Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? (24645 Views)

How To Become Happy Again After A Break Up / How Can I Cope And Be Happy Again After A Broken Relationship / How To Overcome A Heartbreak And Be Happy Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by anddrewz: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2009
My wife used to be a very cheerful and loving woman, but lately I discovered she is not really happy inside though she may put up a smiling face but deep inside her I can see sign of sadness which I know has been brought about by some recent sad events like lost of a close relative, pressure at work and others. But I feel as a husband, it is my responsibility to bring back the sunshine into her life. So please I need to know some of the simply little ways I could make her happy again. I need your suggestions please.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by cantell(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2009
@poster,
What women need is attention. Take for instance, here in NL. Ladies here love to fight like die. One misuse of word and they pounce on you. They are not doing it because they're offended, they are doing it for us. Yours is better, she's not fighting you.
What ur wife needs is attention. Give it to her and she'll be yours again.
Trust me, i've been down that road before.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by justwise(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2009
anddrewz:

My wife used to be a very cheerful and loving woman, but lately I discovered she is not really happy inside though she may put up a smiling face but deep inside her I can see sign of sadness which I know has been brought about by some recent sad events like lost of a close relative, pressure at work and others. But I feel as a husband, it is my responsibility to bring back the sunshine into her life. So please I need to know some of the simply little ways I could make her happy again. I need your suggestions please.

Try to pay more attention to her, book a min-holiday away from ur city just for both of u where u can talk and share issues. Remind her again how much u love and care for her. These little things helps, good luck and u make her happy again.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by boboclown: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2009
show her lots, lots and lots of love.
most times what women really needs is a man who, when she is down , lifts her up. And this u can do by loving her, talk 2 her, listen when she talks,spend lots of quality time with her, hold\touch her, have a smile for her at all times and for the time being, let her welfare be your priority, hold back on all ur personal stress untill she is okay 2 carry u both.

If these doesn't work after a while, have a heart to heart talk with her and let her know how she is affecting you now.

Best of luck wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by lovemoi2(f): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2009
you are such a nice guy cheesy

the fact that you were even able to recognize the change in your wife is amazing, if she knows this she would really be happy tongue

maybe something happened that she really cant express in words, you need to look for a place she can be comfortable in and create the mood for talking

that could help
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sweetliet: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2009
try to bring back d way u use to communicate. discuss anything with her. make her comfortable in ur presnc to talke about anything. maybe u will b urs again odawise, pass her to me for better care. lol
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by studio43(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2009
Lol
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by SisiKill1: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2009
Awwwwww! You are too sweet!

Talk to her but more importantly, listen to her. Help her grief, just show her you are there and will always be.

Good luck man!
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Shola2009(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2009
Just give her some diamonds or buy her a new car or sth like that.
It should do the trick.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by lovemoi2(f): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2009
Shola2009:

Just give her some diamonds or buy her a new car or sth like that.
It should do the trick.

IDIOT
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by coolier(f): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2009
Continue to love her and show her you do.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Shola2009(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2009
IDIOT
whats ur reason for calling me an idiot??
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sweetliet: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2009
maybe hin sef na idiot and hin dey find hin mate
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by cantell(m): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2009
@Lovemoi2,
You open a thread and belittle NL guys saying that ninety-something percent are stupid and here you're calling a guy idiot.
I jus can't understand this lady.
Were you a tout in ur former life?
Geez!
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by r231(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2009
try to pay more attention to her, sit down with her have a conversation about her day work and everything and also take her on holiday somewhere nice just to take her mind of things
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by jaybee3(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2009
a family holiday (no phone or any other means of comm allowed)
dig?
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Shinatu: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
@anddrewz

I am so proud of you, wish we had more husbands like this.
Please do not be discouraged if you try any of these suggestions and she is still not too happy.
You may have to give her time, time heals, especially when there is a loss of a loved one.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by alex0026(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
Hi shola,nice to meet you i'm alex and you think diamonds and all the stuff you mentuioned are things that will complement the happiness of a wife?let us try to be realistic and not materialistic.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by hbrednic: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
take her to the south of france or swiss alps,
just show her you are doing it for her,it will be a time for her to disconnect from the world.
she will come back renewed only for you.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by madamL(f): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
Does she like music? If the answer is yes, pick some cool ones and play for her late at night and early in the morning. Nothing like that to make one cry with hope rather than with deep sorrow. With time she will learn to forget the sorrrow.

