigeria of today is an illusion my friend.
No one, I repeat, no one in Nigeria can win the presidency without the support of the NE/NW.

Not even a Yoruba man can win the presidency without the NW/NE states , at least half of those states.

Check your history boy.

Says who?
See as it becomes a reality. Atiku will swing some votes against Buhari by 2019 in the NE.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Electoral Map-Abdullah Danjuma by Olabestonic001(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:

I did a comprehensive study of 2015 election.
In 2011, Buhari won only the core North states (about 7 or 8 of them) and not all, despite being in opposition.

In 2015, the rigging machime of PDP in the SE/SS was responsible for nearly 95% turn out in those regioms compared to less than 60% across the nation. If not those "special circumstances " (apologies to that Rivers Returning Officer), the gap between PMB and GEJ in that election could have been more than 3 million votes.

PMB's performance in the NE/NW in 2003, 2007 and 2011 was because he didn't have the support of a strong national political party and the Northern elites then. Now that he has a party with the spread, and his own political allies, don't expect anyone giving him any close battle in the NE/NW in 2019.

The Northern elites are against PMB because his govt doesn't even favor them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swear You Didn’t Steal Public Funds, El-rufai Tackles Kaduna Ex-govs / No One Will Get Preferential Treatment In Demolition Exercise – LASG / Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.