Like some folks already suggested, take her to a hideaway, just the two of you and have a time to remember, let her unburden her heart there.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by throttler(f): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2009
lil wayne would have said

[b][/b][i][/i]treat me like a lollypop, tr-tr-treat me like a lollypop cheesy

so there you have it, treat her like a lollypop.

i will not tolerate any poster saying nonsense about my own contribution o except the original poster, if not your borrom will be set on fire angry
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by cuvoguy: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2009
I hardly contribute to NL posters, I just read comments and see how verbal wars go on and just laugh. I can't help but commend the poster for going the extra mile to notice the feelings of his wife. That is the first step in making her happy - cognizability. Your ability to recognise when she's low in spirit. Secondly, increase your time of attentiveness as some have contributed. You might not need to ask her what the problem is, just give her some special treatment (according to your pocket); a dinner in an exclusive place on a friday night, on saturday take her to the beach for fresh cool breeze (u might need to rent a tent for privacy), pass the night in a hotel or guest house making sure she rests on your chest then see the magic - she would open up to tell you the problem(s). Be ready to receive the shocker incase she tells you that you are the problem. With enough sweet words (ladies love that alot) and apologies, even if you're not the problem, tell her how much you love her. Expect your best dish when you get home. Best of luck.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Vacora(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2009
A nice short break holiday or a meal at a nice restaurant or a couple of nights in a 4* or 5* hotel, it doesn't have to be really expensive, keep it simple and remember to listen and to support her.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Vacora(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2009
And if all fails, make love to her like your life depended on it.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Outstrip(f): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2009
Somethings just need time such as the death of a loved one. Be a source of strength for her. Most women never think of themselves. Let her know that you are in full support of her taking time to relax. Let her know you are worried about her. When she comes back from her stressful day at work rub her feet. Take her away for the weekend. You do not have to spend too much. Even a hotel where you guys can just relax and turn off your phones. Assure her that with time she will feel better. It is funny but it is possible to feel lonely even when you have someone who worries about you. Show her that she does not have to stand alone that she can relax and lean on you. Good luck. I hope it all works out.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by TheSeeker(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2009
The best thing you have to do is talk with her. You have to choose a perfect time to talk with her. While that is important, you have to note that you should be confident when talking to her - you have to know what you want to talk about. You need to be very optimistic as well as real; trust me, it's always difficult to bring someone to see a brighter side to a gloomy issue, so you have to be optimistic and be real about it.

Also, be ready to listen to her extensively. . . . don't be offended if she says some things that may not be relevant enough to make her that sad but be considerate and feel her on every issue she mentions. Again, expect to press her to tell you all that's bothering her because from what I see here, she understands you're going through a lot and doesn't want to bother you with her sadness hence the 'smile' she puts on - in her opinion, that's a way to be understanding and somewhat supportive.

Appear to be able to bear all the stress you're going through, but be sure to let her know you can't carry on if you have to do it alone and she's not happy. Let her know how much it bothers and eats you up everyday knowing she's not happy; make her see how important she is to you, how happy you always want her to be; share memories of happy times with her and make her understand you want those times back. Make her laugh after you've had a very deep talk with her. Make sure there are no distractions when you talk, switch off phones if possible.

When all has been said and done, find time on a weekend and go on a little trip to complement everything. This should work.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Ben13: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2009
It happens! It's only natural. Time will heal the pains.

But it's also not bad if you do some other romantic displays or so. .
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Nezan(m): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
@OP; Take her out for shopping . . . let her get something new.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Epiphany(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
Good man, good man.
Before you start spending money on holidays and expensive gifts, just let her know you are thinking about her. When you are in the office or away from her, send her romantic text messages. Call her a few times during the day, just to ask her how she is doing. . .or just to tell her that you love her and are thinking about her.
On your way home, buy one of those 'i love you cards' from a shop somewhere. Dont buy those cheap N50 cards. Buy something that she can keep or frame (some cards actually have those exotic looks).
Take her out to dinner. . . or lunch.
Take her to a movie or one of those shows they usually show in theatres
If you can cook (or even if you cant) tell her you want both of you to make dinner or lunch. It will help both of you communicate while you are busy doing the chore
Once in a while, when you are passing by her, pinch her bum, or give it a good mischievious squeeze as you pass by. Run your hands across her boobs. . .

There are millions of things you can do to make her laugh and forget her troubles. Best of all, tell her to share her problems or fears or challenges with you. SIT AND LISTEN WITHOUT INTERRUPTING. Sometimes, women just want someone to listen to them talk.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
I think na holiday abi na vacation, shopping make one woman no see her partner again.Una do come again-hideaway! Ujunwa, u remember dat lady for Europe ba? @ Poster:ask her what it is. You guys know how to do b4 now, so if u r gentle, gentility is expected, if u r a roughneck, let her be, she'll come around.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Joe50(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2009
Spend more time with her, when coming from work, buy her something.

Take her out for dinner and let her eat her favourite meal and tell her that the meal is not sweet as the one she used to cook for you.

Play her favourite musics.

Does she like Tom and Jerry cartoon? If she does! Put it and both of you should watch it and laugh.

Always tell her funny things that'll make her laugh.

Women like touching, make sure you Always touch her even when she's cooking (by holding her either at the back or at the front and tell her this is delicious). Never stop kissing her. Always romance her.

Never stop telling her "YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE YOU"

with all these her mind will be back to you fully.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by slimes(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2009
Talk less listen more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifu Ennada: Why I Have Been Ruthless To Men / "Man In Vegetative State Weds His Old Lover" (Photos) / Married Woman Dies During Intimacy With Married Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.